Subject: UUCPA announce: [Fwd: library stuff...the great books collection]

From: Armand Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:31:20 -0700

The Library Committee is offering to an interested UUCPA household a 54
volume set called "Great Books of the Western World," published by
Britannica.   We have one complete set.   It is in the library
collection, but shelf space is limited and we just don't have room for
it.

This collection was first published in the 1950's and includes most of
the "classics" from Homer to Freud.  The 54 volumes are hardback,
tan-bound, with the titles/authors color coded by type of subject.  It's
an impressive, and impressive looking library.  Most (but not all)
bindings are in good to very good condition.   The Britannica web site
list a new set at $595.

If anyone is interested in this collection, please let the Library
Committee know---send an e-mail to RaeAnn at [email-masked], and the
message will get to us.

Finally, in view of the current financial situation, a monetary
contribution to UUCPA might be appropriate.

            Thank you,

            Library Committee

Subject: RE: library stuff...the great books collection
From: "Nancy Westerfield" <[email-masked]>
To: "Armand Schwartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:24:06 -0700

Looks very good to me!  Thanks again for all of your help in the office, the
library, the folding/postal group, etc. How did we ever get along without
you?
Nancy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Armand Schwartz [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:54 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: library stuff...the great books collection

  Hi Nancy,
  I just want to run this by you before I put it out on announce.  The
library committee has decided to not keep the Great Books collection someone
donated to the church.  We have a couple of choices.  1.  See if anyone in
the congregation would like the collection (and might make a cash donation
along the way).  2.  Give it to the Friends of the PA Library.  So, here's
my suggested announcement.  Feedback please....

    The Library Committee is offering to an interested UUCPA household one
54 volume set called "Great Books of the Western World," published by
Brittanica.   It is in the library collection, but shelf space is limited
and we just don't have room for it.
    This collection was first published in the 1950's and includes most of
the "classics" from Homer to Freud.  The 54 volumes are hardback, tan-bound,
with the titles/authors color coded by subject.  It's an impressive, and
impressive looking library.  Most (but not all) bindings are in good to very
good condition.

    If anyone is interested in this collection, please let the Library
Committee know---send an e-mail to RaeAnn at [email-masked], and the
message will get to us.

    Finally, in view of the current financial situation, a monetary
contribution to UUCPA might be appropriate.

    Thank you,

    Library Committee

  So, how does that strike you?  I suppose I should also run this by Betty
Cherry after you.
  Armand