Subject: Red Hat Magazine | February 2006

From: "Red Hat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:51:46 -0000

Red Hat Magazine, Issue #16
February 2006

Red Hat Summit Nashville

After last month's literary tour through Asia, this month we're in a
city a little closer to home--Music City. Home of the Grand Ole Opry
and this year's Red Hat Summit. Red Hat Magazine has the scoop on
Summit speakers, track topics, and specials.

Magazine feedback? Questions? Take our user survey or share your
thoughts through our web form.

Read this issue:  http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg3
===============================

Feature Articles:

How the Summit changed my life
A year ago, RHCE(r) Jon Benedict was bored at work, and looking for a
new place to hang his hat. He attended the Red Hat Summit, and
everything fell into place. Read his story.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg14

A long talk with Cory Doctorow, part 2
by Bascha Harris
The final half of our two-part series on Summit speaker Cory Doctorow.
All you ever wanted to know about the state of digital freedom, but
didn't know who to ask. We've also got a transcript of the interview.
And don't forget the first half, from last month's issue.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg16

A photo tour of Nashville
Nashville is a city meant to be heard, but the sights aren't bad either.
Join us as we take a closer look at the streets and spirit of Nashville.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg21

Summit keynote speaker: Nicholas Negroponte
Since he couldn't stop for an interview, we've compiled a great list of
fast facts about this popular speaker, philanthropist, and technology
guru.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg20

Summit tracks
See the list of topical tracks. New this year: Emerging Technologies,
Storage/Clustering, Ecosystem.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg23

We've got a deal for you
Thought about registering for the Summit? The early bird special ends
February 17. That's Friday. So register now--you'll save $300.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg22

----------------------------
Also in this issue:

Open source development: The diversocracy
by Elliot Lee
We've always assumed open source is a meritocracy. But is it really? A
Red Hat engineer dares to ask the question. His answer may surprise
you.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg18

Introduction to DocBook XML
by Paul W. Frields
Ever wonder how the documentation for your favorite software comes
together? In the first article of our Documentation series, writer and
engineer Paul W. Frields explains the types of software and markup used
in the open source community.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg15

The sound of sharing: Headphone amplifiers built the open source way
by Jonathan Opp
How an Altoids tin, a 9-volt battery, and a few blueprints shared on the
web can rock your world. All you need is to download the plans and find
the nearest Radio Shack.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg19

Video: EuroNext
Jean-Marc Bouhelier, CEO of Atos Euronext Market Solutions, speaks about
partnering with Red Hat to support a joint venture for providing
mission-critical technology services for stock exchanges around the
world.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg24

Delivering application and services availability
by Subbu Krishnamurthy
HP and Red Hat have teamed up to create a clustering solution for making
applications and data highly available. The solution combines HP
Serviceguard for Linux and Red Hat Global File System.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg13

----------------------------
In every issue:

Editor's blog
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg1

Red Hat speaks: Mark Webbink, Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual
Property
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg11

>From the inside
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg7
	
News
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg8

Whitepapers and case studies
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg8#wp
	
Global events
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg8#events

Ask Shadowman: Winter Olympic fever
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg5

Tips & tricks: Remote control, patching Solaris, certs, and RPM
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg12

Fedora status report
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/rhmg26

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to receive other newsletters from Red Hat or modify your current
email preferences? Have colleagues who want to receive newsletters?
Visit our Information Center to sign up for news customized to your
interests, the choice is yours.

--> Subscribe or modify your email preferences.
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/pref?t=BD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx&email=[email-masked]&password=AUfRoFAI4TCQBD9OyO3yprHrPXV2QZ

Please send comments and questions to [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The above email is intended for people who have opted to receive Red
Hat Magazine, formerly Under the Brim, from Red Hat. If you think that
you have received this email in error, please accept our
apologies. Simply unsubscribe and we'll make sure that you do not
receive this kind of email from Red Hat again. Red Hat, 1801 Varsity
Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA.

--> Unsubscribe
http://info.redhat.com/a/tBD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx/unsub?t=BD9OyOAUfRoFAcxP9YAI4TCQWx&email=[email-masked]&IDC=AUfRoFAI4TCQBD9OyO3yprHrPXV2QZ

(c) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. All rights reserved.