Subject: Save a Penguin - Unplug a Linux Server Today

From: Sun Microsystems <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

You are receiving this email at [email-masked] 
because you elected to receive general communications from Sun 
Microsystems, Inc. To update your communications preferences, please 
see the links at the bottom of this message. We respect your privacy 
and post our privacy policy prominently on our Web site: 
http://www.sun.com/privacy 
 
Who knew that demand for web services would grow this fast? We did. 
 
-Save a Penguin -- unplug a Linux server- 
We're so sure you will want to unplug a Linux server after seeing 
what Sun has to offer, you could win a Fire X2100 server just for 
considering Sun. 
http://communications1.sun.com/r/c/r?2.1.3J1.2Tc.11Hawu.C2qSYi..T.ERzQ.1gRc.HNCEeA00 
 
Why run Solaris on Sun Servers in your Web tier? Who wouldn't 
want to: 
* Decrease power consumption by 80% 
* Reduce space needs by up to 95% 
* Improve performance and throughput dramatically 
 
Linux x86-based servers have enjoyed success in the Web tier by 
delivering UNIX capabilities in a low-cost, open-source platform. 
However, power-hungry commodity Linux servers are driving up costs as 
companies continue to build-out Web tier infrastructures 
horizontally. Yesterday's cost-cutting solutions, inexpensive 
servers, are today's resource wasters. High-growth Linux Web 
infrastructures are inefficient, costly, and difficult to manage. 
 
-Solaris offers one thing Linux does -- and 600 things it doesn't- 
The Solaris OS is free and open source -- same as Linux. But the 
benefits of the OpenSolaris community are just the beginning -- from 
industry-first features to trusted, reliable support, Solaris is the 
world's most advanced, enterprise-class, free and open source 
Operating System offering: 
 
* Unmatched security -- complete fault and security isolation 
 
* Vastly superior availability features compared to Linux, with 
clustering and disaster recovery built-in 
 
* Unique guaranteed binary compatibility, ensuring enterprise 
applications will work with each revision of the Solaris OS 
 
* Industry-leading virtualization capabilities spanning hardware 
partitions, virtual machines, OS partitioning, and 
resource management 
 
* Low-cost licensing and support options 
 
* CoolStack -- Solaris AMP -- a collection of the most commonly used 
free and open source applications, optimized for Sun Fire servers 
based on CoolThreads and x64 technology running the Solaris OS 
 
* Dynamic Tracing, Zetabyte File System and so much more! 
 
-Migrate to Solaris today!- 
Sun offers a disruption-free migration path from the difficulties of 
a Linux platform to the ease and value of a Solaris 10 solution. 
Start with our 60-day, no cost, risk-free evaluation. It's the 
simplest way to experience the breakthrough performance of Sun's Web 
tier solutions. Add in free Solaris 10 Training and proven migration 
tools and you're on your way! 
 
Run the Solaris OS on Sun servers and you'll dramatically reduce 
demand for cooling, power, and space in the datacenter while 
delivering superior performance to more users! 
 
Register to win a Sun Fire X2100 server and get started today. 
http://communications1.sun.com/r/c/r?2.1.3J1.2Tc.11Hawu.C2qSYi..T.ERzQ.1gRc.HNCEeA00 
 
If you have any questions or feedback, please send a message 
to [email-masked]. 

Thank you, 
 
Sun Microsystems 
 
----------------------------- 
 
(c) 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For information 
on Sun's trademarks see: http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks 
 
To unsubscribe from this list, reply to this message with 
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line or use this link: 
http://communications1.sun.com/r/c/r?2.1.3J1.2Tc.11Hawu.C2qSYi..T.ERzS.1gRc.HSWEeC00 
 
To manage your Sun subscriptions, visit the Subscription Center: 
http://communications1.sun.com/r/c/r?2.1.3J1.2Tc.11Hawu.C2qSYi..T.ERzU.1gRc.HYKEeE00 
 
Sun Microsystems, 15 Network Circle, Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA