Subject: freecycle question

From: "Spirit Writer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:53:31 -0400

Hi David,
Hope you're doing well.  I have a question:  how do you get onto Palo Alto 
Freecycle?  I am going to be moving in a couple of weeks, and will be 
looking for a small refrigerator with freezer, a floor or table lamp, and 
possibly an end table.  I'll be reading the ads on craigslist, too, but I 
figured if somebody were just giving something away, that would be great, 
given that I'm still working on coming up with a sustainable situation...

Anyway, hope you're having a great day!

Take care,
CJ

---

From: "Spirit Writer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:03:02 -0400

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your message.  I am so sorry to be replying so belatedly 
to you.  My phone is not working in my apartment, and because of a very 
tenuous situation there with the landlords (I am moving out soon, 
fortunately), I have opted not to get it fixed.  This means no Internet at 
home, and that has been quite a challenge!  I will be glad a week from 
Saturday when I have a new place.  In any case, I have been thinking of you, 
and feeling bad about not replying earlier!
I will join this freecycle group, it sounds like a really neat opportunity.  
I'm glad you've been so blessed by it!

I've got to go--library closing--, I'll try to write more later.
Take care,
CJ

>From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
>To: Spirit Writer <[email-masked]>
>CC: David Harris <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: freecycle question
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:05:03 +0000
>
>Hi CJ!
>
>Good to hear from you.
>
>To join the PA FreeCycle mailing list, browse to 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pafree/ .  You might have to get an account 
>at Yahoo, but they're free.  Sign up to receive every message.
>
>I've seen at least 3 small fridges, maybe 6 total fridges, in the last 6 
>months.  Lamps are a frequent thing, as are furniture pieces of all kinds.  
>I just got a California King size bedspring set with two separable halves 
>AND a metal frame for them.
>
>I monitor the postings frequently, because some people are just eager to 
>have someone take stuff away, and  give to the first requester.  I'm also 
>very friendly in asking for things, since some people choose their favorite 
>person to receive their things.  And I try to explain why I could make good 
>use of the thing, or I really need it, etc.  And I often send a thank you 
>after I put the thing into my life, telling how it is helping me.
>
>I've been blessed with a wonderful washer-dryer pair, a 4 megapixel camera, 
>a Craftsman lawnmower, a girls bicycle with sit-up posture and multiple 
>gears, a magnificent table saw, a sort of broken laptop computer, a TV 
>stand, a computer desk, and a CPAP machine to squeeze sweet air into my 
>lungs which overcomes sleep apnea when I'm sleeping. Not bad, in my humble 
>opinion!  It does help that I can fix things quite skillfully, and I have a 
>pickup truck for big things.  It's like Christmas for big people.  Except 
>Santa stays at home and you go pick stuff up.   ;-)
>
>I'm keeping my eye open for a job that might use your skills.  Since 
>teaching French is pretty specialized, I'm watching for something where you 
>could connect people who do and don't speak French, like in business 
>translating, or international negotiations or some such.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>   - David
>
>
>
>Spirit Writer wrote:
>>Hi David,