Subject: Re: [Catalina22] Sail Slides?

From: "W. Bell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:41:04 -0400

Yes i know, I was living in Michigan when Canada went metric.  Now when 
i get to Toronto i need to remember what sorti means and convert from 
Mph to Kph  .. thank goodness most cars have both on the speedo.

Also you are dating yourself if you still know the english system.  Just 
getting better with age is my statement.

Later--Bill
Pt. Orange, FL

87 swing keel (i need to dig out the sail number)

[email-masked] wrote:

>I can handle either, as long as I know which. We converted to metric in
>Canada year's ago but only got halfway it seems.
>Thx   
>Ken 
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
>Behalf Of W. Bell
>Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:48 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Catalina22] Sail Slides?
>
>I'll see what i can do for you.  --  I'll try and get some pic's with a 
>scale so that you will have a reference.  I'll even use an 
>english/metric measuring tape.  Hate to have you confuse inches for 
>mm... lol.. 
>
>Later--Bill
>
><>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
>www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm
>  
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: "Ken G. Brown\(w\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:14:12 -0600

I came across this by accident from Brian Toss Yacht Riggers, Port Townsend,
www site shortly after I read your post and got a chuckle thinking about us
packrats...you don't have a box like that do you? 
:)
We are not alone!
   Ken
---------------------------------------
>From http://www.briontoss.com/education/archive/miscmar01.htm

 I originally wanted to call this section "Pieces of string too short to
save", after the punch line of a Maine story about a notable packrat, who
had a box in his attic with that label on it. The idea is that you don't
throw things away just because there's no apparent use for them. In this
context, there are a whole bunch of items that we don't sell, and ideas that
aren't in any of our books or tapes, and even things that have nothing to do
with rigging at all, but are too nifty or unusual or odd to ignore.
---------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of W. Bell
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Catalina22] Sail Slides?

I still have in my garage a blown out sail from the south coast... i'll 
try and look tonight to get some idea for you... i may just take a pic 
and send to your e-mail directly.  Don't ask why i still have a blown 
out sail.  I come from a family where we never throw anything away.  
Parents were depression babies... nuff said.<>