Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

From: Alfio Puglisi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:09:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Matus wrote:

>I say again, has any resource, ever, reached a peak and then declined in
>supply while demand continued?  Absent, of course, government
>regulation.  A lot of things *can* happen *in principle*.  I still
>haven't seen one example?  Did we run out of steel?  Did we run out of
>tungsten?  Did we run out of coal?  Have we run out of wood?  Uranium?
>Anything?  Ever?

Wood in the Easter island?

Alfio

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: "Brian Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:22:20 -0400

Wood in Easter Island is a good example of this happening in an isolated 
environment. But in a global environment the Easter Island problem does not 
exist.

I should also point out that my wine rack frequenly runs out of 1990 Latour 
but I can compensate by trading to replinish my stock.

BAL

>From: Alfio Puglisi <[email-masked]>
>To: ExI chat list <[email-masked]>
>Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil
>Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:09:01 +0200 (MEST)
>