Subject: A family situation

From: Brian Bogart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:30:05 -0700

Dear All,

As most of you know, I have been lovingly following the progress of  
my brother, Scott.  Indeed, my graduate work is in part motivated by  
my desire to see that he is properly cared for.  This is one primary  
reason that the nature of my efforts are so ambitious, and consist of  
two mainstream books (and screenplays) that follow closely on the  
heels of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth," using materials covering  
1946 to 2006 recently obtained in compliance with my FOIA request to  
the Pentagon.

I am delighted to say that Scott's health has stabilized, and his  
ability to communicate has very much improved over the last year or  
so, thanks to an upgrade in the quality of medicinal care.

He has a great deal of pride and does not take lightly the notion of  
asking for family help when an emergency arises, especially so  
because he is quite cognizant that he overused this notion in  
previous decades.

Therefore, I am writing to you in an attempt to raise enough funds  
($180 total) to mitigate an immediate health problem Scott faces.   
His glasses were broken when he was attacked in the Mission District,  
and he must also purchase new orthotics (special boots) to avoid  
serious spinal repercussions.  (I have the same condition: two  
ruptured lumbar discs that are highly susceptible to aggravation if I  
do not use special orthotics, made necessary after foot surgery in  
2004.)  Scott has one leg that is two inches shorter than the other,  
due to a traffic accident many years ago.

He has saved about $50, so this is an appeal for assistance in  
raising the other $130.  If you would care to contribute, please mail  
checks to me, and I will send him a money order for the total I  
receive.  My address is:

2365 Cal Young Road #18
Eugene, OR 97401

(Make checks payable to myself or Intelligent Future.)

On a personal note, I am now in the final production phase of my twin  
thesis projects: companion book-and-screenplay works (one fiction, "A  
Human Race," and one nonfiction, "America Declassified"), which are  
in the hands of director Robert Greenwald and Brave New Films.   
Thanks to winning the extremely competitive Diversity Award for  
tuition -- the first "Caucasian" graduate student to receive the  
honor -- I have the luxury of staying in school (at home writing full- 
time, actually) for one more year.  Thus, the projected thesis  
completion date is June 2008 (with film production to begin soon  
after).  The caveat is that I must raise $15,000 for living expenses,  
and have applied for more than a dozen scholarships, though none will  
cover my summer-term budget needs of $3000.

This is not a request for financial help for me.  However, if anyone  
is interested, project descriptions are available upon request.

After graduation, it is my intention to provide Scott with all the  
extra lifelong care he needs through my financial rewards.  This  
will, as well, no doubt be of some comfort to the rest of our family.

Love and best wishes,

Brian

Brian Bogart
Diversity Scholar
M.A. Candidate, Peace Studies
University of Oregon