Subject: [AthofSV] RE: Florida capitol bill aims to control 'leftist' profs

From: "DAVID GOGGIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:09:02 -0800

You know, I'm starting to think maybe we shouldn't be trying too hard to 
stop these right wing kooks.

If Florida wants to kick all the "leftist" professors out of their state let 
them.  We would be happy to have them here in CA to help us grow our economy 
and prosperity.  Ditto for all other rational-minded 'red state' 
inhabitants.

Perhaps we are going about this the wrong way.  People in those backward 
southern states haven't had first hand experience with theocracy and 
repression, so they are still excited about how wonderful everything will be 
in their little fundamentalist paradises.  Maybe we should indulge them in 
their little experiment in cultural backwardness and economic stagnation and 
in 25 years or so, they like the people of Iran, will realize they've been 
hoodwinked.  Or perhaps they'll end up like the Amish, backward, isolated, 
but impotent and fairly inocuous.

I happen to know several folks whose families left Iran when things started 
to go downhill.  And I am really glad to have their intelligence, skills, 
and secular outlook gracing the bay area.

Fundamentalist Iran does not deserve to have the talents of their scientists 
and engineers and artists, and Florida, Alabama, Georgia, etc. do not 
deserve the talents of the 'leftist' professors.  And they won't even need 
to learn a new language!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 3/23, 7:30 - Money: Red, Blue or Green?
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/