Subject: Anti-Christian Movie???

From: Darlene Lieblich - HEART of the BEHOLDER Film <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:07:41 -0800

HEART of the BEHOLDER - http://www.Beholder.com
Film Production Update - January 15, 2005
>From Darlene Lieblich - [email-masked]
=======================================================
In This Update -

Anti-Christian Movie???
Film Festival Screening
Fans Adding Emails Addresses
=======================================================
Anti-Christian Movie???

I try very hard to answer every email we get personally.  The closer we get
to the debut of our film, the more email we get daily.  Right now I have a
backlog of over 1000 emails.  Since most of them complain about the same
thing, I figured I'd answer them once as a group.

The major complaint is that our film trashes Christians and their faith.
I appreciated the heartfelt and passionate emails advising me to mend
my ways and give my life to Jesus before my soul is condemned to the
eternal fires of Hell.  To best answer their concerns I'll borrow a line 
from our film spoken by a Christian bystander who is watching his fellow
Christians picket a video store, and which is based on a real incident:

"I gave my life to Jesus.   That doesn't mean I gave up my common sense."

It amazes me that many Christians wrap themselves in an arrogant robe of superiority that gives them powers of perception which allows them to pass
judgment on a film before they have even seen it.  This film does not
denigrate Christians or their faith.  This film is about the abuse of power
- both religious and political.

It's ironic and highly hypocritical that while these religious emails
spout gospel dogma, they ignore the basic teachings of Christ.  In addition,
the fact that 70% of these emails are attached with email viruses makes
a mockery of the Christian faith more than our film ever could.  It doesn't
surprise me though that these are the same people that claim you can 
get AIDS by just renting movies.

Link to the American Family Association (formerly called the National
Federation for Decency) http://www.afa.net/press_releases/pr110501.asp

Another item brought up in these emails is yet one more example of the
extraordinary powers of perception that is rewarded to the faithful.  It is now claimed by many that "JESUS LIVES" and the proof is in our film.

A movie clip on our site entitled "Meet Marci Sanders" shows a meeting
of the Citizens for Decency.  One of their leaders, Reeba Hollings, introduces a former prostitute she is helping.  There is a picture of Jesus that is facing Reeba.  Marci comes up, says a few words, then sits down.  Some who have seen this clip insist that the picture now seems to show Jesus facing the other way toward Marci.

This was not a special effect put into the film and there were no cuts in the
shot that would allow the picture to be replaced.  Interesting?  Yes.  But a 
"miracle"?  For Christ's sakes folks, I think if Jesus does exist, he has
better things to do in Iraq, Africa, Indonesia, and a million other places
than to be mugging it up in our film.

You decide for yourself and then send me an email with your thoughts. Look
at the clip marked "Meet Marci Sanders" at -

http://www.beholder.com/movie_clips.htm

We will print the more interesting explanations on our website.
=======================================================
FILM FESTIVALS SCREENING

We were chosen to debut our film in Park City, Utah at the Freedom Cinema
Festival.  Our film will be shown on Friday, January 28 at 2 PM.  If you happen to be in the area, we would love to meet you.  More information about the festival can be found at - http://www.freedomcinemafestival.org/

We also need any help possible in passing out informational post cards to
Sundance visitors.  Please get your contact information to us ASAP.
=======================================================
Fans Adding Emails Addresses

We appreciate that some fans have added email addresses of their family
and friends to our online Fan Club, but please get their permission first.  You can unsubscribe anytime by following the link at the bottom of this update.
=======================================================
Sincere thanks for your 11 years of support in getting this movie made.

Darlene Lieblich
[email-masked]
www.Beholder.com
818-905-4684

====================================================================
Update Your Profile:
   http://freethought.f.topica.com/f/?a84ItV.bexqPn.aW5mb0Bk
Unsubscribe:
   http://freethought.f.topica.com/f/?a84ItV.bexqPn.aW5mb0Bk.u
Confirm Your Subscription:
   http://freethought.f.topica.com/f/?a84ItV.bexqPn.aW5mb0Bk.c
Forward to Friend:
   http://www.topica.com/f2f/?f=OnWSowIBAQAKm0IACQAAAAABNaXNUQ&r=info%40darwinday.org
Delivered by Topica:
   http://www.topica.com/?p=T3FOOTER