Subject: [extropy-chat] we're more of a con to ourselves than Enron

From: Al Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:07 -0800 (PST)

If freedom is so uber-important then why do we waste time hunched in front of a keyboard, tapping words into cyperspace that have no value in the sum total of things? Why do we spend so much time griping about how we don't have enough freedom when the time could be used to actually BE free? So many are waiting for their ship to come in, and when they reach retirement age they are old but "now I've got it made in the shade-- I'm in my Golden Years, with metamucil to push some of the dross out". Or a 60 year old baby boomer lady who dresses in teenage clothes and thinks, "I'm so young and pretty", when she's got jowls hanging off her face. 
So, uh,  maybe we don't hold freedom as dear as we think we do?

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! 

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: "Brian Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:40:42 -0500

One of the sad bits about freedom is that when we have it we are free to 
waste it dressing like teenyboppers or watching brain-wasting tv or typing 
away to cyberspace. That's how you know you are free, when you are free to 
"waste" it.

BAL

>From: Al Brooks <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [extropy-chat] we're more of a con to ourselves than Enron
>Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:07 -0800 (PST)
>
>If freedom is so uber-important then why do we waste time hunched in front 
>of a keyboard, tapping words into cyperspace that have no value in the sum 
>total of things? Why do we spend so much time griping about how we don't 
>have enough freedom when the time could be used to actually BE free? So 
>many are waiting for their ship to come in, and when they reach retirement 
>age they are old but "now I've got it made in the shade-- I'm in my Golden 
>Years, with metamucil to push some of the dross out". Or a 60 year old baby 
>boomer lady who dresses in teenage clothes and thinks, "I'm so young and 
>pretty", when she's got jowls hanging off her face.