Subject: Re: [pafree] Wanted: Epson printer ink cartridge re-set device

From: Diana Lipka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:41:44 -0800 (PST)

You are smart not to have the Epson -- mine is a pain. I suspect tech support could teach me to override the no ink message but they won't tell me.  Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the website info.
  Diana Lipka

David Harris <[email-masked]> wrote:
  I've seen those devices, to reprogram the cartridge with a future date, 
for sale on some ink refiller sites for about $12. Depending on how 
often you expect to refill ... Or you might just get by with borrowing 
someone's device or maybe sharing one. I don't have an Epson printer 
anymore.

- David Harris, Palo Alto

Diana Lipka wrote:
> Yeah, this is a long shot. I have a Epson photo RX600 printer and I
> just invested in an ink cartridge re-fill system from Cosco to save
> money and eliminate the waste caused by getting new ink cartridges.
> Good plan right? Except, the cartridges tell the printer they are
> empty even after they've been refilled and refuse to print anything.
> Epson's "charming" tech support says you can't use re-filled
> cartridges but the ink makers say you can but you have to buy an
> over-ride device from Staples or such.
> 
> So, does anyone have such a device hanging around? This request seems
> more unlikely now that I've finished writing it! Oh well. Can't hurt.
> Diana Lipka

---------------------------------
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.