Subject: [sufiordernorcal] Heart Rhythm Meditation, June 1st, 7 pm

From: Asatar Bair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:03:41 -0700

Dear friends,

I'm writing to let you know about a free talk entitled "Energize Your  
Heart in 4 Dimensions", this Friday, June 1st, 7 pm, at the First  
Unitarian Universalist Church, Chapel room, 1187 Franklin St (at  
Geary).  Refreshments will be served.

This presentation will outline the method of Heart Rhythm Meditation,  
and discuss how this method works to energize and develop the  
dimensions of the heart.  The method comes from Sufism (in particular  
the teachings of Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan and Hazrat Inayat Khan), as  
well as the Judeo-Christian tradition, and is described in the book  
"Living from the Heart" by Puran Bair; my presentation is based on  
the book "Energize Your Heart in 4 Dimensions" by Puran and Susanna  
Bair, to be released Sept 1st.  Here is an excerpt from the back  
cover of this book:

"In this remarkable book, Puran and Susanna Bair describe an  
powerful, authentic method of how to give your heart the energy to:  
be who you truly are; heal your heart’s wounds; and to recognize the  
greatness within yourself and others. The authors show how each  
dimension of the heart contain the keys to developing qualities such  
as tolerance and cooperation (width), empathy and compassion (depth),  
idealism and courage (height), sensitivity (receptive), initiative  
and drive (forward), and inner peace and the ability to embrace  
change (inner).

This book gives you a powerful, three-part method of producing in  
yourself the change you desire. This method is:

1) Recognizing Greatness: how to recognize in yourself and others the  
latent quality you seek to develop;

2) Heart Rhythm Meditation (HRM): a simple yet profound method of  
meditation based on harmonizing your breath and heartbeat into a  
coherent rhythm;

3) Exercises for Life: how to implement these ideas into your every  
interaction, your career, your relationships, and your life.

If you loved books like  "The Secret," "The Law of Attraction", The  
Power of Intention, and The Power of Now you’ll love this book, for  
you’ve learned that the intention in your mind and the feeling in  
your heart creates your life; this book shows you how to energize  
your heart so you can create the destiny that is your deepest  
desire.  Thinking positive is just the beginning!"

I'm teaching an 8-week course in Heart Rhythm Meditation from June  
4th to July 23rd, Monday nights, 7-8:30, also at 1187 Franklin.  More  
information can be found at www.heart-rhythm.org/sf

I hope to see you on June 1st!

best,
Asatar Bair

_______________________________
Asatar Bair, Ph.D.
City College of San Francisco
(415) 239-3915
http://fog.ccsf.edu/~abair

Heart Rhythm Meditation
http://www.heart-rhythm.org/sf

CCSF Meditation Club
http://meditation-ccsf.blogspot.com

http://heartoftheeconomy.blogspot.com
_______________________________