Subject: [TASC UN-Lunch:] Nothing until a week from Tuesday

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:47:18 EST

We realize there would normally be a TASC talk next Tuesday.
Unfortunately, we had a scheduling SNAFU, so there is no
TASC talk until Feb.  8th. The talk then will be:

LUNCH AT THE GOLDEN WOK
895 VILLA STREET (CORNER OF BRYANT)
MOUNTAIN VIEW
ALTERNATE TUESDAYS AT 11:45 AM

Sally Madsen                                                                 
                                    February 8

Empowering Lives in the Developing World Through Innovative Products

IGNITE Innovations, a 'spin-off' from Stanford University backed by some of 
the
leading investors, entrepreneurs and thought leaders from Silicon Valley, has
as its mission to empower lives in the developing world through innovative
products. Their first product, being marketed in India, is a solar powered 
lantern
using the latest Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology.

IGNITE Innovations' vision is to move beyond the drip-feed of charitable
donations and engage the power of the private sector to unlock social and
economic value in the developing world, using technology and business to
create sustainable social change.

Sally Madsen, a member of the IGNITE leadership team, earned Bachelors
and Masters degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University,
concentrating in mechanical and electromechanical design, and in design for
developing countries. She will describe the origins of the organization, the
challenges of developing and marketing the first product and plans for new
products and new markets.

The notes from our last talk are at:

http://tian.greens.org/TASC/SpaceElevator.html