Subject: Re: Scott's situation

From: "David R .Ford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:08:13 -0800

Hi David,

Just to bring you up to date.

I phoned Carla Gomez. She was very nice. I asked what he is in jail for. She 
said a felony. He went into a store, freaked out and was hostile to the 
person in the store, and attacked some women who was there. He didn't hurt 
her, but did grab her. Carla said he's very intelligent, but one doctor has 
declared him incompetent. She has another one who will ovulate him within 
two weeks. She will meet with Scott tomorrow. I asked that she give him my 
love. She feels that he shouldn't be in a mental hospital, but that may be 
where he will end up. She didn't seem to know anything about the money he 
said he has coming. Apparently, he was hostile to her, and used foul 
language. That's about it. I asked her to please call me, or email me as to 
what happens to Scott. She asked me to phone back and leave my email address 
on her machine, which I did.

Again, thanks for your help.

00
Dave
============================================================================
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
To: "David R .Ford" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 1:47 PM
Subject: Scott's situation

> Hi Dave!
>
> Good to hear from you, though the circumstances aren't the best.
>
> My undestanding is that Scott is charged with attempted robbery, though I 
> know nothing of the details.  I have given detailed histories of his 
> mental illness and treatments over the years to both the public defender 
> (Carla Gomez at 415-310-0574) and a psychiatrist she hired (Dr. Levy at 
> 415-861-1439 or 564-1656 home).
>
> As for Scott's offer, I don't believe that the Social Security system 
> holds money for people.  I'm guessing he was in jail or something and 
> thinks that they pay normally during those times.  If he calls again, ask 
> him for the name of someone who could verify his offer.  I don't want to 
> spend time on something that doesn't have much chance of paying off.
>
> I have a job that I have to go to now, creating a Web site 
> (http://darwinday.org), so I won't attempt an update on my life now.
>
> Best wishes to you,
>
>   - David
>
> -- 
>  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
>  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
>  Active account:  [email-masked]
>  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
>  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
>  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
>                                 Medintrans
>                                 455 Margarita Ave.
>                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827
>

---

From: "David R .Ford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:20:27 -0800

Dear David,

Many thanks for the information on Scott. The CHARLES ROBERT DARWIN website 
is most interesting.

I wish you the very best of luck with your work, and may this new year bring 
you good health, and happiness.

Any time that you are this way, there is a guest room, and you are always 
welcome. You have been a wonderful support for the Bogart family, and I'm 
sure others as well.

I did also call Noori. However, she does not care to deal with Scott in any 
way.

I will follow up with the numbers you included. Hopefully, Scott does have 
some money. Sorry to hear that he was apparently charged with attempted 
robbery. He sounded coherent on the phone, and amazingly remembered that a 
year ago I sent his a small check for Christmas. I do see his illness. Such 
a shame.

All my best of luck to you, David.

Warmest aloha,
Dave
===========================================================================
David R. Ford, author of the nationally fast selling- Marijuana: Not Guilty 
As Charged. Also, Good Medicine, Great Sex! This one is rocking the country! 
Free previews, and chapters, that include a death-defying dive, promotional 
coups, and erotic adventures. 15% discount, and no sales tax! Visit 
www.DavidRFord.com/ David R. Ford's books read like fun novels, and enable 
you to debate anyone on the medical, and relaxing use of cannabis. GREAT 
GIFTS!
============================================================================