Subject: DIA @ a Glance 03-22-2005

From: DIA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:03:57 -0500 (EST)

To view this mail in a browser, copy http://recp.rm05.net/servlet/MailView?ms=NTA3ODUS1&r=MjY1NTc4ODU4S0&j=MTk3Mzg1NTMS1 into your browser.
"DIA @ a Glance" is a weekly update and is NOT an all-inclusive list of DIA activities and events. Please pass these updates along to your colleagues.

NOTICE TO MEMBERS: DIA and PAREXEL have settled and resolved all matters between the two organizations.

ANNUAL MEETING UPDATE
Student Poster Session Abstract Deadline Extended to March 31, 2005. Read the abstract submission guidelines in the online preliminary program for details. We regularly update the program session schedule, tutorial topics, and pricing details with the most current information. Housing information too! Register online, or return the registration form in this preliminary program, to join our 41st Annual Meeting, June 26 - 30 in Washington, DC.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05001
http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf

Poster abstract submittal guidelines: http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf#page=113
Session schedule: http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf#page=16
Tutorial topics: http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf#page=5
Pricing details: http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf#page=101
Housing information: http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05001.pdf#page=104

Call to Europe: Special Training Course
Special Training Course on US Regulatory Affairs, 18 - 21 April in Nice, France, delivers a comprehensive overview of the regulation of investigational new drugs and biologics, of submissions seeking marketing approval of a product, and of postmarketing requirements, in the US. Register online or return the registration form in your online training course flyer.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05522
http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/05522.pdf

20th Annual CDM Symposium and Special ePRO Conference
Celebrate the second decade of our cornerstone Annual Clinical Data Management Symposium and Exhibition, April 3 - 6 in Arlington, VA.  Special events include roundtable luncheon discussions, Vendor Bingo, and the vendor showcase Cirque du e-PRO, PLUS you will discover products and services offered by more than 60 CDM and industry support companies in our CDM Exhibit Hall!
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05004

A special session at Benefits and Challenges With ePRO: Outcomes and Endpoints as We Emerge From the Long Age of Paper Methods, April 4 - 5 in Arlington, will feature FDA presenters detailing agency views on PRO endpoint measurement innovation and its implications for industry submissions and FDA review. Registered ePRO participants can also receive a complimentary pass to visit the CDM Exhibit Hall and Reception at the Hyatt Crystal City Hotel on Sunday April 3 from 4:00 to 6:00PM. Come talk with ePRO vendors about their products designed to achieve high patient compliance!
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05011

New April Webinar Just Announced!
Data Management in Pharmacovigilance: Mining a Low-grade Ore, 12:00 - 2:00PM EST on April 12.  
Registrations still being accepted for our ICH Q8 Pharmaceutical Development: FDA Draft Guidance webinar on March 30 and our Quality Systems and Compliance Framework webinar on March 31.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05210
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05227
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05226

New Programs Advancing Clinical Research
Learn what “best in class” means from the perspectives of big pharmaceutical companies and small, from contractors and consultants, at Best-in-class Clinical Supply Units and Breakthrough Technologies, April 11 - 13 in Philadelphia, PA. Explore proven practices for optimum clinical supply chains, and how cutting-edge technology can maximize your operations. 
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05012

At Better Processes for Patient Recruitment and Retention: Understanding Volunteers and Their Perspectives, April 12 - 13 in Philadelphia, the world’s leading patient recruitment experts will explain the techniques they use to plan and execute enrollment programs, and to build enrollment synergy between clinical study sponsors, sites, and suppliers. 
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05015

Time to Vote
DIA members are asked to vote for several positions on the Board of Directors and other association leadership. Vote online or with the paper ballot you received with your March issue of DIA Today. Whether you vote online or on paper, please vote before the polls close on June 30.

https://www.diahome.org/secure/survey/Survey_form.cfm?Survey_ID=9

EUROMEETING UPDATE
Share your great ideas by submitting your session abstract for our 18th Annual EuroMeeting: Molecules to Medicines - Better, Safer, Faster, in Paris, France, March 6 - 8, 2006. Your online Call for Abstracts has all the details. Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2005.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=06101
http://www.diahome.org/Content/Events/06101.pdf

EUDRAVIGILANCE UPDATE
EMEA now offers a special training course on the EudraVigilance Medicinal Product Dictionary (EVMPD) at their London facility. Registration is now open for EVMPD training on 28 April, 26 May, 11 July, 22 August, 19 September, 13 October, and 21 November. Please contact [email-masked] for more information.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05545
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05546
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05547
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05548
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05549
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05550
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05551

CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR UPDATE
Demonstrate your personal commitment to clinical research excellence by becoming a Certified Clinical Investigator. You can sit for the Certified Clinical Investigator examination on April 3 in Arlington, VA; on April 16 in San Diego, CA; on April 30 in Kalamazoo, MI; on May 14 in Atlanta, GA; on May 21 in Chicago, IL; on the morning and afternoon of June 26 in Washington, DC (at the DIA Annual Meeting). DIA offers the Certified Clinical Investigator examination review course on April 3 in Arlington, VA and on June 25 in Washington, DC (at the DIA Annual Meeting).

Examinations:
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50401
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50402
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50403
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50501
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50502
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50601
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50602

Review Courses:
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05406
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05410

DIA offers a special Certified Clinical Investigator eLearning program, too!
eLearning: http://www.diahome.org/docs/Education/elearning_detail.cfm?bundle=ELRNBUNDLE03

PROGRAMMING UPDATES
Call for Abstracts
Speaker Disclosure Form
http://www.diahome.org/DIA_TRAINING/Content/Education/Disclosure_form.DOC

Challenges in the Development of Therapeutic Products
November 6 - 8 in San Diego, CA
Abstracts Due April 1
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05022

18th Annual EuroMeeting - Molecules to Medicines: Better, Safer, Faster
March 6 - 8, 2006, in Paris, France
Abstracts Due April 1
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=06101

Time to Register
Please look under "Meetings" on our homepage for a complete meeting list. You can search by meeting date or key word.
http://www.diahome.org/docs/events/Events_index.cfm

WEBINAR: ICH Q8 Pharmaceutical Development: FDA Draft Guidance
March 30, 12:30 - 1:30 PM EST
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05227

WEBINAR: Quality Systems and Compliance Framework
March 31, 12:00 - 1:30PM EST
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05226

Certified Clinical Investigator Examination Review Course
April 3 in Arlington, VA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05406

Certified Clinical Investigator Examination
April 3 in Arlington, VA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=50401

20th Annual Clinical Data Management Symposium and Exhibition
April 3 - 6 in Arlington, VA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05004

Managing Multiple Priorities for Clinical Research Professionals Training Course
April 4 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05443

Benefits and Challenges with ePRO: Outcomes and Endpoints as We Emerge from the Long Age of Paper
April 4 - 5 in Arlington, VA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05011

Regulatory I: The IND Phase Training Course
April 4 - 6 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05427

Advanced Topics in Clinical Research / Drug Development Training Course
April 4 - 6 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05450

Fundamentals of Clinical Research Monitoring Training Course
April 4 - 6 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05452

EMEA / DIA EudraVigilance Training Course
April 4 - 6 in London, UK
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05512

Drug Safety Surveillance and Epidemiology Training Course
April 6 - 8 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05445

Best-in-class Clinical Supply Units and Breakthrough Technologies
April 11 - 13 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05012

Use of ECGs in Clinical Trials: A Public Discussion
April 11 - 12 in Bethesda, MD
Co-sponsored by FDA, the Heart Rhythm Society, and DIA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05029

Pharmacogenomics in Drug Development and Regulatory Decision Making
April 11 - 13 in Bethesda, MD
Co-sponsored by FDA, Pharmacogenetics Working Group, PhRMA, Biotechnology Industry Organization, and DIA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05013

WEBINAR: Data Management in Pharmacovigilance: Mining a Low-grade Ore 
April 12, 12:00 – 2:00PM EST
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05210

Better Processes for Patient Recruitment and Retention: Understanding Volunteers and Their Perspectives
April 12 - 13 in Philadelphia, PA
http://www.diahome.org/docs/Events/Events_search_detail.cfm?EventID=05015

Other Meetings of Interest
2005 Clinical Research Educational Conference and Career Fair
May 6 in Chicago, IL
Presented by Northwestern Center for Clinical Research in collaboration with DIA
http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=19021&RegTypeID=38510

Drug Information Association, 800 Enterprise Road, Suite 200, Horsham PA USA 19044.
To opt out of future issues of your DIA Weekly Newsletter, please click through the below:
http://recp.rm05.net/ui/modules/display/optOut.jsp?&m=50785&r=MjY1NTc4ODU4S0&j=MTk3Mzg1NTMS1