Subject: [Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender]

From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:36:45 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:47:32 -0800
From: Mail Delivery System <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

   [email-masked]
     host lookup did not complete: retry timeout exceeded

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

[207.217.120.177])
	by soulshock.mail.pas.earthlink.net (8.11.6+Sun/8.11.6) with ESMTP id iBB7sFJ21610
	for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:54:15 -0800 (PST)
Received: from adsl-64-171-190-249.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net ([64.171.190.249] 
helo=[127.0.0.1])
	by pop-a065c32.pas.sa.earthlink.net with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
	id 1Cd24u-0007YM-00
	for [email-masked]; Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:54:08 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:45:00 -0800
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>

Dear Maddy Urken,
 
We believe you or your organization held an event in February, 2004, that 
celebrated the life and discoveries of Charles Darwin.  Your event was described 
on our list of worldwide Darwin Day events at: 
http://www.darwinday.org/dev/home/2004.html .  If you don't recall the listing, 
you can search for your name there using your computer's Find or Search feature.

This email is meant to be both a reminder and an invitation.

First, a reminder that another year has passed and it's time for all of us to 
begin planning for Darwin Day 2005.  Perhaps you recall that our goal is to 
build this International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year as we 
move towards Darwin's 200th birthday on February 12th, 2009.  We sincerely hope 
that you are planning your event for February of 2005, and will register your 
event on our website as you have done in the past.  You may use this URL to go 
right to the registration: http://darwinday.org/regevent/index.php .
 
Secondly, we invite you to visit our 'all new Web site' with the same URL as 
last year: http://www.darwinday.org .  During the past few months we have been 
busy building this new website to expand our outreach and science education 
efforts, and we hope you will find it an attractive and informative resource. 
As you browse the new site you may find ideas that will help you plan your own 
Darwin Day Celebration.

Most importantly, we hope that once you have planned your Celebration event, you 
will register and advertise your event at 
http://darwinday.org/regevent/index.php .   If you are sure you will hold the 
event, you may want to register it soon, so that other people can contact you to 
help you during the next two months.  Together, we can create a new 
International Celebration of Science and Humanity.
 
Sincerely yours,
 
Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, 
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
http://darwinday.org  
 
PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration, 
simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827