Subject: Re: [Catalina22] Porta-Bote?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:32:07 EST

I haven't tried it yet, Ken, but I imagine the 12' is going to be a handful 
on the C22.  Obviously, the 8' would be more managable, but then, it's not 
nearly the boat (the 12' is really roomy for a dink).  I'll try to give it a whirl 
this weekend down at the yacht club (it's about my turn to provide the 
entertainment anyway :^).  When trailering, I think it'd ride nicely on the trailer 
itself.  Here are the links to the forums I've found.  You'll note there is 
even a group in B.C.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PortaBotersUSA/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PortaBote/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pbowners/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PortaboteBC/

I'll let you know how the grand experiment goes :^)

Bob

In a message dated 3/9/2005 6:05:25 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Great, I look forward to some real life experience reports. Particularly, is 
12 ' too big to reasonably handle or expand on the sailboat or maybe you would 
drag it behind? Would the 8' one be better? How would a person locate and 
secure it? Would it stay there for trailering? etc. etc. of course. :)
Can you point me to the Porta-Bote forums?
Thx
   Ken G. Brown, Leduc, ALberta, Canada
   1988 C22 Swing #14764