Subject: Re: The names and organizations from Arthur

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:08 EST

David, I guess I can't read the image you sent I just got a little red X.  
Below is an interesting letter and I don't think you have seen it . We will have 
 to give him a line or two in the history of DDC don't you think?
 
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Darwin's 200th  Birthday
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:52:18 -0500
From: Frederick W. Schueler  <[email-masked]>
Organization: Bishops Mills Natural History  Centre
To: [email-masked]
CC: Aleta  <[email-masked]>
References:  <[email-masked]>

[email-masked]  wrote:
> 
> Dear Frederick W. Schueler,
> 
> We believe  you or your organization held an event in February, 2004, 
> that  celebrated the life and discoveries of Charles Darwin. Your 
> event was  described on our list of worldwide Darwin Day events at:  
>  http://www.darwinday.org/dev/home/2004.html . 

* I've registered for this  year, but this has resulted in a change in
the URL for the 2004 event from  http://pinicola.ca/darwind.htm to
http://pinicola.ca/darwind04.htm - so I  wonder if you could change this
in your listing of the 2004 events. This  year's URL is again
http://pinicola.ca/darwind.htm, and will change  to
http://pinicola.ca/darwind05.htm when next year's event is  announced.

You say on your website that "Darwin Day was initiated in  1994", but as
we note at http://pinicola.ca/darwind2.htm "We first marked  Darwin's Day
with a Phylum Feast on Haida Gwaii [the Queen Charlotte Islands,  British
Columbia] in 1989, with a meal that included salvaged Minke Whale  meat,
smoked Turkey slices, pickled Herring, Soft-shell Clams,  commercial
escargot, shrimp, & Ostrich Fern fiddleheads, Onions, Rice,  Pecans, and
Spinach." I don't know how interested in tracing the history of  every
last Darwin's Day tradition, but that's the first date our  family
actually got around to doing something instead of just thinking it  would
be a good  idea.

fred.
------------------------------------------------------------
Bishops Mills Natural History  Centre
Frederick W. Schueler, Aleta Karstad, Jennifer Helene  Schueler
RR#2 Bishops Mills, Ontario, Canada K0G  1T0
on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44* 52'N 75*  42'W
(613)258-3107 <[email-masked]>  http://pinicola.ca
------------------------------------------------------------
subscribe  to the Eastern Ontario Natural History list-serve
by sending "subscribe  eobm-nat" in the body of a message  to
<[email-masked]>
------------------------------------------------------------