Subject: [AthofSV] Evolution

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:47:22 -0700

Dear Editors,

Please consider this for your letters to the editor page.

Just because some people don't understand evolution or don't like it, does
not make it false.  The evidence supporting evolution is everywhere--from
almost every living cell and organ to the 3.5 billion year fossil record.
Evolution is both a fact and a theory.  It’s a fact that enormous changes to
life on Earth have occurred.  The Theory of Evolution explains the processes
that caused these changes.

Many people think that their god guided evolution.  What loving designer
would have invented the diseases of the world, including parasites that
blind millions and a gene that covers babies with excruciating blisters?

A scientific theory is a unifying concept that explains a large body of
data.   The Theory of Evolution is the basic unifying concept of biology.

Sincerely,
Mark Thomas
President, Atheists of Silicon Valley, www.godlessgeeks.com
472 Lotus Lane
Mountain View,  CA  94043
(650) 969-5314