Subject: UUCPA announce: ENDING POVERTY: STEP BY STEP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 18:50:07 -0700

Rev. Dr. Dorothy May Emerson
Ending Poverty: Step by Step

Tuesday, May 10, 7 - 9 p.m.
Fireside Room

Made possible by the Robert Collier Fund and the
Social Justice Committee, Peace Umbrella and
PCD Women & Religion of UUCPA.

In this economically divided world, how is it possible to work
for greater economic justice for people living in poverty?  To
explore this critical issue of our times, plan on attending this
presentation by the Rev. Dr. Dorothy May Emerson. She will
present grassroots strategies that are being used successfully
both in the USA and around the world to eradicate poverty, and
highlight the work of the Unitarian Universalists who are investing
their money to establish village banks in community development
at home and around the world. We will have an opportunity to share
our experiences and ideas and explore possible future actions at
our church.

Please see the latest issue of the UUWORLD for Dr. Emerson's
very timely article "The Microcredit Revolution".

Please join us for this interesting evening and light desserts.
--
The announce list is only for announcements about the UUCPA. Discussion
and Q&A of church business should be sent to "[email-masked]".
To remove yourself from announce, send the following message to
"[email-masked]"

unsubscribe announce
end