Subject: [pafree] OFFER -- Various Windows Programming Books

From: "T.W. Carey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:27:58 -0000

I used to write for a Microsoft developers' magazine, and during 
that stint was sent quite a few books on programming. Most are soft 
cover, with two exceptions as noted below.  I'm cleaning out my 
office and want to find good homes for these books:

11 books on .NET programming, including: ASP.NET Professional 
Secrets (Wiley, 2003); .NET Components (O'Reilly, 2003); Developing 
Applications with Visual Studio.NET (Addison Wesley, 2002); 
Programming .NET Web Services (O'Reilly 2002); Applied .NET (Addison 
Wesley 2001).

4 books on XML including: XML the Microsoft Way (Addison Wesley 
2002), The Gurus Guide to SQL Server Stored Procedures, XML and HTML 
(Pearson, 2002). 

2 books on SQL Server 2000:  Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (Pearson, 
2002); Essential SQL Server 2000, An ADministration Handbook 
(Pearson 2002).

Understanding PKI, 2nd Edition (Pearson 2003, hardback)

C# Primer (Addision Wesley 2002)

Shared Source CLI Essentials (O'Reilly 2003)

C# Pocket Essentials (O'Reilly 2002)

Internet Security Guidebook (Academic Press 2001)

Computer Security Art & Science (Addison Wesley 2003, hardback)

Core Web 3D (Prentice-Hall 2001)

Pickup is in north Palo Alto.  Let me know which ones you're 
interested in and I'll set them by the curb with your name on the 
bag.  

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mGEjbB/5WnJAA/E2hLAA/rcTolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pafree/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Theresa W. Carey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:03:27 -0800

Sorry ... they were all claimed within 10 minutes!  I didn't realize how 
quickly these books would go.

        Theresa

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Harris" <[email-masked]>
To: "T.W. Carey" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [pafree] OFFER -- Various Windows Programming Books

> If these are available, I'm interested in them:
>
>  - David Harris, 455 Margarita Ave., Palo Alto