Subject: UnixReview.com EXTRA! Vol. 6, Issue 12

From: Unix Review News <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:14:34 -0800

**********************************************************************
            UNIXREVIEW.COM EXTRA!
March 15, 2005           Volume 6, Issue 12
**********************************************************************
Introducing one of the biggest things to happen to UNIX®. 
The IBM eServer® p5-510 and p5-510 Express are causing quite a 
stir among smaller and medium-sized businesses. They’re taking 
UNIX® servers to a whole new level – at an  entry-level price.  
Now’s the time to see our p5 video. 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HMa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************

THIS WEEK on UnixReview.com

Book Review: Forensic Discovery
Reviewed by Kristy Westphal
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HNa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
Our reviewer thinks that Forensic Discovery is sure to become a staple 
for anyone who needs to do forensics on a Unix system. 

Book Review: The Art of Computer Virus Research and Defense
Reviewed by Peter H. Salus
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HOa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
Our reviewer says, "Virus Research and Defense is 700 pages 
of well-written exposition, excellently organized and full of code 
examples and screenshots."

John & Ed's Miscellaneous find Tips
by John Spurgeon and Ed Schaefer 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HPa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
John and Ed introduce four of their favorite miscellaneous find tips.
(reprinted with permission from Sys Admin magazine)

**********************************************************************
Top-notch Training and Cutting-edge Practices Offered at USENIX Annual 
Technical Conference 2005 (USENIX '05)

Join us in Anaheim, CA, April 10-15, 2005, for the USENIX Annual 
Technical Conference 2005 (USENIX '05). This year's program includes 5 
days of training by industry experts such as Ted Ts’o, Gerald Carter, 
Aeleen Frisch, and Marcus Ranum; keynote address by historian George 
Dyson; starting April 13, technical sessions including General and 
FREENIX/Open Source Refereed Papers, Invited Talks, and Guru Is In 
Sessions. Learn the latest groundbreaking practices from the technical 
best. Themes include: system administration, Linux, open source, 
security, networking, and more. Register by March 21 and save up to 
$300!

Register Today!
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HQa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************
                 
                 Get Published! Get Paid!

Sys Admin magazine is looking for systems administrators who have solved 
a common problem in an uncommon way and want to share their solution with 
the only people in the world who will understand it: other systems 
administrators. Each issue has a theme, but we’re always interested in useful 
articles on any subject related to managing AIX, BSD, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, 
Solaris, enterprise administration, Linux on the mainframe, scripting, 
and other UNIX/Linux systems administration tips, tricks, tools, and techniques. 

For more information, visit: 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HRa2sc2LbaeQxWi/

Or email Rikki Endsley, managing editor, at: [email-masked]

**********************************************************************
*Thank You* for supporting UnixReview.com EXTRA!

Our records indicate that you are officially subscribed to 
this newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, or "opt-out", 
please click here: http://unixreview.email-publisher.com/u/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L

CMP Media's Privacy Policy: 
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HSa2sc2LbaeQxWi/
**********************************************************************
UnixReview.com EXTRA! is a weekly newsletter brought to you by
CMP Media LLC.

Please feel free to share this newsletter with interested parties
via email (not on bulletin boards).  To subscribe, see:
http://click.unixreview.email-publisher.com/maadienabe7HTa2sc2LbaeQxWi/

Email comments to: [email-masked]

UnixReview.com, CMP Media LLC 
4601 W 6th Street, Suite B, Lawrence, KS 66049 USA

====================================================================
Update Your Profile:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp
Unsubscribe:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp.u
Confirm Your Subscription:
   http://urnews.f.topica.com/f/?a2iTEe.a2sc2L.ZGhhcnJp.c
Forward to Friend:
   http://www.topica.com/f2f/?f=L9D0EQIBAQALYg0ACAAAAAABL68WHA&r=dharris234%40mindspring.com