Subject: letter of appreciation.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:51:33 EDT

David this is an early draft for a "what do you think about the  
communication?" 
 
Dear -------------------.
 
We at Darwinday.org want to thank all of you who have developed Darwin  Day 
Celebrations for the past few years, including the one this past  February. 
Please express our appreciation to all of the other people  in your organization 
who made the EVENT possible. Each individual  Celebration contributed 
significantly to the spirit of the occasion and  together they made a grand statement 
about the importance of 'scientific  knowledge' to our modern world. As we 
work together each year to  expand both the number of events and the number of 
participance we hope you  will reach out to other groups in your area and invite 
them to participate  also. It is only through mutual cooperation and 
assistance that we can hope to  achieve our goal of a Global Celebration by 2009, 
Darwin's 200th birthday!  The role of human curiosity and ingenuity in developing 
the vast knowledge we  now posses about the material world deserves to be 
recognized by all  of us and Darwin's central role in promoting a secular 
scientific  explanation for life on our planet was crucial to the rapid advancement of 
 verifiable knowledge.
 
Currently Darwinday.org is preparing to be able to reach-out  to many 
thousands of additional groups early next fall to invite them  to join us in 2006. In 
fact, we have just updated our website  and made it possible for you to 
register your event as soon as it is  ready for next year. This is a process that 
we will repeat each year as we  go forward to 2009 and beyond. 
 
In addition, we have begun to translate our website into additional  
languages and we expect this project to continue through out 2005 and into  2006 so 
that we can reach those who speak one of the major languages other than  
English. It is our intention to design flyers and leaflets that are able to be  
downloaded and changed to reflect local information, so that they can  be used to 
promote individual events. If you have  additional ideas about what you we can 
do to assist you with  promotional work please feel free to send us your 
suggestions.
 
Again, we sincerely thank you for a job well done!
 
Bob Stephen's
President of Darwinday.org. 

 
 
.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:34:51 EDT

David, I've reviewed the changes you made in the letter and I think it's  
ready to go out when you are ready to do send it. No hurry, but let's  get it out 
soon if possible. OK?
 
Bob