Subject: [AthofSV] Friday, May 20: Speech and Dinner with Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 19:50:42 -0700

godless,

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!   MAKE THE PRE-REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT NOW!

This is the kickoff evening for the All Atheist Weekend.  Ellen Johnson,
President of American Atheists, will be speaking at the SF Commonwealth Club
Friday, May 20, at 7pm.

Ellen will speak on "MADALYN MURRAY O'HAIR: What She Stood For and Why Her
Ideas Matter Today."

The presentation includes rare archival film footage, and commentary on Ms.
O'Hair's efforts to end coercive school prayer and Bible verse recitation in
public schools. Johnson will also examine why her ideas are especially
relevant today to a new generation of Atheists and other
nonbeliever-separationist activists confronted by further assaults on the
First Amendment.

Date & time:
Friday, May 20, 7pm

Location:
The Commonwealth Club
595 Market St.
2nd floor
San Francisco

Cost: FREE

==============

You can then join her and many Bay Area Atheists for dinner (and help pay
for the room at the Commonwealth Club).

 >> Pre-registration and payment are required. <<

Friday, May 20
Dinner with Ellen Johnson

Supporters of the Bay Area Atheist groups are invited to join American
Atheists’ President at a fundraising dinner at
Sotano’s Restaurant
550 Powell Street (at Bush)
San Francisco

An unexpected Mexican treasure in the heart of the Union Square area, Sotano
’s uses only the finest ingredients to make all sauces and dressings from
scratch daily.

The evening will feature entertainment and additional special guests Brian
Flemming and Amanda Jackson, producers of the documentary "The God Who Wasn’
t There."  They will discuss the project (premiering the next day at the
Off-Market Theater) and show a preview of their controversial film.

Menu selections for the evening include:
LUBBOCK FAJITAS – Flank steak marinated and charbroiled, with peppers and
onions
CHILE VERDE – Slow roasted pork and pablano peppers in a tomatillo sauce
MOLE ENCHILADAS – Two enchiladas covered in negro mole sauce. Choose
chicken, beef or cheese.
VEGETARIAN TOSTADA – A large tortilla bowl layered with black beans, rice,
lettuce, grilled vegetables, salsa, cheese, sour cream and guacamole
DESSERT OFFERINGS – flan (perhaps the world's best!), ice cream, chocolate
cake

Price is $40 per person, which includes entrée and dessert. Drinks are not
included.

Dinner event begins approximately 9:00 p.m., after Ms. Johnson’s speech at
595 Market Street.

Pre-registration and payment are required. Cancellations must be made no
later than 48 hours
prior to the event. For more information: (415) 771-9872.

=======================================================

I want to support the Bay Area Atheist clubs! Ellen Johnson dinner, Sotano’
 – May 20, 9:00 p.m.
Sign me up for ______ dinners x $40 = $    Total

Choose from the following:
Lubbock (steak fajitas) ______
Chile Verde ______
Mole Enchiladas (circle one: chicken / beef / cheese) ______
Vegetarian Tostada ______

Dessert:
Flan ______
Ice cream ______
Chocolate cake ______
Price includes entrée and dessert, tax and tip. Drinks are not included.
Deadline for submission is May 17.

Cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event.

Make check or money order payable to San Francisco Atheists (sorry, no
credit cards).
Mail payment and this form to:
SFA c/o Jen Hallman
1004 Forest Run
Hercules, CA   94547

Names of attendees:
________________________________
________________________________
________________________________
________________________________
Contact information:
E-mail: _________________________
Phone: _________________________

=======================================================

(You can also access the pdf of this at
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/EllenDinner.pdf )