Subject: CIO Insider: Are You the Problem?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:59:41 -0500 (EST)

March 24, 2005

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Leader, Fix Yourself
Patricia Wallington says if your staff isn't doing the work 
you expect of them, you may be the one who needs to improve 
your performance.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2863&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

**Reader Comment
"I was taught as a military officer the following 3 axioms:
>>Lead by example.
>>Lead from the front.
>>Take Care of your people and they will take care of you." 
Read the rest of this comment and post your own by 
scrolling to the bottom of the article.

Also in this issue of the Insider:

1. Tech Policy: Thinking about Software Patents
2. Higher Learning: Browser Wars
3. News and Trendlines: Tsunami Relief Via Laptop
4. Infrastructure: CIO Quick Poll
5. Awards: CIO Enterprise Value Awards 

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This issue of the CIO Insider is sponsored
by Compuware-CARS

A Compuware-commissioned study conducted by Forrester
Consulting surveyed 300 IT decision-makers about application
quality assurance. Results showed few organizations have seen
significant improvement in overall software quality despite
significant investments. What are those few doing differently?
Download "Today's Quality Assurance Practices: How Can We
Continue to Improve?" to find out.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2868&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Tech Policy: Thinking about Software Patents
In his latest Tech Policy blog, Ben Worthen opens up a can of 
worms--about software patents. He wants to provoke readers' gut 
reactions. Tell him what yours is.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2865&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

2. Higher Learning: Browser Wars
The browser wars are heating up again. Will Firefox burn Explorer?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2866&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

3. News and Trendlines: Tsunami Relief Via Laptop
Within two hours of the Dec. 26 tsunami, Sanjana Hattotuwa set up an 
information-sharing network that would become vital to the Sri Lankan 
government and relief workers alike. And he did it from his laptop at 
home, using a tenuous dial-up connection. 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2867&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

**If you missed it, you can still read Sanjana's Feb. 28 Weigh In 
column about technology's role in disaster in "Technology in the Wake 
of a Tragedy."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2442&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

4. Infrastructure: CIO Quick Poll
How important is your network infrastructure to your company's 
business success? Vote now.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=352&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

5. Awards: CIO Enterprise Value Awards
Apply Now! CIO magazine is accepting applications online for our 14th 
Annual CIO Enterprise Value Awards. If your company has developed an 
innovative IT system that has created real value for your business, we'd 
like to hear from you. The deadline for applying is April 15, 2005.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2688&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

The March 15 issue of CIO Magazine is online -- check it out at
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2607&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

Thanks for reading the Insider. Let me know what you think.  

Jennifer McCarthy
Online Producer
[email-masked]

** Keep CIO Insider Spam-Filter Friendly **
Please add [email-masked] to your OK list of 
senders on your spam filter to prevent CIO Insider from 
getting sent to your junk folder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

For a limited time, our special CIO Focus guide -- Applied
Wireless: Making Wireless Work in Business (a $395 value)
--  is FREE. Compliments of Good Technology. Go here:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2689&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

~ THE STATE OF THE CIO 2004-2005 ~
The IT Executive's Professional Agenda

CIO magazine's third annual "State of the CIO" survey 
finds CIOs focusing on IT for competitive advantage and 
working evermore closely with the business.
Get the complete findings at: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=2186&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

Visit the CIO Store
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=220&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*****************************************************
You are receiving this issue of the CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
CIO magazine, or you have subscribed electronically to
this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your profile, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1284&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

If you would like to receive this update, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1285&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in the CIO Insider,
please contact Lisa Brown at [email-masked].

CIO's online privacy policy is posted at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=10471959&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2005. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc is located at 492 Old Conn. Path, PO Box 9208, 
Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Rupal Patel at
[email-masked] **