Subject: [AthofSV] Flash - Craig Ventner

From: Ben Baumgartner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:16:18 -0800

Godless,

Craig Ventner has a segment on PBS’s Lehrer New Hour that is very 
informative about evolution. I twill be on Ch. 9 at 6:00 PM and on Ch. 
54 at 11:30 PM.

He has collected ocean sample – doubled the number of known genes. They 
have found some remarkable and outstanding life. Like organisms from 
perfectly clear ocean water that have cells that are light sensitive and 
absorb light to collect energy from the Sun. If I got it right (I taped 
it and will have to listen to it again) one letter change in the code 
will change the frequency of light that is absorbed. What will the 
creationist say about these findings? Their mythical god is such a great 
designer or now I see that a single error can change an organism and 
advance or give the organism a better change to survive through natural 
selection?

God-frey

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/OzVolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Sun 3/18, 11 am - The Health Care Mess and the Humanist Agenda, in P.A.
Sun 3/25, 11 am - Human Rights Under Siege, in P.A.
Wed 3/28, 7:30 pm - ASV mtg, TBA, in M.V.
Fri-Sun 4/6-8 - American Atheists National Convention, in Seattle

See our website http://www.godlessgeeks.com

Everyone is welcome at our meetings.

If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

Keep the msgs to Atheist topics.

If you want to join a liberal political discussion, see [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email-masked] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/athofsv/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email-masked] 
    mailto:[email-masked]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/