Subject: [TechRepublic] It's our sixth birthday, but you get the gifts!

From: TechRepublic NetNote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:54:24 -0700 (PDT)

TechRepublic
http://techrepublic.com.com

Presents your 
TECHREPUBLIC NETNOTE NEWSLETTER for April 26, 2005

CELEBRATE TECHREPUBLIC'S SIXTH BIRTHDAY! 
 
TechRepublic is commemorating six years of providing a place for some 
of the best minds in IT to share their knowledge and network with their 
peers. To celebrate, we'll be giving away 6 TECHREPUBLIC IPOD MINIS 
(TR-iPods) and other TechRepublic merchandise to members who complete 
or update their Profile in the month of May. 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=142714-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

WHAT'S A PROFILE? 
 
The Profile is one of the many new community features that we've 
developed to help you get the most from TechRepublic. Your member 
Profile page allows other TechRepublic members to know what you're all 
about, adding weight and context to your posts, and helping you connect 
to members with similar skills, interests, and job roles. Further, your 
Profile helps customize your experience TechRepublic, and will only 
become more vital as we roll out additional community features in the 
coming weeks and months. 
 
However, for your profile to realize its full potential, it must be 
complete and up to date. To be considered complete, your Profile must 
have the following items: 
 
AN AVATAR, supplied by you or chosen from TechRepublic's sample avatar 
library. 
 
A COMPLETED PROFESSIONAL BIOGRAPHY, which briefly summarizes your 
skills, experiences, and career goals. 
 
A LIST OF INTERESTS, which will outline the technologies, topics, 
issues, and hobbies you follow and enjoy discussing with peers. 
 
A LIST OF TECHNOLOGIES IMPLEMENTED, which summarizes the hardware and 
software you're currently running, both on and off the job. 
 
If your Profile already includes all of these elements, you're still 
eligible for a TR-iPod. Simply update your profile between now and May 
31, and you'll be entered to win a free TR-iPod! One entry per person, 
but the sooner you enter, the more chances you'll have to win! 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=142715-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

Winners will be announced every Friday, both via this newsletter and on 
the TechRepublic Birthday Celebration page, linked here (and suitable 
for bookmarking). 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=142716-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

COMPLETE OR UPDATE YOUR PROFILE NOW TO ENTER! 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=142717-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

------------------------------------------

HOW DO I UPDATE MY PROFILE? 
 
LOG IN TO TECHREPUBLIC 
If you're not a TechRepublic member, sign up for your free membership 
here. 
 
CLICK THE "EDIT MY PROFILE" LINK 
It's right below your member photo or avatar on your Member Profile 
page. If you don't have a photo or avatar, you'll be able to add one in 
Step 3. 
 
COMPLETE OR UPDATE YOUR PROFILE 
Fill out your Professional Biography, Interests and Current Technology 
Implementation fields. Also, attach a photo or use an avatar from our 
avatar library. 
 
CLICK "UPDATE MY PROFILE" 
That's it! You're entered. Winners will be chosen via random drawing 
from members who have updated their profiles between April 25, 2005 and 
May 31, 2005. Drawings begin on May 4th and continue through June 1st. 
 
COMPLETE OR UPDATE YOUR PROFILE NOW TO ENTER! 
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?c=142718-30765961&brand=techrepublic&ds=5

To unsubscribe from this mailing list: 
http://ct.com.com/click?q=6f-3AS9z5Ll6Ng~Lc0aCX~JTNsEWXWYZtRuBRRR 

To update your TechRepublic e-mail subscriptions or unsubscribe from  
all TechRepublic e-mail lists: 
http://nl.com.com/acct_mgmt.jsp?brand=techrepublic  

Questions or comments: 
http://techrepublic.com.com/2001-6705-0.html  

Visit TechRepublic 
http://techrepublic.com.com/   

Copyright 2005 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. 
TechRepublic is a registered trademark of CNET Networks, Inc.
CNET Networks, Inc. 
235 Second Street 
San Francisco, CA 94105 
U.S.A.