Subject: [AthofSV] Rebuttal to "No Saint" LTE 4/25/05 Argus Newspaper

From: "Walter Hecker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:18:35 -0700

Dear David,

here is a picture of Hitler leaving a catholic church at the height of his
power.  You may want to send that to the dude who criticized your LTE.  I'll
copy FYI to ASV although pics are stripped.
I noticed several times lately that christianity tries desperately to disown
Hitler, by simply stating falsely that he was an atheist.  We as atheists
should make darn sure that the xians don't get away with this falsifacation
of history.  We must not allow them to hang Hitler on us atheists.  So, we
should always be prepared to prove Hitler's catholicism by having the proof
ready and at hand.  Maybe at our website may also be a good place for pics
like this, so I'll also copy Mark directly.

The website quoted by Gillian talks about the belt buckle.  Below and
attached is a picture of the thing.

Check out also the link
http://www.reformation.org/inquisit.html
for more photographs including one where a bunch of bishops perform the nazi
salute.

That brings up an interesting point:  Not only was Hitler a Christian,
expressly believing he was "doing God's work", but also, that the catholic
hirarchy were predominently Nazis.  Well, in many ways they still are and
always have been, just that they know how to wrap their poison in nice
sounding words.

And remind your friend that Hitler and the Vatican 1033 signed the famous
'Concordate' which tore down the wall between church and state to an extent
that the German tax authority took it on from then on to collect peoples'
church contributions for the church.  Kirchensteuer (church tax) is 1/10th
of income tax for every member of the church.  Later this favor was extended
to the Lutheran / Protestant church as well.  Amazingly, the practice
continues today in Germany.
And now it seems to be America's turn to get the separation of church and
state dismantled.

Walter Hecker