Subject: We All Have a Stake

From: "Anthony D. Romero, ACLU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:07:10 -0600 (CST)

***********************************************************
WE ALL HAVE A STAKE 
>From the Desk of Anthony D. Romero 
Executive Director, ACLU
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=djfV8E8J9q7jOzZJHyhvOQ..
*********************************************************** 

Dear David,

When asked why she is a member of the ACLU, Barbara from Oregon summed
it up:

"We all have a stake in this democracy."

Over the last week, hundreds of ACLU members like Barbara have shared
their thoughts about why being a member is so important to them.
We've been touched and overwhelmed by the hundreds of moving
responses we've received. Read what other members are saying
here

http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=RgrWexZE9VsJucarzeXASw..

Our members' words tell a story about the true fabric of
America. They make me proud about the work we do fighting for our
liberties -- ending warrantless surveillance, restoring due process
and habeas corpus, protecting religious freedom and much more.

After you've read other members' stories, send an eCard to
your friends and family, telling them why you're a member of the
ACLU. Your inspiration could convince a neighbor or friend to take the
important step of becoming an ACLU member. Share your story with
freedom loving friends, relatives and colleagues.
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=bMONri2zLWbe2a2xb0HYfQ..

We'll be posting many of your contributions online, so that
others can come to understand what you and I already know -- that the
ACLU's strength is everyday people from all walks of life in
every state.

Thank you again,
Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director
ACLU

*********************************************************** 
We've been touched and overwhelmed by the hundreds
of stories we've received about why people join the ACLU.

"My name is Adam and I am almost seventeen. I live in a small
city about twenty minutes north of Salt Lake City. I am a
card-carrying member of the ACLU for many reasons. I believe in the
Constitution, I believe in the Bill of Rights, I believe in this
country and its principles."
- Adam G., Utah

Read more stories here:

http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=19KyQ794PL3UvaZElE0ogA..
*********************************************************** 

© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor New York, NY 10004

To unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences:
http://action.aclu.org/site/CO?i=mnkxG1JR-UYeBmU75RY8kuvM9nyDnqr8&cid=0