Subject: National Community Strategy, brief foreword

From: Brian Bogart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:58:25 -0700

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for the interesting article.

As I mentioned on Friday in my lecture, I believe we have three years  
to rally popular demand to get out of this mess.  (All my talks will  
soon be available on DVD, CD, and in text format on the  
strikeforpeace.org site, online 9/26.  Let me know if you have any  
public-access TV connections, so we can show these talks in your area  
-- I can send advanced copies.)

I have a National Community Strategy (to counter the Pentagon's  
National Defense Strategy for global domination) that points out how  
the public can persuade 310,000 companies and schools to pressure the  
Pentagon to change priorities within three years by making peace more  
popular than war, and by making domestic priorities and resource  
sharing more popular than global assertion for resource seizure.   
This would allow the peace movement to appeal to company executives  
along moral and consumer-demand lines rather than make enemies out of  
executives by targeting them personally.

I also have lists of every Pentagon-contracted company in every city,  
and if a peace movement becomes the trend, companies will want to  
please their customers AND keep their contracts with the Pentagon.   
So, forcing the Pentagon to adopt one change in priority -- to have a  
reasonable defense, drop the notion of outpacing all nations  
militarily, and transform our strategy into a global restoration  
operation for true world peace and healing -- is the best approach  
for mainstream Americans to take, and it is the only way off the path  
of destruction.

This will seem far-fetched to many today, but over the next months  
and years more people will see that peace is the only option for  
Americans to maintain a high standard of living.  We must use the  
common perception that our founding vision empowers the people, and  
press that to limit the power of war-profiteers.  That founding  
vision should drive the reinvention of America, redefining patriotism  
as global allegiance.  After all, Earth is our true homeland.

The campaign is going extremely well, and I have called for a campus- 
wide strike from noon to dusk on the first day of school, 9/26, since  
it is just a syllabus day and people can afford to skip classes.   
Thereafter I will stand and speak every day from noon to dusk and ask  
others to stand with me when convenient, and to take part in the  
information outreach campaign that will accompany the gathering of  
signatures all year.  THIS IS NOT JUST FOR SCHOOLS BY ANY MEANS, and  
I hope to get that point across as soon as possible.

I thank you for your support, and below is the address for any others  
who would like to help.  Folks who would like to help in others way  
can email me directly at [email-masked]

Thanks again, Jim, and best wishes,

Brian Bogart
CampU.S. Strike for Peace Campaign

Make checks to:
IntelligentFuture

And send to:
Strike for Peace
PO Box 3150
Eugene OR 97403