Subject: [Fwd: Re: Arthur's emails for a spreadsheet]

From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:50:47 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Arthur's emails for a spreadsheet
Date: 	Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:47:43 EST
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

David: I'm wondering if this greeting and letter is not adequate for the
remaining categories on Arthur's lists? What do you think? If you think
we should go with it please fix the last link, just above the salutation
-- I wanted it to go to events registration.

Bob.

To Our /*Darwin Day Celebration*/ Friends.

We at Darwinday.org have been in touch with you previously, so we should
not be strangers. Some of you may already realize that Darwin's 200th
birthday will occur on February 12, 2009 and in addition, you may have
had events to celebrate science and humanity in previous years. For
those who have not, our 'Darwin Day' project is a nonprofit
organization designed to promote an International Celebration of Science
and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th, as we proceed towards
2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of
scientific progress, and our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by
2009. Currently, events are being registered on our Website for 2005.

The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our website at
http://www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  -- and then
to consider joining many others in this constructive educational effort.
Our website offers extensive information to assist you in developing
ideas for a 'celebration' that is suitable for your own unique
circumstances.

Supporters include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and
writers such as: Patrick Bateson, Provost, Kings College,
Cambridge; Edward O. Wilson, Harvard University; Richard Dawkins, Oxford
University; Daniel C. Dennett, Tufts University; Steven Pinker,
MIT; Helena Cronin, London School of Economics; Eugenie Scott, National
Center for Science Education; Steve Jones, Univ. College London; and
many others. We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic
participant in this project.  To sign up quickly as a supporter,
register at http://darwinday.org/register/index.php  and to register
your event go to http://darwinday.org/events/index.php .

Sincerely Yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
http://darwinday.org

PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].