Subject: CIO Leader: Why leadership development helps everyone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:26:19 -0500 (EST)

CIO Leader:
Updates, Insights and Advice from CIO.com and CIO magazine
March 15, 2005

Executive Coach: Leadership Development for Everyone
One-on-one coaching is the best way to develop employees, 
yet few executives do it, says Susan Cramm. Read her latest 
column, send your questions, and she'll answer them online.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2582&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

Also in this edition:
1. Leading Questions...Service Isn't the Solution
2. Difficult Decisions...Ask the Ethicist
3. On the Move.........The Many IT Careers That GE Built
4. Architecture........A New Blueprint for the Enterprise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This section of the CIO Leader is sponsored by APC

On-Demand Webcast Topic

Power and Cooling Requirements of High-Density Blade Server
Environments

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2583&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Leading Questions: Service Isn't the Solution
CIO success takes outstanding customer service--but much 
more than that. You have to lead your customers at the same 
time that you're following their lead.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2483&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

2. Difficult Decisions: Ask the Ethicist
As keepers of the systems that ensure compliance, CIOs 
increasingly face moral challenges. Ethics expert Larry 
Ponemon answers real-life questions on how to resolve these 
dilemmas.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2448&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

** Ask the Source: Want to know what Ponemon would say about 
ethical gray areas in your work life? Just ask. Post your 
question by Tuesday, March 15, at:
http://www2.cio.com/ask/source/index.cfm

3. On the Move: The Many IT Careers That GE Built
GE is among a handful of companies known as CIO incubators.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2584&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This section of the CIO Leader is sponsored by Intel

Introducing the CIO Partner Domain for I.T. Productivity

Featured White Papers on: "Capturing Value," "Managing IT
Investments," "Reducing TCO" and much more.

Keep your enterprise running efficiently and competitively. 
Visit the IT Productivity Zone.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=948&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. Architecture: A New Blueprint for the Enterprise
Enterprise architecture is not just about mapping and 
standardizing hardware and software anymore. Now it's about 
services, events and--get this--good old ROI.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2402&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

**Wanted: Enterprise Architects
IT has grown so big that the CIO can't handle it all. To 
ensure that IT is always aligned with the business, you need 
an enterprise architect.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2404&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

For more articles and information, visit our Leadership 
and Management Research Center.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2325&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

Send contributions and comments on this newsletter to 
[email-masked].

Edward Prewitt
Executive Editor
Leadership and Management Editor
CIO Magazine

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Apply Now! CIO magazine is accepting applications online
for our 14th Annual CIO Enterprise Value Awards. If your
company has developed an innovative IT system that has
created real value for your business, we'd like to hear
from you. The deadline for applying is April 15, 2005.

For details about this year's competition and past winners,
or to get an application, visit:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1415&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Leader because
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Michael McPhee at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=9015423&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208,
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **