Subject: Stem Cells Table of Contents for October 2005; Vol. 23, No. 10

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:35:04 -0800

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Stem Cells Impact Factor is  5.5!

Top 5% of all high-impact
international journals.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Stem Cells -- Table of Contents Alert

A new issue of Stem Cells 
has been made available:

October 2005; Vol. 23, No. 10 

URL: http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/content/vol23/issue10/?etoc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
RAPID COMMUNICATION
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis of Esg1 Expression in Pluripotent Cells and the Germline Reveals 
Similarities with Oct4 and Sox2 and Differences Between Human Pluripotent 
Cell Lines
     Patrick Western, Joanna Maldonado-Saldivia, Jocelyn van den Bergen, 
     Petra Hajkova, Mitinori Saitou, Sheila Barton, and M. Azim Surani
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1436-1442
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1436?etoc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
FORUM FOR YOUNG TURKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fetal Microchimerism in the Maternal Mouse Brain: A Novel Population of 
Fetal Progenitor or Stem Cells Able to Cross the Blood-Brain Barrier?
     Xiao-Wei Tan, Hong Liao, Li Sun, Masaru Okabe, Zhi-Cheng Xiao, and 
     Gavin S. Dawe
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1443-1452 Open Access
     OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1443?etoc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
EDITORIAL-CHARACTERIZATION SERIES
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Translational Research: Toward Better Characterization of Human Embryonic 
Stem Cell Lines
     Mahendra S. Rao and Curt I. Civin
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1453
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/full/23/10/1453?etoc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL ARTICLES-CHARACTERIZATION SERIES
-----------------------------------------------------------------

A New Era in the Ethics of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research
     Bernard Lo, Patricia Zettler, Marcelle I. Cedars, Elena Gates, Arnold 
     R. Kriegstein, Michelle Oberman, Renee Reijo Pera, Richard M. Wagner, 
     Mary T. Wuerth, Leslie E. Wolf, and Keith R. Yamamoto
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1454-1459 Open Access
     OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1454?etoc

Monitoring Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells Using Real-Time 
PCR
     Karin Noaksson, Neven Zoric, Xianmin Zeng, Mahendra S. Rao, Johan 
     Hyllner, Henrik Semb, Mikael Kubista, and Peter Sartipy
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1460-1467
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1460?etoc

X-Inactivation Status Varies in Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lines
     Lisa M. Hoffman, Lisa Hall, Jennifer L. Batten, Holly Young, Dheerja 
     Pardasani, E. Edward Baetge, Jeanne Lawrence, and Melissa K. Carpenter
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1468-1478
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1468?etoc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL ARTICLES
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Generation of Chromosome-Specific Monoclonal Antibodies Using In 
Vitro-Differentiated Transchromosomic Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells
     Ayano Yanagisawa, Chisato Endo, Katsuya Okawa, Shingo Shitara, 
     Hiroyuki Kugoh, Makoto Kakitani, Mitsuo Oshimura, and Kazuma Tomizuka
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1479-1488
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1479?etoc

Defining the Role of Wnt/{beta}-Catenin Signaling in the Survival, 
Proliferation, and Self-Renewal of Human Embryonic Stem Cells
     Gautam Dravid, Zhaohui Ye, Holly Hammond, Guibin Chen, April Pyle, 
     Peter Donovan, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1489-1501
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1489?etoc

Heat Shock 70-kDa Protein 8 Isoform 1 Is Expressed on the Surface of Human 
Embryonic Stem Cells and Downregulated upon Differentiation
     Yeon Sung Son, Jae Hyun Park, Young Kook Kang, Jin-Sung Park, Hong Seo
     Choi, Ji Young Lim, Jeoung Eun Lee, Jung Bok Lee, Myoung Seok Ko, 
     Yong-Sam Kim, Jeong-Heon Ko, Hyun Soo Yoon, Kwang-Woong Lee, Rho Hyun 
     Seong, Shin Yong Moon, Chun Jeih Ryu, and Hyo Jeong Hong
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1502-1513
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1502?etoc

Primary Differentiation in the Human Blastocyst: Comparative Molecular 
Portraits of Inner Cell Mass and Trophectoderm Cells
     James Adjaye, John Huntriss, Ralf Herwig, Alia BenKahla, Thore C. 
     Brink, Christoph Wierling, Claus Hultschig, Detlef Groth, Marie-Laure 
     Yaspo, Helen M Picton, Roger G. Gosden, and Hans Lehrach
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1514-1525
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1514?etoc

Electrophysiological Properties of Pluripotent Human and Mouse Embryonic 
Stem Cells
     Kai Wang, Tian Xue, Suk-Ying Tsang, Rika Van Huizen, Chun Wai Wong, 
     Kevin W. Lai, Zhaohui Ye, Linzhao Cheng, Ka Wing Au, Janet Zhang, 
     Gui-Rong Li, Chu-Pak Lau, Hung-Fat Tse, and Ronald A. Li
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1526-1534
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1526?etoc

Human ERas Gene Has an Upstream Premature Polyadenylation Signal That 
Results in a Truncated, Noncoding Transcript
     Takashi Kameda and James A. Thomson
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1535-1540
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1535?etoc

Essential Roles of Sphingosine-1-Phosphate and Platelet-Derived Growth 
Factor in the Maintenance of Human Embryonic Stem Cells
     Alice Pebay, Raymond C.B. Wong, Stuart M. Pitson, Ernst J. Wolvetang, 
     Gary S.-L. Peh, Adam Filipczyk, Karen L.L. Koh, Irene Tellis, Linh 
     T.V. Nguyen, and Martin F. Pera
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1541-1548
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1541?etoc

Stem Cell Characteristics of Amniotic Epithelial Cells
     Toshio Miki, Thomas Lehmann, Hongbo Cai, Donna B. Stolz, and Stephen 
     C. Strom
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1549-1559
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1549?etoc

Human Umbilical Cord Blood Progenitors: The Potential of These 
Hematopoietic Cells to Become Neural
     Ning Chen, Jennifer E. Hudson, Piotr Walczak, Iwona Misiuta, Svitlana 
     Garbuzova-Davis, Lixian Jiang, Juan Sanchez-Ramos, Paul R. Sanberg, 
     Tanja Zigova, and Alison E. Willing
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1560-1570
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1560?etoc

Transplantation of Endothelial Progenitor Cells Accelerates Dermal Wound 
Healing with Increased Recruitment of Monocytes/Macrophages and 
Neovascularization
     Wonhee Suh, Koung Li Kim, Jeong-Min Kim, In-Soon Shin, Young-Sam Lee, 
     Jae-Young Lee, Hyung-Suk Jang, Jung-Sun Lee, Jonghoe Byun, Jin-Ho 
     Choi, Eun-Seok Jeon, and Duk-Kyung Kim
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1571-1578
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1571?etoc

Biodegradable Polymer Composite Grafts Promote the Survival and 
Differentiation of Retinal Progenitor Cells
     Minoru Tomita, Erin Lavik, Henry Klassen, Tasneem Zahir, Robert 
     Langer, and Michael J. Young
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1579-1588
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1579?etoc

Hepatocyte Growth Factor Delivered by Ultrasound-Mediated Destruction of 
Microbubbles Induces Proliferation of Cardiomyocytes and Amelioration of 
Left Ventricular Contractile Function in Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy
     Masayoshi Iwasaki, Yasushi Adachi, Takashi Nishiue, Keizo Minamino, 
     Yasuhiro Suzuki, Yuming Zhang, Keiji Nakano, Yasushi Koike, Jianfeng 
     Wang, Hiromi Mukaide, Shigeru Taketani, Fumio Yuasa, Hirohito 
     Tsubouchi, Eiichi Gohda, Toshiji Iwasaka, and Susumu Ikehara
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1589-1597
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1589?etoc

Endowing Human Adenovirus Serotype 5 Vectors with Fiber Domains of Species 
B Greatly Enhances Gene Transfer into Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells
     Shoshan Knaan-Shanzer, Marloes J.M. van de Watering, Ietje van der 
     Velde, Manuel A.F.V. Goncalves, Dinko Valerio, and Antoine A.F. de 
     Vries
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1598-1607
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1598?etoc

A Novel Human Artificial Chromosome Vector Provides Effective Cell 
Lineage-Specific Transgene Expression in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells
     Xianying Ren, Motonobu Katoh, Hidetoshi Hoshiya, Akihiro Kurimasa, 
     Toshiaki Inoue, Fumiaki Ayabe, Kotaro Shibata, Junya Toguchida, and 
     Mitsuo Oshimura
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1608-1616
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1608?etoc

Simple and Efficient Isolation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells from H2K-zFP 
Transgenic Mice
     Didier Surdez, Beatrice Kunz, Amy J. Wagers, Irving L. Weissman, and 
     Alexey V. Terskikh
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1617-1625 Open Access
     OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1617?etoc

Murine Bone Marrow Stromal Cells Sustain In Vivo the Survival of 
Hematopoietic Stem Cells and the Granulopoietic Differentiation of More 
Mature Progenitors
     Frederique Hubin, Chantal Humblet, Zakia Belaid, Charles Lambert, 
     Jacques Boniver, Albert Thiry, and Marie-Paule Defresne
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1626-1633
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1626?etoc

Microarray Analysis of LIF/Stat3 Transcriptional Targets in Embryonic Stem 
Cells
     Dalila Sekkai, Gaetan Gruel, Magali Herry, Virginie Moucadel, Stefan 
     N. Constantinescu, Olivier Albagli, Diana Tronik-Le Roux, William 
     Vainchenker, and Annelise Bennaceur-Griscelli
     Stem Cells 2005;23 1634-1642
     http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/10/1634?etoc

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This message was sent to [email-masked].

Unsubscribe or edit your subscriptions for this service at:
  http://stemcells.alphamedpress.org/cgi/alerts/etoc
Or by mail:
 Customer Service * 1454 Page Mill Road * Palo Alto, CA 94304 * U.S.A.

_______________________________________________________________________
Copyright (c) 2005 by the AlphaMed Press.