Subject: [Catalina22] Turk: Have furler?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:54:22 EST

Turk:
 
Do you have a furling jib?
 
If so, I understand the need for the clip onto the jib clew in that it  
provides a quick way to adjust line on the drum.
 
If you don't, then forget this.
 
Bayard Gross
C-22 #9911
Baby Blue
Greenwich, CT

---

From: turk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:16:34 -0500

Hi Bayard

No, I don't have a furling Jib.

I do have to say that I am just finishing my mooring bridle just as you 
described several months ago.  It is coming out great.  I used 3/4 3 
strand nylon for the connection to the mooring ball - eye splice with 
thimble on one end, eye splice without thimble on other end - 3 feet 
long.  The bridle is 3/8 double braid with two eye splices and ties in 
the middle to the eye splice on the mooring line and is about 3.5 feet 
long (doubled up - both ends).  I added high tech chafing gear to just 
below the bridle eyes to protect the rope from wearing on the rub rail.

It all looks great and should last a very long time.  Thanks for your 
help getting this all together.  I will take some picts and show you my 
new mooring ball hook tower I've installed!

Turk
kitty kitty kitty kitty

> If you don't, then forget this.
Tom T