Subject: [UUCPA announce] Online course on UU history by Rev. Alicia Forsey

From: "Jack Owicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:59:15 -0700

Rev. Alicia is generously offering her online course on UU history to us,
starting the first week in May.  
This will be the first time we've had an online course, and its rhythm will
be quite different from that of our usual offering:  no meetings in person,
and you work over the web on your own schedule week by week.  This should be
especially appealing for folks who find it difficult to attend Adult RE
courses at church.
Here's a blurb with more complete information: 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Knowing our Unitarian and Universalist history helps us to build community
and clarify various theological perspectives. Join Dr. Alicia Forsey for a
six week online course in Unitarian and Universalist History, starting the
first week in May. There will be six topics, each lasting a week so that
everyone in the course has the flexibility of time needed to read the
assignments and post a few paragraphs in response. No grades, no final
papers, no stress! 
The topics covered include: 
*	Unitarianism in England 
*	Puritanism and Arminianism in the United States 
*	The origins of Universalism
*	Classical Unitarianism 
*	Transcendentalism
*	Abolition during the 1800's
*	The Black Empowerment Controversy in the 20th Century
Particpants must have a code to enter the course and to receive all of the
instructions prior to the first week. If you would like to see a
demonstration unit (Transcendentalism) of the course Alicia has been
teaching for ten years, go to: pacificuu.org/fore. That is Alicia's website,
but the information about the course posted is for graduate students in
seminary. 
The course for the members of UUCPA will not require anything more than a
desire to learn more about our history and some participation/interaction
once a week. Contact Alicia if you are interested in registering. Extension
26 at the church or 510-848-3034 at home. 

_______________________________________________
UUCPA Announce mailing list
http://uucpa.org/mailman/listinfo/announce
To unsubscribe, use the link above or contact [email-masked]