Subject: Tsunami Disaster in Novica Regions and Donations

From: NOVICA News <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:34:30 -0800

Dear Friends, 

It is with great concern and sorrow that we begin the year 
with this message of support for the victims of the tsunami 
disaster.  

Thank you for all of your messages of concern for Novica team 
members and artisans throughout Asia.   

Our Southeast Asia teams and artisans are safe, although there 
were a number of close calls.  Our Thai accounting manager was 
on the island of Phuket, and thankfully was able to stay out 
of harm's way.  

Novica artisans in the Indonesian islands near the epicenter, 
particularly in Sumatra, were affected economically but are 
safe.  Regrettably, so many other people were not as fortunate.   

In the words of Pia Wunna, the manager of our Novica Thailand 
office:

"We just try not to cry when we see all the people crying for 
the death of their loved ones.  The destruction in Thailand is 
too much to explain.  In Phuket and the Phi Phi islands, there 
are many dead tourists that we are also mourning.  They 
avoided the winter in the West to visit our country to 
celebrate the Christmas here.  We feel so sad for them -- it 
has been such a nightmare here." 

In times of tragedy, sometimes the best we can do is provide 
support for the future, including children.  Over one third of 
the deceased are thought to be children.  In addition, over 
36,000 children are said to have lost one or both parents.  

In support of the children of the region, below you will find 
a link to the Tsunami Relief Efforts donation page of the 
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF): 
http://www.unicefusa.org/tsunami

Also, through the month of January, 10% of all Novica web site 
sales from Thailand, India and Indonesia will be donated to 
UNICEF's Tsunami Relief Efforts:  

Thailand:  
http://www.novica.com/referral.cfm?cellid=jrl12005010510&r=9
Bali & Java, Indonesia:  
http://www.novica.com/referral.cfm?cellid=jrl12005010511&r=10
India:  
http://www.novica.com/referral.cfm?cellid=jrl12005010512&r=15

Thank you and warmest wishes from the Novica global team,

Roberto Milk
CEO
NOVICA

Contacted in error or wish to unsubscribe? Simply click here:
http://www.novica.com/email.cfm?ID1=01590455&ID2=262152&ID3=1105
We will immediately remove you from our Journal email list.

Novica
11835 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 750E
Los Angeles, California 90064 USA

This email was sent to: [email-masked]