Subject: UUCPA announce: Music and Spirit, Sunday May 8th: Holly Near at GA and The Three Pickers

From: "Kathy Lewis Parmentier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:45:19 -0700

Music and Spirit

 

Sunday, May 8, 2005, 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM, Fireside Room

Cost: Children 10 to Adult: $5.  Children 5-10: $2.50, Children under 5
Free.

Come join us for a simple dinner (soup, salad, bread and dessert.) followed
by a music video/DVD. 

Facilitators: Janet Buelow and Kathy Parmentier

Holly Near at GA and The Three Pickers

 

 

Holly Near performed at the UU General Assembly in the summer of 2004. This
is the recording of that concert. Holly Near is a unique combination of
entertainer, teacher and activist. She was born to parents from North Dakota
and New York who were political activists, ranchers, and supporters of
culture in the rural community of Ukiah, California. Holly moves comfortably
in this blend of west coast sensibility and east coast sophistication. An
immense vocal talent, Near's career as a singer has been profoundly defined
by an unwillingness to separate her passion for music from her passion for
human dignity. Holly Near is an ambassador for peace inviting the audience
to its best self. She is a skilled performer who brings to the stage an
integration of world consciousness, spiritual discovery, and theatricality.

The Three Pickers: For one historic evening, American music legends Earl
Scruggs, Doc Watson and Ricky Skaggs joined forces as The Three Pickers, to
film a concert for Public Television. The music they made before a North
Carolina audience is as relaxed as a front porch picking session, informed
by the skill and good humor of three master musicians who contributed so
much to the creation and evolution of bluegrass music. With special guest
Alison Krauss. 

Kathryn Lewis Parmentier 
465 Pin Oak Drive 
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 
Home: 408-735-8373 
Mobile: 408-313-3682 
FAX: 408-735-7866 
We cannot do great things, only small things with great love.  -- Mother
Teresa 

 

Kathryn Lewis Parmentier 
465 Pin Oak Drive 
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 
Home: 408-735-8373 
Mobile: 408-313-3682 
FAX: 408-735-7866 
We cannot do great things, only small things with great love.  -- Mother
Teresa