Subject: [extropy-chat] Phreak Oil

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

>From Wikipedia:
"Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
 
The Hubbert curve, devised by M. King Hubbert, predicts future oil
availability.The Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas, or
ASPO, is a network of scientists, affiliated with European institutions
and universities, having an interest in determining the date and impact
of the peak and decline of the world’s production of oil and gas, due
to resource constraints.

ASPO was founded by Colin Campbell in 2000. It is the most influential
organization supporting the "peak oil" theory known as the Hubbert
curve, devised by M. King Hubbert, which predicts future oil
availability. It appears in the documentary film The End of Suburbia.

Geologists from the following countries are represented in ASPO:
Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy,
Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the
United Kingdom.

[edit]
Mission
1. To evaluate the world’s endowment and definition of oil and gas;

2. To study depletion, taking due account of economics, demand,
technology and politics;

3. To raise awareness of the serious consequences for Mankind."

It is thus clear that, like the European driven hysteria about global
warming, as a mechanism to institute US carbon taxes that will help
fund a social welfare state in the US while purporting to be "solving
global warming", the "Peak Oil" phenom is just another European-run
propaganda front in the euro-socialist culture-war against low-tax
Americans. When "Peak Oil" fails to sink in, what next? Shall we see
claims by european scientists that hyperthermophiles are gobbling up
all of the oil? Will we see european marine biologists protest the
tapping of undersea oil seeps when rare and endangered species of
Archaea are discovered surviving off of the seepage oil? Will we EVER
see a widespread public acknowledgement by european scientists that
Europe is solving its energy needs via nuclear power, and its nuclear
waste problems with breeder reactors?

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Samantha Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:02:10 -0700

I quit.   I have no time to take out the garbage you insist on heaping 
up.  I hope you enjoy the hell you help create.