Subject: Re: [Catalina22] (no subject)

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:16:13 -0500

Bill,

I'm not afraid to admit it I'll use any excuse to get on the water!

Yes, it is a twin 454 powered 47' Bluewater Coastal Cruiser.  It gulps fuel in 360 gallon increments.  Most of my large powerboat friends think I'm crazy to go out in 20 mph winds.  They consider the wind their enemy, and we know better.  But... I got a jet ski, a bass boat and a big boat, too.  My big boat was built in 1921, is a sternwheeler with nearly 1,000 sq ft of interior space.  I'm hoping to find a steel houseboat hull for next to nothing I can use to build into a barge.  Then I'll put a big davit on it to hall the C22 around!  Now that would be the way to travel to the Kentucky Lake 100K races!  :-D

Here's a picture of 3 of my boats...   http://usawaterways.com/poliwog/lintonlight.jpg

bob

--
Bob Keim
S/V The Pursuit, 1976 C22 #6195
Nashville, TN
http://usawaterways.com/svthepursuit.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to: www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:26:27 -0500

Bill

That's an early model LCD radar display.  :-)

That boat has some pretty nice amenities... bath tub, 3 air 
conditioners, stereo with Kareokee capabiliies, Boston Whaler dinghy, 
microwave, radar, Loran, two radios, two bedrooms, leather furniture, 
refrigerator with ice maker, 6.5KW genset.  Thankfully my partner buys 
the fuel, and I just drive and maintain it. We take 20-25 people 
downtown for the fireworks each year on that boat.  Nice party, but very 
stressful for the Captain!  :-D

bob

> lol, why is there a floppy in front of you?
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on unsubscribing or contacting the list owner, go to:
www.chipford.com/list_instructs.htm

---

From: Bill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:09:03 -0400

Yep I thought so.  It's ok though and understand ... as I grew up with 
power boats.  Family had a 32' sea skiff and then moved to a 33' Egg 
Harbor sport fish.  I loved that Egg Harbor.  Great boat till it came to 
the gas docks ..lol.  That was when I lived up in Michigan.  I just 
don't do cold weather anymore.  Guess I have been in Florida too long.

Would love to have that stern wheeler down at my property in Belize! ...

The cat 22' is a great little get away boat.  Since i live in the 
Daytona Beach area of FL there really are no places within easy motoring 
range for a big power boat.  So I opt for a nice relaxing sail and just 
enjoy the water.

Nice toys you have there. 

Take care--Bill

[email-masked] wrote:

> Yes, it is a twin 454 powered 47' Bluewater Coastal Cruiser.  It gulps 
> fuel in 360 gallon increments.  Most of my large powerboat friends 
> think I'm crazy to go out in 20 mph winds.  They consider the wind 
> their enemy, and we know better.  But... I got a jet ski, a bass boat 
> and a big boat, too.  My big boat was built in 1921, is a sternwheeler 
> with nearly 1,000 sq ft of interior space.  I'm hoping to find a steel 
> houseboat hull for next to nothing I can use to build into a barge.  
> Then I'll put a big davit on it to hall the C22 around!  Now that 
> would be the way to travel to the Kentucky Lake 100K races!  :-D
>
>
> Here's a picture of 3 of my boats...   
> http://usawaterways.com/poliwog/lintonlight.jpg
>
> bob
>
>
>
>-- 
>Bob Keim