Subject: [AthofSV] Re: chubs for god

From: "Gavin Impett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:50:21 -0000

Hi all,
on separate occations, I've had the light-tunnel experience, the out
of body experience, the "born-again" experience, even been walked on
by the hoofed one and felt his breath on my face. Ah, such are the
joys. As someone who's been there, done that, it's hard for me to see
how people end up as atheists - without, ahem, a grounding in
Darwinian thinking. 

Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan is a good place to start.

Below an article on altruism

Keep in mind, this is the Washington Post, seeped in Godliness -
meaning this startling new discovery has been known about since the
early 1960's. (minus brain-scans) These days the blanket title for
scientific-based altruism is called Sociobiology, named for E.O.
Wilson's 1975 book of same name.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/27/AR2007052701056.html

Gavin
--- In [email-masked], Ben Baumgartner <esd@...> wrote:
>
> Monica,
> 
> I try to find explanations for such mind changing events like the 
> atheist woman that took communion and then became religious and 
> eventually a priest of that church. 
> 
> If blood chemistry was able to be measured, I feel we would see the 
> chemical output of the brain cells change and that can produce changes 
> in our emotions. 
> .... It is amazing what people's minds can make them believe. I just
saw 
> a documentary about a woman who was an atheist but one day she entered 
> this cathedral and had a conversion experience because some woman
handed 
> her a piece of bread. Suddenly she believed! Can you imagine? .... The 
> mind is a terrible thing.
> 
> Monica
>