Subject: Re: Bush nominates Mike Griffin (was Re: [extropy-chat] USA - No Science, No space travel, No money ........)

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:06:54 -0800 (PST)

--- Bret Kulakovich <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> And another article relating to our earlier discussion about the crew
> 
> exploration vehicle:
> CEV: A different approach
> http://www.thespacereview.com/article/226/1

This is a very interesting idea, though I'm peeved these bureaucrats
still think an SRB CEV launcher will cost $100 million per launch.
Insane.

Rather than a disposable second stage, wrap it in a reentry shell with
a couple fins and you've got a fully reusable two stage system.

The plan for human exploration I think is a good one. Scientists can
gripe, but really, I have to ask: what is the point of collecting all
that science about what is out there if we never go out there to use
that knowledge for something. We've been doing science on the solar
system for 30 years. I think we know enough by now to justify expanding
human presence there if we are ever going to do it.

If NASA had the Stargate, they'd spend 30 years sending MALPs through
it, sitting behind their little screens, never sending SG-1. "It
detracts from the science" they would say.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat