Subject: [AthofSV] Massimo Pigliucci Tuesday, 4:15 at Stanford!

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 18:22:51 -0700

godless,

Curtesy of RATT and Martin Mueller, here's the information on Massimo
Pigliucci's lecture this coming Tuesday.  We hope many of you will be able
to make it, as he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to
evolutionary biology and the philosophical and cultural implications of
Darwin's ideas.

Here are Massimo Pigliucci's website and his article on ID:

Rationally Speaking
  http://www.rationallyspeaking.org

A Critique of Intelligent Design Theory
  http://www.secweb.org/asset.asp?AssetID=40

****************************************************

Annual Ford Lecture in Evolutionary Biology

Massimo Pigliucci
Professor of Biology, State University of New York at Stony Brook

"Science and logic: Why evolutionary theory is not a fallacy"

When:  Tuesday  5/10/05
Where: Herrin Hall, Room 175
Time:  4:15 PM, Refreshments at 4:00 pm
Map:
http://campus-map.stanford.edu/campus_map/bldg.jsp?cx=1091&cy=984&zoomto=66&
zoomfrom=100&bldgID=07-400

Notes: Parking is free after 4 pm.  Palm Drive, which forms the Oval, is the
extension of University Ave. in Palo Alto.

****************************************************

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Mon-Thu 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - From One Heretic to Another: A Heresy Trial Report
Fri. 5/20, 7:00 - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Sat,Sun 5/21,22 - Movie world premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin
Fri. 5/27, 7:30 - SV premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", at Stanford

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/