Subject: Microsoft Security Update

From: "Microsoft" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:49:46 -0800

MICROSOFT SECURITY UPDATE ALERT

February 8, 2005

SECURITY UPDATE INFORMATION
   Microsoft has released several security updates that address newly
discovered issues in Microsoft software.  Information about these
updates and which software is affected is available on the
Microsoft.com Security Web site:
   http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkID=2049904

______________________________________________________________________
_

HOW TO VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF A MICROSOFT SECURITY E-MAIL MESSAGE
   Before you take any advice on downloading software or updating
your
computer, make sure you can trust the source.  Learn the warning
signs
for spotting a fraudulent security bulletin, as well as how to check
the security certificate for any Web site:
https://www.microsoft.com/verifymail/

______________________________________________________________________
_

ABOUT THE MICROSOFT SECURITY UPDATE
   The Microsoft Security Update is an e-mail alert service designed
for home users and small businesses that provides information about
Microsoft security updates and virus alerts.  Microsoft also uses
this
service to make subscribers aware that they might need to take action
to guard against a circulating security threat.

   You have received this update because you are a subscriber.  If
you
would like to unsubscribe, follow the instructions at the bottom 
of this page.
______________________________________________________________________
_

To cancel your subscription to this newsletter, reply to this message with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the Subject line. You can also unsubscribe at the Microsoft.com web site <http://www.microsoft.com/misc/unsubscribe.htm>. You can manage all your Microsoft.com communication preferences at this site.

Legal Information <http://www.microsoft.com/info/legalinfo/default.mspx>.

This newsletter was sent by the Microsoft Corporation
1 Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington, USA
98052