Subject: [Immortality_Club_40271] Re: OT desensitizes us to cold

From: "rx7171" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:56:09 -0000

Chris:

That's interesting. I was in Tahiti several weeks ago. High eighties, 
humid. The only way I figure the locals can function is something like 
this mechanism also for hot environments.

Is there a potential product here? A pill to take that makes you more 
comfortable in hot or cold environments. The military could sure use on 
in Iraq now that the summer sizzle is coming up fast. Can't imagine how 
it feels, uniform, body armor, backpack, gun, being shot at. 

Sure miss Tantoguy, Cancerfoe and Elbarado.

Robert
rx

--- In [email-masked], "chrisclub" 
<chrisclub@y...> wrote:
> 
> Public Release: 27-Apr-2005
>  Nature Neuroscience
> Researchers discover molecular mechanism that desensitizes us to cold
> Mount Sinai School of Medicine researchers have discovered how the 
> membrane protein that allows us to sense cold works and how this 
> protein becomes desensitized so that one no longer feels the cold. 
The 
> study, published this week as an advance online publication by Nature 
> Neuroscience, focused on a specific region of the cold receptor which 
> is found in many other receptors, including ones involved in taste, 
> vision and fertilization. 
>  National Institutes of Health

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/iOEolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Immortality_Club_40271/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/