Subject: We Will Find Him

From: "Anthony D. Romero, ACLU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:54:00 -0500 (CDT)

******************************
YOU CAN HELP FIND HIM
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=iGu6-4XOKfxmzeN8eXP3ag..
******************************

Dear ACLU Friends,

Last October, all of us at the ACLU vowed that we would leave no stone
unturned in our effort to reverse the newly-passed Military
Commissions Act -- an affront to our Constitution.

To preserve our American values of freedom and fairness, Congress must
act now to reverse this law and to begin to undo the damage done by
almost seven years of Bush Administration assaults on our civil
liberties.

That's why the ACLU is launching a major campaign to repair the
damage and restore the Constitution. As part of that effort,
we'll be doing all the things you expect the ACLU to do --
lobbying members of Congress, pursuing high-profile lawsuits, running
radio and newspaper ads, and more.

But, to be successful, we know we need to reach a broader audience and
get them involved in our work. So we're doing something a bit new for us, in an online campaign to raise awareness through a little character who's meant to embody the idea of habeas corpus. 

Let me introduce "Mr. Habeas Corpus."

You may have already seen him. As an unflagging champion of justice
and due process of law, Habeas has been looking out for us all. Now he
needs us to look out for him before the rights he has been protecting
for centuries are lost forever.

As part of the ACLU community, we wanted you to be the first to learn
about our Find Habeas outreach effort and the ACLU Campaign to Restore
Our Constitutional Rights.

Our goal is to engage as many people as possible in our campaign to
find Habeas Corpus and restore him to his rightful place in the
Constitution. We know that once the public learns all the facts, the
majority won't support laws that run counter to long-held
Constitutional principles.

That is where you come in. Your involvement -- your voice, your
network of friends and family -- is critical to this effort.

Please visit our Find Habeas website and find out how you can add your
voice to this effort. 

-- Tell your friends:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=bvPyWd7_pjN38qL6P9_dfA..

-- Check out the blog:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=yJL0hNvAVNJh-hR7FKtauA..

-- Download stickers and postcards:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=2CJMYsPrLPBd1NGVpF5I0Q..

-- Get involved:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=GdpnvEmBpEKtWPzY0s322A..

You'll be hearing more about how you can help in this effort in
the days and weeks to come. With your help, we can restore habeas
corpus and due process and win a victory for freedom and the
Constitution.

Sincerely,
Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director
American Civil Liberties Union

******************************
© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor New York, NY 10004

To unsubscribe from receiving ACLU email, or to change your email preferences, go to:
http://action.aclu.org/site/CO?i=STsSRTkfebqUHg0eIbkv60hGshMKiAbs&cid=0