Subject: This Sunday's Humanist Forum: Human Rights Under Siege

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:53:41 -0400

This Sunday's Humanist Community Forum (at 11am at Mitchell Park 
Community Center) is described below. The Mitchell Park Community is 
located at 3800 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, Just north of Charleston 
Road.

Mar 25: Human Rights Under Siege
Is the notion of universal human rights just another example of 
philosophical naivetéé, Enlightenment arrogance, Western cultural 
imperialism, even anti-religious, secular humanism? Across the 
Atlantic, on the very date this talk occurs, an important anniversary 
in the struggle for human rights and secular government will be marked 
with a new controversy. Learn what this means to you and how humanists 
can respond. Fred Edwords, the Director of Communications (and former 
Executive Director) of the American Humanist Association, will discuss 
these issues.
For this lecture, Fred Edwords requests that if possible you prepare 
yourself for his program by reading:
... Thomas Paine's The Rights of Man ... U.S. Bill of Rights ... James 
Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance                 

If you don't want to receive a Forum Topic Announcement every week, 
just email me, [email-masked], and put "Remove Me from Sunday Forum 
Announcement" in the topic line.
________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free 
from AOL at AOL.com.
=0