Subject: [Catalina22] Mast Crutch?

From: "Dana Shields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:05:23 -0500

On my O'Day day sailer, the marina that prep'd it for travel added something that I always called a "mast crutch" for lack of knowledge of the correct term.

However, I didn't bother to get one from that marina when we bought our Catalina. I see one featured in this photo:

http://www.catalina22.org/nsa/racing/2004Nationals/Photos/bb-02.jpg

Do they sell these? I'm not sure what I'd use for the top if I were forced to make one by hand. Let me know. Thanks!

Dana Shields

-----------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: "Rich Reisner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:12:33 -0500

Dana,

CatalinaDirect sells the "Mast Up" you see in the picture.  Part # D1651 for
about $160. (Old price book).  We have one and it really helps in stepping
the mast.  It telescopes up for easier lifting of the mast.

good Luck,

Rich Reisner

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Dana Shields
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 5:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Catalina22] Mast Crutch?

On my O'Day day sailer, the marina that prep'd it for travel added something
that I always called a "mast crutch" for lack of knowledge of the correct
term.

However, I didn't bother to get one from that marina when we bought our
Catalina. I see one featured in this photo:

Do they sell these? I'm not sure what I'd use for the top if I were forced
to make one by hand. Let me know. Thanks!

Dana Shields

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.3 - Release Date: 3/25/2005

---

From: "Ken G. Brown\(w\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:45:30 -0700

Catalina Direct http://www.catalinadirect.com/store/StoreHome.cfm has them,
called the MastUp Mast Stepper #D1651.
   Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dana Shields
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Catalina22] Mast Crutch?

Dana Shields

---

From: "Dick King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:39:16 -0500

Hi Dana - I made a mast prop out of a length of 2 x 4 with a v-roller 
mounted on one end and a pair of brackets mounted on the other. -The 
brackets are held to the rudder gudgeons with 3/8 x 2 inch bolts from the 
bolt bag. They make perfect pintles. I am sending a copy of the drawing of 
it directly to you.  It does not extend up like the Mast Up, but is high 
enough so that I can lift the mast and cost considerably less. I lift the 
mast by straddling it while standing on the aft end of the sliding hatch and 
lifting with my legs as I walk backward toward the bow.

Dick King
Melbourne, FL
7976 Jagged Edge
A bad day sailing beats almost anything worth doing.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dana Shields" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 5:05 PM
Subject: [Catalina22] Mast Crutch?

| On my O'Day day sailer, the marina that prep'd it for travel added 
something that I always called a "mast crutch" for lack of knowledge of the 
correct term.
|
| However, I didn't bother to get one from that marina when we bought our 
Catalina. I see one featured in this photo:
|
| http://www.catalina22.org/nsa/racing/2004Nationals/Photos/bb-02.jpg
|
| Do they sell these? I'm not sure what I'd use for the top if I were forced 
to make one by hand. Let me know. Thanks!
|
| Dana Shields
|
| -----------------------------------------
| The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
| personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This 
message
| may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
| privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
| intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
| intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
| document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
| copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
| communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
| the original message.
|
|
|
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
| www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm
|