Subject: RE: RYG stock may be bought out

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:30:15 -0400

Hi David,
Thanks for letting me know. How does that work, are we notified? Is it automatic? So glad to hear you are in a satisfying relationship. Fantastic! Is this the person you had just met in one of our conversations? Can you believe my new little boy has turned three! Time surely does fly.
All the best,
Melissa
-- 
Melissa Thomas
P.O. Box 2445
Saratoga, Ca. 95070-0445
(408) 741-1101 - phone
[email-masked] - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     David C. Harris <[email-masked]>
Sent:     Thu, 26 May 2005 00:00:27 -0700
To:       Melissa Thomas <[email-masked]>
Subject:  RYG stock may be bought out

Hi Missy,

The RYG stock I recommended as we drove in Puerto Rico may get bought out for 
11/20 of what we paid, maybe more.  Considering the prevailing market values 
compared to 2000, that seems like the best we can expect.

I'm surviving financially and having a good time with a brilliant girlfriend 
with a lot of shared values and interests. I hope you and the family are doing 
well.

   - David Harris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Group to open data room for potential buyers
Wed May 25, 2005 06:09 PM ET

TORONTO, May 25 (Reuters) - Royal Group Technologies Ltd. (RYGsv.TO: Quote, 
Profile, Research) will open a data room for parties that may be interested in 
buying the company, the building products maker said on Wednesday.

The move comes after Royal Group said earlier this month that it is considering 
a potential takeover offer worth C$1.3 billion ($1.03 billion) from private 
equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP.

The company, which has grappled with a financial scandal and police probe for 
more than a year, said Cerberus will have access the data room.

The Woodbridge, Ontario-based company also said a special committee of its board 
is in the process of hiring financial advisors to assist with the process.

"It is anticipated that the process of compiling and verifying the requisite 
information will require between 30 and 60 days," it said in a statement.

"At this time, the special committee has not made any determination that any 
such transaction would be in the best interests of the company or its shareholders."

Cerberus said on May 16 it had formally approached the building products maker 
to conduct due diligence and, if satisfied, will then make a C$14 per share cash 
offer.

It struck a deal with company founder and former CEO Vic De Zen and former 
nonexecutive employee Domenic D'Amico to tender up to 18.6 million shares, or 
19.9 percent, of the company's stock to the offer.

Royal Group said that since May 15, it has received unsolicited expressions of 
interest from other parties. It said it has struck an agreement with Cerberus to 
ensure all parties are on a level playing field.

It said under the agreement, Cerberus will not, subject to certain limited 
exceptions, take up shares until 60 days after it has received access to the 
requested information.

If a transaction is proposed by another party that is superior to the offer from 
Cerberus, Cerberus will also be expected to either match or better the superior 
proposal, or tender the shares of De Zen and D'Amico to the better offer or 
release them from the lock-up agreement.

($1=$1.26 Canadian)

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827