Subject: [extropy-chat] The war on aging...

From: "Robert Bradbury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:28:23 -0500

Some of you may have already seen the online petition for "Indefinite Life
Extension".

I like the petition if only for the reason that I can read it in a single
screen (no scrolling required).
It is *not* dealing with the question of "immortality" which raises all
kinds of open questions.
It *is* dealing with the question that every single human on the planet has
been dealt a genomic "hand" which was not designed to optimize life, liberty
and the pursuit of happiness.  *And* the fact that we now (only within the
last decade) have developed the ability to read the cards.  And more
importantly we now know we can influence the dealer and that the cards that
have been dealt are open to being exchanged (Prior to this time one didn't
even know whether what the dealer was dealing was good or bad.)

There have been a few instances in the history of humanity where one has the
opportunity to choose.  *We* said "no taxation without representation". *We*
said "are, and henceforward shall be free".  *We* said " We choose to go to
the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other
things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard".  We did all
of those things.  I encourage you to consider that we should do this.

If so, you may wish to sign the petition for "Indefinite Life Extension".

http://www.petitiononline.com/CEL/petition.html

Robert
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat