Subject: [AthofSV] RE: Liberal professors.

From: "DAVID GOGGIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:25:48 -0700

>If it got that far, universities would probably find ways to cope -
>by, say, requiring that all entering students sign waivers.

Or better yet, simply shut down and move their faculties to more 
intellectually welcoming climates, leaving the religion-besotted populace 
who support republican politicians to see what it's like to wallow in 
ignorance and poverty for a generation or two or three before they realize 
the rest of the world has left them in the dust.

Here in the 'liberal' bay area we welcome all scholars, scientists, and 
intellectuals because we know it is their brain power that is the engine the 
creates progress, prosperity and wealth.  As it always has been.

DG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
  + birthday party for Thomas Jefferson and Madalyn Murray O'Hair
  + reports on the Atheist conventions
Sat. 4/16, 2:00 - "Ethicology: Proposing a New Science of Moral Imperatives"
   by Richard Carrier, in Berkeley
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/