Subject: [extropy-chat] Yahoo launches Idea Furures market

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:38:08 +0100

>From John Battelle's blog: Over at its Research Labs, Yahoo today
announced The Tech Buzz Game, in conjunction with O'Reilly Media. This
is a search-driven marketplace creates a futures market of sorts
predicting the popularity of various technologies. Very cool. You can
even win prizes for best predictions.
http://battellemedia.com/archives/001326.php
The Tech Buzz Game is at:
http://buzz.research.yahoo.com/bk/index.html
The Tech Buzz Game is a fantasy prediction market for high-tech
products, concepts, and trends
As a player, your goal is to predict how popular various technologies
will be in the future. Popularity or buzz is measured by Yahoo! Search
frequency over time.
Predictions are made by buying virtual stock in the products or
technologies you believe will succeed, and selling stock in the
technologies you think will flop. In other words, you "put your play
money where your mouth is."
I just opened an account, got 10.000 bucks in fake cash and started
playing. My first move was buying 100 dollars of del.icio.us stock. I 
will play more with Tech Buzz today and try understanding how it
works.
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat