Subject: [extropy-chat] Re: New Hampshire

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:32:07 -0800 (PST)

--- Brett Paatsch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
> 
> > http://www.nhadvantage.com/startup_main.htm
> > 
> > Those entrepreneurs with business plans who are interested in
> migrating
> > with the Free State Project are encouraged to submit their plans to
> > this contest before March 31st. It is conducted by former Governor
> > Craig Benson.
> > 
> > First prize gets $130k, with subcategories for bioscience plans.
> The
> > real motivation of this contest is that Craig is looking for a new
> > venture to invest in and help run.
> 
> What are your gambling laws like in NH? Could you legally set up
> a real money version of idea futures there? Could you legally bet on
> it from there?
> 
> I suspect the answer is no. But how much freer than other states is
> NH on that criterion of freedom? Is this an issue you have explored?
> 

Futures contracts are securities:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-11.htm
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-12.htm
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-13.htm
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-14.htm
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-15.htm
Exemptions:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxviii/421-b/421-B-17.htm

Otherwise:
Gambling and Amusements:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/indexes/xxiv.html

Bill to charter the White Mountain Casino:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2005/HB0685.html

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-c/287-c-3.htm

Games of chance:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-d/
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-d/287-d-1.htm
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-d/287-d-2-b.htm

gambling offenses:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/647/647-2.htm
"V. This section shall not apply to: 
[Paragraph V(a) effective January 1, 2005; see also paragraph V(a) set
out above.] 
       (a) Dispenser devices approved by the pari-mutuel commission
which are located at the regular meeting place of, or at a facility
owned, leased, or utilized by, a charitable organization licensed under
RSA 287-E:20. 
       (b) A family entertainment center having redemption slot
machines or redemption poker machines. [can have up to 15% slots or
poker machines - MSL]
       (c) Cruise ships which are equipped with gambling machines whose
primary purpose is touring. Any such cruise ship shall be allowed to
temporarily enter New Hampshire coastal waters and ports for up to 48
hours, provided that all gambling machines on board are not in use or
capable of being used while in New Hampshire coastal waters and ports.
For the purposes of this paragraph "cruise ship" means any vessel which
is capable of providing overnight accommodations for 500 or more
people. 

Bingo and Lucky 7:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-e/287-e-5.htm

Gambling Contracts:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxi/338/338-4.htm

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat