Subject: Re: Who nose what evil lurks .... ?

From: 2 olari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

still sick. coughing up god-knows-what. but no more fever. tired, of course. and talking makes me cough uncontrollably. other than that, mrs. lincoln, how was the play? too tired to hit the shift key for caps.  g'nite. 

----- Original Message ----
From: David C. Harris <[email-masked]>
To: Stephanie Olari <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:10:55 AM
Subject: Re: Who nose what evil lurks .... ?

How is my friend with the golden Staph?  I hope you are at least well
enough to make a brief reply to this message.  Better, you should be
feeling better.

Hoping for your swift recovery,

  - David

David C. Harris wrote:

Dear Stephanie,

I hope we're not both too sick to communicate.  It was you who first
generated the possibility with "no way am i inhaling clorox".  I was
just playing with what it would take to write really unambiguous
instructions.  I didn't mean you were really considering inhaling
Clorox.  I just was trying to play with language and logic a little. 
I'm sorry I sounded insulting apparently. 

Become well,

  - David

2 olari wrote:

    Well,
DUH! (as my smart-ass daughter would put it. I know I look young, but I
really wasn't born yesterday--give me credit for not being so feverish
as to put a bleached/unrinsed bottle up my nose). And with that, I bid
you adieu! And hope to fall asleep and enjoy my fevered dreams.

    -----
Original Message ----

From: David C. Harris <[email-masked]>

To: 2 olari <[email-masked]>

Sent: Friday, March 9, 2007 7:41:56 AM

Subject: Re: Who nose what evil lurks .... ?

Ha!

That's what they told me in the class about making user interfaces: the
other person does not get the same message that I would get from an
interface, or from a written or other message.

OK, "the Clorox ONLY goes in the nasal washer, and that ONLY for a FEW
MINUTES, and then you WASH the nasal washer thoroughly FOR MANY
MINUTES, with REPEATED CHANGES of fresh water.  Then you can use the
nasal washer on YOUR nose." 

After writing the message last night, I went out today and bought 3 new
spray bottles at Orchard Supply.  For my bird flu preparedness.

Calm to your fevered mind,

  - David

2 olari wrote:

      and
no way am i inhaling clorox in my weakened condition.

      -----
Original Message ----

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>

To: 2 olari <[email-masked]>

Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2007 6:06:03 PM

Subject: Who nose what evil lurks .... ?

      Dear one,

I forgot to contact you last night.  Sorry.

You probably should sterilize the nasal washer, since I didn't.  Clorox

is my favorite antibacterial, and I bought a gallon in case of avian
flu 

making me want to sterilize things with a solution sprayer, like used
in 

gardening.

I hope your fever is down and you are recovering.  Here at my job we 

compared symptoms and decided that this viral thing lasts longer than 

usual colds.  I'm still  having funny aches and congestion in the nasal

passages.  Your Staph. aureus is a different and maybe worse critter,
of 

course.

Wishing you health ASAP,

   - David

      

       Get
your own web address.

Have a HUGE year through Yahoo!
Small Business.

    -- 
 David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
               GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 WGS system).
 NOTE!: NEW active account: [email-masked]  
        Active account WAS: [email-masked] 
 Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
 Lifetime e-mail forwarding account: [email-masked]
 Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                Medintrans
                                455 Margarita Ave.
                                Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827

    

    Finding fabulous fares is fun.

    Let
Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight
and hotel bargains.

  -- 
 David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
               GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 WGS system).
 NOTE!: NEW active account: [email-masked]  
        Active account WAS: [email-masked] 
 Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
 Lifetime e-mail forwarding account: [email-masked]
 Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                Medintrans
                                455 Margarita Ave.
                                Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827

-- 
 David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
               GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 WGS system).
 NOTE!: NEW active account: [email-masked]  
        Active account WAS: [email-masked] 
 Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
 Lifetime e-mail forwarding account: [email-masked]
 Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                Medintrans
                                455 Margarita Ave.
                                Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827

____________________________________________________________________________________
We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love 
(and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265