Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Conspiracy Theory Theory [

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brian Lee <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Yeah, gold is a great investment. Check out these excellent returns
> of gold:
> http://www.retirement-planning.com/returnrates.htm
> 
> You're better off investing in 3 month t-bills.

HA! "Source: Salomon Brothers, 1993". Does your toast taste stale?

In the last 5 years gold prices have climed from the $270's to as much
as $457/oz. The late 1990's gold price depression was caused by a
collusion of gold hedger Barrick Gold and JP Morgan in liquidating
european central bank gold stocks to earn $6 billion in profits while
depression gold prices with disinformation and hedge program gaming
(currently the subject of a class action lawsuit in US Federal Court).

Greenspan claims that the present 'natural' price of gold should be
between $300-$400/ounce depending on the economy and the deficit. The
increased price of gold is due to devaluation, heavy deficit spending,
and excessive foreign posession of US currency and debt, and warns that
the price could skyrocket if the federal government doesn't get its
budget deficit back down.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat