Subject: This Sunday's Humanist Forum: Joining Science and Religion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:12:32 -0400

This Sunday's Humanist Community Forum (at 11am at Mitchell Park 
Community Center) is described below. The Mitchell Park Community is 
located at 3800 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, Just north of Charleston 
Road.

May 27: Joining Science and Religion

Humanist Community President Arthur Jackson will present a program 
exploring the relationship of science and religion and how they are 
connected. His underlying assumption is that there is only one 
magisterium, not two as others have suggested, and that science and 
religion have been artificially separated because of provincial models 
of both. His presentation's goal is to join them into one 
interdependent system to achieve the goals envisioned by the 
Enlightenment.

Next week Hubert Morel-Seytoux will speak on the California Universal 
Healthcare Act

One of our members, Jim Stevenson, is blind. If you would be willing to 
give him a ride to the forum occasionally please let him know. His 
number is 650 604 5720 and he lives near Middlefield and Loma 
Verde.                  

If you don't want to receive a Forum Topic Announcement every week, 
just email me, [email-masked], and put "Remove Me from Sunday Forum 
Announcement" in the topic line.
________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free 
from AOL at AOL.com.