Subject: Become A Citizen Co-Chair of No on Prop 73!

From: "Kathy Kneer and Amy Everitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:10:54 -0700

Join the Growing List of Californians who have said NO to Prop
73!

Yesterday we announced a broad-based, bi-partisan and diverse
list of Californians who have joined together to protect
California's teenagers and say NO to Proposition 73. These
parents, medical professionals, and community leaders all
understand that parents rightfully want to be involved in their
daughters' lives but they also know that laws like Prop 73
aren't the solution and actually put teens at risk.

The Campaign for Teen Safety's co-chairs include many prominent
California doctors and health professionals including the
President of the California Academy of Family Physicians, the
Executive Vice-President and CEO of the California Medical
Association and the CEO of the California Family Health Council.

They are a strong voice for defeating prop 73, but they need
your help. Join our co-chairs today and add your voice to theirs
-- Become a citizen co-chair of No on Prop. 73.
http://email.dcupdates.com/ct/ct.php?t=169849&c=218581560&m=m&type=3

Doctors throughout California know that laws like this will put
our most vulnerable teenagers at risk. While at first blush they
may sound good, in the real world so-called parental notification
laws often force scared, pregnant teenagers to resort to unsafe
illegal and/or backroom abortions. We must make sure that if,
for whatever reason, teens cannot go to their parents, they can
see counselors and medical professionals in a timely manner.

Join the California Medical Association in saying NO to Prop 73
-- Become a citizen co-chair of No on Prop. 73.
http://email.dcupdates.com/ct/ct.php?t=169849&c=218581560&m=m&type=3

In addition to the many health professionals and their
organizations, we also have the support of religious
organizations, The League of Women Voters, the American
Association of University Women, Dolores Huerta, co-founder of
the United Farm Workers as well as Republicans, Democrats and
Independents. This issue isn't about politics, it's about
keeping our teens safe.

Join them today and become a citizen co-chair of No on Prop. 73.
http://email.dcupdates.com/ct/ct.php?t=169849&c=218581560&m=m&type=3

Thank you for your support.

Kathy Kneer
Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
Amy Everitt
NARAL Pro-Choice California

Click here to send this email to your friends! 
http://email.dcupdates.com/forwardthis/ft.php?mID=42171&em=[email-masked]&ch=8327464e6b9b40d7a8d65d665dcd89 

********************
555 Capitol Mall Suite 510
Sacramento CA 95814
A Project of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
Contributions to this committee are not deductible as charitable
contributions.

This message was intended for: [email-masked]

Follow the URL below to update your preferences or opt-out:
http://email.dcupdates.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=lioryi&action=update&eemail=[email-masked]

http://email.dcupdates.com/subscribe/source.htm?email=[email-masked]&cid=8327464e6b9b40d7a8d65d665dcd89

August 22, 2005