Subject: UUCPA announce: Find Out Where Good and Evil Came From (Sunday Evening)

From: "Jack Owicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:58:57 -0700

Every wonder why Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have such strong
traditions of ethical dualism (Good and Evil), while this is less prevalent
in Eastern religions?  Every wonder what is the source of the apocalyptic
struggle between Satan and God in Christian theology (particularly current
Evangelical theology)?

Zoroastrianism, the religion of ancient Persia, was a significant source of
these traditions.   Come hear author Courtney Roberts talk about
Zoroastrianism this Sunday evening.  There will be a request for a donation
to fund the evening.

IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU PRE-REGISTERED so that we an idea about how many
people will be attending.  You can just respond to this email or call the
church office (650) 494-0541.

Best regards,

Jack Owicki
For the Adult RE Committee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

Zoroastrianism: The Common Ground between Christianity and Islam April 17,
7:30-9:00 p.m., Fireside room.

Zoroaster, a prophet of ancient Persia, had some very original ideas about
God and the devil, heaven and hell, and the ultimate battle between good and
evil at the end of the world; ideas which profoundly influenced the
subsequent development of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. This program
examines the underlying unity of the great monotheisms of the West; a unity
needed now more than ever as Christians, Moslems, and Jews continue to fight
each other over the 'Holy Land.' 

Cost: Donation will be requested

Lecturer: Courtney Roberts, M.A., is an author with interests in history and
astrology.

--
The announce list is only for announcements about the UUCPA. Discussion
and Q&A of church business should be sent to "[email-masked]".
To remove yourself from announce, send the following message to
"[email-masked]"

unsubscribe announce
end