Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Re: James Hughes

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:19:26 -0800 (PST)

--- Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I tend to agree, although there has to be orgs for Transhumanists who
> are not Libertarians.
> Where the Extropy meme *might* lose out in the eyes of the public is
> not having the word 'world' up front to make it seem all-
> encompassing and global.
> 
> Hence the Extropy Institute might consider changing its name slightly
> to correct this.

Extropy is universal. Putting 'world' or 'global' in the name is
self-limiting and demonstrates a lack of vision.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:29:18 +0000

>self-limiting and demonstrates a lack of vision.
Half the population is below average intelligence but they still get the 
same vote as you or me.
PR rules.

-- 
Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millenium
http://www.theconsensus.org