Subject: [extropy-chat] Aging as a function of bone marrow degradation

From: Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:25:22 -0600

That scenario is one of the more doable ways to introduce steady-state 
evolution.

The biological cycle of humans today is more like the big bang universe.
What it will take to convert a big bang universe into an ongoing steady 
state one is the task at hand , so to speak.

Modification of individual genes or structures like mitochondria 
utilizing an organ that can be removed and replaced
like bone marrow is a good way to test out the baby steps that will lead 
to more grandiose schemes.

The ability to create an evolutionary process that acts as a life boat 
to other systems  does not require the
dramatic advances that would be needed to make advanced  whole body  
therapeutic regeneration a workable
possibility.

For someone like me who is 50, I'd like to see the real but simple over 
the dramatic.
 From a selfish point of view, I'd like to bootstrap nutritional 
augmentation for 15 more years but have some kind
of realistic expectation that such a technique as bone marrow based 
systemic modification be available.
Perhaps that might get me another 15 years, at which time I would be in 
need of something more dramatic.

Without the bridge, it does not reall matter if the dramatic is 
available in 40 years as I may be a lost biological cause by then.

It's all relative to where you are on the depreciation  schedule to 
determine if there will be a rebuild or if you
will be written off and go to the wrecking/recycling yard.

MFJ
_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat