Subject: [AthofSV] Hello from a Newbie

From: Rick Deshpande <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:17:44 -0500

Hi

I heard about the Atheists of Silicon valley on the freethought radio 
and checked out the godlessgeeks website. Frankly speaking yall are 
quite lovable geeks ;)

A brief background - I am from Birmingham, AL - the most conservative 
place after Afghanistan and Middle east :) Be that as it may, I am 
affiliated with many freethought groups around the nation and try to be 
active as far as my time permits.

One primary reason I am making this post is that there seems to be no 
mention of the movie anywhere in the messages. In English it translates 
to, There is an atheist movie/documentary/mocumentary coming out next 
month called. "The God Who Wasn't There". This movie is directed by 
Brian Fleming who is your own hometown hero, and the movie will be 
having its screening in San Francisco which is the stomping ground of 
the liberals. After a few days the second screening is going to be in 
Birmingham Alabama of all the places, courtesy, the activism of 
Birmingham Atheists. No insurance company is willing to sell us the fire 
insurance but we will be screening the movie in a local theater anyway :lol:

If you are interested you can check out the trailer here 
<http://www.thegodmovie.com/trailer/tests/GodWhoWasntThere-Trailer-LG.mov>

If you are interested in knowing more about the movie you can check out 
The God Who Wasn't There <http://www.thegodmovie.com>

You can also get in touch with the director of the movie Brian Flemming 
by writing to him [email-masked]. He is trying to get the word 
out among freethought circles

I'll read some of the previous mails and get to know a few of you better.

In reason
-Rick Deshpande.

___________________________________
  Respect for the rights of others is peace 
<http://www.universist.org/mission.htm>