Subject: [Fwd: MySQL Newsletter: December 2004]

From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:45:14 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	MySQL Newsletter: December 2004
Date: 	17 Dec 2004 02:10:22 -0000
From: 	MySQL AB <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

MySQL Newsletter
December 2004
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

       Special MySQL Users Conference 2005 Issue

         Early Registration is Now Open - Save $300

The MySQL Users Conference 2005, April 18-21, in Santa Clara, California
will be the largest gathering of MySQL developers and users. The theme
this year is "MySQL Everywhere." At the upcoming conference you will:

     * Learn how to optimize the performance of MySQL
     * Get detailed insight into new features in MySQL 5.0 (Stored
       Procedures, Triggers, and Views)
     * Get more productive with MySQL and learn Best Practices
     * Migrate from proprietary databases to MySQL
     * And much more?

Register Early and Save $300 »
<http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/mysqluc2005/create/ord_mysql05>

         Learn from the MySQL Engineering Team

Take advantage of this rare opportunity to get knowledge from the
engineers who developed MySQL. This is your chance to meet, share ideas,
and get your toughest questions answered by all the key engineers:

     * Monty Widenius, Founder and CTO, MySQL AB
       Guru: Storage Engines, Optimizer
     * Brian Aker, Director of Architecture, MySQL AB
       Guru: UDF, Storage Engines, Slashdot Database Architect
     * Peter Zaitsev, Performance Specialist, MySQL AB
       Guru: Optimizations, Benchmarks
     * Lars Thalmann, Software Engineer, MySQL AB
       Guru: Replication
     * Konstantin Osipov, Software Engineer, MySQL AB
       Guru: Cursors
     * Peter Gulutzan, Software Architect, MySQL AB
       Guru: Stored Procedures, SQL Standards
     * Alexander Byelkin, Software Engineer, MySQL AB
       Guru: Sub-queries, Views, Query Cache
     * Mark Matthews, Software Dev Manager, MySQL AB
       Guru: Connector/J, JDBC, Java
     * Jim Winstead, Lead Web Developer, MySQL AB
       Guru: PHP

View the Complete List of Speakers »
<http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/speakers.html>

         Meet Open Source Visionaries

We have brought together some of the leading visionaries in open source
for your benefit. Learn what they have to say about the future of
software and the evolution of open source:

     * Monty Widenius - Founder / CTO, MySQL AB
     * David Axmark - Founder, MySQL AB
     * Mårten Mickos - CEO, MySQL AB
     * Miguel de Icaza - Co-founder of GNOME, Ximian and Mono
     * Martin Fink - VP of Linux, HP
     * Tim O'Reilly - CEO, O'Reilly Media

View the Complete List of Speakers »
<http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/speakers.html>

         75+ Sessions and Tutorials

We will have over 75+ hands on tutorials and sessions covering MySQL
Performance Tuning, MySQL Cluster, Migrating to MySQL, LAMP, Java, .NET,
and more. The workshops and sessions will be run by MySQL developers and
MySQL experts who know the product inside and out, and have real world
experience implementing MySQL Projects. Here are some more session
highlights:

     * MySQL 5.0 In Depth: Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Cursors
       Jan Kneschke, Trainer, MySQL AB
     * Advanced MySQL Performance Optimization
       Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer, MySQL Inc.
     * Converting Microsoft SQL Server and Access Databases to MySQL
       Mike Hillyer, Technical Writer, MySQL AB
     * Data Warehousing with MySQL
       John Paul Ashenfelter, CTO, TransitionPoint
     * MySQL Cluster
       Thomas Ulin, Lead, Cluster Development Team, MySQL AB

View the complete list of sessions »
<http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/sessions.html>

View the complete list of tutorials »
<http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/tutorials.html>

         Case Studies from the Real World

MySQL is being used in high-volume business critical applications.
Suzuki, and LiveWorld will share their experience and best practices in
the following Sessions:

     * The Suzuki Sales P.R.O. Case Study
       Margo Zenk, Technical Director, Matrix Consultants
     * Lessons from an Interactive Environment
       Bruce Dembecki, Vice President, Solutions Development, LiveWorld, Inc.

View all the sessions » <http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/sessions.html>

         Exhibitors & Sponsors

One of the reasons why MySQL is so successful is because of its loyal
user community and growing partner community. The Exhibit Hall will give
you plenty of opportunities to spend time with Partners and evaluate all
the products that add value to your MySQL environment.

View all the Exhibitors » <http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/exhibitors.html>

View all the Sponsors » <http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/sponsors.html>

         MySQL Certification

Increase your market value by getting certified at the conference!
Register now for the two Tutorials covering MySQL Core and MySQL
Professional Certification. A free exam and Certification Study Guide
are included ($250 value).

View the tutorials » <http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/35/tutorials.html>

       Happy Holidays!
       The MySQL Team

       About the Newsletter

You can send us queries and give us feedback online
<http://www.mysql.com/company/contact/>.

You can unsubscribe from this newsletter online
<http://www.mysql.com/unsub?email=[email-masked]> or by
replying to this e-mail with subject 'unsubscribe
<[email-masked]>'.

Read more about the newsletter and view previous issues
<http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/newsletter/>.

Copyright © 2004 MySQL AB. All rights reserved.
You are free to distribute this newsletter, as long as you don't make
any changes.

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827