Subject: CIO Enterprise: Your Future in Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 04:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

April 27, 2005

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
Covering ERP, CRM, KM and Security 
In the pages of CIO Magazine and CIO.com

1. Alarmed: A Map of Your World
2. Essential Technology: C-Eye-O
3. Weigh In: Federation for Security
4. Wireless: 5 Essentials to Wireless Security
5. Ask the Expert: Enterprise Performance Monitoring 
6. Governance: Stop, Revive, Survive

------------------------SPONSOR-------------------------
This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by WilTel

Access To Engineers. The Wide-Area Networking Experts Of WilTel.
WilTel gives you access to the largest, most modern next-generation
data network in the U.S., and to the specialists who built it.
Experts who know how to harness the power of the network with a
solution specifically tailored for you. Learn more at:

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3575&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

SECURITY
1. Alarmed: A Map to Your World
Senior Editor Scott Berinato gets alarmed about Google's new 
map search tool. It's slick and potentially useful, but he
wonders, did they even consider the security or privacy side 
of it?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3572&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

2. Essential Technology: C-Eye-O
Chances are, when you signed on as CIO you never expected to 
be in charge of building a video surveillance infrastructure. 
Get over that; it's in your future.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3408&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

3. Weigh In: Federation for Security
Our visiting columnist Eugene Kuznetsov explains how the 
reciprocal relationship of federated identity management and 
Web services works to solve a long-running systems problem.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3573&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

------------------------SPONSOR-------------------------
This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by HP

HP's unique policy-based approach to software change and
configuration management enables organizations to reliably
inventory, provision, secure and maintain software in
compliance with any business policy, including Sarbanes-Oxley
requirements. Download a case study here. 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3424&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

4. Wireless: 5 Essentials to Wireless Security
Wireless networks carry risks, but understanding what you 
need from your network--and what you don't--will help you 
limit those risks and gain benefits from the popular 
technology.(From our sister publication CSO magazine.)
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3222&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

VALUE
5. Ask the Expert: Enterprise Performance Monitoring 
Got questions on how to monitor and manage the technology, 
people and process to synchronize strategy with day-to-day 
operations? Ask Jim Clayton, CEO of SymphonyRPM, by April 29.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=261&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

6. Governance: Stop, Revive, Survive
Effective CIOs know when a project needs to be marked "do 
not resuscitate." Triage may be less dramatic in IT than in 
healthcare, but it's just as indispensable. (From our cousin 
publication CIO Australia.)
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3574&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

** The May 1 issue of CIO magazine will be online next week.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=390&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

Thank you for reading CIO Enterprise. I'd be happy to hear
from you. 

Sandy Kendall
Web Editor 
[email-masked]

Add CIO Enterprise Newsletter's sending address to your 
spam filter so you don't miss a copy.
[email-masked]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Enterprise because
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Lisa Brown at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=14745978&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joseph Nguyen at
[email-masked] **