Subject: Translating DarwinDay.org from English to Portugese

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:28:14 +0000

Dear Thiago,

Thank you very much for contacting DarwinDay about translating pages of 
our site from English into the Portugese language.  With supporters like 
yourself, we can build a worldwide movement to celebrate Science and 
Humanity on the birthday of Charles Darwin.  We are very grateful for 
your generous offer of your translation skills.

We are currently planning how we can work with you to make a Portugese 
language version of the Web site. We believe that technically we can 
deliver the Web pages for all languages, if you can send us the 
translated words.  We are also thinking about how to handle emails that 
might come to us from people who communicate only in Portugese.

Since Darwin Day, February 12, has passed for this year, we believe we 
should take some time to plan the worldwide (multilingual) communication 
for Darwin Day in 2006.  We hope to develop the means for the 
multilingual Web site during the remainder of 2005.  We are making minor 
changes in the English version of the Web site at this time.  We will 
send you e-mails when the DarwinDay.org Web site is ready to be 
translated.  That might occur several weeks from now.

Again, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Robert ("Bob") Stephens, Ph.D.
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Darwin Day Celebration