Subject: CIO Insider: Why You're Not Happy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:37:05 -0500 (EST)

March 10, 2005

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Work-Life Balance: Why You're Not Happy
You're a CIO, a position that implies dedication of an 
almost monomaniacal sort, with late nights and significant 
personal sacrifices. But, Megan Santosus says, it can't 
all be about work and money. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2485&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

  *Reader Viewpoint
  "Funny as I sit here reading my mail at 6:30am, and 
  looking forward to an 11 or 12 hour day. Reading this 
  article I realize just how out of balance my life has 
  become…Thanks for the reminder." This was just one of a 
  many comments on this article. Post your own take on 
  the work-life balance by scrolling to the bottom of the 
  story above.

Also in this issue of the Insider:

1. Enterprise Architecture: A New Blueprint for the Enterprise
2. Wanted: Enterprise Architects
3. Tech Policy Blog: Sarbanes-Oxley Thoughts
4. Executive Coach: Perfect Isn't Good Enough
5. Leading Questions: Lead Your Customers and Follow Their Lead
6. CIO Quick Poll 

-------------------------SPONSOR-------------------------
This issue of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Active Reasoning

The IT Auditor is Ready. Are You?

IT Compliance is rapidly evolving. How can your company meet
existing and future compliance requirements mandated by IT
auditors? Learn how to create a sustainable, cost-effective IT
compliance program by attending our upcoming Web cast or downloading
our White Paper.

To learn more, go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2564&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1
----------------------------------------------------------

1. Enterprise Architecture: A New Blueprint for the Enterprise
Enterprise architecture is not just about mapping and standardizing 
hardware and software anymore. Now it's about services, events 
and--get this--good old ROI.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2402&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

2. Wanted: Enterprise Architects
IT has grown so big that the CIO can't handle it all. To ensure that IT 
is always aligned with the business, you need an enterprise architect.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2404&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

** On the other hand, if you're looking for a position yourself, visit 
CIO Wanted, our online job board, which currently has listings for an 
enterprise architect in New Jersey, an information architect in Houston 
and lots more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1668&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

3. Tech Policy Blog: Sarbanes-Oxley Thoughts
Ben Worthen shares some ideas as the first SEC filings trickle 
in....what are your thoughts?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2565&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

*Bookmark Ben's Tech Policy blog for the latest on U.S. technology policy.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1010&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

4. Executive Coach: Perfect Isn't Good Enough
Even the perfectly agile IT organization won't satisfy the business side. 
You must enable their IT capabilities. Do you disagree with Susan Cramm's 
view of the future of IT? 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2286&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

5. Leading Questions: Lead Your Customers and Follow Their Lead
Executive Editor Edward Prewitt says CIO success requires outstanding 
customer service--and more. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2483&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

6. CIO Quick Poll
We want to know how involved you are in the selection of third-party
product acquisition channels. Take our super quick poll. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=352&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

Check out the entire March 1 issue of CIO Magazine at
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2449&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

Thank you for reading the Insider!  

Jennifer McCarthy
Online Producer
[email-masked]

** Keep CIO Insider Spam-Filter Friendly **
Please add [email-masked] to your OK list of 
senders on your spam filter to prevent CIO Insider from 
getting sent to your junk folder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

************ IT Productivity Domain ************
The IT Productivity Domain provides you with
everything you need to assess, measure and improve
IT productivity: white papers, books, research,
benchmarking tools and much more. Find it at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1064&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
CIO magazine, or you have subscribed electronically to
this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in the CIO Insider,
please contact Michael McPhee at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=8720427&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **