Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:11:03 -0800 (PST)

--- Keith Henson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Mind you, I *wish* such a thing existed and would be delighted if it 
> did.  But energy to thrust doesn't work--another way to put it is
> "wrong units."

The problem is he is doing newtonian math on a problem that is properly
solved using Lorentz equations, so of COURSE he is going to get an
absurd answer. This is one more case of a person using, as I said
before, 100% newtonian thinking in a problem which such thought is
entirely inapplicable to.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:15:46 +0000

>entirely inapplicable to.
At the speeds we did the analysis eg a few km/s, Lorenz correction is 
negligible.

-- 
Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millenium
http://www.theconsensus.org