Subject: Re: letter for previous participants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:25:29 EST

David: Here's a draft of a letter to 'Previous Participants.' 

Dear ------------------.
 
As a previous participant in the Darwin Day Celebration this brief email  
will serve as both a reminder and an invitation. First, a reminder that  another 
year has evaporated and it's time for all of us to begin planning  for Darwin 
Day 2005. Perhaps you recall that our goal is to continually build  this 
International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year as we move  towards 
Darwin's 200th birthday on February 12th 2009, We sincerely  hope that you are 
planning your event for 2005 and will register it on our  website as you have 
done in the past.  
 
Our invitation is for you to visit our 'All New Website' with the same URL  < 
darwinday.org  >.
During the past few months we have been busy building this new  website for 
the purpose of expanding our outreach effort and we hope  you will fine it an 
attractive and informative resource. As  you browse the new site you may find 
ideas that will be  helpful to you as you plan your own Celebration. Most 
importantly we hope that  once you have decided on what your Celebration will 
consist of, that you will  register and advertise your event here so that 
collectively we will be able to  watch our efforts grow. 
 
Sincerely Yours,  

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology  Program, 
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research  Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a  Nonprofit Corp.
http://darwinday.org  

PS If you do  not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration, simply reply  to this e-mail at [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) .