Subject: [Catalina22] Cleaning up the electrical panel

From: Noel Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:57:17 -0500

Greetings everyone!

I am looking at cleaning up my 12V switch panel (noticed some
corrosion last year ) and need to properly install my VHF radio this
year.

When running wires to and fro how do you fasten them up and  out of
the way?  I tried to stick cheap self adhesive clips to the hull last
fall but they all fall off in no time.  Is there a product out there
or has someone come up with a clever way to sort these wires out?

Thanks.

Veritas #12154
_______________________

Noel Walker

"We will see Him as He is!"
1 Jn 3: 2
_______________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:59:47 -0600

Noel

Epoxy or 5200 those little clips to the hull, that'll end that problem.  
You can use masking tape to hold them, sans wires, while the adhesive 
cures.  Some people use hot glue as a temprary holder.  Some folks stick 
the wire directly to the hull with hot glue if they are in a hurry.  :)

If you leave wire that loops down under the terminal, the moisture 
traveling down the wire will more likely fall off the wire at the loop, 
not on your terminal.  I like to use LPS II or III as a corrosion 
inhibitor.

bob

-- 
Bob Keim
S/V The Pursuit, 1976 C22  #6195
Nashville, TN
http://usawaterways.com/svthepursuit.htm