Subject: [Fwd: Invitation to "Identity and Security" Seminars]

From: "David C. Harris " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:58:25 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Invitation to "Identity and Security" Seminars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:05:22 -0500
From: Sun Microsystems <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Sun Microsystems <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

You are receiving this e-mail at [email-masked] because you
are a member of the Sun EduConnection program. To update your
communications preferences, please see the link at the bottom
of this message. We respect your privacy and post our privacy
policy prominently on our Web site: www.sun.com/privacy.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear David Harris,

106,000 alumni from a fund-raising database at Tufts
University. 59,000 students from a food service and housing
database at California State University at Chico. 32,000
students and staff from the main ID server at George Mason
University. Every week seems to bring revelations that
personal information of students and faculty has been
compromised through thefts of data at universities. With
each new incident, the need for universities to re-evaluate
their identity and security policies becomes more pressing.

To help you learn more about your responsibilities and
options, Sun is organizing seminars specifically for higher
education on identity management and security. The seminars
will take place on May 12th (Identity Management) and
May 13th (Security) at our Executive Briefing Center in
Menlo Park, California.

The seminars are free. However space is limited and is
available strictly on a first come first served basis.

For detailed agenda and registration, please visit
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004145c043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

Highlights:

1. Hear thoughts on the state of trust and privacy issues by
Sun's Chief Privacy Officer.
2. See examples of good data policies in action with
customer case studies.
3. Learn as Sun security experts provide free "security
policy" recommendations to a select group of attendees on
Day 2 (to be selected on first come first served basis).
4. Discuss identity issues with a panel of customer and
identity experts from Sun.
5. Watch a demo of a provisioning solution for the complete
"life cycle" of an employee.
6. Network with your peers and Sun executives during the
reception on May 12th evening as well as during breaks.
7. Participate in 1:1 sessions with Sun Identity Management
experts (Day 2). To be scheduled in advance.

We hope you can join us to learn more about these critical
issues.

Register now!
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004145b043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

Regards,
Sun Microsystems Education & Research Group

------------------------------------------------------------
Sun Microsystems, 15 Network Circle, UMPK15-204, Menlo Park,
CA 94027 U.S.A.

(c) 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
For more information on Sun trademarks, see
http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks.

If you are not a Sun EduConnection program member but feel that
you qualify, paste this link into your browser:
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004144s043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1
to sign up for the Sun EduConnection program.

To update your Sun subscription preferences or unsubscribe to
Sun news services, use this link:
http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?r=70043b9r3x4101A0004144q043b9r0mqTOQqTL$&=1

-----------------
annmn:[743b9r043b9r3x4101A0000043b9r0mqTOQqTL$]

-- 
   David C. Harris,  Product Developer, Medintrans
                     Active e-mail: [email-masked]
                     Phone 650-856-9126 (answering machine or me)
                     Lifetime contact: [email-masked]
                     USPO Mail:  Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 PAlo Alto, CA  94306-2827