Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Posthumanity Rising

From: Al Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:49:31 -0800 (PST)

If you are Republican then it goes without saying you have no soul.
 Ronald=  6
 Wilson=  6
 Reagan= 6

>May the God who does not exist have mercy on my soul... which also 
>happens not to exist.
>Joseph

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:11:56 -0800 (PST)

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/kerry_tied_to_666.htm

--- Al Brooks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> http://mail.yahoo.com >
> http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Al Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:43:38 -0800 (PST)

Well it takes one to know one, a Republican would easily recognise evil, being intimately familiar with it.
I nominate Nixon as the most evil person ever. The Germans recovered from Hitler after a decade or so and are doing very well now. Yet America still hasn't recovered from Nixon.

>Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]> wrote:
>http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%>20Witchcraft/kerry_tied_to_666.htm

---

From: Al Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:46:37 -0800 (PST)

Oh but Jesus doesn't want it that way. "The poor we shall always have with us", you know.

I have often thought that the best 
chance for there ever to be posthumans is to create enough effective 
abundance with guaranteed availability to all that no one can 
reasonably worry about being able to survive and live welil. Once that 
level of visceral fear is dealt with then I doubt the opposition could 
get a lot of traction for hatred toward those that had decided to avail 
themselves of opportunities for more. Posthumans may well be what 
makes such universal and growing abundance even possible.
The moral arguments can be strong in our favor. How can we be moral 
and allow everyone to suffer, often horribly, and die now that we can 
or fast will be able to do something about it? How can it be moral to 
be happy with just human capabilities to learn, to make a difference, 
and generally "to have life and have it more abundantly"?