Subject: The New England Journal of Medicine, August 2, 2007

From: New England Journal of Medicine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:30:15 -0400 (EDT)

To ensure that you always receive the NEJM e-mail Table of Contents,
    add the e-mail address [email-masked] to your address book.
=====================================================================
THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE <http://www.nejm.org>    
Volume 357, Issue 5: August 2, 2007    
<http://content.nejm.org/content/vol357/issue5/index.shtml?query=TOC>

NOW AT NEJM: Image Challenge -- A learning opportunity.   
<http://www.nejm.org/features/features.html#state=imagechallenge>
=====================================================================

                         <advertisement>

The Mobile Lipid Clinic(TM) -- Free for Your PDA  
The Mobile Lipid Clinic is an innovative software application that   
allows you to assess patients with lipid disorders on the spot. This   
complimentary computer program runs on both Palm(TM) and Windows(R)   
operating systems. Download yours today: <http://www.crestor.com/p/>

                         <advertisement>

=============
AUDIO SUMMARY
=============

Listen to This Week's Audio Summary:
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/DC1?query=TOC>

===============
IMAGE CHALLENGE
===============

Question: What is the diagnosis?

View the image and submit your answer at:
<http://image-challenge.nejm.org/?query=TOC>

========================
THIS WEEK IN THE JOURNAL
========================

Article Summaries:
<http://content.nejm.org/this_week/357/5/index.shtml?query=TOC>

===========
PERSPECTIVE
===========

Legal Power and Legal Rights -- Isolation and Quarantine in the   
Case of Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
          W.E. Parmet
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/433?query=TOC>
[Free full text of this article]
  *An audio interview with Professor Parmet*   
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/433/DC1?query=TOC>

Statistics and Medicine: Drinking from the Fire Hose -- Statistical Issues   
in Genomewide Association Studies
          D.J. Hunter and P. Kraft
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/436?query=TOC>

Focus on Research: Rheumatic Heart Disease in Developing Countries
          J.R. Carapetis
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/439?query=TOC>
[Free full text of this article]

=================
ORIGINAL ARTICLES
=================

Genomewide Association Analysis of Coronary Artery Disease
          N.J. Samani and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/443?query=TOC>

A Trial of 17 Alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate to Prevent Prematurity in Twins
          D.J. Rouse and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/454?query=TOC>

Progesterone and the Risk of Preterm Birth among Women with a Short Cervix
          E.B. Fonseca and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/462?query=TOC>

Prevalence of Rheumatic Heart Disease Detected by Echocardiographic Screening
          E. Marijon and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/470?query=TOC>
[Free full text of this article]

Whole-Genome Analysis of Sporadic Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
          T. Dunckley and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/NEJMoa070174?query=TOC>
[ONLINE FIRST] [Free full text of this article]

==============
REVIEW ARTICLE
==============

Drug Therapy: Prevention of Preterm Delivery
          H.N. Simhan and S.N. Caritis
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/477?query=TOC>

===========================
IMAGES IN CLINICAL MEDICINE
===========================

Cellulitis after Treatment for Breast Cancer
          G. Peltecu
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/488?query=TOC>
[Free full text of this article]

An Intraabdominal Cyst
          C.H. van der Vlies and O.R.C. Busch   
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/e6?query=TOC>
[Free full text of this article]

========================
CLINICAL PROBLEM-SOLVING
========================

A Growing Problem: A 36-year-old pregnant woman at 21 weeks of gestation   
presented with a 4-week history of a dry, nonproductive cough
          W.W. Yeh and Others
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/489?query=TOC>

==========
EDITORIALS
==========

Publishing Genomewide Association Studies
          J.M. Drazen and E.G. Phimister   
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/496?query=TOC>

Scanning the Genome for Coronary Risk
          A. Rosenzweig
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/497?query=TOC>

Progesterone and Preterm Labor -- Still No Definite Answers
          J.G. Thornton
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/499?query=TOC>

Understanding the Causes of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
          R.W. Orrell
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/NEJMe078146?query=TOC>
[ONLINE FIRST] [Free full text of this article]

=======================================
CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS OF BASIC RESEARCH
=======================================

Changing the Trajectory of Cognitive Decline?
          M.S. Albert
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/502?query=TOC>

==============
CORRESPONDENCE
==============
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/5/504?query=TOC>

Reducing Asthma Treatment
[Free full text of this article]

Beclomethasone and Albuterol in Mild Asthma   
[Free full text of this article]

A National Survey of Physician-Industry Relationships   
[Free full text of this article]

A Decline in Breast-Cancer Incidence
[Free full text of this article]

Severe Cutaneous Reaction during Radiation Therapy   
with Concurrent Cetuximab
[Free full text of this article]

============
BOOK REVIEWS
============
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/357/5/516?query=TOC>

Prescribing by Numbers: Drugs and the Definition of Disease

Patients with Substance Abuse Problems: Effective Identification,   
Diagnosis, and Treatment

Diagnosing Genius: The Life and Death of Beethoven

============================
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
============================
<http://cme.nejm.org/misc/about.dtl>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Special Offer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    
Try NEJM Online for 21 days...FREE!

Peer reviewed by the world's top physicians, the Journal   
helps you stay on top of the most important and most clinically   
relevant developments in medicine. There is no risk or   
obligation to continue and you will receive full access to   
NEJM Online! Start your 21-day free trial now at:

<https://secure.nejm.org/campaigns/jump.aspx?promo=OONCNZ0N&cpc=IPONJB55R1106>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

========================== While at NEJM Online ==========================    
Each week, the Image Challenge presents a fun way to sharpen your diagnostic   
acumen. It's also an excellent teaching opportunity. Review the image and the   
associated description; submit a correct response and you could win a prize.

<http://www.nejm.org/features/features.html#state=imagechallenge>
==========================================================================    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  CareerCenter Physician Job of the Week  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    
FLORIDA -- INTERNAL MEDICINE

Immediate opening for BC/BE Internal Medicine sought by a well-established   
multispecialty group on the east coast of Florida. J-1 Visa acceptable.   
Ten minutes from beach, great opportunity and exciting benefit package;   
competitive pay....

<http://careercenter.nejmjobs.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2620031&keywords=etoccareer>

Looking for a new practice opportunity? View this job and many more   
in your specialty at <http://careercenter.nejmjobs.org/search/>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    
AND REMEMBER. . .
=======================================================================    
* Feel free to forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague!

* If someone forwarded this to you, you can sign up for your own FREE    
subscription to the NEJM e-mail table of contents and receive access    
to Original Articles and Special Articles six months after publication.    
Go to: https://secure.nejm.org/ecom/register/reg_etoc.aspx?promo=ONFENR01 
=======================================================================    

_______________________________________________________________________    
Thank you for subscribing to the New England Journal of Medicine's    
e-mail table of contents service. The e-mail address for this     
subscription is:    
[email-masked]
If you would like to UNSUBSCRIBE, CLICK HERE:
http://click2.nejm.org/cts/click?q=137%3B294864%3BRfFu0Cm64u0ffOkIVgfNOIJyVV%2Fjqnki&fbl=1

To UPDATE YOUR PREFERENCES at any time, go to:
http://www.nejm.org/custserv/updateprofile.asp
or e-mail [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. This is an automated mailbox. If you     
have any questions or comments, please e-mail us at [email-masked].

_______________________________________________________________________
The New England Journal of Medicine
10 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115-6094    
Copyright (c) 2007 Massachusetts Medical Society. All Rights Reserved.