Subject: Re: Darwin's 200th Birthday

From: Joyce M Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 23:57:53 -0600

[email-masked]

From: [email-masked] on 12/08/2004 09:05 PM PST
Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    Darwin's 200th Birthday

Dear Dr. Joyce M. Jackson

As a fellow scientist, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th
birthday will occur on February 12th, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is a
nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration of
Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we move towards
2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of
scientific progress, and our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by
2009. Currently, events are being registered on our Website for 2005.

The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our website at
http://darwinday.org  --   and then to consider joining many others in
this constructive educational effort. Our website offers extensive
information to assist you in developing ideas for a 'celebration' that is
suitable for your own unique circumstances.

Supporters include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and
writers such as: Patrick Bateson, Provost, Kings College, Cambridge; Edward
O. Wilson, Harvard University; Richard Dawkins, Oxford University; Daniel
C. Dennett, Tufts University; Steven Pinker, MIT; Helena Cronin, London
School of Economics; Eugenie Scott, National Center for Science
Education; Steve Jones, Univ. College London; and many others. We encourage
you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this project.
To sign up quickly, register at http://darwinday.org/register/index.php .

Sincerely Yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
http://darwinday.org

PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].