Subject: UUCPA announce: Caring network update

From: Sara Newcomb <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:29:57 -0700

SARA NEWCOMB had a fine time in Texas watching tennis.  Did you know there
are 8 (count em) 8 UU churches in Houston?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

VERONIKA AGRONOV-DAFOE asked for thoughts and prayers for the family of a
colleague at Temple Emmanuel, Cantor Rachel Michael-Burke.  Her husband
David was seriously injured in a private plane crash and is hospitalized on
a respirator with broken bones and head injuries.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Miracle woman JEAN GILLETT came home on Tuesday the 19th, one day after
major surgery, and attended the PIA luncheon on Friday.  Some lady!!  She
was in church Sunday.  Couldn't miss the Annual Meeting.  Thanks for this
comment, Rae Bell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

MICHAEL MCLOAUGHLIN shared that after their recent visit his parents went
home and looked up a UU church in their area to attend.  He has brought them
to church here before.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
*

HELEN PRICE let us know that BILL TASKER died Saturday at age 85.  He and
wife BETTY were very prominent in our church at one time.  BETTY had died a
few years ago.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NAOMI SHERMAN is about our most popular mother.  Her daughter BETH brings
her every Sunday to church.  The three other children who live out of state
visit very frequently.  Sunday daughter Helen Sherman Winston came with her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

MARY MELNICK really enjoyed our Passover Seder.  She wasn't the only one Ila
heard that from.  SUSAN PLASS really worked hard on this year's Seder.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Last week the teachers at the school where LOUIS BOOKBINDER teaches were
shocked to find a swastika painted on a Jewish teacher's door.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ILA says "Saturday night a dozen of us enjoyed the Auction party PHIL AND
THEA HODGE hosted and do so each year.  The play that was read by the guests
was PHIL'S version of YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU.  Shrimp pizza etc. was
served.  This is a party you don't want to miss bidding on at the auction
this fall."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

--
The announce list is only for announcements about the UUCPA. Discussion
and Q&A of church business should be sent to "[email-masked]".
To remove yourself from announce, send the following message to
"[email-masked]"

unsubscribe announce
end