Subject: [extropy-chat] TECH: High tech era officially over, please turn out the lights.

From: Mike Lorrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:32:29 -0800 (PST)

Comdex takes a dirt nap: Comdex, the high-tech trade show that once
commanded the attendance of the titans of the industry and at its
height filled Las Vegas to bursting with buffet-grazing geeks and booth
babes has been canceled. Again. In a statement, Comdex owner Good
Morning Silicon Valley reports: "MediaLive International, which had
promised to bring the event back in 2005 after canceling it for the
first time in 25 years, said it needs more time "to determine how
Comdex can best meet the future needs of the industry." "Through our
continued discourse across the community of IT buyers, vendors and
other stakeholders, we've made significant progress," the San
Francisco-based company said. "However, considerable work remains to
build an industry event to serve the industry as it matures with the
same success that Comdex did in its infancy." I'll say. But the real
question for MediaLive is this: Is the event worth bringing back in
2006? Does anyone even care? Somehow, I don't think so. "Comdex 2004
was cancelled?" joked Silicon Valley marketing guru Regis McKenna in a
recent conversation with GMSV. "I didn't notice." "

Mike Lorrey
Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806) 
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat

---

From: Dirk Bruere <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:58:32 +0100

>recent conversation with GMSV. "I didn't notice." "
The high tech era is not over - it's merely moved to Asia.

-- 
Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millenium
http://www.theconsensus.org

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.6 - Release Date: 30/03/2005