Subject: Translating DarwinDay.org from English to X

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:37:57 +0000

How's this?

  - David

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear  <person's name>,

Thank you very much for contacting DarwinDay about translating pages of 
our site from English into the X language.  With supporters like 
yourself, we can build a worldwide movement to celebrate Science and 
Humanity on the birthday of Charles Darwin.  We are very grateful for 
your generous offer of your translation skills.

We are currently planning how we can work with you to make X language 
versions of the Web site. We believe that technically we can deliver the 
Web pages for all languages, if you can send us the translated words.  
We are also thinking about how to handle emails that might come to us 
from people who communicate only in X.

Since Darwin Day, February 12, has passed for this year, we believe we 
should take some time to plan the worldwide (multilingual) communication 
for Darwin Day for NEXT year.  At this time it would be premature to 
begin translating.  We will send you e-mails when the Web site is ready 
to be translated.  That might occur several weeks from now.

Again, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Robert ("Bob") Stephens, Ph.D.
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Darwin Day Celebration