Subject: [extropy-chat] Secular worship

From: Amara Graps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:44:12 +0100

>>  Of course I'd prefer to commune at a place that left all aspects of
>>  fairy-tale belief out of the fellowship.  If I could find a place as
>>  inviting, loving, entertaining and dedicated to meeting the needs of
>>  the local and global community as they are at Agape, but felt no need
>>  to encumber that sense of community with fairy tales, that would be my
>>  idea of a perfect place of secular fellowship.

Samantha:
>What kind of fairy tales exactly?    How about our own fairy tales
>full of grasping for what we and our "mind-children" will become and
>what will be necessary to get there?  Not fairy tales necessarily but
>good working mythology and other tools of envisioning and living into
>being.

Zero: Maybe there is something here that is helpful:

Mythology for Transhumans
http://www.transhumanism.org/index.php/th/more/318/

Amara
-- 

***********************************************************************
Amara Graps, PhD             email: [email-masked]
Computational Physics        vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers            URL:   http://www.amara.com/
***********************************************************************
"The universe: a device contrived for the perpetual astonishment
of astronomers."   -- Arthur C. Clarke
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat