Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] [COSMO-ASTRO] Weighing the Universe

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eugen Leitl <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 07:10:24PM -0400, Dan Clemmensen wrote:
> 
> > I know this was intended to be funny, but it is not true as stated.
> A 
> > simulation is a collection of information. Information (by
> definition, I 
> > think) requires that the information storage system is not in 
> 
> This assumes the simulation metaverse is identical with this
> universe. For
> multiple reasons, it is unlikely that the metaverse physics is
> similiar to
> this universe's physics. 

On the contrary, I expect that something like M theory describes the
physics of all possible universes. This is quite obviously the only way
to accomplish true universe simulation on the fly.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat