Subject: [AthofSV] AA Alert: Join "D-Day Coalition" at SCOTUS for commandments ruling

From: "cgastbook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:27:52 -0000

American Atheists Action Alert

  WHERE WILL YOU BE WHEN "D-DAY" ARRIVES?  JOIN THE "D-DAY 
COALITION"  ON THE STEPS OF THE SUPREME COURT BUILDING IN WASHINGTON, 
D.C. WHEN COMMANDMENTS CASE DECISION IS ANNOUNCED!

It could be one of the most important decisions in First Amendment 
law.

Within the next several weeks, the U.S. Supreme Court is set to 
announce a landmark decision regarding the constitutionality of Ten 
Commandment monuments and other religious displays on public property.

We invite you to join the "Decision Day Coalition" of Atheist, 
Freethought, Secular Humanist and other nonbeliever/state-church 
separation groups in front of the SCOTUS building in Washington, DC 
for a rally supporting the First Amendment!

*  Program of speakers from various groups beginning at 9:00 AM 
on "Decision Day"!

*  Signs and banners provided, or bring your own!

*  Informal meet 'n greet events!

*  More information at http://www.atheists.org/decisionday .

WHEN DOES THIS HAPPEN?  There is usually only short notice of when 
the high court is about to hand down a ruling.  This usually happens 
on a Monday.  Visit http://www.atheists.org/decisionday and you can 
join our special E-Mail list; we'll notify you as soon as we learn 
when "Decision Day" is to take place, and give you the latest skinny 
on rally information.

Our page at http://www.atheists.org/decisionday also has links to the 
DC Tourism web site where you can find out about transportation and 
lodging arrangements.  Get background on the two cases in front of 
the Court, and read amicus briefs.  Feel free to circulate this 
Action Alert!

WHAT: "DECISION DAY" Rally in front of the U.S. Supreme Court 
Building, Washington, DC

WHEN: 9:00 AM on the morning of the decision -- sign up for E-mail 
notice!

WHERE: Steps of SCOTUS

MORE INFO and UPDATES: http://www.atheists.org/decisionday

(AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a nationwide movement that defends civil rights 
for Atheists; works for the total separation of church and state; and 
addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
  + birthday party for Thomas Jefferson and Madalyn Murray O'Hair
  + reports on the Atheist conventions
Sat. 4/16, 2:00 - "Ethicology: Proposing a New Science of Moral Imperatives"
   by Richard Carrier, in Berkeley
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/