Subject: RE: [AthofSV] Fwd: Today's Headlines: NY Times

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:08:19 -0700

"Ein Folk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer," which (for the German language-impaired)
means "One People, One reign, One Leader."
- Hitler

"We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us."
- President George W. Bush, in his 2004 acceptance speech

"Grant that we may be one flock and one shepherd!"
- Pope Benedict  XVI

---

From: "how3ird" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:23:15 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Mark W. Thomas" <m_w_thomas@s...> 
> "Grant that we may be one flock and one shepherd!"

Such doom and gloom!

Reminds me of the old joke where the red phone in the Pope's chambers 
(the one not attached to any wires or power source) rings, the Pope 
answers it and the heavenly voice says "I have some good news and some 
bad news."

"The good news is I have decided there will be one world religion"

"The bad news is I'm calling from Salt Lake City"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - An Atheist's Guide to Objectivism
Mon.-Thu. 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - Heresy Trial: A First-Hand Report
Fri. 5/20,  TBD - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/