Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:31:30 -0800 (PST)

Yes it would. He is also using bogus high thrust numbers and several
other errors that come from the fact he is hopelessly stuck in a
Newtonian mind frame (along with his fascist politics).

--- Christopher Healey <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Wouldn't relativistic mass increase negate constant acceleration, and
> asymptotically vanish acceleration toward zero?
> 
> > Dirk Bruere wrote:
> > 
> >
> > You are simply wrong on that one, and others agree with me.
> > Show us the calculations as to how constant enery input producing 
> > constant thrust, hence constant accel does *not* lead to over
> unity.
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> extropy-chat mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat
> 

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:20:15 +0000

>Newtonian mind frame (along with his fascist politics).
Ah... the ad hominem.
I think that signals the close of the discussion.

-- 
Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millenium
http://www.theconsensus.org

---

From: BillK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:36:28 +0000

> I think that signals the close of the discussion.

I thought this subject closed in 2002 when NASA ceased funding this
research after no useful results were obtained.

<http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/bpp/>

NASA supported the Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project from
1996-2002 to seek the ultimate breakthroughs in space transportation:
The Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project is managed by Marc Millis
of the Glenn Research Center (GRC), and was sponsored by the  Advanced
Space Transportation Program (ASTP), managed by NASA Marshall Space
Flight Center, Huntsville, AL.   In the Summer of 2002, both the
Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project and the Revolutionary
Propulsion Research Project, that were part of ASTP's "Revolutionary
Research Investment Area," were removed from the ASTP.
It is not certain if or when funding for such research will resume. 

BillK