Subject: UnixReview.com EXTRA! Vol. 6, Issue 18

From: Unix Review News <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:15:32 -0700

**********************************************************************
            UNIXREVIEW.COM EXTRA!
April 26, 2005           Volume 6, Issue 18
**********************************************************************
TODAY'S IT SYSTEMS MANAGER:
GRASPING THE IT-BUSINESS CONNECTION FOR FUTURE SUCCESS
New Playbook from Intelligent Enterprise sponsored by BMC Software

Nobody has to tell you that overseeing a complex, inter-networked  
system of IT systems is a difficult existence. You can become so bogged  
down in the daily struggle to respond to rapidly changing requirements  
and to continuously perform delicate maintenance on the Gordian knot of  
interdependencies that you find it nigh impossible to step back and  
strategize.

Read it only at:
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDAa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************

THIS WEEK on UnixReview.com

Regular Expressions: Software by the people, for the people 
by Kathryn Soraiz and Cameron Laird
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDBa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
The developer community centered on the Python programming language 
sponsors dozens of meetings around the world each year. PyCon, lately 
hosted in Washington, DC, is the grandest of these, with more than 400 
registrants this year participating in a week's worth of activities. 
Soraiz and Laird discuss some developments to Python and other programming 
languages.

Book Review: Solaris Systems Programming 
by Ed Schaefer
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDCa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
Schaefer recommends this book in which Rich Teer shares his experience 
in Solaris Systems Programming (covering Solaris OS versions 2.5, 2.6, 
7, 8, and 9).

The Open Road: Testing Services with Telnet 
by Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDDa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
This month, our author discussing testing some basic services using 
nothing more than plain ol' telnet.

Book Review: Sendmail Milters -- A Guide for Fighting Spam 
by Frank Wiles
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDEa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
Our reviewer recommends this book for both people wanting to learn 
about writing milters for Sendmail, but also for anyone who wants a 
great introduction to spam and mail filtering in general.

**********************************************************************
SPECIAL OFFER! *****  SYS ADMIN MAGAZINE BACK ISSUE CD ROM ***** SPECIAL OFFER!

The Sys Admin Back Issue CD-ROM Version 10 has all the back issues of Sys Admin 
magazine -- the number 1 UNIX/Linux systems administration magazine!  From its 
debut in May 1992 all the way through the December 2004 issue -- that's 13 years 
of the practical information you need to do your job more efficiently and effectively.
You'll find the best articles on: security, backup, crash recovery, system analysis 
and monitoring, system automation and integrating heterogeneous systems -- UNIX, 
Linux, Solaris, Netware -- And more!
For more information, visit:
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDFa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************
                 
                 Get Published! Get Paid!

Sys Admin magazine is looking for systems administrators who have solved 
a common problem in an uncommon way and want to share their solution with 
the only people in the world who will understand it: other systems 
administrators. Each issue has a theme, but we're always interested in useful 
articles on any subject related to managing AIX, BSD, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, 
Solaris, enterprise administration, Linux on the mainframe, scripting, 
and other UNIX/Linux systems administration tips, tricks, tools, and techniques. 

For more information, visit: 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDGa2sc2LbaeQxWi/

Or email Rikki Endsley, managing editor, at: [email-masked]

**********************************************************************
*Thank You* for supporting UnixReview.com EXTRA!

Our records indicate that you are officially subscribed to 
this newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, or "opt-out", 
please click here: http://unixreview.email-publisher.com/u/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L

CMP Media's Privacy Policy: 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDHa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************
UnixReview.com EXTRA! is a weekly newsletter brought to you by
CMP Media LLC.

Please feel free to share this newsletter with interested parties
via email (not on bulletin boards).  To subscribe, see:
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadr7AabgpDIa2sc2LbaeQxWi/

Email comments to: [email-masked]

UnixReview.com, CMP Media LLC 
4601 W 6th Street, Suite B, Lawrence, KS 66049 USA

====================================================================
Update Your Profile:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp
Unsubscribe:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp.u
Confirm Your Subscription:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp.c
Forward to Friend:
   http://www.topica.com/f2f/?f=L9D0EQIBAQAL9pAACAAAAAABL68WHA&r=dharris234%40mindspring.com