Subject: Re: It's too good to be true.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:44:07 EST

Bill, I too like the "hypocracy-exposee" part. 

"Political correctness"--be it corporate or social-- is such a conversation 
ender. When I have lived (or traveled) abroad, people are dumbfounded by those 
issues that "we, in the U.S, are not allowed to even discuss from all sides." 
(Note: I have decided not to list the issues to which I refer because I am 
afraid/embarrassed to do so.) And we, as a society, are not even aware of the 
cultural box we are in. 

So thanks for sending--and explaining. I wonder if we Humanists are really up 
for full-blown intellectual honesty. Marc could be interesting.

Mickie

---

From: Humanists <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:55:25 -0800

Hi Mickie,

Seeing and hearing other people in other countries within their normal
non-orchestrated enviroment certainly undermines what national decision and
opinion MAKERS usually make us to believe.

Part of the problem is when most Americans go out of this country, they are
chaperoned by the travel industry or in business to get foreign labor or
products  as cheaply as possible. So they have little chance to understand what
the foreigners really think.

Bill