Subject: CIO Enterprise: Storing, Sharing and Seeing Through Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:32:34 -0500 (EST)

March 9, 2005

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
Covering ERP, CRM, KM and Security 
In the pages of CIO Magazine and CIO.com

1. In the Know: The Fog of Data
2. Health Care IT: Sharing Data, Saving Lives
3. Storage: Three Views to a Secret
4. Events: Info Intelligence and Making Knowledge Work 
5. Ask the Expert: Enterprise Security 

------------------------SPONSOR-------------------------
This issue of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Netezza

Tera-Scale Data Warehouse Appliances Overcome the Technology
Bottleneck

Data warehouse appliances, combining server + storage + database
in one easy to deploy, manage and use system, are designed to
handle these analyses. This paper discusses how data warehouse
appliances provide a fundamentally new way of enabling companies
to leverage the important trends and information contained within
all this data.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2531&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
1. In the Know: The Fog of Data
KM Editor Megan Santosus finds a growing crop of companies 
addressing the challenge of finding trends and tendencies 
within a mind-boggling expanse of collected data.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2527&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

2. Health Care IT: Sharing Data, Saving Lives
Sharing medical data among doctors and hospitals in a 
particular region can save lives and money. But conflicting 
standards, financial support and privacy concerns are 
major hurdles. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2444&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

3. Storage: Three Views to a Secret
A CIO, an analyst and a tech provider talk shop about storage. 
Find out what's going on in storage management, and how 
storage technologies are meeting business demands. (From our 
cousin publication CIO Asia.)
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2528&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

4. Events: Info Intelligence and Making Knowledge Work 
Check out some upcoming conferences…
>> Information Intelligence Summit 2005, April 19 - 20, 
in Phoenix, Ariz. A case-based conference focused on next 
generation search, knowledge and content management.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2529&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

>>Making Knowledge Work, May 17 - 18, in Hammersmith, 
London UK. A blend of short presentations/discussions, 
workshops and knowledge cafes built around the central 
question: How do we make knowledge work - what do we 
need to do to be more creative, innovative and 
effective in the knowledge economy?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2530&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1
       
**See all IT events listed on CIO.com at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=301&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

SECURITY
5. Ask the Expert: Enterprise Security 
Wondering about the benefits of whitelisting over 
blacklisting? Curious about the threat of mobile and USB 
devices to the enterprise? Pose your questions (through 
March 31) to Dennis Szerszen, vice president of product 
development for SecureWave. Answers online by April 7.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=261&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

** Need more security reading? Visit our sister publication 
CSOonline.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1416&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

Thank you for reading CIO Enterprise. I'd love to hear 
your feedback.

Sandy Kendall
Web Editor 
[email-masked]

Add CIO Enterprise Newsletter's sending address to your 
spam filter so you don't miss a copy.
[email-masked]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

************ IT Productivity Domain ************
The IT Productivity Domain provides you with
everything you need to assess, measure and improve
IT productivity: white papers, books, research,
benchmarking tools and much more. Find it at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1064&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Enterprise because
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Michael McPhee at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=8558682&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **