Subject: How to get AUTH code at namesdirect

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:33:18 -0800

Dear Amanda,

I was told by our Web hosting company that for ".org" domains, the
domain transfer procedure is for the domain owner to give to the
incoming domain owner an AUTH value, thus indicating agreement
(authorization) for the transfer.

I finally reached Customer  Care at  NamesDirect.com (1-360-253-2210)
and they said that you must log into your account there and look for
something like "Request Authorization Code", which will automatically 
give you the AUTH code.  Then you send it to me so we can use it to
transfer the domain darwinday.org to Darwin Day Celebration, the new
nonprofit that will use the domain.

If you have any trouble doing this, I can be reached at 1-650-701-1948
before 2:00 Pacific time on the 27th or most days between noon and 6
p.m., Pacific time.  And I normally check for  e-mail at this Gmail
account.

Thank you very much.

  - David Harris, working for Robert Stephens

---

From: "Amanda Chesworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:23:28 -0400

Hi David,

I'm just catching up on a week+ of emails. I will try to check into this
tomorrow. I'm fairly sure the domain, although it currently is with
namesdirect.com, was moved over to godaddy.com for future years, instead of
being renewed with namesdirect. It may not have expired with namesdirect yet
but I think I renewed it sometime last year and chose to transfer it to
godaddy.com for their cheaper rates. If this is the case, I think I would
get the authorization code from them. I have to do this from a different
computer though so I will try to do so tomorrow am and send along to you
asap. 

Amanda

-----Original Message-----
From: David Harris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: How to get AUTH code at namesdirect

Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much.

---

From: "Amanda Chesworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:24:50 -0400

David,

I was wrong about transferring to godaddy.com - I had renewed it with
namesdirect until 2009.

Here is the auth code they sent me:

Auth Code: n578lIqWqgxc

Amanda

-----Original Message-----
From: David Harris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: How to get AUTH code at namesdirect

Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much.

---

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:12:31 -0800

Hello, Amanda!

Thank you for your cooperation in the transfer of the DarwinDay.org
domain to us.  We were able to launch our Web design this Monday
evening around 7:30.  It's certainly not as extensive as what you had
developed, but we'll keep working.

If you would like to have one of these Gmail.com webmail accounts,
with a gigabyte of message storage space but automated exposure to
some targeted advertisements, let me know.  I have 6 accounts
available to give away.

Do you have a database or file with the e-mail addresses, professional
affiliations, and the like for the people who signed up as supporters
of DarwinDay.org?  If you could send a copy to me, please, it would
save a lot of looking up effort.

Thank you again,

  - David Harris, database architect for Bob Stephens