Subject: [extropy-chat] Book: More Than Human

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:19:22 +0100

More Than Human is about our growing power to alter our minds, bodies,
and lifespans through technology - the power to redefine our species -
a power we can choose to fear, or to embrace.
 More Than Human takes the reader into the labs where this is
happening to understand the science of human enhancement.  It also
steps back to look at the big picture.  How will these technologies
affect society?  What will they do to the economy, to politics, and to
human identity?  What social policies should we enact to regulate,
restrict, or encourage the use of these technologies?
Ultimately More Than Human concludes that we should embrace, rather
than fear, the power to alter ourselves - that in the hands of
millions of individuals and families, it stands to benefit society
more than to harm it.
http://www.morethanhuman.org/
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat