Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brent Neal <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  (4/25/05 7:33) Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >Yes. Political forces want high oil prices for several reasons. One
> is
> >to get America off of its consumption economy, to depopulate the
> rural
> >area further and congregate in cities so as to be easier to control,
> >another is to trigger a recession in preparation for a Chinese
> dollar
> >bomb attack prior to their retaking Taiwan (and assisted by JP
> Morgan).
> >Luddite goals which extropians should not let themselves get sucked
> >into. 
> 
> 
> I recommend that you stop reading Tom Clancy novels. I think your
> view of reality is warping just a bit.
> 
> What is it about conspiracy theories that make them so attractive to
> people?

If I were basing my statements on the claims of bunker-bound wing-nuts,
I'd agree with you. I am not, they are based on documents issued by the
UN itself, by the World Wildlife Federation, by the World Biosphere
offices, and by the World Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank, among
other groups who are deeply involved in making this happen, including
the World Federalist Society, which has a number of chapters around the
country and was specifically organized to build grassroots support for
UN global governance.

I have, for example, in the past, shown Patri Friedman documents issued
by the World Wildlife Federation showing that the UN is planning on
giving NGOs like WWF, the Nature Conservancy, Greenpeace, etc actual
sovereignty over wildlife areas, starting with seamounts in
international waters outside any nations' EEZ and moving on from there.
This starting point is interesting because it directly threatens
Patri's Seastead Project and the potential of high seas independent
living for libertarians.

I have found documents from the UN detailing how the calculated
economic value of seamount ecologies will be turned into assets of the
World Bank to finance these NGOs developing their own sovereign
facilities on the high seas.

The World Heritage and Biosphere programs are also being used for
similar purposes. The UN publicly claims that this is merely a means of
touristy designations, but this is absolutely false. The US park and
forest system was similarly NOT developed for tourism, it was built to
collateralize US government debt. Tourism is a side-effect and cover.

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Brent Neal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:48:07 -0400

>Patri's Seastead Project and the potential of high seas independent

I find this to be uncompelling and smacking of wingnuttitude, since the Nature Conservancy is a private organization, not a UN NGO like the WHO.

B
-- 
Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein

---

From: Rik van Riel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> UN itself, by the World Wildlife Federation, ...

Are any of those documents available online?
I'd like to read them for myself...

Color me sceptical, but granting WWF sovereignty
over parts of the world sounds unlikely, while
giving Greenpeace sovereignty sounds plain
irresponsible ;)

-- 
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: "spike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:48:26 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:extropy-chat-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rik van Riel
...
> giving Greenpeace sovereignty sounds plain

Ja, the World Wrestling Federation sounds like harmless fun,
but how many of the world's navies Greenpeace pissed off?  Do
let us hope they do not become a sovereign power, for there
may be many eager for reprisal.

spike