Subject: [LosAltosFreecycle] WANTED: Sewing Machine/supplies/fabric for fire victims!

From: "Jennbalaya Ya-Ya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:37:10 -0800

Dear Neighbors,

Thank you Lisa for the fabric, I will come by in a few minutes to pick it 
up!!!

Some good friends of mine live (or lived) in an artist's warehouse in 
oakland. They had a terrible fire last week due to someone elses's car fire 
underneath their unit of the building. They lost everything, including their 
own car, which was parked next to the van that started the fire. The Red 
Cross has been helping them and has put them up temporarily in a motel. I am 
extremely happy to report that, amazingly, noone was injured in the fire.

My friend Rachel is an amazing seamstress and sewing has been her livelihood 
for the past many years. Tragically, she also lost her large sewing studio 
with tons of extremely unique pieces. She is basically a clothing and 
costume artist. If you happen to have a nice sewing machine that you are no 
longer using, or large pieces of unique fabrics, please let me know, and I 
will come to pick them up ASAP. I am in Los ALtos and I will be going to 
Oakland several times in the next few weeks.

I will also keep you all posted when they figure out what other items 
(household, clothing, etc.) they are going to need to basically "start 
over".

Thank you in advance for your generosity, my freecycling friends!

Jen 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give the gift of life to a sick child. 
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lGEjbB/6WnJAA/E2hLAA/rcTolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Freecycle...one simple, brilliant idea that's changing the world one gift at a time. What do you want to Freecycle today? http://www.freecycle.org  
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LosAltosFreecycle/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/