Subject: [AthofSV] GAMPAC: Johnson meets with Feinstein, discusses key issues

From: "cgastbook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:17:49 -0000

GODLESS AMERICAN POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
http://www.gampac.org
"Mobilizing America's n
Nonbelievers for Political Activism"
 
What's new at the GAMPAC web site...
 
   JOHNSON, NUHN REPRESENT GAMPAC AT DC GATHERING FOR FEINSTEIN
 
Peter Nuhn, GAMPAC Legislative Affairs Director and Ellen Johnson, 
GAMPAC Executive Director participated in an exclusive private 
luncheon and fundraiser with California Sen. Diane Feinstein on 
Wednesday.
 
The Senator is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee that has 
jurisdiction over most legislation pertinent to Constitutional 
Establishment Clause issues, such as S. 520, the Brownback bill to 
eliminate the jurisdiction of the courts in religion-related matters.
 
Ms. Johnson discussed the GAMPAC agenda with Sen. Feinstein, 
including the nomination of federal judges and the religious right 
effort to "gut" an independent judiciary.
 
                                        ALSO AT GAMPAC...
 
*  Get the latest updates on key legislation including HR 270 and S 
520, "court stripping" measures to limit review of laws allowing 
greater government endorsement of sectarian religion.  Check out the 
TAKE ACTION section, which gives you the latest on-line tools to have 
your voice count on Capitol Hill!
 
*  The Godless Americans Political Action Committee needs your 
financial support for backing candidates for public office!  GAMPAC 
also encourages Atheists, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists and other 
nonbelievers to run for public office.
 
*  Join the GAMPAC alert list to receive updates on legislative 
issues and PAC activities!
 
                     http://www.gampac.org
 
(The Godless Americans Political Action Committee is a nationwide 
initiative to elect Atheists to public office).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Mon-Thu 5/2-5/5 - Christian 'Truth' Forums at Stanford
Thu. 5/5, 11:15 - PROTEST of the National Day of Prayer, at SJ City Hall
Wed. 5/11, 7:30 - From One Heretic to Another: A Heresy Trial Report
Fri. 5/20, 7:00 - Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, in SF
Wed. 5/25, 7:30 - Women's Voice From the East: speech on Taslima Nasrin
Fri. 5/20, 7:30 - Movie premier: "The God Who Wasn't There", at Stanford

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/