Subject: Islam event on Tuesday

From: "Jack Owicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:12:18 -0700

Dear Laura, Kay, and David---------

Thanks again for taking care of the Islam presentation on Tuesday while I
was out of town!

How did it go?  Anything particularly interesting?

David, I assume that you still have the projector.   Will you be bringing it
on Tuesday?

Best regards,
Jack

---

From: Laura Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:13:02 -0700

Jack, It was very interesting and ran smoothly.  Everyone helped a  
lot.  Oytu had an excellent (if somewhat controversial/uncomfortable  
at times for me) presentation that needed more time for completion  
and discussion.  He had saved for last very interesting discussion  
questions (I could see them on the overhead outline), which  
unfortunately we didn't get to.  I think it would be great to ask him  
back sometime for a follow-up or a repeat of the talk (in two  
parts...) -- aimed for a bigger group.  The social time over dinner  
was relaxed, enjoyable; lots of mixing naturally and well.  At one  
point during the talk (a video portion was on), the Muslim men left  
the room in order to pray at the appointed time (about an hour and 20  
minutes after sunset - this difference from last week was due to  
daylight savings).  The presentation had an absorbing mix of photos,  
videos, etc that gave enlivening dimension to the talk, and he was  
able to use a contemporary style that was intriguing to the content  
for me.

Hope you had a great trip.  I'll be away in Tahoe this weekend, but  
am glad to talk more about it on Mon or Tues.

Best regards,
Laura

On Mar 16, 2007, at 10:12 AM, Jack Owicki wrote:

> Thanks again for taking care of the Islam presentation on Tuesday  
> while I was out of town!
>
> David, I assume that you still have the projector.   Will you be  
> bringing it on Tuesday?
>
> Best regards,
> Jack
>