Subject: [TechRepublic] Special Edition: TechRepublic's Top 10s for March

From: TechRepublic NetNote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:24:29 -0800 (PST)

TechRepublic
http://techrepublic.com.com

Presents your 
TECHREPUBLIC NETNOTE NEWSLETTER for March 31, 2005

AUDIOCAST: GET EXPERT VoIP DEPLOYMENT ADVICE

It can be difficult to design and deploy a VoIP solution that
will deliver the fastest ROI for your enterprise. This 
Avaya-sponsored audiocast provides  provides tips on rolling 
out a VoIP system and avoiding deployment pitfalls.  
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104584-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

TECHREPUBLIC'S TOP 10S FOR MARCH 
 
TechRepublic members weighed in with a variety of favorites in March. 
Downloads and articles on Web surfing, network documentation, and 
router configuration all appear in our Top 10 lists this month. Here 
are the most popular downloads, discussions, articles, white papers, IT 
news stories, and premium products. 
 
DOWNLOADS 
 
* Learn to surf the Web anonymously 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104585-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Network documentation checklist 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104586-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Tune Windows XP to speed up boot and shutdown times 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104587-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Small business network: Lock it down in 10 steps 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104588-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Maximize the Performance of Windows XP 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104589-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104590-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

DISCUSSIONS 
 
* Children in the workplace 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104591-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Download: 101 uses for canned air 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104592-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Did I make the right job change decision? 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104593-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Administrator password 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104594-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Is it legal to restrict what language is spoken at your workplace? 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104595-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104596-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

ARTICLES 

* Make sure you're prepared for Windows XP SP2's upcoming deadline 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104597-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Router Configuration 101: Setting up the router 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104598-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Windows XP program startup locations 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104599-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* The war on spam: Can we win it with DDoS attacks? 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104600-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Router Configuration 101: Configuring and securing the router 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104601-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104602-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

WHITE PAPERS 
 
* Cisco IOS Tips and Tricks 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104603-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* How to Eliminate Spyware to Protect Your Business 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104604-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Going Wireless with Windows XP 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104605-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

*  
Wi-Fi worries: Unauthorized hot spots and rogue warriors 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104606-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* The Anatomy of a Phishing E-mail 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104607-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104608-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

IT NEWS 
 
* Programmers bypass Red Hat Linux fees 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104609-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Bank of America loses a million customer records 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104610-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Denial-of-service glitch could threaten Windows 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104611-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Microsoft to buy Groove Networks 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104612-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* A 30-year memory problem solved? 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104613-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104614-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

PREMIUM PRODUCTS 
 
* IT Professional's Guide to Policies and Procedures, Third Edition 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104615-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Fast Track: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104616-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* IT Finance Pack 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104617-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Administrator's Guide to Active Directory, Second Edition 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104618-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

* Fast Track: Microsoft Access 2003 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104619-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

>>View complete list 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104620-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------
 
NEW AT TECHREPUBLIC 
 
DOWNLOAD: CLIENT SITE PREPARATION CHECKLIST 
Imagine walking onto a client site and finding no desk, no phone, and 
no place to plug in a laptop. Download our updated client site 
preparation checklist, compiled from members' suggestions, and make 
sure your clients are ready for you. 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104621-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

SPYWARE'S ADVERSARY IS SOFTWARE, POLICY, AND ACTION 
Annihilating spyware is a must for businesses trying to stay 
competitive. To proactively address the continual onslaught of spyware, 
clamp down on open access to the Net, educate network administrators, 
set and enforce Internet use policies for staff, and continually update 
anti-spyware software. 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104622-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

INTEGRATING SECURITY WITH THE OVERALL ENTERPRISE STRATEGIC PLAN 
Security in any enterprise should extend beyond just information 
technology to become an integral part of the organization's overall 
strategic plan. 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104623-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

White Papers from our partners

Register for Microsoft's Anti-Piracy and Licensing Webcast
(Microsoft)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104625-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

The 64-bit Tipping Point (Intel)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104626-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

How Rich Internet Applications Can Improve Online Sales 
(Macromedia)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104627-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

What you need to know before deploying VoIP (ZDNet)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104628-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5
 
<tr:textHouseAd /> 
 
------------------------------------------ 

HELP WANTED: COOL JOB OF THE WEEK: SOAR TO NEW CAREER HEIGHTS

Remember the first time you rode in an airplane or a helicopter?
Did you fantasize about being a pilot? Even if that dream didn't 
pan out, you can still apply your IT skills to avionics. Lockheed
Martin is looking for a Program Manager to assist the Lead Supply 
Chain Management Program Manager in developing and implementing 
the supply chain solution for the Presidential Helicopter program,
which will be a global Performance Based Logistics contract to 
support 23 aircraft. Visit Dice.com to learn more about this 
opening (position ID: 284751, Dice ID: lckmtncx), as well as more 
than 60,000 other tech listings.
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=104629-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------ 
 
To unsubscribe from this mailing list: 
http://ct.com.com/click?q=6e-2Vvjz4E9_KPnmD9q3IoQe~lUW5br8gw5DsRR 

To update your TechRepublic e-mail subscriptions or unsubscribe from  
all TechRepublic e-mail lists: 
http://nl.com.com/acct_mgmt.jsp?brand=techrepublic  

Questions or comments: 
http://techrepublic.com.com/2001-6705-0.html  

Visit TechRepublic 
http://techrepublic.com.com/  

Copyright 2005 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. 
TechRepublic is a registered trademark of CNET Networks, Inc.
CNET Networks, Inc. 
235 Second Street 
San Francisco, CA 94105 
U.S.A.