Subject: January Newsletter - Happy New Year!

From: Flock of Dodos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:10:56 -0800

If you cannot see the image below, please go to the following link:
http://flockofdodos.zawaye.com

The plans are coming together for our National Dodos Darwin Day. At  
least 30 cities are now on board, though many of the venues are still  
locking in the details. Here’s what we know so far. ITW means “In The  
Works”

Dodos Darwin Day Schedule
-ANN ARBOR, MI. - ITW
-AUSTIN - Feb. 12, Texas Natural
Science Center
-BERKELEY - ITW
-BOSTON - Feb. 17, 7:00 p.m.,
Museum of Fine Arts w/Randy Olson
& Muffy Moose
-CHICAGO - Chicago Field Museum
-DENVER - Feb. 12, 13, Denver
Museum of Nature and Science,
w/Randy Olson and Muffy Moose on 2/12
-DETROIT - Detroit New Science Museum
-FT. LAUDERDALE - Museum of Discovery and Science
-GAINESVILLE, FL. - ITW
-GREENVILLE, N.C. - Jan. 16, 7:00 p.m., East Carolina University,  
Hendrix Theater, Mendenhall Student Center
-HUNSTSVILLE, AL. - ITW
-KANSAS CITY - Science City at Union Station
-KNOXVILLE, TENN. - Feb. 12, McClung Museum
-LAWRENCE, KS. - Feb. 12, 7:00 Kansas University Natural History  
Museum w/costume contest!
-LOS ANGELES I - Feb. 6, American Cinematheque, Egyptian Theater in  
Hollywood
-LOS ANGELES II - Feb. 10, 7:00 U.S.C. Norris Theater
-MINNEAPOLIS - Feb. 15, 7:00, Bell Museum of Natural History
-NEW YORK CITY - Feb. 10, 11, 12, NY Hall of Science
-OAKLAND - ITW
-PHILADELPHIA - ITW
-PHOENIX, AZ. - ITW
-PITTSBURGH - Carnegie Science Center
-PORTLAND, OR - Feb. 12, Clinton Street Theatre
-RALEIGH - North Carolina Museum of Natural Science
-SAINT LOUIS - Saint Louis Science Center
-SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Museum of Natural History
-SAN FRANCISCO - Feb. 11, 2:00, Exploratorium
-SANTA BARBARA I - Feb. 3, Santa Barbara Intl. Film Festival w/R.O. &  
Muffy Moose
-SANTA BARBARA II - Feb. 12, S.B. Museum of Natural History
-SEATTLE - Feb. 7-12, Pacific Science Center, with
Randy Olson on 2/7
-TAMPA - M.O.S.I.
-WASHINGTON D.C. - ITW

	How better to celebrate the first evolution action of the new Kansas  
School Board than with a costume contest. On the night before the  
Kansas School Board convenes to throw out the anti-evolution science  
standards established by the previous board in 2005, the University  
of Kansas Natural History Museum will host their Darwin Day screening  
of “Flock of Dodos,” featuring a costume contest in which everyone  
who shows up dressed as Charles Darwin, a dodo, or Muffy Moose will  
get free admission.  For the Muffies, they’re expecting to see a lot  
of Intelligent 8 Balls, moose costumes, and, of course, “gypsy  
flappers”.		
	
What's Darwin Day without a Dodos t-shirt? And if you're gonna be  
enough of a dodo to wear a Dodo t-shirt, ya knows ya gots to cap it  
off with a Muffy Moose evolutionist hat.

The shirt goes for 25 beans, the hat is 20, or the combo (fries not  
included) is a mere $40. Sorry if it sounds steep (hey, we got a film  
to pay off here), but the good news is it includes shipping. T-shirts  
come in three colors: Obno Orange, Weenie White, or Blasphemer Black  
(not recommended for the holy). Click here to order, all sales are  
secure and powered by PayPal.