Subject: [extropy-chat] The Times - I'm going to live forever

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:04:07 +0200

The Times: Some scientists predict that today's children will be able
to live for more than 1,000 years. Is immortality just around the
corner? Bryan Appleyard peers into a hair-raising future without
death.
Somewhere in the world today lives a child who will change everything.
Imagine this child is called Sally. Today is her 11th birthday...
In short, Sally's life prospects are optimum for a human child in
2005. According to current projections, she can expect to live well
into her eighties. But it's not going to be like that, because Sally
is not going to die until 3194...
[Aubrey de Grey] is generally regarded as the leading theorist of
anti-ageing technologies or, as he calls them, Strategies for
Engineered Negligible Senescence. He is convinced the first
thousand-year-old human has already been born. He is convinced because
of his theory of "escape velocity" which, he says, almost nobody has
taken into account.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-1522606,00.html
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat