Subject: Re: Coming in to send to Arthur's addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:53:23 EST

David -- here's my first try.

To Our International 'Darwin Day' Connections: (friends?)

We  at Darwinday.org have been in touch with you before so we should not be  
strangers. Some of you may already realize that Darwin's 200th  birthday will 
occur on February 12, 2009 and in addition, you  may have had events to 
celebrate science and humanity in previous  years. For those who have not, our 
'Darwin Day' project is a nonprofit  organization designed to promote an 
International Celebration of  Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as 
we move towards  2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as 
symbols of scientific  progress, and our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration 
by  2009. Currently, events are being registered on our Website for  2005.

The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our  website at 
_http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/)    --   and then to consider 
joining many others in  this constructive educational effort. Our website  
offers extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a  'celebration' 
that is suitable for your own unique  circumstances.   

Supporters include prominent  scientists, educators, philosophers, and 
writers such as: Patrick  Bateson, Provost, Kings College, Cambridge; Edward O. 
Wilson, Harvard  University; Richard Dawkins, Oxford University; Daniel C. 
Dennett, Tufts  University; Steven Pinker, MIT; Helena Cronin, London School of  
Economics; Eugenie Scott, National Center for Science Education; Steve  Jones, 
Univ. College London; and many others. We encourage you to join them  and become 
an enthusiastic participant in this project.  To sign up  quickly, register at 
http://darwinday.org/register/index.php  .

Sincerely Yours,
 
Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology  Program, 
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research  Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a  Nonprofit Corp.
http://darwinday.org  

PS If you do  not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration, simply reply  to this e-mail at  [email-masked].