Subject: Re: Here's the reminder letter. OK?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:37:28 EST

David: here's my draft for the reminder  letter I think its good enough to go.
 
Bob.  I guess the subject heading could be  'Darwin Day Reminder 2005'

Dear Dr so and so:
 
Just in case you've been too busy during the holiday season to plan an  event 
to celebrate science and humanity, on or near Darwin's  birthday, Feb. 12, 
2005, we at 'darwinday.org' want to gently remind you  that there is still time 
to participate. If conditions do not permit a more  elaborate celebration this 
year, those of you who are teaching in February could  dedicate one of your 
lectures to the concept of Darwin Day. Darwinday.org  promotes an International 
Celebration of science and humanity in  recognition of the enormous benefits 
that science has contributed to our  world, and through our understanding of 
evolution, to the oneness of  humanity.
 
We invite you to visit our website Darwinday.org, for additional  information 
and for many additional suggestions on what others are doing to  boost the 
cause of science. In fact you might enjoy browsing  events already registered 
for 2005 or those from previous  years. Some universities have developed 
elaborate Darwin Day programs of their  own and links to their Websites can be found 
on ours. The information  presented on these websites could be very helpful to 
you, as we  all plan for a Global Celebration as we move towards Darwin's 
bicentennial  birthday in 2009.  
 
Sincerely Yours;  
Robert J. (Bob) Stephens Ph. D.