Subject: Fwd: Singing Singer's Song...?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:53:49 EST

Just for fun....

Support a Husband's Right to Choose!

Subject: Singing Singer's Song...?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:09:33 EST

   Now that the Terri Schiavo/right-to-life case looks like it may be headed 
to the highest court in the land for some sort of resolution (as the 
Constitution provides), we will be able to test the Slippery Slope Hypothesis that 
"abortion rights" and the flawed reasoning of "Pro-Choice-ism" would one day...(
ahem)... 'bleed over' and affect other classes and categories of human beings 
(ie., air-breathers older than 9-months).

    Are we about to see the "chronological expansion" of the Roe v Wade 
Principle and Precedent? Will the High Court look back at the "legal" precedent  it 
conjured up in 1973 and expand its  jurisdiction in 2005 to include the older 
helpless and voiceless in our midst? Folks like Terri Schiavo?

   If "Mother" Michael Schiavo decides that "baby" Terri is just too darn 
inconvenient to keep around and that she's really better off dead, who's to say 
he's wrong? He ought to have the "right" to cut Terri's umbilical cord......He 
ought to have the "right" to abort the vegetative tissue mass he once called 
his wife.

     Perhaps we will begin to see groups like N.O.W., NARAL and  the ACLU 
adopting new slogans:

     "Support a Husband's Right to Choose!"

                                     *******

     And perhaps it's time for the New York Times to reach back into their 
vault of golden-oldie headlines and pull this gem out that they printed 82 years 
ago (1933):

     "Nazi Plan to Kill Incurables to End Pain"
       ('German religious groups oppose move')

   Or maybe we should simply concede the point, heed and embrace Princeton 
University's highly-esteemed Professor of Ethics, Dr. Peter Singer's, recent 
words of pop post-modern wisdom and just get on with it:

   "Killing a disabled infant is not morally equivalent to killing a person. 
Very often it is not wrong at all."

                                          ********************

     Christian philosopher and evangelist, Ravi Zacharias, recently made this 
observation:

     "The ultimate Moral Law comes from God. The best expression of liberty 
is to preserve life. If we have no moral law and do not reverence life, then 
evil disappears in a cloud of self-serving acts."

    ( Don't you just love it when "evil disappears"? )

      Just for fun.....here's a 'light-hearted' poem dedicated to those in 
our culture who are singing Peter Singer's song and dancing wildly before the 
"moral" stage he plays on:

                                     "The Mosh-Pitiful Clap"

God bless,
Tom Graffagnino
Hamilton, Georgia