Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Crazy Wealthy Space Enthusiasts?

From: "Robert Bradbury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:04:16 -0500

On 3/8/06, Amara Graps <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> I am a bit isolated here, and am not in a good
> position to know, except that I know they are rare (!). Paul Allen is
> one. Can anyone here suggest others?

Jeff Bezos and Mark Shuttleworth are two.  Then there is the  hotel guy in
Vegas (and now Houston I think).  There are at least 3, maybe 4 companies
working on cheap access to space.  Somebody (wikipedia?) must have a page
listing all of them.

Paul Allen doesn't really qualify as he is to the best of my knowledge only
supporting the SETI project (:-(...) and doesn't have an active effort
related to space "access" to the best of my knowledge.

One place to start would be the Forbes lists of the richest people in the
U.S. and the World (they are two distinct lists).  They publish the
reshuffled lists every year I think.

Obviously a company could get some great press by launching a satellite that
"NASA left behind..."

Robert
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat