Subject: Re:letter to Dr. so and so

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:30:07 EST

Dear Dr. So and So:
 
As a fellow scientist, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th  birthday 
will occur on February 12th 2009. 'Darwinday' is a nonprofit  organization 
that is promoting an International Celebration of Science and  Humanity each 
year, as we move towards 2009.  Currently, events are  being registered for 2005. 
Darwin and the theory of evolution are  being used as symbols of scientific 
progress, and our goal is  to achieve a Global Celebration by 2009. 
 
The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our new website at 
_http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/) , and then,  to consider 
joining many others in this worthy effort. Our  website, offers extensive 
information to assist you in developing  ideas for an 'EVENT' that is suitable for 
your unique  situation.   
 
The following supporters include prominent scientists,  educators, 
philosophers, and writers: Patrick Bateson, Provost, Kings  College, Cambridge; Edward 
O. Wilson, Harvard University; Richard Dawkins,  Oxford University; Daniel C. 
Dennett, Tufts University; Steven Pinker,  MIT; Helena Cronin, London School of 
Economics; Eugenie Scott,  National Center for Science Education; Steve 
Jones, Univ. College  London; and many others. 
 
We encourage you to become an enthusiastic participant in this  project.
 
 Sincerely Yours,

Robert J.(Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, 
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a  Nonprofit Corp.
_http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/)