Subject: [AthofSV] FW: -=[ Last chance to attend the 2005 Summit : new station picks : vote for Live365 in the Webbys ]=-

From: "oldsalvus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:38:01 -0700

Live365 - RadioFree NewsletterWe have all witnessed recent skeptics being
interviewed on radio. It seems their treatment was not very good. Has anyone
thought about starting s Skeptic's or Atheist's radio station? I just got
the following in the email and thought someone might be interested.

Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: Nate Fisher - Live365 Editor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: -=[ Last chance to attend the 2005 Summit : new station picks :
vote for Live365 in the Webbys ]=-

      Artist Reviews, Charts365 and More!

      Live365 - The World's Largest Internet Radio Network

            RadioFree365 Newsletter - April 21, 2005

                    The Evolution of Radio is coming to the Bay Area, and
you're invited!

                    If you're interested in starting your own online radio
station, or you already have one and want to take it to the next level,
don't miss the 2005 Live365 Community Summit and "Best of" Awards.
                    What Radio Evolution: The 2005 Live365 Community Summit
and "Best of" Awards
                    When April 29-May 1
                    Where Burlingame, CA (Just south of SFO) (map)
                    Why: Because Internet radio is gonna kick satellite's
booty!
                    Reduced registration fee: $75 (down from $100)

                    Details and Registration

                    Best,
                    Nate Fisher
                    Live365 Music Editor

            Live365 Community Summit

            Win an iPod Shuffle
            The 2005 Summit is just around the corner! And we reduced the
registration fee to enable more folks to be there. Furthermore, our friends
at GarageBand are giving away an iPod Shuffle to one lucky attendee.

            Summit Registration | Summit Schedule

            Vote for Live365 in the Webby Awards!

            Support the world's best internet radio network (that's us) by
voting for Live365 in the Music category of the Webbys' People's Voice.

            Every vote counts; thanks for your help!

            We're Hiring!

            Wanted: Technical Customer Service Specialist
            Live365 is looking to hire a bright, articulate,
detail-oriented, highly productive Technical Customer Service Specialist at
our Foster City, CA office. More info.

            Win a Nirvana DVD

            Sign up for a Live365 Preferred Membership package between now
and May 31, 2005 and you will be automatically entered to win one of five
DVDs chronicling the making of Nirvana's mega-platinum album Nevermind.

            Philips Streamium

             Philips Streamium products enhance your entertainment
experience by adding PC and Internet content (Pictures, Music, Videos and
Games) to your home entertainment setup. The Streamium family includes
complete systems ( Home Entertainment and Hifi Micro) and Multi-Media Links
that you can add to your existing TV and Stereo system. Everything is WiFi
wireless (use anywhere in your home), is easy to setup and use, and works
with both PCs and MAC computers.

            Featured Stations

             Yo La Tengo Radio (Indie Rock, 64k mp3PRO)

            With eleven extraordinary studio albums spanning their
twenty-year career, Yo La Tengo is one of the most prolific and talented
rock bands ever. Their multi-disc retrospective compilation Prisoners of
Love was released March 22. Hear it all, here.

             Radio David Byrne (Eclectic, 128K)

            A wildly eclectic playlist programmed by musical renaissance man
and former Talking Head, David Byrne. As the man who once donned the
oversized suit notes, "the artists played here are respectful of one another
and gunplay is forbidden."

             SoulsVilleOnline.com (R&B, 64kbps)

            Gone PRO! Featuring old school 60s, 70s, 80s, & 90s, R&B, Funk,
Soul and Motown.

             Vintage Jazz Variety (Jazz, 16k)

            Where else could you find a huge treasure trove of vintage jazz
78s? Proof that the Internet is keeping some fabulous old music alive.

             Radio Vietnam (Classic Rock, 64k mp3PRO)

            Music, news clips and other audio memorabilia, dedicated to
those who fought in the Vietnam War.

             Crypt Theater (Mystery Radio, 32k mp3PRO)

            Crypt Theater plays Mysteries, Horror, Sci-Fi and occasionally
other Old Time Radio shows.

             Off Da Richter Scale97 (Hip-hop, 32k)

            A nice source for underground and mainstream Hip-hop, from the
Pacific Northwest.

             Y100 Rocks! (Alternative, 64kmp3PRO)

            After their modern rock station flipped to another format, the
ex-DJs from Philly's Y100 Rocks put their playlists - the way THEY wanted
them - right here.

             Anuraag (Indian classical, 32k)

            The haunting and mesmorizing beauty of Indian classical music.

             raspect radio (Reggae, 56k)

            Well-produced collection of roots & culture, dancehall & ragga;
remix and dubplate. Asher Selector spins live occasionally too.

                 Live365 Preference Center

            Forget your password?
                      Newsletter Type  HTML
                   Plain Text

            To unsubscribe, click here.
            Live365.com is an officially licensed ASCAP, BMI and SESAC site.
            C 1999-2005 Live365, Inc. All rights reserved.

            Please direct all inquiries to Live365, Inc. 1291 E. Hillsdale
Blvd. Foster City, CA 94404

       Yo La Tengo

            With eleven awesome full-length albums spanning a twenty-year
career, Yo La Tengo is one of the most talented and prolific rock bands
ever.

            Yo La Tengo's multi-disc retrospective compilation Prisoners of
Love was released March 22. Live365 is proud to feature Radio Free Yo La
Tengo. You can also sideload much of their work from the music library for
your own broadcasts.

           Top Live365 Tracks
            Week ending Apr. 18 2005
            TW LW Title, Artist, Album
            1 1 Let Me Love You, Mario, Let Me Love You
            2 2 Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Green Day, American Idiot
            3 3 Caught Up, Usher, Confessions
            4 4 Candy Shop, 50 Cent, The Massacre
            5 5 Disco Inferno, 50 Cent, The Massacre
            6 6 It's Like That, Mariah Carey, Promo Single
            7 7 Drop It Like It's Hot, Snoop Dogg Feat. Pharrell, R&G
(Rhythm & Gangsta)
            8 8 Lonely, Akon, Trouble
            9 10 Mr. Brightside, Killers, Hot Fuss
            10 13 How We Do, Game Feat. 50 Cent, Documentary
            More Charts>
            Charts Powered by RadioWave

           Yohany

            Miami-based singer Yohany, a lovely newcomer of Cuban descent,
is heating up the Pop, Latin, Urban, R&B, and Dance scene with her single
"At the Bar," but Urban Adult radio needs to make a swift and impassioned
detour to the title track of her debut album, "All That I Want."

           Mark Brine

            Doorknob records presents this special edition Mark Brine
release to commemorate the country music legend's induction into the
Traditional Country Music Association's Hall of Fame.

           Earl Carter

            International Smooth Jazz sideman "Earl Carter" has released a
must-buy CD, his official solo project 495.

           Fun, Fame and Fortune

            Managing your own radio station has never been so easy or
affordable. Packages start at $9.95 a month. Start your 7-day free trial
today.

           Gary Paul Bryant

            Gary's new release, Imaginary Piano, a high-energy collection of
jazz motifs in classical dress, is available on the web now and will be in
stores in May of 2005.

           Victoria Acosta

            Victoria Acosta, a 12-year-old seventh-grader from San Antonio,
Texas, will soon shoot the music video for her first single, "The World's
Gone Crazy," a fun, funky and dance-driven pop song that is gaining
momentum.

---

From: "Mark Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 02:22:45 -0700

godless,

We already have http://www.freethoughtradio.com/
The #1 Internet Radio Station for Conservative Atheists and Agnostics, 
Freethinkers,
Skeptics, Liberals, Brights, Humanists, Naturalists, and Religious 
Historians.

- Mark

----Original Message Follows----

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:38:01 -0700

Lou

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Mon-Thu 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - From One Heretic to Another: A Heresy Trial Report
Fri. 5/20, 7:00 - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Sat,Sun 5/21,22 - Movie world premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin
Fri. 5/27, 7:30 - SV premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", at Stanford

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/