Subject: [AthofSV] Thursday, 11:15am - 1:00pm: PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer event in SJ

From: "Mark Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 03:12:24 -0000

Thursday, May 5, 11:15am - 1:00pm:

PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer event at SJ City Hall

A few projected sprinkles aren't going to stop the Jesus-besotted 
from inflicting their beliefs on our government.  Don't let the 
possibility of rain stop you!

Atheists of Silicon Valley will lead a protest against the National 
Day of Prayer event, as we have for the last four years. This is a 
federally-funded annual abuse of the Constitution.  We will have 
signs to hold up and pamphlets to hand out.  There will be plenty of 
xtian highschoolers who get the time off to come to this, and are 
often interested in an alternative view.  We can help open their 
minds.

After all this fun, we'll retire to the nearby Togo's for food and 
refreshment.

Location:
S.J. City Hall
801 N. 1st St. (at Hedding)
San Jose
(a few blocks south of the 1st St. exit off 880, just south of 101)

Note: Be careful where you park - parking meters and times strictly 
enforced!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Mon-Thu 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - From One Heretic to Another: A Heresy Trial Report
Fri. 5/20, 7:00 - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Sat,Sun 5/21,22 - Movie world premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin
Fri. 5/27, 7:30 - SV premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", at Stanford

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/