Subject: Re: Stock market sell-off not over, strategist warnsYang Kaisheng, president of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:29:22 -0800 (PST)

All,

Acording to Yang's PPP presentation, ICBC has world-class risk analysis,
dropped its non-performing loans from 26% TO 1.9% (by moving to better
sectors and away from steel), partners with Goldman-Sacks, American
Express, and a large American insurance company, and has all the
management trappings that MBA schools teach. It was the largest IPO ever.
However, it is 70% government owned, 17% private investors, and 7%
partners.

He spoke for 30 minutes in clear English, but answered questions in Mandrin.

BF

*************************************************************************

ICBC: Embracing the International Capital Market

Yang Kaisheng, president of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,
will first give a general introduction to ICBC in terms of its market
leader position, strengths and competitive edge, brand value and
innovation. He will also give a condensed account on ICBC's reform and
transformation efforts during the past years, including its financial
restructuring, introduction of strategic investors, and the initial public
offering. The lecture will outline how ICBC has successfully converted
itself into a public listed bank which accepts the test of international
capital markets. Through the lecture the audience will also be able to
obtain first hand information on ICBC's business mix, corporate
governance, risk culture, and its development targets and future
strategies.

The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) is the largest
commercial bank in China with approximately USD 880 billion in total
assets. It has some 18,000 offices globally, including nearly 100 offices
in countries and territories in Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the
Americas. ICBC conducted its initial public offering in October 2006,
which was the largest IPO ever in the world. Today ICBC's shares are
traded in both the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Stock Exchange.

Mr. YANG Kaisheng started his career by working in the areas of industrial
production technology and cost budget management for ten years prior to
joining ICBC in October 1985. Prior to his current position, he was vice
president and member of the management committee of ICBC. Mr. Yang
graduated from the Beijing College of Chemical Technology and received a
doctorate in economics from Wuhan University in 2000. He is an adjunct
professor at Wuhan University and serves as a deputy director of the 16th
Committee of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration
Commission. Mr. Yang also currently serves ICBC as executive director and
vice chairman of the board of directors and chairman of the board of ICBC
Credit Suisse Asset Management Co., Ltd.

Co-sponsored by the GSB Greater China Business Club (GCBC) and Forum for
American/Chinese Exchange at Stanford (FACES)

Date and Time:
 Monday, March 5, 2007.  5:15 PM.
Approximate duration of 1.25 hour(s).
Location:
Bishop Auditorium, GSB South Building, first floor  [Map]
URL:
http://ceas.stanford.edu