Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:16:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
> 
> >The mass of an electron is incredibly small, no doubt, but the
> >velocities we are talking about are very significant. This likely
> will
> >not get us high fraction of 1 g accelerations by any stretch of the
> >imagination but it will give us, IMHO, a way to dump a lot of energy
> >into propulsion without wasting mass. (and no, Dirk, doing so is not
> >over unity if the work done is less than the amount of energy put
> in,
> >please go back and read your physics textbooks). Once stable long
> term
> >  
> >
> It's you who should do more reading.
> In space with no universal reference frame a constant energy input 
> translating to constant acceleration can produce arbitrarily large 
> amounts of energy.
> It is only with respect to a fixed reference frame that energy is 
> conserved - in which case SR and GTR are history.

I believe scirer posted a link showing that Einstein was off.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:02:10 +0000

>I believe scirer posted a link showing that Einstein was off.
That will come as news to the people over in sci.physics.research
It's a *very* minority view and the whole field of relativity is 
infested by cranks who cannot give up the Ether theories.

-- 
Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millenium
http://www.theconsensus.org