Subject: AAII Investor Update - 10/30 Issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:07:58 -0700

Dear DAVID C. HARRIS,

AAII's Investor Update highlights the ideas and advice needed to ensure 
a profitable financial future! 

CONTENTS (scroll down to find topics of interest): 

1. AAII COMMENTARY -- "8 Steps That Will Make Life Easier for Your 
Heirs"
2. AAII JOURNAL ON-LINE -- "Withdrawal Strategies to Make Your Nest Egg 
Last Longer"
3. INVESTOR SURVEY RESULTS -- In What Direction Are the Markets 
Heading? 
4. NEWS YOU CAN USE -- AAII Investor Classroom: "Getting a Handle on 
the Bond Market"
5. AAII.COM UPDATE -- "Portfolio Observer on AAII.com"
6. FEATURED INVESTMENT PRODUCT -- "Stock Investor Pro"

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
IMPORTANT NOTE: To prevent this AAII E-mail Newsletter from getting 
blocked by a spam filter, please add us to your "Friends" list or enter 
[email-masked] in your address book. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

1. AAII COMMENTARY 

"8 Steps That Will Make Life Easier for Your Heirs"	
This week, Deborah H. Levenson describes eight basic steps you can take 
at any age to try to make life easier for those you leave behind. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/221/0/ 

2. AAII Journal On-Line

"Withdrawal Strategies to Make Your Nest Egg Last Longer" 
Individuals who are withdrawing assets in their golden years face a 
relatively complex issue: Which accounts should they withdraw from 
first, taxable or tax-deferred? A look at alternative withdrawal 
strategies, and how they affect a portfolio's longevity. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/238/0/ 

3. INVESTOR SURVEY RESULTS (an AAII exclusive) 

This week, AAII members see the overall direction of the investment 
markets as follows: 

Bullish	52.17%
Neutral	17.39%
Bearish	30.43%

Click here to participate in next week's on-line Investor Survey: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/2/0/ 

4. NEWS YOU CAN USE 

AAII Investor Classroom:
"Getting a Handle on the Bond Market"
An overview of how the bond market works: who sets bond prices, where 
to find a bond broker, what a callable bond is and much more. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/222/0/ 

AAII Guide:
"Guide to Direct Purchase Plans"
Buying stock with little or no commission is the major attraction of 
direct purchase plans. This year's annual guide lists 460 companies 
that will sell their initial shares directly to the public. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/239/0/ 

 5. AAII.COM UPDATE 

Your financial IQ will greatly improve with these "how-to" investor 
articles. Click on any topic/article of interest below: 

Portfolio Management 
"Portfolio Observer on AAII.com"

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/219/0/ 

Mutual Funds
"How to Rate a Mutual Fund: Personalizing the Star System"

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/223/0/

6. FEATURED INVESTMENT PRODUCT 

Stock Investor Pro
For computer users this is a powerful optional service - a monthly CD- 
ROM providing over 2,000 items of the latest information on each stock 
from the Reuters database. This service covers over 8,000 stocks and 
has screening and filtering capabilities. It's available to members at 
a fraction of the cost of comparable products. On-line weekly updates 
are also available. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/155/0/ 

*********************************************************************** 

If the links in this E-mail are not clickable through your computer, 
please complete the following steps: 

1. Highlight the link in the E-mail by left-clicking your mouse and 
dragging the cursor over the entire URL provided. 
2. Under Edit in the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Copy. 
3. Open your Web site browser and click once in the address window 
(your cursor should be placed inside the window). 
4. Under Edit in the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Paste 
and click Enter. 

Thanks for reading this edition of the AAII Update. We value your 
membership and your continued use of our investment articles, tools and 
services. On occasion, as part of your Update subscription you will 
receive special offers, discounts and promotions from AAII and other 
leading financial content providers. 

IMPORTANT: This is an automated system and does not cancel your paid 
AAII membership. 

To unsubscribe please click on the following link: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/12/0/ 

CHANGE OF E-MAIL ADDRESS: If you would like to change the e-mail 
address you have registered with AAII, please click on the following 
link: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/41222/3394071/13/0/

*********************************************************************** 

The American Association of Individual Investors
625 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1900
Chicago, Illinois 60611