Subject: [AthofSV] My prior exposure to Mormon beliefs was bizarre

From: "K. A. Brauch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:19:20 -0800

My only previous exposure to LDS occurred while I was the general manager of
a software company where I had a Mormon employee who was a programmer. One
day he began acting weirdly and failed to show up at his assigned job at a
client's and we tried to track him down. Seems he came home the day before
to find the house empty. His wife and kids had packed up and gone back to
SLC to rejoin their relatives and she emptied his bank accounts, took the
furniture and even took some computer equipment which the business had
loaned to him so he could work at home. Naturally we wanted it back so we
pressed him for answers on where they might be, what had gone wrong etc.
Seems his wife was a "true" Mormon who accused him of being possessed of the
devil. She claimed he could levitate lamps and the armchair in the living
room and that Satan was to blame. I had never seen anyone levitate a lamp
except briefly as when it was being thrown at someone's head so I assumed
she was just using allegory to illustrate her point that they had had a
fight. "no" he said. "She claims I am levitating furniture and that proves
I'm possessed and the church agrees with her."  This was the '90s folks.
Witchcraft, levitation, demon possession. I haven't seen that much hocus
pocus since the last episode of charmed. Is that a Mormon program BTW? TRUE
STORY. I think they are all nuts but my daughter may be too innocent to
understand that. 
 
Klaus
 
This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure  or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy, delete and
trash all copies of the original message. Thank you. 
(H)714-969-1481
(C)714-397-8263
Sign the Petition!  Click
<http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/698473747> here.