Subject: PARC Forum, April 21, Daniel Bump, GNU Go

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:34:00 PDT

GNU Go

Daniel Bump,  Stanford University

Thursday April 21, 2005 at 4:00 PM, George E. Pake Auditorium, Palo Alto, CA

This forum is OPEN to the public.

ABSTRACT:

GNU Go is a computer program that plays Go. It is
the only reasonably strong program that is non-proprietary.
A look at GNU Go internals will be given, showing how GNU
Go analyzes situations from actual play. GNU Go is a project
of the Free Software Foundation. For more information about
GNU Go see http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html.

ABOUT THE SPEAKER:

Daniel Bump is Professor of Mathematics at Stanford University
and a co-author of GNU Go. His research is in Number Theory.
His books include "Lie Groups" (2003) and "Automorphic Forms and 
Representations" (1997).

ABOUT PARC FORUM:

Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is located at 3333 Coyote Hill Road in 
Palo Alto, California.
A road map and driving directions are available at 
http://www.parc.com/company/directions.html.
The George Pake Auditorium is to the left of the main entrance, near the 
upper parking lot; follow the signs.
For more information about the PARC Forum, see http://www.parc.com/forum.

---------------------------------------------------------
Palo Alto Research Center Inc.
Phone: (650) 812-4000
3333 Coyote Hill Rd
http://www.parc.com
---------------------------------------------------------

Unsubscribing:

You are receiving this message because you have signed up to receive 
announcements at the e-mail address to which this notice was sent.  If you 
would like to stop receiving Forum announcements please go to 
http://www.parc.com/contact/subscribe.html and request this e-mail address 
be unsubscribed.