Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The reverse Turing Test

From: "spike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:25:08 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:extropy-chat-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alex Ramonsky

> ...Such characters do not seem to possess a sense of humor that
> we are aware of, so that could be one way to test. -But surely a reverse
> Turing test is a Gnirut?
> Best,
> AR

Gnirut!  Love it, thanks Alex.  Turing was one of those people so gifted, so
exceedingly intelligent, their very existence is a constant reminder of how
thoroughly and profoundly I suck.  I propose using Alex's term gnirut to
mean the polar opposite of Turing.  This term would apply particularly to
those who exasperate one with their total recall of disembodied facts,
completely removed from any logical framework, useless to the extreme, who
create the illusion of intelligence but whose brain is little more
functioning than a dictionary.

We could even invent variations on a theme.  A gnirut with an iPod
displaying particularly bad judgment could be called an iGnirut fool.  A
person who knows every detail of a Linux-based free OS could be called a
Gnurut.  A gnirut who can be trusted to always do the right thing could be
called an honor gnirut.

{8^D

Come now friends.  We haven't had a good Exi punfest in a long time. A most
deplorable situation is this.  Do rectify, wordplayers.

spike

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat

---

From: "Jef Allbright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:20:28 -0800

> deplorable situation is this.  Do rectify, wordplayers.

Oh, I gnirut now, the "ignirunce is bliss" crowd going on and on while
totally ignirut of it.
- Jef

---

From: Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:05:01 -0700

spike wrote:

>[...]

Made me laugh!  Igniruts is ssilb.  -- Thomas

---

From: Alex Ramonsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:37:10 +0000

...Punfight at the O.K. corral?
Be there at noon, Sherrif Spike, the heck you bet I will  :  )
Bring your sixgnus. Meet me outside the bra.
AR (Dyslexic sharpshooter, who has a gnu, and is not afraid to use it)
********