Subject: CIO Insider: Reasons to Play More Golf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:59:39 -0400 (EDT)

April 7, 2005

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Mastering the Secret Etiquette of Golf
How's your golf game? Whether you golf well or stink up
the course, one thing is certain: Golf outings are as
integral to corporate life as board meetings, annual
reviews and holiday parties. And if CIOs want to play
along, they have to know the subtle points of the game.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3132&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

**Are you allowed to spit on the face of your golf ball?
Take our interactive quiz (in PDF format) and find out
how much you really know about the rules of the game.
Please copy and paste link into a browser, if link does not work.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3162&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:

1. Keynote Column: The Personalized Economy
2. Customer Service: The Price of Nice
3. Survey Results: IT-Enabled Innovation
4. Tech Policy: Surviving the IT Audit
5. What's the CEO Reading?: Getting Fired Could Be a Good Thing
6. CIO Enterprise Value Awards

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Shunra

Will you be making investments in enterprise applications
and networks in 2005? Written for IT and Networking Executives,
this new research note from **Gartner Group** advises you on
critical strategies to help you make the right decisions on
enterprise application and network investments, and evaluate
new sourcing options. Get your *free* copy here: 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3140&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Keynote Column: The Personalized Economy
A quarter-century ago, MIS directors complained of not having
a seat at the strategy table. The CIO's role eventually
emerged—a technology visionary and bridge to a gleaming future.
CIO magazine guest columnist Shoshana Zuboff asks: Has that
dream died? 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3163&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

**For more on the new economy, read an excerpt of Zuboff's book,
"The Support Economy."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3164&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

2. Customer Service: The Price of Nice
Megan Santosus says machines are cheaper, but people are
sweeter. Someday, only the rich will be privileged enough
to deal with human beings. The poor will be forced to use
technology.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3165&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

3. Survey Results: IT-Enabled Innovation
Faced with a mandate to cut costs while creating competitive
advantage, CIOs, according to new CIO research, have placed
their emphasis on innovation.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3082&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by by Oracle

What makes grid computing tick? What makes grid computing
work? Is it out with the old and in with the new? What
changes will IT organizations need to make in order to
remain on a grid path? Watch this webcast for more
information.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3130&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

4. Tech Policy: Surviving the IT Audit
The lack of clear IT audit standards is driving CIOs crazy. Ben
Worthen offers a list of the five most common IT control
weaknesses.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3166&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

5. What's the CEO Reading?: Getting Fired Could Be a Good Thing
Corporate executives seem to be more vulnerable than ever to
getting the ax. One in-flight magazine tries to address the upside. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3167&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

6. CIO Enterprise Value Awards
Apply Now! CIO magazine is accepting applications online for
our 14th Annual CIO Enterprise Value Awards. If your company
has developed an innovative IT system that has created real
value for your business, we'd like to hear from you. The
deadline for applying is April 15, 2005.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2688&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

The special State of the CIO issue of CIO Magazine is online
-- check it out at
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=3108&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

Thanks for reading the Insider! 

Jennifer McCarthy
Online Producer
[email-masked]

** Keep CIO Insider Spam-Filter Friendly **
Please add [email-masked] to your OK list of 
senders on your spam filter to prevent CIO Insider from 
getting sent to your junk folder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
CIO magazine, or you have subscribed electronically to
this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in the CIO Insider,
please contact Lisa Brown at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=12298246&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **