Subject: [AthofSV] Re: Of Interest to US Atheists Regarding the Appointment of Judges

From: "isaacjs22000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:22:29 -0000

JohnKerry.com  	

Dear Supporter,

Early this afternoon, Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Leader of the
United States Senate, held a press conference on the steps of the U.S.
Supreme Court.

Thanks to you, there were a million people standing there with him.

That's how many dedicated individuals signed petitions and newspaper
ads supporting Senator Reid's determined efforts to prevent Republican
leaders from undermining democracy by making judicial nominations a
narrow, one-party exercise.

I am proud to report that 236,498 of those signatures were submitted
by you and other members of the johnkerry.com community. We added our
nearly quarter of a million names to those collected by the Democratic
National Committee, MoveOn.org and other citizens' groups.

We're acting together because we know what kind of judges will sit on
the bench if George W. Bush never needs a single Democratic vote to
win their confirmation. And we know what kind of decisions those
judges will make - decisions that will define the meaning of freedom
for decades to come.

Thank you so much for standing together with over a million other
citizens in this effort.

We still have a lot of work to do before the Republican leaders
abandon their so-called "nuclear option." But, you helped make a
powerful statement yesterday when 2.1 million people saw our ad in USA
Today - and today when you stood on the steps of the Supreme Court
with Senator Reid.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
  + birthday party for Thomas Jefferson and Madalyn Murray O'Hair
  + reports on the Atheist conventions
Sat. 4/16, 2:00 - "Ethicology: Proposing a New Science of Moral Imperatives"
   by Richard Carrier, in Berkeley
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/