Subject: TransferLock added to your Dotster Domains - Domain Protection

From: Dotster dotNews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:44:32 -0800

Dear Dotster Customer,

This is an important message regarding your Dotster Domains.

We recently included a story in our dotNews email explaining that
ICANN has introduced changes to their transfer policy, requiring
registrars to acknowledge all incoming domain transfer requests. In
response to this policy, and in order to protect you from unauthorized
transfers, we have implemented our free TransferLock service for all
.com and .net domains currently registered with us.

This change will help to prevent .com and .net domain names from being
transferred without your authorization. Domains protected by Dotster’s
free TransferLock service can only be transferred if the domain owner
logs into their account and unlocks them.

Reports of domain hijacking due to ICANN’s new transfer policy are
widespread across the Internet. Dotster has experienced several cases
where the registrar requesting the transfer of a domain has attempted
a transfer without the consent of the domain owner. Enabling our
TransferLock service for all of our customers will help protect them
against this type of activity.

TransferLock will only be applied to .com and .net domain names.

In order to remove the TransferLock feature from a domain you'll need
to:

	- Log into your account
	- Click the domain to manage
	- Under the "Services For Domain" section - click the 'manage' button
next to "Domain Locking"
	- On the "Domain Lockdown" page, click 'unlock'

To remove the TransferLock feature from multiple domians at once:

	- Log into your account
	- Click 'View a complete list of all domains in your account'
	- Select the domains you would like to manage and click the 'Manage
Domains' button
	- Under the "Registered Domain Functions" section, click the 'Unlock
Domains That Have TransferLock' button.

For more information about TransferLock, please visit
www.dotster.com/valueadd/transferlock.php.

As always, thanks for trusting Dotster with your domains.

www.dotster.com