Subject: Re: Darwin Day event at the Muttontown UU Fellowship (NY)?

From: "S. Berliner, III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:32:23 -0500

Dr. R. Stephens wrote:
> To our Darwin Day friends at the Muttontown UU Fellowship (NY),
> In late 2002, Arthur Jackson sent you a long email about Darwin Day.  
> This is a reminder that the project is ongoing and growing.

Bob,

At the rate we (the U. S.) are declining, we will all be dead or in jail 
by 12 Feb 2009.  My condolences for today's events; why spend on armor 
for our troops or food for the starving when you can blow $44 million on 
bread-and-circus.

Somehow, I don't find Darwin Day terribly compelling right now.

> Did you know that Charles Darwin attended a Unitarian church and school 
> during his earliest years in Shrewsbury, England?

Yes.  But who gives a good God-damn?  The DHHS curriculum already 
teaches that little girls can get pregnant by kissing boys.  Pretty soon 
the UU AYS curriculum will be outlawed.

Who me, cynical?  How can you even THINK it?

I LIKE living in a pariah nation!

We have less than two years to turn Congress around or there won't even 
BE any Darwin Day in 2009!

And this from a dedicated, liberal Hamiltonian Republican who votes a 
virtually-straight Democratic ticket and is proud of it!

I will, however, as a courtesy to you, print this out and give it to our 
dinosaur MUUF president (no computer for HIM!).

> Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D. Emeritus Director, Cell Biology 
> Program, SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.

I used to call on, and work with, SRI re the SONICATOR Ultrasonic Cell 
Disruptor, ca. 1976-1990.

Sam, III

-- 

S. Berliner, III - Consulting in Ultrasonic Processing
Applying sound at extremely high intensity and
   high frequency to change materials.
URL:  http://home.att.net/~berliner-ultrasonics
(Please do NOT send back my own message in full.)