Subject: Re: BATTY HALLOWEEN photos --real bats

From: Lyn Dearborn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:34:43 -0700

Interesting ... my file shows the size as 3.4 MB ...  So how did it get  
from 3.4 to 16?

Did you get some value from your meeting with the Stanford Pharmacist??  
  They seem fairly knowledgeable, although there are a couple of points  
that don't agree with what my regular pharmacist said about zocor, and  
what Dr. Brauer said about needing to take CoQ10....  So, I guess some  
further research is warranted ... but not tonight.
lyn

P.S. If you are interested in going to the "ultimate Portola Valley  
Halloween party" you may come with me ... last year they had a  
fantastic caterer, ghostly decorations done by professionals, totally  
cool "toys" to play on; open bar; etc.  I'm going to check with the  
owner of the Estate Sunday (if I remember) to see if it is happening,  
as usual, this year.  The property owner has been doing this for  
several years -- someone thought it cost upwards of $8K to $10K...

On Oct 27, 2006, at 9:48 PM, David Harris wrote:

> I'm glad we have a fast DSL here. That was 16 MB, even with the  
> cropping.  Still, they are fascinating little mammals, thank you. Who  
> says only dinosaurs should turn into flying critters?
>
>   - David
>
> Lyn Dearborn wrote:
>> */Photos by Peter Ramirez; October 2006 (I cropped Peter's photos to  
>> make them take up less computer space)
>> What do you do with an "traumatized" Bat while he's playing dead?
>> /*
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> --
>> */YOU SCOOP HIM (?) UP GENTLY ONTO A SHEET OF PLYWOOD SO YOU CAN  
>> "ASSESS" THE DAMAGE
>> DOES HE NEED CPR?/*
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> --
>> */TILT THE BOARD A LITTLE MORE TO GET A BETTER LOOK -- oops ... NO  
>> CPR FOR THIS GUY! I THOUGHT THEY ONLY
>> NASTY BUGS -- SO WHY THE NASTY TEETH? LOOKS LIKE A MEAT-EATER TO ME!/*
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> --
>> */O.K. EVERYONE THIS GUY APPEARS TO BE IN RECOVERY! COVER YOUR NECKS;  
>> BACK AWAY SLOWLY; GO OUTSIDE &
>> CLOSE THE GARAGE DOOR!!
>> /*
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> --
>> */
>> WELL, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & HALLOWEEN ... JUST SLEEP WITH YOUR  
>> WINDOWS CLOSED ..../*
>
>

---

From: Lyn Dearborn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:04:31 -0700

Photos by Peter Ramirez; October 2006   (I cropped Peter's photos to 
make them take up less computer space)

YOU SCOOP HIM (?) UP GENTLY ONTO A SHEET OF PLYWOOD SO YOU CAN "ASSESS" 
THE DAMAGE
DOES HE NEED CPR?

TILT THE BOARD A LITTLE MORE TO GET A BETTER LOOK --  oops ... NO CPR 
FOR THIS GUY! I THOUGHT THEY ONLY
NASTY BUGS -- SO WHY THE NASTY TEETH?  LOOKS LIKE A MEAT-EATER TO ME!

O.K. EVERYONE THIS GUY APPEARS TO BE IN RECOVERY! COVER YOUR NECKS; 
BACK AWAY SLOWLY; GO OUTSIDE &
CLOSE THE GARAGE DOOR!!

WELL, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & HALLOWEEN ... JUST SLEEP WITH YOUR WINDOWS 
CLOSED ....

---

From: Lyn Dearborn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:04:20 -0700

Hi David.

I don't personally know the hosts of this amazing party, BUT I saw very 
few "guests" in serious costumes -- except maybe little kids. Tonight 
there was a "costume party" in Mountain View w/ folk dancers, but I 
didn't go since I'm going to this all-day investment seminar in San 
Jose that I **THINK** I invited you to (don't remember for sure). I 
have two tickets. It begins at 8 am at the Convention Center in 
Downtown SJ.  IF you want to come great; I just couldn't imagine you 
wanting to be anywhere in san jose at 8 am...

CALL me if I was wrong & you want to go. 851-2645 until 12:30 or so.
lyn

HALLOWEEN IS TUESDAY NIGHT

> This would be Monday night?  Tuesday night?  No entry fee!! I could go 
> as Tux the Linux mascot penguin --- the only constume that comes to 
> mind? Sounds great.  Yes, I'd be delighted to go play.  Who are the 
> hosts?  I need several hours at home lead time to paint over some 
> scratches on my Tux head.  And make sure my tuxedo fits.

>  I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT WEARING YOUR WONDERFUL COSTUME.... PARTICULARLY 
> IF IT WOULD OBSCURE YOU VISION --- ITS A LONG DARK DRIVEWAY ON THE WAY 
> TO THE MANSION. IN ADDITION TO MAKING YOUR WALK MORE HAZARDOUS, 
> WEARING A "HEAD" OF ANY KIND WOULD LESSEN YOUR VIEW OF EACH "SCENE".