Subject: VMware Workstation 5.5 Beta Now Available

From: "The VMware Team" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:52:23 -0700

Announcing VMware Workstation 5.5 Beta 
  
Packed with new features and functionality! 
  
We are proud to announce the availability of VMware® Workstation 
5.5 Beta, the latest version of VMware's desktop application for 
software developers/testers and IT professionals. 
 
We have taken an exceptional product and improved it with new 
features and capabilities that increase individual productivity and 
flexibility. New capabilities include full support for select 64-bit 
guest operating systems and experimental support for 2-way 
Virtual SMP. 
 
Now we want to know what you think of it! As a beta tester, you 
can provide us with real-world testing and product feedback that will 
ensure the final release provides the functionality and quality that 
you expect from VMware Workstation. 
 
Download the beta: 
http://www.vmware.com/wl/info/1884/0
use it, and give us your feedback! 
 
Best Regards, 
 
The VMware Team 

Ready to take the next step in virtualization? VMTN Subscription
http://www.vmware.com/wl/info/1883/0 
is a powerful suite of VMware products, support and upgrades for 
use in development and test environments. For $299 per user annually, 
VMTN Subscription includes VMware Workstation, GSX Server, ESX Server 
Developer Edition with Virtual SMP and P2V Assistant. 

Learn More!
http://www.vmware.com/wl/info/1882/0 
 
Key new features in VMware Workstation 5.5: 
 -Full support for select 64-bit guest operating systems 
 -Experimental support for 2-way Virtual SMP 
 -New guest OS, host OS, and 32- and 64-bit hardware support 
 -Ability to open and convert Microsoft VMs or Norton Ghost 9 images 
 -Toolbar customization capabilities 
 -New wireless networking capabilities for Linux hosts 
 -Improved autodetect for configuring devices for virtual machines 
 -Enhanced command line interface 
 
Download Beta Software: 
http://www.vmware.com/wl/info/1884/0

VMware, Inc. 3145 Porter Drive Palo Alto CA 94304 USA Tel 650-475-5000
Copyright © 2005 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved. VMware is a
registered trademark of VMware, Inc. All other trademarks and names
mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.

______________________________________________________________________
This message was sent by VMware using Responsys Interact.

Safely unsubscribe from VMware e-mail at any time:
    http://vmware.rsc02.net/servlet/optout?OtPpDWUWDAEKoHkkplVWXFtpgKlikpgnDJhtEf

View our permission marketing policy:
    http://vmware.rsc02.net/servlet/pp/1?u=http://vmware.rsc02.net/servlet/optout?OtPpDWUWDAEKoHkkplVWXFtpgKlikpgnDJhtEf