Subject: [LosAltosFreecycle] ADMIN: Freecycle Founder Request for Help

From: "sccmod" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:33:09 -0000

Hello Freecycle Members,

Deron Beal, founder of Freecycle (http://freecycle.org), will be 
visiting the SF Bay area the week of April 17th to attend the 
Goldman Environmental Prize ceremony in San Francisco. See:  
http://www.goldmanprize.org/

He will also be attending the EPA Region 9 award ceremony later in 
the week.  See: http://www.epa.gov/region09/awards/ for past winners.

Way to go, Deron!

If anyone can help him meet with Yahoo! community/public relations
representatives or arrange a business development meeting for him at 
Yahoo! while he is out here,please contact: Deron Beal 
<deron  @  freecycle.  org> (take out spaces)

Also, please let Deron know of companies or organizations that might 
sponsor Freecycle. Funds/resources are needed for web development, 
servers, legal costs, etc. --yes it takes work and money to create a 
sustainable organization. Plus Freecycle is thinking
of creating a custom Freecycle system instead of piggybacking on 
Yahoo Groups.

Freecycle currently has 1.1 million members worldwide and is growing 
rapidly.That's amazing since it was basically accomplished with a 
bit of money from Deron and a few friends plus a bunch of 
volunteers. But there are still a few more billion people out there
who could benefit...

Thank You,
Irene  Co-mod

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give the gift of life to a sick child. 
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lGEjbB/6WnJAA/E2hLAA/rcTolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Freecycle...one simple, brilliant idea that's changing the world one gift at a time. What do you want to Freecycle today? http://www.freecycle.org  
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LosAltosFreecycle/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/