Subject: [AthofSV] Re: We have our work cut out for us!

From: "earthboundje" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:35:34 -0000

You know, I'm all for having religion in this country, and I think 
they should be able to practice whatever they want, whenever and 
wherever they want.  But these whackjobs purposely divide and 
polarize the country.  They are walking arguments AGAINST having 
a "purpose-driven life".  Their "purpose" is to make a devil out of 
ordinary humanity and a perverse conspiracy out of an ancient cult.  
We have only recently waken up to the fact that polarized whackjobs 
hold positions of power in our country without having their mental 
health questioned.  And I'll tell you this: you don't want today's 
drug-pushing psychiatrists taking up the slack.  

It falls upon the intuitive and inquisitive to root out the impulses 
of anti-biotic, misanthropic, capitalistic egotism.  It's crucial to 
know who is telling themselves and their children that you are the 
enemy.

- je

==========================
--- In [email-masked], "Jim Bill" <billj003@h...> wrote:
> This whole piece is discussed at 
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/capital.asp
> 
> This James Madison quote:
> 
> 
> "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon 
the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of 
each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to 
sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." 
> 
> Cannot be documented.  
> 
> It is one of David Barton's made-up (bogus) quotes.  
> 
> See:   http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/founding.htm
> 
> We need to be constantly on the lookout for these bogus quotes and 
misinterpretations of our history.
> 
> 
>   ----- Original Message ----- 
>   From: Gary De Feyter 
>   To: [email-masked] 
>   Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:21 AM
>   Subject: [AthofSV] We have our work cut out for us!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Date not known  - Upcoming DEMONSTRATION on Church/State separation
Wed. 3/23, 7:30 - Money: Red, Blue or Green?
Wed. 4/13, 7:30 - South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew"
Wed. 4/27, 7:30 - Objectivism. Cult of Ayn Rand?

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

Subscribe to Atheist News Service -
email [email-masked] with: name, address & phone #

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

ASV Library at meetings: bring books & magazines; get books and magazines.
See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.
Help keep email overflow down. Make your posts short; clean out old text in any responses that you make.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/