Subject: [Fwd: Congrats, David & David -- Darwin would have loved it!]

From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:24:52 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Congrats, David & David -- Darwin would have loved it!
Date: 	Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:31:32 EST
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Congratulations to David Fitzgerald and David Seaborg for an outstanding
Darwin Day event on Saturday Feb 12.  Charles Darwin would have enjoyed
it, too.

The event was an enjoyable blend of foolishness and facts.  The room was
packed to overflowing, with people from as far away as Seattle attracted
by ads on 3 different websites.  The Italian popish background simply
added to the celebration.

The "Evolutionary" game was fun, as people competed to demonstrate their
considerable knowledge of evolution and creation science, under David
Fitzgerald's MC skills.

The debate was absolutely brilliant, one of the finest programs I've
ever seen at any Atheist event.  It carefully covered the major points
of both evolution and creationism.  David Seaborg was a most
distinguished Darwin, in his period clothes, his thorough knowledge, and
his patient, authoritative manner.  David Fitzgerald used his carefully
mismatched shirt, tie and sport coat, and flashing neon cross necklace,
to create a great Bible-thumping preacher, spouting both creationist
argument points and Bible babble.  The debate was an educational hoot
for the wildly appreciative audience.

Thanks, David & David, for demonstrating once again the depth of
creativity and leadership in the Atheist community.

Jim Heldberg
Coordinator, San Francisco Atheists www.sfatheists.org
<http://www.sfatheists.org>

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827