Subject: redwoodcityfreecycle OFFER plywood sheets, wood pallets, insulated concrete forms, plastic pond form, concrete chunks, galvanized channels

From: "Miller, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:40:36 -0600

We're partway through a house rebuild zip 94027.
1.  Dozens of misc-sized plywood sheets (from 6" x 6" to 3'x8') that are
used but perfectly functional.  Some have dirt and/or traces of
insulating foam on them, but nothing toxic, no nails.  Some have nail
holes.  Seem great for kid treehouses or the like...
2.  Wood pallets (used for shipping windows).  These also came with some
composite wood sheets about 3'x3', some of the sheets have large staples
in them but I could help you remove those or nail them down.
3.  Insulated concrete forms that are designed for pouring wall
foundations.  Made of Styrofoam with plastic supports connecting the two
sides.  These are new (but they've been stored outside for months so
they do have a lot of dust and small plant debris on them).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulating_concrete_forms
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulating_concrete_forms 4> 
4.  The contractor used a rigid black plastic pond form to mix some
concrete but it only has thin traces of the concrete showing (no lumps)
so it seems usable to someone who wants a small pond.  Multi-level,
about 2' deep, roughly 5' x 3' (irregular shape, not a circle or
rectangle).
5.  Some leftover concrete chunks about 1' x 1' x 6", although I'm not
sure what these could be used for other than a weight.  They don't have
a flat side so they can't be used as stepping stones.  There are a few
bags of concrete that got left in the rain and so the concrete set
inside the bag, so they are nice bag-shaped concrete...  a rounded
rectangle shape about 20" x 5" x 12" (still in the bag).
6.  Lots of small misc shaped wood pieces, could be used in the
fireplace but they've been out in the rain at least once and stored
outside a while.
7.  About a dozen galvanized steel U-shaped channels about 1.5" x 3"
with lengths up to 16' long.  Thin metal and they have nail holes in the
bottom of the channel so they couldn't be used as a drain.
I would meet you at the job site and help you load.  You'd want gloves
and sturdy shoes because it is a construction site with irregular
footing...
Contact for details... thanks!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]