Subject: [AthofSV] Re: Center for Inquiry Conference

From: "earthboundje" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:13:39 -0000

Monica,

Yeah "the misogynist" would like to join you in Berzerkley this 
Sunday but he'll be in LA checking out the Atheist Alliance 
convention and the Center For Inquiry in person!  Tell 'em to put it 
off to some thursday night and I'd try to get up there.

The next few weekends some brilliant things are happening in SoCA. 
First there's the AAI convention (Richard Dawkins, Penn&Teller, 
Landover Baptist and Julia Sweeney from SNL), and a SALT (Semantic & 
Linguistic Theory) event at UCLA with speakers from all over the 
place:

http://www.atheistalliance.org/convention2005.html
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/SALT

Then a week later a group including George Lakoff will be speaking at 
Pomona college on how cognitive science changes philosophy:

http://www.lcs.pomona.edu/JayFest

Then the following weekend there's a big CFI event with a whole bunch 
of speakers, and I might be driving down to that too.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/events/frontlines.html

Here's something I forgot to mention... this December CFI is doing a 
cruise!  I'm told some pretty interesting people will be aboard.  
What a trip.  A secular cruise!  Wait... cruises are usually 
secular.  But still, um... it's a cruise!

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/cruise

It's a good time to be atheistic... or skeptic, or agnostic, or 
apatheistic, or Humanistic, or Universal Unitarianistic, or rational 
thinking, or freethinking, or disenchantedly mystic psycholinguistic 
social-philosophical, or... whatever the hell you are... you freak!

-je

===============================
--- In [email-masked], LEGAL4ALL@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 3/22/05 2:33:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
> 
> >  Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:04:23 -0000
> >   From: "earthboundje" <jonathan@e...>
> > Subject: CFI (brief report)
> > 
> > 
> > I just took a couple hours to type out an explication of my 
> > experience with the Center For Inquiry.  But now it's 3 am, I'm 
going 
> > blind from staring at the screen, and Yahoo has just vaporized my 
> > post.  I'm pissed off, but I still need to get a few things out 
there 
> > about the CFI.
> > 
> > 
> Hey Jonathan - you're so efficient that I may not need even to 
write much 
> more than my own impressions on a personal level. I have been asked 
by my East 
> Bayt Skeptics friends to come and tell them all about it at one of 
their 
> upcoming meetings. They meet on the last Sunday of the month in 
Berkely at a Chinese 
> Restaurant which serves excellent food I'm told. Want to joine me? 
Now that we 
> met in person? 
> Hah, to the rest of you. Jonathan and Monica were in the same room 
together 
> and no fists were flying. Au contraire, hugs and smiles were 
exchanged. A 
> miracle!
> Monica

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 3/23, 7:30 - Money: Red, Blue or Green?
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/