Subject: [AthofSV] wedding officiant

From: Tom Duffy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:23:59 -0700

My fiancee and I are getting married in August.  We would like to have
a secular ceremony, but are having trouble thinking of somebody to
officiate.  Does anybody have any good suggestions of a non-religious
person who can be used to officiate a wedding?

Thanks,

-tduffy

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Sat. 4/16, 2:00 - "Ethicology: Proposing a New Science of Moral Imperatives"
   by Richard Carrier, in Berkeley
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - An Atheist's Guide to Objectivism
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Gary Berger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:49:39 +0000

Tom,

My wife and I were married by Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion 
Foundation.
He's still legally a minister, so its legit as far as the government is 
concerned.
We paid for his filght out here, put him up at our house (where he played
awsome piano for us!) and it went very well. He used a non-religious speech,
which he can e-mail to you in advance for approval. The wedding and
reception were at a banquet room of a restaurant, so there was zero
religion involved (other than one guest who wore a small cross...but he's
welcome to display his ignorance any way he chooses, it did no interfere
with the ceremony).

Gary
ASV Treasurer

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tom Duffy <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AthofSV] wedding officiant
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:23:59 -0700

Thanks,

-tduffy

---

From: Phil Gustafson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:11:19 -0700 (PDT)

> person who can be used to officiate a wedding?
Check out out the Humanists of San Jose, www.humanists.org .  They
perform various secular rites.  Their director is a lapsed Unitarian,
which is quite a lapse.

Phil G.