Subject: UUCPA announce: Middle Eastern musicians at this Sunday's services

From: "Pat Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:39:19 -0700

Thought you'd all like to know that a trio of Middle Eastern musicians will
provide the Special Music for the services this Sunday:

Vince Delgado is a master percussionist and composer, a jazz musician,
Middle Eastern musician and has studied classical North Indian music
extensively. Vince has his own group, Jazayer, which performs classical and
traditional Arabic and Turkish music, as well as his own recording company,
Chente Publications, producing compact discs in the Middle Eastern genre.

Coralie Russo-oud plays Middle Eastern Music on the Oud, an 11-stringed
lute; she plays Turkish classical and folk music, as well as urban Egyptian
and folk classics. Currently she performs with Jazayer.

Devi-ja Croll began playing Near Eastern music on the viola and violin when
she was 16, joining her father Vince Delgado and stepmother Mimi Spencer in
the ensemble Jazayer.

--
The announce list is only for announcements about the UUCPA. Discussion
and Q&A of church business should be sent to "[email-masked]".
To remove yourself from announce, send the following message to
"[email-masked]"

unsubscribe announce
end