Subject: [Fwd: Text to "Friends and Supporters" (~330 in late September)]

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:53:38 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Text to "Friends and Supporters" (~330 in late September)
Date: 	Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:15:51 +0000
From: 	David Harris <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

                                Darwin Day Celebration
                                Redwood City, CA, USA
                                Date: Sept. 26, 2005

Dear TITLE NNNNN,

Thank you for visiting our website www.darwinday.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/> during the past year and providing us with
your name and e-mail address and often additional information, so that
we could send you updates about Darwin Day activity.  We are now in the
process of updating our records for 2006.  If your name and e-mail
address are correct *please confirm by replying to this message,* using
the e-mail account that received it.  If you wish us to use a different
e-mail address please provide it for us to use in the future.

The staff here at www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> has been
very busy this past year and we are pleased to report that the Darwin
Day organization has greatly improved its website and our ability to
communicate with large numbers of people.  This ability will allow us to
encourage the development of many more Darwin Day Celebrations worldwide
on Charles Darwin's Birthday -- February 12.  We are also pleased to
invite you to read the new information we have recently posted and that
will be frequently updated on the Darwin Day Web site home page under
"*Don't Miss These Current Articles."*  In addition, there are
improvements to be found in most sections of the website.  For instance
under *News & Views* we have recently added statements and essays that
support evolution and the need to celebrate Darwin, Science and Humanity
-- so do take a little time to read a few!

Finally we have introduced a section on the Home page on the *Two
Emancipators* that were born on the same day in the same year; Abraham
Lincoln, emancipator of the American slaves and Charles Darwin,
emancipator of the human mind.  This item is further developed in essays
on the website at darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html
<http://darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html> .

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3
corporation.
http://www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>

P.S.  If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail
at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , using
the account you want unsubscribed.  If that is not possible, send from
another account with a message that tells your old e-mail address and
the e-mail where we can verify that you really want our messages stopped.

You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail
clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682
Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City, CA  94063, USA".