Subject: UUCPA announce: Caring Network update

From: Sara Newcomb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:26:36 -0700

JIM DELAHUNT announced a joy and a sorrow: joy that, after several weeks of
thought his spouse DUCKY has chosen the University of British Columbia over
Stanford to take her MS in Computer Science, and sorrow that it means Jim
has to leave our community.  They will be selling their house, and moving
out of Palo Alto in late July or August.  The MS program will take two
years, but it's not clear where they will end up after that.  On the plus
side, being in Vancouver BC means they are closer to family, including
Ducky's mom BJ SHERWOOD and Jim's mom, two siblings and their families.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

KAREN GIBSON was very happy to see Mother's day wishes in the Palo Alto
Daily from daughter Rayna.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

BETH SHERMAN introduced her niece Catherine who is on a train trip around
the country.  Beth is glad the train stopped here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

BARBARA RASKIN says her daughter Katie Miranda will be exhibiting her art in
the lobby, installing it this week.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CINDY BRADLEY who has been working hard relearning to walk after a stroke,
has a new challenge coming up.  She is planning to walk over the start and
the finish line in the Human Race coming up next weekend.  Husband JACK gets
the "pushathon" section in the middle.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ANDREW JOHNSON says wife Cilla RAUGHLEY is packing to go to New York for a
Memorial for her sister's husband, who died recently.  Her sister has been
in Florida helping their mother, recently widowed, make decisions.  A sad
time for the family.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

THE SENIOR HIGH YOUTH GROUP (SHYG) did a fun and thought provoking service
on 5/1.  DAVID AHNGER-PIER'S dad Ken and brother Nathan attended

 the service proudly.  Ken says David will be going to UCLA this fall and
they all promise not to visit too often.  David's mom SALLY AHNGER was there
too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

JANE ARDLEY, a fairly new member, says she has a rare form of breast cancer
called DCIS or Paget's disease.  She will have surgery on 5/6.  She would
appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this form of cancer as so far she
hasn't been able to locate anyone who has.  Her phone number is in our
directory printed 2/05 and after.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Don't forget to sign up and to come to VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DESSERT
FRIDAY, MAY 6, AT 6 PM, MAIN HALL.  Besides being appreciated, there will be
dessert as it says above, and the Thespians will perform and the kazoo band
will get to play too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have info for this column, please have it to Ila,
[email-masked] or Sara, [email-masked].  Thank you kindly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

--
The announce list is only for announcements about the UUCPA. Discussion
and Q&A of church business should be sent to "[email-masked]".
To remove yourself from announce, send the following message to
"[email-masked]"

unsubscribe announce
end