Subject: [UUCPA announce] Islam series begins tomorrow night; registration for dinner closed

From: "Jack Owicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:46:09 -0800

The first of the three evenings on Islam to be presented by BAYCC will be
held tomorrow night.  Registrations for the 6:30 pre-talk dinner are closed,
but you can still sign up for the dinners on the second and third evenings.

Inter-Faith Discussions of Islam
There is an urgent need for us to learn more about Islam than we see on TV.
Members of Bay Area Cultural Connections (www.baycc.org), a local Islamic
outreach group, will present three evenings of basic discussions about
Islam.
Mar. 6: An Introduction to Islam 
Mar. 13: The Quran 
Mar. 20: The Life of the Prophet Mohammed 
Dinner will be provided, beginning at 6:30 p.m.; the program proper will
begin around 7:15 p.m. and last until 9:15 p.m. All sessions are in the
Fireside Room. 
Pre-registration for the main programs would be much appreciated.
Pre-registration for the dinners is essential, since the number of seats is
limited. Call the church office (650-494-0541) or email [email-masked]. If
you want childcare, please email [email-masked] at least two weeks
ahead.
Local contact: Jack Owicki 

_______________________________________________
UUCPA Announce mailing list
http://uucpa.org/mailman/listinfo/announce
To unsubscribe, use the link above or contact [email-masked]

---

From: "Jack Owicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:24:07 -0800

Dear David,
 
Maureen will sign you up for all five of those.  See you tomorrow evening!
 
Best regards,
Jack

  _____  

From: David Harris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 3:48 PM
To: Jack Owicki; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [UUCPA announce] Islam series begins tomorrow night;
registration for dinner closed

Jack, if it's possible, I'd like to attend all 3 discussions, and join for
dinner for the 2nd and 3rd parts.  I could live without the dinners if those
are already maxed out.

  - David Harris

Jack Owicki wrote: 

There is an urgent need for us to learn more about Islam than we see on TV.
Members of Bay Area Cultural Connections ( <http://www.baycc.org>
www.baycc.org), a local Islamic outreach group, will present three evenings
of basic discussions about Islam.

---

From: "uucpa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:01:39 -0800

I got it! 
 
Thanks, 

Maureen Pattarelli
Facilities Coordinator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto
(650) 494-0541 x24

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Owicki [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 5:24 PM
To: 'David Harris'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [UUCPA announce] Islam series begins tomorrow night;

Dear David,
 
Maureen will sign you up for all five of those.  See you tomorrow
evening!
 
Best regards,
Jack

  _____  

Jack, if it's possible, I'd like to attend all 3 discussions, and join
for dinner for the 2nd and 3rd parts.  I could live without the dinners
if those are already maxed out.

  - David Harris

Jack Owicki wrote: 

The first of the three evenings on Islam to be presented by BAYCC will
be held tomorrow night.  Registrations for the 6:30 pre-talk dinner are
closed, but you can still sign up for the dinners on the second and
third evenings. 

There is an urgent need for us to learn more about Islam than we see on
TV. Members of Bay Area Cultural Connections ( <http://www.baycc.org>
www.baycc.org), a local Islamic outreach group, will present three
evenings of basic discussions about Islam.

Pre-registration for the main programs would be much appreciated.
Pre-registration for the dinners is essential, since the number of seats
is limited. Call the church office (650-494-0541) or email
[email-masked]. If you want childcare, please email [email-masked]
at least two weeks ahead.