Subject: [extropy-chat] Bush Taps Hopkins Physicist to Lead NASA

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:10:07 +0100

Prior to taking over the space department at Johns Hopkins, Michael
Griffin was president and chief operating officer of In-Q-Tel, a
CIA-bankrolled venture-capital organization. Earlier in his career,
Griffin worked at NASA as chief engineer and as deputy for technology
at the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization.
Last year, Griffin joined other experts to assess the president's new
exploration initiative for NASA, which involves retiring the shuttle
by 2010, sending astronauts to the moon by 2020, and then mounting
human expeditions to Mars and beyond. The report pushed for an even
quicker retirement of the shuttle in order to accelerate work on a
spaceship that could carry astronauts to the international space
station and ultimately to the moon.
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/news/41336.html
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat