Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Fwd: DreamHost Newsletter v7.2 February 2005

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:14:17 EST

Subject: DreamHost Newsletter v7.2 February 2005
From: DreamHost February Newslettery <[email-masked]>
To: "Dr Robert J. Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:51:03 -0800 (PST)

0.  Introduction.
1.  The spirit of '97!
2.  Announcement List Improvements!
3.  Auto-responders Improvement!
4.  Growing like gang-busters!
5.  DHSOTM.

########################################################################
0.  Introduction.

Hello. This is March 1st, 2005, and this is the February 2005 DreamHost 
newsletter. I would have had it out yesterday but I didn't wake up until
now. I was just totally exhausted after watching another thrilling 
Academy Awards show. In fact, I recorded the whole thing and re-watched 
it six times. I just couldn't stop watching my fiance, Beyonce.

########################################################################
1.  The spirit of '97!

How about them oscars?! Did anybody watch? Hopefully more people watched
than saw any of the movies that won anything. The Aviator? Million 
Dollar BABY? SIDEWAYS? Zuh? Who sees that stuff? I can't believe Troy 
didn't even get a nomination for best supporting of an actor: Brad 
Pitt's butt. And uh... I was going to name some more big misses now I 
can't seem to shake that image out of my head. I'm going to go watch 
some Spongebob Squarepants to clear my thoughts.

Okay, I'm back.. and where was I? Oh yeah, as I was saying, in 1997 we
started DreamHost, and so we only thought it would be appropriate on 
this, our 7 year and 5 month anniversary to raise our rewards pay-out 
from the paltry sum of $65 to the ridiculous extravagance of $97 per
referral! Not to mention raising our 91-day money back guarantee by a 
face-smacking 144 hours in the process!

      http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.html   

Now if you're not referring DreamHost to everybody you do and don't know,
you must really be a terrorist. And did I mention that our number one
referrer this month is getting over $8000? That's a lot of simoleans.

Oh yeah, and in a remarkable flip-flop, we've moved the Rewards area of
our panel back to where it was several years ago:

      https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=home.rew

So don't get too confused when it's not where you thought it was! We 
also moved the DreamHost Announcements area to our "Home" tab instead of
under "Status" where it used to be:

      https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=home.announcements

Crazy, I know.

########################################################################
2.  Announcement List Improvements!

Was I the only one who saw Million Dollar Baby and was thoroughly 
disappointed? I though the six million dollar man was much better.

And in a similar vein.. some announcement list improvements this month! 
Now, whenever you send an announcement you get to preview it first (in 
rendered HTML if it's an HTML announcement, and in plain text if it's
plain text). Plus, for HTML announcements you can now completely specify
the plain text version, whereas before we would just strip out all the
HTML tags for you and send a possibly very strangely formatted version.

Also, we've made some back-end improvements to the re-confirmation 
process for importing old subscribers into your new DreamHost 
announcement list. It used to be that if you tried to do more than about
100 at a time the panel would sometimes hang and not everybody would 
actually receive the email asking them to re-confirm their membership. 
That suuuucked! Now however, we're fairly confident the panel will be 
able to take any arbitrarily large list and bust through it like a 
leopard on Tuesdays (if you'll pardon the expression).

      https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=mail.list

########################################################################
3.  Auto-responders Improvement!

Not to be outdone by the leopards, our auto-responder system also has a
new and spectacularly bland feature.. you can now specify that you'd 
like your auto-responder subject to just quote the subject of the 
message you're replying to! Don't believe me? Then go to

      https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=mail.autoresponder

and see for yourself, you deranged "freedom fighter".

########################################################################
4.  Growing like gang-busters!

Now I stop to strike a more serious tone. DONG. Recently, some of you
may have noticed longer than usual wait times for some support 
responses. The reason for this is the popularity our triple-everything 
sale caught us a bit unawares.. it's been overwhelmingly popular and as
a result we've really been growing fast since the beginning of this year.

I just wanted to let all you Happy DreamHost Customers/Terrorists (I 
KID!) know that we're determined to make sure this growth does not 
result in a lowering of the level of service you have come to expect
from us. We've gone through some "growing pains" before in the past, and
we always came out okay.. and we're going to do the same thing again!

Anyway, just so everybody knows, we've grown our support team over 30% 
in response to these new levels, and we're in the process of training 
all the new hires on the fiendish intricacies of our system. We're also 
adding more and more server and network capacity at an astounding rate
to keep up on that side of things. Honestly, I believe all this growth 
will result in even better service, since size brings a number of 
"economies of scale" we can take better advantage of!

Of course, what I'm really trying to say in all this is, we've decided 
to extend the triple-everything sale a little bit longer.. so now it's a
St. Patrick's Day sale! Anybody who hasn't already referred absolutely
everyone they know, you've now got about three more weeks to earn your
$97! (Not that you all wouldn't just refer us for nothing at all of 
course...) Also, did I mention the top pay-out this month was over 
$8000?! That's a lot of simoleans.

########################################################################
5.  DHSOTM.

It's been said the only thing better than winning an Academy Award is
not being an actor. It's also been said that it's winning the DreamHost
Site of the Month award. If those are both true, this month's winner
will be able to tell us, because I don't think they're acting..

     http://www.igtoa.org/

(That's the International Galapagos Tour Operators Association for those
of you who have been living under a ROCK for the last 50 years!)

But wait. I guess they'd have to have won an Academy Award too to really
know for sure. So never mind all that. If *you* have won an Academy 
Award and would like to try and find out if the DHSOTM is better, all 
you have to do is submit your site here:

      https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=home.dhsotm

And survive the ruthless terrorizing of your site by all your Happy
DreamHost Customer peers!

########################################################################
The Million Peso Baby,
Josh!

P.S. Was I a bit too all-over-the-place this month for you? Are you 
afraid that your cover is blown, you international terrorist, you? If 
so, you might want to unsubscribe from the DreamHost newsletter by 
updating your contact preferences here:

       https://panel.dreamhost.com/id/?tab=contact