Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] [Catalina22] Porta-Bote?

From: "Ken G. Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:06:39 -0700

http://www.porta-bote.com 
http://www.porta-bote.com/sailingpb.html

Anyone tried these or know anything about them?

How well would they stow on a Catalina 22?

Thx for any insight.

   Ken G. Brown, Leduc, ALberta, Canada
   1988 C22 Swing #14764

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: "Wally Riddle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:32:25 -0500

Ken,    A fellow in Nahant has one and uses it to row to and from his 
mooring.  Last year when I saw him rowing in I asked him how he liked it and 
he gave it a clearly qualified and unenthusiastic "ok".  He felt it was 
flimsy but adequate, but he wouldn't buy it again. I don't know what he has 
for a boat or if he stows it or leaves it at his mooring.
Nahant Harbor is an unprotected ocean mooring field.  Last year I 
experienced 3-4' swells at the mooring..
I hope this helps.

Wally Riddle
Nahant, MA

"Oh how sweet the noise of the engine sputtering its last, leaving only the 
music of wind and wave."