Subject: Invitation to "Identity and Security" Seminars

From: "Sun Microsystems" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:05:22 -0500

You are receiving this e-mail at [email-masked] because you 
are a member of the Sun EduConnection program. To update your 
communications preferences, please see the link at the bottom 
of this message. We respect your privacy and post our privacy 
policy prominently on our Web site: www.sun.com/privacy.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear David Harris,

106,000 alumni from a fund-raising database at Tufts 
University. 59,000 students from a food service and housing 
database at California State University at Chico. 32,000 
students and staff from the main ID server at George Mason 
University. Every week seems to bring revelations that 
personal information of students and faculty has been 
compromised through thefts of data at universities. With 
each new incident, the need for universities to re-evaluate 
their identity and security policies becomes more pressing.

To help you learn more about your responsibilities and 
options, Sun is organizing seminars specifically for higher 
education on identity management and security. The seminars 
will take place on May 12th (Identity Management) and 
May 13th (Security) at our Executive Briefing Center in 
Menlo Park, California.

The seminars are free. However space is limited and is 
available strictly on a first come first served basis.

For detailed agenda and registration, please visit
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004145c043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

Highlights:

1. Hear thoughts on the state of trust and privacy issues by 
Sun's Chief Privacy Officer.
2. See examples of good data policies in action with 
customer case studies.
3. Learn as Sun security experts provide free "security 
policy" recommendations to a select group of attendees on 
Day 2 (to be selected on first come first served basis).
4. Discuss identity issues with a panel of customer and 
identity experts from Sun.
5. Watch a demo of a provisioning solution for the complete 
"life cycle" of an employee.
6. Network with your peers and Sun executives during the 
reception on May 12th evening as well as during breaks.
7. Participate in 1:1 sessions with Sun Identity Management 
experts (Day 2). To be scheduled in advance.

We hope you can join us to learn more about these critical 
issues.  

Register now!  
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004145b043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

Regards,
Sun Microsystems Education & Research Group

------------------------------------------------------------
Sun Microsystems, 15 Network Circle, UMPK15-204, Menlo Park, 
CA 94027 U.S.A.

(c) 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. 
For more information on Sun trademarks, see 
http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks.

If you are not a Sun EduConnection program member but feel that 
you qualify, paste this link into your browser: 
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004144s043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1
to sign up for the Sun EduConnection program.

To update your Sun subscription preferences or unsubscribe to 
Sun news services, use this link: 
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004144q043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

-----------------
annmn:[743b9r043b9r3x4101A0000043b9r0mqTOQqTL$]