Subject: [AthofSV] (Another) AA Media: Silverman also on Scarborough tonight!

From: "cgastbook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:32:08 -0000

(Another) American Atheists Media Alert
Wednesday, March 16, 2005

   SILVERMAN ALSO ON MSNBC'S SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY TONIGHT
     (WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16) TO DISCUSS FAITH, ATLANTA SHOOTINGS...
          When Innocent Are Killed, It's God's Will...
         When One Survives, It's A Holy Miracle and Testament of      
Faith...
           DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?  DAVE SAYS "NO WAY!"

Murder suspect Brian Nichols allegedly went on a rampage in Atlanta 
recently, killing three people, escaping, terrorizing the city ... 
and then encountering 26-year old Ashley Smith.  She purportedly 
spent time talking to Nichols about God, told him to turn himself in 
to authorities and spread the word of the Lord in prison.  She is now 
a faith-based celebrity, and claims that "An angel sent from God" is 
what she remembers being called by Nichols.

Hey, does any of this make any sense?

Dave Silverman, Communications Director for American Atheists will be 
the guest tonight (Wednesday, March 16, 2005) on the popular MSNBC 
program "Scarborough Country" to discuss this and related topics. 
Tune in beginning at 10 PM ET, check local listings.

(Don't forget to catch Dave an hour earlier on the FoxNews 
program "Hannity & Coles" where he's be discussing Easter and 
secularism.  See our earlier Media Alert).

Faith may have played a role in the actions of Ashley Smith.  But 
where was her deity when the shootings were going down? Was "God" as 
absent then as he was during the recent Asian tsunami?  Check out 
what Dave has to say!

WHO: Dave Silverman, Communications Director for American Atheists

WHEN: Tonight, March 16, 2005  approximately 10 PM ET (check local 
listings)

WHERE & WHAT: MSNBC's "Scarborough Country," "Faith in America ... 
faith in Atlanta..."

(AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a nationwide movement that defends civil rights 
for Atheists; works for the total separation of church and state; and 
addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 3/23, 7:30 - Money: Red, Blue or Green?
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/