Subject: CIO Insider: Ethics, Shmethics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:03:05 -0500 (EST)

March 15, 2005

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Ethics, Shmethics
Be honest. Would you look your employees in the eye and 
tell them something that wasn't quite true if it would 
dramatically increase the chance that your key IT 
implementation would be finished on time and on budget? 
Michael Schrage would. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2602&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:

1. Governance: How Governance Worked in One High-Stakes Acquisition 
2. Koch's IT Strategy: Why IT Governance Is Essential
3. More Governance: Share Power to Gain Control
4. Essential Technology: Web Services for Sale
5. CIO Wanted: The Latest Job Postings 

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Fujitsu

Do you comply? Sarbanes-Oxley and Basel II are just a few
of the compliance mandates impacting enterprises today.
What steps is your company taking to ensure compliance?

Hear from an expert from the META Group, John Van Decker,
on how to build your own compliance framework and utilize
your existing IT infrastructure. To view our webcast, "Do
You Comply?  Building Your Compliance Framework and Protecting
Your Business", click here:

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2610&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Governance: How Governance Worked in One High-Stakes Acquisition 
When State Street acquired a Deutsche Bank company, it had to decide 
whether to keep or retire more than 900 inherited applications. The 
guiding force that helped it do that was governance. Read "A Higher Power."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2604&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

2. Koch's IT Strategy: Why IT Governance Is Essential
In his latest blog entry, "Chicken and Egg," Chis Koch says all the 
excitement about enterprise architecture will go to waste if good IT 
governance isn't in place first.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2605&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

**If you missed Chris Koch's feature on enterprise architecture, "A 
New Blueprint for the Enterprise," in the March 1 issue of CIO Magazine, 
read it here...
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2402&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

3. More Governance: Share Power to Gain Control
Columnist Susan Cramm tells you why CIOs should cede the what of IT to 
business executives and focus instead on the how.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2387&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Intel

Introducing the CIO Partner Domain for I.T. Productivity

Featured White Papers on: "Capturing Value," "Managing IT
Investments," "Reducing TCO" and much more.

Keep your enterprise running efficiently and competitively. 
Visit the IT Productivity Zone.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=948&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

4. Essential Technology: Web Services for Sale
Eric Knorr, executive editor at large for InfoWorld, believes IT may 
finally get its chance to sell Web services.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2606&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

5. CIO Wanted: The Latest Job Postings
Visit our online job board for exclusive listings of senior-level IT 
opportunities.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1668&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

The March 15 issue of CIO Magazine has just been posted -- check it out at
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2607&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

Thank you for reading the Insider!  

Jennifer McCarthy
Online Producer
[email-masked]

** Keep CIO Insider Spam-Filter Friendly **
Please add [email-masked] to your OK list of 
senders on your spam filter to prevent CIO Insider from 
getting sent to your junk folder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Apply Now! CIO magazine is accepting applications online
for our 14th Annual CIO Enterprise Value Awards. If your
company has developed an innovative IT system that has
created real value for your business, we'd like to hear
from you. The deadline for applying is April 15, 2005.

For details about this year's competition and past winners,
or to get an application, visit:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1415&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
CIO magazine, or you have subscribed electronically to
this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in the CIO Insider,
please contact Michael McPhee at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=9063760&s=4&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **