Subject: This Sunday's Humanist Forum: The History of Life on Earth

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:24:21 -0500

This Sunday's Humanist Community Forum (at 11am at Mitchell Park 
Community Center) is described below. The Mitchell Park Community is 
located at 3800 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, Just north of Charleston 
Road.

Feb 11: The History of Life on Earth
Evolutionary biologist David Seaborg (dressed as Charles Darwin in 
honor of Darwin Day) presents a summary of the evolution and history of 
life on earth, including principles of evolution that guided it. He 
will discuss possible origins of life on earth, the evolution of 
bacteria, the Cambrian explosion, the evolution of invertebrates, the 
rise of fish, the invasion of land by amphibians, the age of dinosaurs, 
the evolution of reptiles, birds, and mammals, mass extinctions, and 
the evolution of humans and our future from an evolutionary point of 
view.

David Seaborg’s talk will run to 12:15PM instead of the usual 12:00PM 
and the last 15 minutes will be for questions and answers.

The BBC will be recording David Seaborg’s talk this Sunday.         

If you don't want to receive a Forum Topic Announcement every week, 
just email me, [email-masked], and put "Remove Me from Sunday Forum 
Announcement" in the topic line.
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and 
security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from 
across the web, free AOL Mail and more.
=0