Subject: [Catalina22] Varnish

From: David Devine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:49:01 -0600

At the risk of being keel-hauled for not having found this info on my own
(yes, I did search some of your sites), I've got a question about varnish.
I've been refinishing my dinghy's oars using Minwax's Indoor/outdoor
Helmsman Spar Urethane (is this considered varnish?). The finish is nice,
but there is a veerrryyy strong odor for the two hours that it takes the
stuff to cure. Happily, I've got a 600 cfm exhaust blower mounted in my
workshop. Any thoughts on a better product? 

Dave Devine
Bradford, Mass.
Sailing port: Pleasant Bay - Cape Cod
1978 C-22 Swing keel #5812 "Advent"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: "Greg Rohde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:38:26 -0800

Dave,

For my money Z Spar Captains is the way to go.

Regards,

Greg Rohde
C22 Swing Keel 4640
Criosaidh
Placerville, Ca

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of David Devine
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:49 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Catalina22] Varnish

Dave Devine
Bradford, Mass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm