Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] history lessons

From: "spike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:57:03 -0800

> 
> ... if a lot more of the
> rank and file - including engineers - wound up being
> dotcom millionaires, instead of seeing their fortunes
> slip away before they could cash out...

Ja, that would be good, but I wouldn't count on it.  I have 
discovered three universal laws of Silicon Valley startups:

1.  If one person is positioned to legally end up with 
all the money, that person will end up with all of the money.

2.  If any small group of initial investors can legally end up
with all the money to the exclusion of the rank and file
techies, that small group will end up with all the money.

3.  If no single person or small group is positioned to
legally end up with all the money, then that single person
or small group will end up with all the money anyway.

spike

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat