Subject: [Fwd: Sujiatun Death Camp: Putting Conscience On Trial]

From: Info Person <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:20:02 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Sujiatun Death Camp: Putting Conscience On Trial
Date: 	Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:17:57 +0800
From: 	Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Logo <http://falunhr.org>

If you cannot view this page, please click here.
<http://falunhr.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1495&Itemid=>

/By Shizhong Chen/

Please remember the name: Sujiatun. It will one day be as infamous as
Auschwitz and Dachau.

	<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/SJTHospital1.jpg>

The National Traditional Chinese Medicine Thrombus Treatment Center in
Shenyang City. According to a former nurse who worked there, the
Sujiatun death camp is in an underground complex connected to this
hospital.

	<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/SJTHospital2.jpg>
<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/SJTHospital3.jpg>

The furnace unit on the southwest side of the hospital. There are two
doors leading to the underground complex of the Sujiatun death camp.
According to the witnesses, the remains of Falun Gong practitioners are
incinerated here after their organs are extracted.

On March 8, 2006, a Chinese journalist on the run from the Chinese
communist regime disclosed to Falun Gong practitioners in the United
States some appalling news: a secret death camp in Sujiatun, Shenyang
City, Liaoning Province in China.

According to this journalist, over 6,000 Falun Gong practitioners have
been taken to Sujiatun. "I believe that once they are in they 100%
cannot come back out," the journalist said. He also disclosed that there
are incineration chambers and a large number of doctors there. "Why are
there incineration chambers there? Why are there so many doctors inside?
Certainly not for the benevolent treatment of prisoners. Something you
simply cannot imagine..."

"The prisoners, the Communist Party definitely will not let them just
waste food there. Why are they there then? ... They will all be
murdered, and all their organs will be harvested and distributed to
hospitals. The sale of human organs is a vastly profitable trade in China."

Falun Gong practitioners are not the only victims of such crimes. One
week after the journalist's disclosure, a former nurse whose ex-husband
had taken part in harvesting organs from Falun Gong practitioners also
stepped forward to testify:

"I used to work at the Liaoning Thrombus Treatment Center, which was
next to the concentration camp. My ex-husband had taken part in removing
corneas from Falun Gong practitioners. This brought disaster to my family."

"In early 2001, my husband was assigned by the hospital to secretly
remove corneas from Falun Gong practitioners. He hid this from me at the
beginning, but slowly I sensed he was in great agony, had nightmares
often, and was always stressed. After my repeated inquiries, he told me
the truth in 2003."

"He knew they were Falun Gong practitioners. Every doctor who took part
knew. They were told that eliminating Falun Gong was not a crime, but
helping the Communist Party to do 'cleansing.' Those who were taken in
on the operating tables were anesthetized. Elderly people or children
were mostly used for harvesting corneas."

"At the time when my ex-husband told me about this, he could no longer
bear the torment of doing such evil things, and decided to leave China
to escape the horror. He said to me: you cannot possibly know my
despair, because those Falun Gong practitioners were still alive. It was
different from removing organs from dead people - they were alive."

"Because of this, I divorced him. I said to him: you are done with your
career; you will not be able to hold a scalpel in the future."

"I know there are still Falun Gong practitioners in that hospital," this
nurse said in the end. "I hope this crime can be exposed to the
international society as quickly as possible, so their lives can be
saved. I also hope, through my disclosure, to atone my relative's crime."

<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/ZuoZhigang.jpg>	

*Mr. Zuo Zhigang*, a 33-year-old, worked at a computer company in
Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province. On May 30, 2001, the Shijiazhuang City
police and the "610 Office" arrested him. They beat him to death on the
same day at the Qiaoxi District Police Station. His corpse was covered
with scars. One of his ears was dark purple and there were two large
square shaped holes on the back of his torso. There was a mark on his
neck showing that a string had been pulled tightly around it.

<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/RenPengwu.jpg>	

*Mr. Ren Pengwu* from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. On February
16, 2001, he was arrested by the Hulan County police and thereafter
detained in the Hulan County Second Detention Center. Before dawn on
February 21, he was killed and all internal organs, from pharynx and
larynx to lower body, were removed. The authorities hastily cremated his
remains afterwards.

<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/WangYunjie.jpg>

At around 3:00 p.m. on May 14, 2002, two policemen arrested *Ms. Wang
Yunjie* because she practiced Falun Gong. In December 2002, after
depriving her of sleep for many days, the police tore her shirt open and
shocked her breasts with two electric batons for 30 minutes. Then they
forced her to stand up for the whole night. They tore some bed sheets,
tied her legs in a painful cross-legged position, handcuffed her arms
behind her back, and tied her upper body down to her legs and made her
looked like a ball. Then they suspended her in the air by the handcuffs
for seven hours. The pain was excruciating. Afterward Ms. Wang could no
longer straighten her back and could not sit straight. The electric
shocks disfigured her breasts and she eventually developed serious
infections. When the camp realized she was dying, they ordered her
family to pay 2000 Yuan for her release.

<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/WangXia.jpg>

*Ms. Wang Xia* was sentenced to seven years in a forced labor camp. She
went on a hunger strike to protest the torture. As a result, the guards
force-fed her, leaving the tubes in her esophagus for 7 to 14 days at a
time. They tied her to a bed so she could not move, injected her with
unknown drugs, and hung her up to beat her. . In July 2004, after so
much torture, she weighed only 45 pounds, lapsed in and out of
consciousness, showed signs of severe mental disorder, and had lost her
memory. She was then released from the camp. Because her case was
exposed on overseas websites, she "disappeared" in September 2005.

<http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/WangBin_torture.jpg>	

*Mr. Wang Bin*, was arrested for appealing to the government and was
detained at Dongfeng Xinchun Labor Camp. On the night of September 27,
2000, the guards at the labor camp told five prisoners they would
receive reduced sentences if they beat him hard enough and they would be
punished if they did not. The beating broke Mr. Wang's neck and major
blood vessels, his tonsils were injured, his lymph nodes were crushed
and several bones were fractured. There were bruises all over his body.
He lost consciousness right on the scene. When he was finally taken to
Daqing People's Hospital, it was too late to save him. On the night of
October 4, 2000, Mr. Wang passed away at age 47. However, two of
hospital's doctors took out his heart and brain. The photo shows that
his body had been cut open.

The victims are not even limited to Chinese. It is an open secret that
China has become the world capital of organ transplantation, and ships
human organs to nearby countries such as Thailand. Tens of thousands
from different parts of the world have received organ transplants in
China and Thailand, being assured that the organs have been legally
obtained. How will they and their surgeons feel when they learn about
the barbaric organ harvesting, even if the organs harvested from Falun
Gong practitioners turn out to account for a portion of all human organs
used in transplant operations? Is there a way for them to remove the
doubt? Will they want to find out? Or will they bear that doubt and
forever avoid mentioning "transplanted in China"?

Another doctor recently stated that extracting organs from living
prisoners is common across China. How many more camps like Sujiatun exist?

It was precisely because we abhor such appalling crimes that humanity
vowed "Never again!" after the shock of the Holocaust. Yet, as this vow
is still ringing in the ears of Holocaust survivors, we are in for
another shock - or are we? How do we explain to ourselves and our
children that we have watched the systematic eradication of Falun Gong
for more than six years and allowed it to escalate to the emergence of
human organ harvesting factories like Sujiatun?

It is not due to a lack of information. Ever since July 1999, Falun Gong
practitioners in China have been taking great risks to collect and send
abroad, on a daily basis, detailed information on the extensive and
severe human rights violations committed by the Chinese communist
regime. Falun Gong practitioners overseas have worked their hardest to
disseminate this information to governments, media, opinion leaders, the
United Nations, and the general public to appeal for their attention.

	<http://www.falunhr.org/index.php?option=content&task=category&id=111&sectionid=8&Itemid=> 

*United Nation's Reports*

It is not because the information is unsubstantiated. In the past few
years, many Special Rapporteurs of the United Nations Human Rights
Commission have cited in their annual reports numerous cases of torture
and killing of Falun Gong practitioners by the Chinese regime. Special
Rapporteur Asma Jahangir wrote in her 2003 report: "The cruelty and
brutality of these alleged acts of torture defy description." On October
15, 2004, seven Special Rapporteurs sent a joint letter to China to
express their concern about the persecution of Falun Gong. These Special
Rapporteurs are the most-respected authorities on human rights. Their
findings and opinions on the Chinese regime's persecution of Falun Gong
have been reprinted to thousands upon thousands of copies and submitted
to world governments and media.

History, unfortunately, repeats itself. Just as the Holocaust
information provided by Jewish groups was cast aside or downplayed
because of the "unsubstantiated nature of the information" and its
"prejudiced sources," information from Falun Gong practitioners has
received the same fate. History has also shown that all major atrocities
occurred when there was not enough media exposure, when perilous signals
were ignored because they were "incomplete" or "unsubstantiated" or from
"prejudiced sources" - when evildoers' deceits prevail, when the silence
allows the evildoers to carry on unnoticed and unhindered.

History, however, never duplicates itself exactly.

There is no major military or ideological confrontation in the world
now. While the Allies did not have their focus on saving the Holocaust
victims, at least they were fighting the Nazis and determined to win the
war. We do not have that excuse now. On the contrary, we are apparently
determined to win the market in China.

Technology is far more advanced now than it was in WWII, and we do not
even need to be at Auschwitz or Buchenwald to know what is going on
there. If 6,000 people have been taken in to Sujiatun and none has come
out, how hard is it to see from surveillance satellites the suspicious
traffic going in and out to figure out that it is a death camp?

There are now many international human rights laws that were not
available before the Nuremberg trials, and there are now many
surveillance and protection mechanisms implemented by the United
Nations. How hard is it to demand an international investigation into
the serious claim of the death camp's existence? What were those
international human rights laws established for?

We do not always ignore incomplete or unsubstantiated information from
China, however. When Dr. Jiang Yanyong disclosed the Chinese regime's
deadly lies about the SARS epidemic, the retired doctor's letter to the
media contained only what he had heard from his colleagues. Did the
world hesitate for a second because the information was "incomplete" or
"unsubstantiated"? Why didn't the information's incompleteness prevent
decisive action by the international community? In fact, his letter was
sent only to Chinese media, but Western media got hold of it and
publicized it. Why does the world react so differently to the SARS news
and the Sujiatun news, both of life-and-death importance? Isn't it
because Sujiatun is about other people's lives?

If that is not enough to make us look at the selfish side of our
humanity, consider this: if Sujiatun happened anywhere else other than
China, whether in democratic countries or in North Korea, Sudan, or
Cuba, it would have caused major outcries. Only the human greed for
economic gains from China has kept the Sujiatun death camp from being an
international issue.

"The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated,
so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate
their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated."
Justice Jackson knew the legacy that the Nuremberg trials would leave
behind when he drafted his opening speech. If he have lived to see the
post-Nuremberg wrongs, he might have been more introspective and lead a
trial on human conscience and how it could allow the wrongs to continue
to happen.

/If you would like to publish our article, please write to:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>/

*To sign the online petition:*

http://falunhr.org/te/index.php?signature=1〈=en
<http://falunhr.org/te/index.php?signature=1&lang=en>

Dear citizens of the world,

This is our first joint newsletter between the Falun Gong Human Rights
Working Group and the Conscience Foundation.

Many of you, after reading shocking stories of the Chinese regime's
barbaric torture and killing of Falun Gong practitioners, have asked:
"Why did we not know?" and "What can we do?" Your questions and comments
made us realize that exposing the evil is not enough and that we must
put conscience in action. We therefore have decided to form the
Conscience Foundation to provide a broad base for people to speak up for
human conscience, and adopted "conscience in action" as our motto.

Our announcement is pushed forward by some shocking news about organ
harvesting from live Falun Gong practitioners in the Sujiatun death camp
in China (see the article above). While we apologize for our hastily
designed website (http://www.consciencefoundation.org), in response to
the shocking news, we urge you to take action to:

    1. Spread the news to your friends. If we all do it, this people's
       medium will be more powerful than those news conglomerates who
       care more about their Chinese market;

    2. Contact your governments to demand that they conduct an
       international investigation on the Sujiatun death camp;

       *For U.S. government contact:

       U.S. Department of State *
       http://www.state.gov
       2201 C Street NW
       Washington, DC 20520
       +1 (202) 647-4000
       +1 (202) 647-6803 (China Desk)

       Finding U.S. government representatives, please go to below website:
       http://www.congress.org

    3. Contact the United Nations Secretary-General Mr. Kofi Annan and
       High Commissioner for Human Rights Ms. Louise Arbour, and demand
       an urgent intervention from their offices:

       *Hon. Kofi Annan, Secretary-General*
       United Nations Headquarters
       First Avenue at 46th Street
       New York, NY 10017
       Press Office: (509) 510-2563 ext.: 6343
       [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

       *Louise Arbour
       UN High Commissioner for Human Rights*
       1211 Geneva 10 Switzerland
       Spokesperson:      +41 (22) 917-9375
       Press Relations:     +41 (22) 917-3309
       External Relations: +41 (22) 917-3965
       Fax:                      +41 (22) 917-0092
       [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

    4. Contact delegations of the International Committee of the Red
       Cross in your area and ask for their intervention: 
http://www.icrc.org

You can find other action plans on our website, and we will keep you
posted as we develop more action plans.

For conscience,

The Conscience Foundation

*Picture Exhibit:*

http://falunhr.org/te/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Background Information*

What is Falun Gong?
<http://falunhr.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=394&Itemid=84>
Why the persecution in China?
<http://falunhr.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=390&Itemid=78>
Current situation of the persecution in China <http://falunhr.org>

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please click here
<http://falunhr.org/unsub.php>

*Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group
9974 Scripps Ranch Blvd. #228, San Diego, California, 92131, United States
Phone: 619-280-5177, Fax: 619-280-4931, E-mail: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> *