Subject: Are you ready for RoHS/WEEE compliance?

From: "Elliott Labs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:30:03 -0600

Visit our site at http://www.elliottlabs.com

In this issue:
> What's New at Elliott
> Deal of the Month

--------------------------------------------------

_______________WHAT'S NEW AT ELLIOTT______________
**************************************************
EU ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATION WORKSHOP:

WEEE, RoHS and EuP Compliance Requirements

The EU is bringing in tough laws on material content and recycling of 
electrical and electronic goods to protect the environment...with 
even tougher measures in the pipeline!

The directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment 
2002/96/EC(WEEE) and the directive on the Restriction of the use of 
Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment 
2002/95/EC(RoHS) came into force on February 13, 2004.  Starting July 
1, 2006 products containing the banned substances cannot be sold in 
the EU and by the end of 2006 producers (you!) must meet mandatory 
levels of recovery and recycling of your waste products in the EU.

Also in the pipeline is the proposed framework directive on Energy 
Using Products (EuP) due to be in effect from July 1, 2006.  This 
directive will mandate Member States to bring in compulsory 
Eco-design requirements under the CE Marking regime, to reduce life 
cycle environmental impacts of products.

Workshop on EU Environmental Legislation - WEEE, RoHS and EuP
Presented by Radio Frequency Investigations, LTD. (RFI) and Elliott 
Laboratories.

When: Tuesday April 19, 2005, 9:00am-4:00pm

Where: Elliott Laboratories, 684 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale CA, 94085.  

View directions 
(http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=id.Ceep_0ToTVX0PngMFG8AZOPiMrBGgLJEWuJta&csz=SUNNYVALE%2C+CA&country=us) 
to the Elliott Laboratories facility.

$495/per attendee (discounts available for groups of 2 or more)

Click on the link below for complete program details and registration 
info: 

Register for the EU Environmental Legislation Workshop now! 
(http://www.elliottlabs.com/seminars/eu_seminar)

__________________________________________________
**************************************************

_________________DEAL OF THE MONTH________________
**************************************************
WEEE/ROHS/EUP CONSULTING SERVICES!

Can't attend our training workshop on April 19th?  Do you need 
detailed and personalized guidance on your company's RoHS/WEEE/EuP 
compliance requirements?  Elliott Labs and RFI are happy to assist 
you with any needs you have in this area.

Whether your company simply needs a high-level roadmap to compliance 
with the new European environmental regulations or a formal 
assessment of how the new laws impact your current operations, we can 
deliver an affordable solution to meet your needs. 

Please contact us today for more information about how Elliott 
Laboratories and RFI can help bring your company into compliance with 
the new regulations.   

[email-masked] ([email-masked]) 408-245-7800 

__________________________________________________
**************************************************

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
Click here to update your e-mail address or unsubscribe.
http://app.subscribermail.com/unsub.cfm?tempid=635F5E5354577155&mailId=641f8714a0574334851cb19ce2d9ad9c

Send this mail to your friend.
http://app.subscribermail.com/send_friend.cfm?template=10028349&mailid=641f8714a0574334851cb19ce2d9ad9c

Email Marketing