Subject: [extropy-chat] Update on a terrorist cult

From: Keith Henson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:42:44 -0500

As a lot of you know, I am a refugee because of a certain cult in the US.

Generally they manage to threaten editors enough to prevent stories about 
them from being published, major exceptions being Time's story "The cult of 
greed and power" back in 1991, and a few good series in newspapers, the 
most recent in California being Nanette Asimov's (niece of Isaac) story 
exposing Scientology/Narconon last year in the SF Chronicle.  That got 
their bogus anti drug program tossed out the California schools.

Another one hit this week in Buffalo NY.  Mark Sommers, the reporter who 
did it, spent over a year working on the story.

These URLs won't be up long.

Enjoy!

Keith Henson

Day 1
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050130/1056567.asp
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050130/1055254.asp
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050130/1056545.asp

Day 2
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050131/1060672.asp
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050131/1067682.asp

Day 3
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050201/1064780.asp
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050201/1051251.asp

Day 4
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050202/1064176.asp
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050202/1008269.asp

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat