Subject: CIO Leader: The Tightrope Walk of the Turnaround CIO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 07:55:08 -0400 (EDT)

CIO Leader:
Updates, Insights and Advice from CIO.com and CIO magazine
May 2, 2005

In this edition:
1. Leading Questions...Turnaround, Watch Your Back 
2. Beneath the Buzz....Shared Services
3. Book Review.........More Action, Less Talk
4. CIO Wanted..........Latest Job Postings
5. Total Leadership....A Better Relationship

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This section of CIO Leader newsletter is sponsored by Adobe

How Secure Is Your Data? 
Control Information from Creation to Distribution.
Visit the Adobe Electronic Document Security Partner Domain.
See the latest solutions, presentations, whitepaper and much more...

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3328&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Leading Questions: Turnaround, Watch Your Back
Trying to rescue an ailing IT organization? You need all 
the skills of turnaround CEOs...and then some.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3642&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

2. Beneath the Buzz: Shared Services
By sharing a centralized IT group, business units gain many 
advantages. Easy? No. Worth it? Yes, says columnist Dean 
Meyer.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3643&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

3. Book Review: More Action, Less Talk
A page-turner about moral courage? Believe it.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3644&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This section of CIO Leader newsletter is sponsored by 
Sybase, Intel and Cingular

Sign up now for a FREE "Information Edge" Webinar!
Increasingly, business is happening at the edge. So why is your
vital data stuck in the back office? Join Sybase, Intel and
Cingular to learn how you can mobilize your data and create an
information edge. Register now and for a limited time, CIO's
Focus Guide, The Elite CIO (a $395 value) is FREE.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3387&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. CIO Wanted: Latest Job Postings
>>CIO
Playboy Enterprises
Chicago

>>CIO
Brightpoint
Indianapolis

>>CIO
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
Laurel, Md.

For information on these and other jobs, go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1668&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

5. Total Leadership: A Better Relationship
By managing their relationships with CEOs, many CIOs can 
move toward a business leadership role (from our cousin 
publication, CIO Australia).
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3645&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

For more articles and information, visit our Leadership 
and Management Research Center.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2325&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

Thanks for reading CIO Leader.
Send contributions and comments on this newsletter to 
Edward Prewitt
Executive Editor
Leadership and Management Editor
CIO Magazine
[email-masked]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Leader because
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Lisa Brown at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=15108902&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joseph Nguyen at
[email-masked] **