Subject: [Catalina22] Dear Siberia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:54:15 EST

Dear Sir Freezing in Siberia, Massachusetts:
 
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe an ex-boat name painter is on  
this site.  If one looks at his home page, one can see him at his  well-honed 
former trade. 
 
Further, if again my memory serves me correctly, I believe this ex-boat  name 
painter once talked about his former annual spring ritual of going around  to 
various boat yards, marinas, etc. to drum up business for the upcoming  
season.
 
Again, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe this ex-boat name  painter 
mentioned March 15 as the date when he would “traditionally” begin his  
annual spring ritual.  In fact, March 15 became the actual start of spring  for 
this ex-boat name painter.
 
But good gracious, look at what happened to this poor old boat name  painter. 
 Having surrendered his vagabond ways living aboard old wood  boats, he 
retrogresses into a life dominated by the mere calculations of  astrologers.  
Perhaps Brad Barrows garage  cast a spell of admiration  for the scientific upon 
his sole that makes him relinquish the ideal for the  factual.
 
Has the lion of March’s beginning terrorized the ex-boat name painter into  
forgoing the treasures of a past life and a spring to arrive in only five more  
days for the agonizing wait of still yet almost another week to pass for the  
ceasing of winter’s howl and the entrance of the hope and warmth of  spring?
 
Well, Dear Chip Ford, I think you should well belay all that equinox  
hogwash.  Do astrologers affix the precise point for the exercise of the  Neptune 
ceremony on the equator?  No indeed, as it most usually determined  by the whim 
of the Captain as when the circus will avail itself upon the  uninitiated.
 
So, dear Chip, be the Captain of your fate.  Bring alive the fine  memories 
of a past existence whose only failing was the absence of ability to  provide 
for such luxuries as food, clothing, and shelter.  Reinstate March  15 as your 
official start of spring and take command of your environment.   Don’t wait 
for our planet on its tilted axis to travel to that point at which  half of its 
area faces the sun for by then you have but six months until the  earth again 
begins its sad transgression into the darkness of winter.
 
Bayard Gross
C-22 #9911
Baby Blue
Greenwich, CT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:28:14 EST

Dave:
 
Catch a berth going down to South America and you'll find out "when the  
circus will avail itself upon the uninitiated" means.
 
Oh yea, bring an extra pair of under ware.
 
May it be but pleasant in Pleasant Bay.
 
Bayard Gross
C-22 #9911
Baby Blue
Greenwich, CT