Subject: (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:11:50 EST

Subject: Milner Darwin Show Announcement

Hi Bob:

Very  good speaking with you today. 

Re: the still-existing paypal link, I will  soon get it taken off my website
<darwinlive.com>, which needs to be  updated. Pls do not give out that site
address yet -- until after the  update.

Here's the info about the upcoming show for your Charles Darwin  Celebration
website:

Happy Birthday, Charles  Darwin!

Anthropologist-songwriter Richard Milner gives his legendary  performance of
"Charles Darwin: Live & In Concert" for a three-night run  in New York - his
only NY performances this year. Milner, formerly Stephen  Jay Gould's editor
at the American Museum of Natural History, is author of  "The Encyclopedia of
Evolution" and "Charles Darwin: Evolution of a  Naturalist."

"Darwin," Milner's one-man musical, celebrates the great  naturalist's
birthday, February 12, 1809. Performances are Feb 10, 11, and  12th, 2005, at
the Where Eagles Dare Theater, 347 W 36th Street (between 8th  and 9th
Avenues), New York, at 8:00 PM. The show is presented by the New  York
Atheists, Inc.

Admission is $20. You may order tickets by sending  e-mail to
[email-masked] to reserve seats and follow up with check. Or  you have
the option of showing up at 7:45PM and paying at the door. Best to  book your
tickets early, as it's a small, intimate venue and seating is  limited. (Only
forty seats for each performance.) CDs of the Darwin songs are  also
available by writing to the "rmilner" e-mail address.

For  information about booking a performance of "Charles Darwin: Live &  In
Concert" at your college, museum, scientific or cultural  institution,
fund-raising event, or performing arts festival please contact  Jeannine
Frank at  frankent1@juno.

Show includes eleven original  songs --- in the style of Tom Lehrer, Blues,
Broadway, and Gilbert and  Sullivan, and pure Milner. Sheldon ("Fiddler on
the Roof" lyricist) Harnick  is a fan, as were Tony Randal and Stephen Jay
Gould. TimeOut New York says  "smartest show in town." Penn and Teller say
"It's sheer magic." Also a  favorite of Michael Shermer's Skeptics Society,
which has booked  Milner's  "Darwin" several times for their major events.

It's a  natural  selection!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Dear  Bob: 
Thanks so  much. 
Today I revised and  updated my website, including info on the Birthday shows 
and a click-on to your  site. 
I’ve removed the PayPal  that was connected to your defunct online “Gift  
Shop.” 
It would be good if you  added to my announcement the following line: 
For further information  see Richard Milner’s site at _www.darwinlive.com_ 
(http://www.darwinlive.com/)  
Cheers, 
Richard 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------

  
____________________________________

Subject: PHOTO OF  RM AND DARWIN  -- Please acknowledge  receipt.
Bob: 
Here’s a picture of  yours truly with Charles Darwin aboard the Beagle – if 
you wish to send it on to  your webmaster he can place it with the article 
about my  show. 
Also, please replace  contact info for tickets at bottom of listing in “event”
 site. Give my e-mail,  but not phone number at the bottom.. Remove contact 
info for Ken Bronstein at  the Atheists Society, or he will be deluged by 
ticket orders. (He is not  handling ticket sales – I am.)  
I will try very hard  not to bother you again about changes in this  listing. 
Thanks again for  everything and best regards, 
Richard 
------------------------------------------------------------------------