Subject: Re:letter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:34:20 EST

Subject: Count Down to Darwin's 200th Birthday!
 
Dear Dr. title and name:
 
As a fellow scientist, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th  birthday 
will occur on February 12th 2009. Our 'Darwin Day'  project is a nonprofit 
organization designed to promote an  International Celebration of Science and 
Humanity on, or near Feb. 12th  each year as we move towards 2009. Darwin and the 
theory of evolution are being  used as symbols of scientific progress, and 
our goal is to achieve a  Global Celebration by 2009. Currently, events are  
being registered on our website for 2005.
 
The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our 'all new'  website 
at _http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/)   --  and then to 
consider joining many  others in this constructive educational effort. Our 
website  offers extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a  
'celebration' that is suitable for your own unique  circumstances.   
 
Supporters include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and  
writers such as: Patrick Bateson, Provost, Kings College,  Cambridge; Edward O. 
Wilson, Harvard University; Richard Dawkins, Oxford  University; Daniel C. 
Dennett, Tufts University; Steven Pinker, MIT; Helena  Cronin, London School of 
Economics; Eugenie Scott, National Center for  Science Education; Steve Jones, 
Univ. College London; and many others.  We encourage you to join them and become 
an enthusiastic participant  in this project.
 
 Sincerely Yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, 
SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a  Nonprofit Corp.
_http://www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org/)   
 
PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day  
Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) .