Subject: [AthofSV] THE CENTER FOR INQUIRY is having an event in SF >>THIS WEEKEND <<

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:46:44 -0800

godless,

THE CENTER FOR INQUIRY is having an event in SF >>THIS WEEKEND <<
It's called  “Crisis in America: Defending Reason and our Liberties”   I
attended a similar event a couple of years ago, and it was great.

Location: Clarion Hotel San Francisco Airport

For complete info, see  http://www.centerforinquiry.net/events/sanfran.pdf

WHAT IS THE CENTER FOR INQUIRY?

The Center for Inquiry is a tax-exempt educational organization which
supports the activities of CSICOP (the Committee for the Scientific
Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal) and the Council for Secular
Humanism.  It operates facilities in four U.S. cities and several foreign
countries, maintains world-class libraries of skeptical and humanist
interest, operates a nationwide adult education program, and more. The
Center for Inquiry’s mission is to promote and defend science, reason, and
critical inquiry in all areas of human endeavor.

Schedule:

SATURDAY, March 19

8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration

9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon Morning Session

12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. Complimentary Luncheon

2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Afternoon Session

SUNDAY, March 20

9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon Morning Session

Speakers:

Austin Dacey: Director of the Center for Inquiry Institute; Managing Editor
of Philo; and Associate Editor of Free Inquiry. Co-author of The Case for
Humanism: An Introduction.

David Koepsell: Executive Director, the Council for Secular Humanism; Editor
of Secular Humanist Bulletin; and Associate Editor of Free Inquiry. A
philosopher and an attorney, Koepsell has guided the First Amendment Task
Force in its recent legal actions, including amicus curiae briefs in the
most significant church-state cases of the day.

Paul Kurtz: Founder and chair of CSICOP, the Council for Secular Humanism,
and the Center for Inquiry; and Professor Emeritus of Philosophy, the
University at Buffalo. Author or editor of more than fortyfive books on
humanism, skepticism, and affirmative values.DJ Grothe: National Field
Director, Council for Secular Humanism; Director of Campus and Community
Programs, Center for Inquiry; Editorial Associate, Free Inquiry.

 DJ Grothe: National Field Director, Council for Secular Humanism; Director
of Campus and Community Programs, Center for Inquiry; Editorial Associate,
Free Inquiry.