Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [HumanistRoots] The January Humanist Roots group dinner party plans]

From: "Dennis Ricks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:39:38 -0800

David,

It was good to hear from you. And yes, I remember him well. I also looked
him up on the Internet (several weeks ago) and found a discussion board that
he had been active in (that dealt with the topic of some herb that is
supposed to make you live for hundreds of years) where he made everyone
there so mad that they exiled him from their board. And, yes, there must be
some form of brain disease at work here IMHO as well. I tried to be as
polite as I could be when I turned him down. But, of course, no one likes
rejection, especially when they believe that they are the ONE who is
destined to save the world. ;)

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: David C. Harris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [HumanistRoots] The January Humanist Roots group dinner
party plans]

Dennis,

You probably recognize Tom Loeber, but just in case you wondered who has 
those odd ideas, he is that young-ish guy who talks with a funny cadence 
and strings odd religious and other ideas together.  He has been at some 
of our Humanist Roots meetings and although I suspect his intentions are 
good, he is far too strange to lead a discussion, IMHO.  My impression 
is that he suffers from a mild to moderate version of some brain 
disease.  You may recall that Arthur Jackson told him flat out that "I 
can't understand what you're saying".

You may already know more about his background since I'm relatively new, 
but just in case, those are my opinions.

   - David

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [HumanistRoots] The January Humanist Roots group dinner
party plans
Date: 	Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:05:17 -0800
From: 	Thomas Loeber <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
References: 	<AccgDfaocDnvBkEMR+aATSC5O7mxOA==>
<078c01c7200d$f7dc6bb0$190a0a0a@dennis4ce72655>

Gee whiz.  Don't communications to this email list get to more people
than the dinners?   Just jostling ya about there.

I would like to facilitate the creation of a non-secular humanist
movement.  I could prepare a presentation on scientific religion, the
inductive reasoning not to discount the possibility of a free will, the
existence of god, our temple, our lord, the repercussions of not
discounting the fact that universe may be totally dynamic.   Vector
analysis presentations of cosmologies and that which depicts the vectors
of a completely dynamic scenario are prepared and can be displayed as
can be seen here,
http://home.pacbell.net/chipl/CosmologyVectorDiagrams.htm .  I could
also show a couple of Walter Russell's cosmological models, the
animation based on his life - death vortex oscillating model and his
spiral periodic table of the elements,
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8989/ , which throws light on the
idea that evolution acts upon inanimate matter besides life, creating
increasing sustained diversity.   Principles of quantum mechanics and
relativity support the idea of a completely dynamic universe.  A
clarification of the relationship between the two concepts of entropy
(information theory and physics) can be suggested.   The concept of
Maxwell's demon can be seen as a beginning of how one can formulate what
and who may be our savior.  An explanation of ergodicity verses
absorbing states can be seen as a general key to individual and species
success.

This concept of religion suggests some immediate and long-term
strategies that offer a great deal of fun and potentially endless
reward.   A relatively easy to do web site could be used to pull in lots
of money in a way that furthered the long term strategy of facilitating
appropriate technology.  Our world's fate is in our hands.

I could offer a poem that won me first place in a college poetry contest.

I have most of these materials prepared but it would take some time to
get them all together.  Right now I'm involved in some rather agile
software development that promises to keep me busy until the New Year.
January 6th would probably be okay.  A vga or svga projector would be
nice to have and might require renting.

Tell me what you think, ask questions.  This mailing list can be easier
than physical presentation.

Best of luck with all.

Tom Loeber

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
                GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 WGS system).
  NOTE!: NEW active account: [email-masked]
         Active account WAS: [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding account: [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827

---

From: "Dennis Ricks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:02:56 -0800

David,

Diplomatic? Thanks. It took an effort... ("ergodicity verses absorbing
states"???)

Regarding your secret identity...I think we may have a conflict there. I
knew he wasn't the ONE, because I already know who the ONE is. It's ME, Duh!
So, I also know it's not you for the same reason!!! Besides, whenever I play
Unreal Tournament, all I have to do is type in "I am the ONE" then "God" and
it lets me fly around and blow up everything and I never get hurt. So, I
KNOW for a fact that it is me who is the ONE. Otherwise, how else would that
work?

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: David Harris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:10 PM
To: Dennis Ricks
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [HumanistRoots] The January Humanist Roots group
dinner party plans]

> destined to save the world. ;)

Oh, you guessed my secret identity...    ;-)

Your turn down toi Tom was quite diplomatic.  Well done.

   - David