Subject: 180 rallies Wed. in all 50 states! Join us in Pacifica, Walnut Creek, Gualala, Santa Rosa, Novato, San Francisco, or San Jose

From: "Justin Ruben, MoveOn PAC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:09:00 -0700

Dear MoveOn member:

Two important things happened today (Tuesday).

The Washington Post published a poll which showed that, by a 2:1 margin,
Americans oppose radical Republicans' plan to seize absolute power over
the courts[1]--incredible news. Then Republican leader Bill Frist took to
the Senate floor and vowed not to stop pushing until he's stripped
Democrats of any say in judicial nominations.[2]

Each day this week is a race between the American
people's growing frustration with Republicans' abuse of power, and Bill
Frist's determination to break Senate rules anyway. At any time he could
pull the trigger on the "nuclear option" if he thinks he has the votes to
do it.

That's why Wednesday's emergency Rallies to Stop the Judicial Takeover are
so critical. MoveOn members have organized 180 rallies in all 50 states! A
massive turnout tomorrow is the most powerful way we can demonstrate such
overwhelming public opposition that Frist backs off for good. It might
require leaving work a little early or driving farther than usual--but
it's worth it.

Sign up now for a rally in your region:

  PROTECT THE COURTS
  IN FRONT OF DENNY'S
  HIGHWAY 1 AND LINDA MAR BLVD
  Pacifica, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/307?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  Rally to Oppose the "Nuclear Option"
  Federal Courthouse (front entrance)
  280 S. First Street
  San Jose, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/351?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  Judicial Justice
  Us Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
  95 Seventh St (Between Market and Mission on 7th)
  San Francisco, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/365?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  Rally for Justice
  Third and Irwin in San Rafael
  Third and Irwin
  Novato, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/1087?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  Stop The Judicial Takeover
  Ygnacio Valley Blvd. and California Ave. in Walnut Creek,
  Corner of Ygnacio Valley Blvd. and California Ave.
  Walnut Creek, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/1274?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  TAKING BACK OUR COUNTRY
  Gualala Post Office , Hwy 1
  Hwy 1
  Gualala, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 12:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/1306?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

  GrassrootsWest Rally for Justice
  Courthouse Square
  Mendocino Avenue at Third St
  Santa Rosa, CA
  Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 PM
  http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/1308?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw

To search for rallies in another area, click here:

http://www.moveonpac.org/event/judicialrallies/?id=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw&t=2

The growing public resistance to the "nuclear option" is due in no small
measure to our work together: Hundreds of thousands of flyers, phone
calls, letters to the editor, window signs, petition signatures, dollars
donated to run ads and urgent water cooler conversations.

But right-wing groups are mobilizing, and Frist is fighting back hard,
twisting arms to win votes. Moderate Republicans need to hear from us now
to counter growing pressure from party leaders, corporate donors and the
extreme right. And Democrats who've suggested confirming some of Bush's
blocked judges need to know we expect them to fight with all their
strength to protect our courts -- and that we'll support them when they
do.

We've designed these rallies to be fun, interactive, and impactful. And to
ensure our message gets out, volunteers have been inviting media. With a 
record turnout tomorrow, we can send a clear message straight to 
Washington that we are not willing to sacrafice our courts or our democracy
 -- and we have the strength to win.

It's up to you. Hope to see you tomorrow (Wednesday).

Thanks for all that you do,

--Justin, Jennifer, James, Wes and the MoveOn PAC Team
  Tuesday night, April 26th, 2005

SOURCES

1. "Filibuster Rule Change Opposed," Richard Morin and Dan Balz,
Washington Post, 4/26/05 http://www.moveon.org/r?r=702

2. "Republicans Reject Offer On Judges," Charles Babington, Washington
Post, 4/26/05 http://www.moveon.org/r?r=703

PAID FOR BY MOVEON PAC
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

________________

Subscription Management:
This is a message from MoveOn PAC. To remove yourself (David Harris) from this list, please visit our subscription management page at:
http://moveon.org/s?i=5461-86329-MaSaF0B1HlAE6iURMc9kMw