Subject: [AthofSV] An Atheist's Guide to Objectivism, Wed., 7:30 pm in Mtn. View

From: "Mark Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:22:45 -0000

Objectivism is a philosophy founded by Ayn Rand, author of Atlas 
Shrugged and The Fountainhead.  While all Objectivists are Atheists, 
not all Atheists are familiar with Objectivism.  Steve Nahm, 
coordinator of the Silicon Valley Objectivists, will present a guide 
to Objectivism for Atheists.  He will discuss the many ways 
Objectivism shares ideas with other Atheists.  He will also talk about 
ways in which Objectivism addresses issues we come up against 
regularly, such as its ethics, which is derived from the nature of 
people, not from supernatural beliefs. 

Find out why Steve Nahm believes that Objectivism is a life-affirming 
philosophy that every Atheist should know about by attending "An 
Atheist's Guide to Objectivism." 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - An Atheist's Guide to Objectivism
Mon-Thu 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - From One Heretic to Another: A Heresy Trial Report
Fri. 5/20, 7:00 - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:55:24 EDT

Mark Thomas,
I'll be unable to attend tonight's ASV meeting, as I'll be in a rally here  
in Pacifica, then getting ready to demo the Segway to the Sonoma County  Bomb 
Squad early Thursday morning.  Have a good meeting.
Jim Heldberg

---

From: Craig Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

This is one session I would very much like to be able
to attend.  However, being my daughter's birthday, I
will not be able to make it today.  Any chance this is
going to be recorded (video or audio)?

Thanks,
--Craig Morgan
  San Jose, CA

> Atheist's Guide to Objectivism." 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->