Subject: Get proven international expertise with Laudus(TM)

From: "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:33:04 -0800 (PST)

================================================================
Investing internationally may be a smart diversification
strategy. Do it wisely with Laudus Funds(TM).
================================================================

Laudus(TM) opens the door to the expertise of some of the
industry's most experienced investment managers, including
renowned institutional managers who employ disciplined
strategies that are the hallmark of institutional money
management. For years, these managers have been investing in
international markets--many that can be difficult for individual
investors to reach. Several of these markets have delivered
attractive returns that are capturing the attention of mutual
fund investors.

International equities are recognized by many investment
advisors to be an important part of a well-balanced long-term
portfolio. We realize that investing internationally involves
special risks such as currency fluctuation and political
instability. Thus, having an experienced portfolio manager help
you achieve that diversification and manage the associated risks
could prove to be a smart investment strategy.

If you're looking to add the potential for incremental returns
and diversification that may help reduce the volatility of your
investments, consider an investment in the very competitive
international Laudus Funds. Each of the Laudus international
portfolios has earned a highly respected four-star Morningstar
Rating(TM) overall.(1)

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Average Annual Total Return for the Laudus Rosenberg
International Small Capitalization Fund--Investor Shares (RISIX) 
as of 12/31/04 was:

1 Year - 31.74%
3 Years - 28.81%
5 Years - 12.75%
Since inception (10/29/96) - 9.30%

Fund Facts:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygc&R=5682352

View Prospectus:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygd&R=5682352

Trade:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=ayge&R=5682352

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Average Annual Total Return for the Laudus International
MarketMasters Fund(TM)--Investor Shares (SWOIX) 
as of 12/31/04 was:

1 Year - 19.34%
3 Years - 11.94%
5 Years - 0.61%
Since inception (10/16/96) - 10.37%

Fund Facts:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygf&R=5682352

View Prospectus:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygg&R=5682352

Trade:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygh&R=5682352

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Average Annual Total Return for the Laudus Rosenberg
International Equity Fund--Investor Shares (RIEIX) 
as of 12/31/04 was:

1 Year - 18.58%
3 Years - 12.41%
Since inception (12/05/00)- 3.14%

Fund Facts:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygi&R=5682352

View Prospectus:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygd&R=5682352

Trade:
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=aygj&R=5682352

----------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more. Invest today!
Click here:  http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=ayga&R=5682352
Call:  877 2 LAUDUS (877.252.8387)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Performance quoted is past performance and is not a guarantee of
future results. Current returns may be lower or higher. Total
return figures include change in share price, reinvestment of
dividends and capital gains. Investment return and principal
value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when
redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. A
fee waiver was in place during the performance period. If the
waiver had not been in place, returns would have been lower. To
obtain performance information current to the most recent month
end, click here http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=ayga&R=5682352

An investor should consider the Funds' investment objectives,
risks, and charges and expenses carefully before investing or
sending money. This and other important information about the
investment company can be found in the Funds' prospectus. To
obtain a prospectus, call 877.252.8387 or visit
http://email.services.schwab.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=ayga&R=5682352
Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.

Investing in small-cap stocks internationally can increase risks
when investing abroad.

Diversification does not assure profit, nor prevent loss of
principal.

(1) Morningstar proprietary ratings reflect historical
risk-adjusted performance as of 02/28/05. For each fund with at
least a three-year history, Morningstar calculates a Morningstar
Rating based on a Morningstar risk-adjusted return measure that
accounts for variation in a fund's monthly performance
(including the effects of sales charges, loads and redemption
fees), placing more emphasis on downward variations and
rewarding consistent performance. (Each share class is counted
as a fraction of one fund within this scale and rated
separately, which may cause slight variations in the
distribution percentages.) The top 10% of the funds in an
investment category receive five stars; the next 22.5% receive
four stars; the next 35% receive three stars; the next 22.5%
receive two stars; and the bottom 10% receive one star. The
Overall Morningstar Rating is a weighted average of the fund's
three-, five- and 10-year (if applicable) Morningstar Rating
metrics. The Laudus Rosenberg International Small Capitalization
Fund was rated exclusively against the funds in the Foreign
Small/Mid Value Category. The number of funds in the Foreign
Small/Mid Value Category tracked by Morningstar was 37 funds for
the three-year period, 27 funds for the five-year period and 37
funds overall. The fund received five stars for the three-year
period, three stars for the five-year period, and four stars
overall. The Laudus International MarketMasters Fund was rated
exclusively against the funds in the Foreign Large Growth
Category. The number of funds in the Foreign Large Growth
Category tracked by Morningstar was 173 funds for the three-year
period, 125 funds for the five-year period and 173 funds
overall. The fund received four stars for the three-year period,
four stars for the five-year period, and four stars overall. The
Laudus Rosenberg International Equity Fund was rated exclusively
against the funds in the Foreign Large Blend Category. The
number of funds in the Foreign Large Blend Category tracked by
Morningstar was 386 funds for the three-year period and 386
funds overall. The fund received four stars for the three-year
period and four stars overall. Past performance is no guarantee
of future results.

The Laudus Funds includes the Laudus Rosenberg Funds, which are
part of the Laudus Trust and distributed by Laudus Distributor,
Inc., and the Laudus MarketMasters Funds, which are part of the
Schwab Capital Trust and distributed by Charles Schwab & Co.,
Inc.

If you would prefer to receive only account service emails,
please reply to this email indicating your preference. Please
note that doing so will not remove you from any Schwab
Alerts(R), email newsletters or information to which you have
actively subscribed.

Access to Schwab's electronic services may be limited or
unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility,
systems upgrades or maintenance or for other reasons.

For your protection, we are unable to accept instructions to
change your email address sent in reply to this message. To
update your address using a secure channel, please log in to
your account using the link below.

https://investing.schwab.com/trading/start?SANC=ROSEmail

We respect your privacy. To minimize your receipt of duplicate
information and for internal recordkeeping purposes, Schwab may
track responses, if any, to this offer. Read more about Schwab's
privacy policy.

http://www.schwab.com/privacy

Notice: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate
email system may be retained, monitored, and/or reviewed by
Schwab personnel.

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., 101 Montgomery Street, 
San Francisco, CA 94104.

(C)2005 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. 
Member SIPC. http://www.sipc.org
CSA 00279 (2005-1570-BAR) EML31843 (03/05)