Subject: CIO Insider: A CRM Home Run

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:37:32 -0400 (EDT)

April 28, 2005

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Major League Baseball and CRM 
The Red Sox had been World Champs for fewer than 12 hours
when the Major League Baseball Advanced Media website,
MLB.com, sold $3 million worth of Sox gear. Sox fans are
passionate, but these numbers were quite a home run.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3602&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:

1. Security: C-Eye-O
2. Vendor Management: Subscribe Now, Pay Later?
3. Sound Off: Who's Afraid of Grid Computing?
4. Weigh In: Federation for Security
5. From the Publisher: Googling for Clarity

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This issue of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Salesforce

FREE WEBINAR: 8 Golden Rules for CRM Success CRM Success
Expert Wendy Close and Gartner VP Scott Nelson discuss the
8 Golden Rules for CRM Success. The presentation includes
live customer stories and 30 days of FREE CRM from
salesforce.com. Click to view.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3603&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Security: C-Eye-O
Digital video surveillance today is more than a security
technology; it's a business enabler.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3408&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

2. Vendor Management: Subscribe Now, Pay Later?
While subscription licensing offers certain advantages,
beware unforeseen price increases down the road.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3604&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

**More on Vendor Management
For a collection of articles and research on vendor management,
read our new Special Report: Vendor Management. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3605&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

3. Sound Off: Who's Afraid of Grid Computing?
Why do so many CIOs turn their backs on such a promising
oppoortunity? Senior Writer Meridith Levinson says there
are reasons. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3606&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This issue of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Adobe

How Secure Is Your Data? 
Control Information from Creation to Distribution.
Visit the Adobe Electronic Document Security Partner Domain.
See the latest solutions, presentations, whitepaper and much more...

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3328&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

4. Weigh In: Federation for Security
Our visiting columnist describes how federated identity
management and Web services' reciprocal relationship works. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3573&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

5. From the Publisher: Googling for Clarity
Gary Beach, publisher of CIO, says search engine companies
sell more than words. They sell trust.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3607&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

The new May 1 issue of CIO Magazine will be online soon.
Stay tuned for cautionary tales on CIOs who are tied to
their legacy systems and disastrous ERP implementations.
 
Thanks for reading the Insider! 

Jennifer McCarthy
Online Producer
[email-masked]

** Keep CIO Insider Spam-Filter Friendly **
Please add [email-masked] to your OK list of 
senders on your spam filter to prevent CIO Insider from 
getting sent to your junk folder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
CIO magazine, or you have subscribed electronically to
this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in the CIO Insider,
please contact Lisa Brown at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=14787416&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joseph Nguyen at
[email-masked] **