Subject: [Immortality_Club_40271] OT Bankruptcy

From: "chrisclub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:30:19 -0000

Bankruptcy
by: chrisclub  04/18/05 10:06 am
Msg: 232036 of 233617 
 
Fewer than 9% have not suffered a job loss, medical event or divorce; 
Highest bankruptcy rates: Tennessee, Utah, Georgia, Alabama. 
Source: The Fragile Middle Class: Americans in Debt;
Elizabeth Warren, Harvard Law School; Smith Business Solutions

The typical family filing for bankruptcy in 1997 owed more than one 
and a half times its annual income in short-term, high-interest debt. 
A family earning $24,000 had an average of $36,000 in credit card and 
similar debt. 

========================
The US owes almost 4 times it's annual income

US Debt today is 7.8 Trillion, this year the US will tak in $2.0 
Trillion, spend $2.5 Trillion, and borrow another $500 billion to 
make up the difference.

The US will spend $400 billion on interest on the US debt this year.

Chris 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/iOEolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Immortality_Club_40271/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/