Subject: [Catalina22] A Plug for Good Maintenance at Lake Lanier

From: "Dana Shields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:43:05 -0500

(I'm not sure if recommending someone to the list violates the list rules, so in advance, my apologies for doing so. It would never be my intent to offend anyone, and I'm DEFINITELY not profiting from doing so.)

However, having said that, I just had a guy, Don Taylor, do some work on our swing keel at Lake Lanier, GA.

He installed the retrofit kit and re-finished the surface. He did a TREMENDOUS job, so if anyone needs someone to do that sort of work, they could call Sunrise Cove Marina on Lake Lanier. I'm sure they will heartily recommend his services as well as well as providing you with his phone number.

He's an honest man and a hard worker. Meticulous, as well. 

Anyway, thought I'd give credit where it's owed. 

-----------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:34:11 -0500

I have had Don do some work for me as well. He is an excellent source on
Lake Lanier.

Ted McGee
Rhapsody in seA - 15370
Rascal - 750
Atlanta, GA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dana Shields
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Catalina22] A Plug for Good Maintenance at Lake Lanier

(I'm not sure if recommending someone to the list violates the list rules,
so in advance, my apologies for doing so. It would never be my intent to
offend anyone, and I'm DEFINITELY not profiting from doing so.)

However, having said that, I just had a guy, Don Taylor, do some work on our
swing keel at Lake Lanier, GA.

He installed the retrofit kit and re-finished the surface. He did a
TREMENDOUS job, so if anyone needs someone to do that sort of work, they
could call Sunrise Cove Marina on Lake Lanier. I'm sure they will heartily
recommend his services as well as well as providing you with his phone
number.

-----------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:56:28 -0600

How can he afford to remain in the boat business?   :-D

Thanks for a breath of fresh air!  Glad you are happy. 

bob

-- 
Bob Keim
S/V The Pursuit, 1976 C22  #6195
Nashville, TN
http://usawaterways.com/svthepursuit.htm

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:02:55 -0600

A fellow looking at a C22 says,

"Where the compression post sits on the keel trunk, the trunk is bulged out like the post has pushed down into the keel trunk - maybe 1/2 inch or so.

Is that a big enough problem for me to be worried about? Especially combined with the patched up hull? I don't have a lot of time(or money) to get into big repairs."

It seems to me the cabin top may have given way along the sides, not directly under the mast, but what do the learned folks on the list say?

bob

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to: www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:06:38 -0600

Where is everyone staying at the Nationals?

922 miles from my house.  I hope diesel goes down between now and then.  
:-)

---

From: "Dick King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:11:49 -0500

Hey, If you find a good source for something, shout it from the roof top. 
Too bad your message came too late to help Chip.  He finally got a decent 
job, but he paid dearly for it.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the refinish cost and how long did 
it take?  I would like to compare it to the going price around here.

Dick King
Melbourne, FL
7976 Jagged Edge
A bad day sailing beats almost anything worth doing.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dana Shields" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:43 PM
Subject: [Catalina22] A Plug for Good Maintenance at Lake Lanier

| (I'm not sure if recommending someone to the list violates the list rules, 
so in advance, my apologies for doing so. It would never be my intent to 
offend anyone, and I'm DEFINITELY not profiting from doing so.)
|
| However, having said that, I just had a guy, Don Taylor, do some work on 
our swing keel at Lake Lanier, GA.
|
| He installed the retrofit kit and re-finished the surface. He did a 
TREMENDOUS job, so if anyone needs someone to do that sort of work, they 
could call Sunrise Cove Marina on Lake Lanier. I'm sure they will heartily 
recommend his services as well as well as providing you with his phone 
number.
|
| He's an honest man and a hard worker. Meticulous, as well.
|
| Anyway, thought I'd give credit where it's owed.
|
| -----------------------------------------
| The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
| personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This 
message
| may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
| privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
| intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
| intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
| document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
| copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
| communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
| the original message.
|
|
|
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
| www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm
|