Subject: Re: Success with the UU/freethought/atheist e-mails!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:39:33 EST

Arthur: 
 
David is making headway at getting to a place where we will be able to send  
the letters out with mail-merg technology so now we need a letter to send. I'm 
 hoping that you will be able to give us a draft to work on by tomorrow -- is 
 that going to be possible? What we need is a brief letter to go out to the  
people that you communicated with last year as a reminder that a year has gone 
 by etc. I have looked at the one you sent out last year and of course it has 
a  lot of info that won't need to be repeated this year. If you can do this  
Arthur it will be a great help. By the way we want to sent it out as coming  
from you as VP of the organization.
 
Thanks Arthur;
Bob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:43:54 EST

Subject: Count Down to Darwin's 200th  Birthday!

Dear Dr. title and name:

As a fellow  scientist, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th 
birthday will occur  on February 12th 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is a 
nonprofit  organization designed to promote an International Celebration 
of Science and  Humanity on, or near Feb. 12th each year as we move 
towards 2009. Darwin and  the theory of evolution are being used as 
symbols of scientific progress,  and our goal is to achieve a Global 
Celebration by 2009. Currently, events  are being registered on our 
website for 2005.

The purpose of  this letter is to invite you to visit our 'all new' 
website at  http://www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  --  and  
then to consider joining many others in this constructive 
educational  effort. Our website offers extensive information to assist 
you in developing  ideas for a 'celebration' that is suitable for 
your own unique  circumstances.  

Supporters include prominent scientists,  educators, philosophers, and 
writers such as: Patrick Bateson, Provost,  Kings College, 
Cambridge; Edward O. Wilson, Harvard University; Richard  Dawkins, Oxford 
University; Daniel C. Dennett, Tufts University; Steven  Pinker,  MIT; Helena 
Cronin, London School of Economics; Eugenie Scott,  National 
Center for Science Education; Steve Jones, Univ. College London;  and 
many others. We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic  
participant in this project.

Sincerely Yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,  
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the  Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
_http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/)  

PS If  you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration,  simply reply to this e-mail at 
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])  
 <mailto:[email-masked]>.