Subject: Next Humanist Roots Group topic

From: "Richard O. Duda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:45:29 -0800

Hi David,

I just received an e-mail from Dennis Ricks saying that he is in Utah with 
his mother, who is 96 years old and is facing serious medical problems.  As 
a result, the rest of the group has to carry the ball for the next two or 
three months.

At the last Humanist Roots Group meeting, Dennis suggested that we might 
make some aspect of Darwin and Darwinism the topic for the next 
meeting.  With the combination of Darwin Day this month and the recent 
reversal by the Kansas Board of Education
(http://www.sci-tech-today.com/news/Is-Evolution-at-Work-in-Kansas-/story.xhtml?story_id=033001V5LW9L)
Darwin is once again timely.

If I am not mistaken, that topic  fits pretty well with your own personal 
interests.  Would you be willing to lead an appropriate discussion?  For 
example, after reviewing the history and impact of Darwinigm, we might 
discuss what it all means for us and our future.

Hoping that you will say "yes", I'll look forward to hearing what you have 
to say.

Cheers,
Dick Duda