Subject: CIO Leader: Do You Need to Learn the Network Dance?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:53:43 -0500 (EST)

CIO Leader 

Career and leadership information from CIO.com
and CIO magazine.

March 24, 2006

In this edition:
1. Do You Need to Learn the Network Dance?
2. Webcast: Using IT to Drive Business Growth
3. The Worst Job in IT
4. 3Com's CIO Jumps Ship to UTStarcom
5. Recent job postings on CIO.com

1. Do You Need to Learn the Network Dance?

Networks are transforming from systems with people to
systems of interconnected physical devices. If you know
the ins and outs of a device network architecture, then
you can dance your way to the top of the corporate ladder.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11222&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Leader newsletter is 
sponsored by Iron Mountain

Data Protection and Recovery -- Trends, Technologies and Tips
Watch this Webcast and hear experts discuss data protection
challenges, strategies and methods for protecting data, backup
vs. archiving, and key elements of selecting a data protection
partner. Go now.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11242&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1
-------------------------------------------------------

2. Webcast: Using IT to Drive Business Growth

Listen in as CIO Editor in Chief Abbie Lundberg interviews
Raytheon VP and CIO Rebecca Rhoads about how IT strategy
drives business growth.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11223&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

3. The Worst Job in IT

It used to be CIO. Now it's everybody else. Executive
Coach Susan Cramm explains what CIOs need to do to bring
along their staff in a time of radical process change.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11224&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Leader newsletter is 
sponsored by Interwise

Your Place or Mine? Web/Audio Conferencing Deployment Options:

Join Gartner analyst Jeffrey Mann for a discussion of the
development of the conferencing market, and how to decide
which deployment model(s) make sense for you. 

Register for this event today and you will also receive a
complimentary copy of the recent Gartner research note that
describes why communication and collaboration through Web
Conferencing is becoming one of the Top Five CIO priorities.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9722&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1
-------------------------------------------------------

4. 3Com's CIO Jumps Ship to UTStarcom

Ari Bose has been lured from 3Com to be the VP and CIO
of UTStarcom, a California-based telecom solutions
provider. For more information on his move and to find
out what others are doing, check out CIO.com's Movers
and Shakers blog.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11225&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

5. Recent job postings on CIO.com

>> Vice Provost for Computing and Information Technology
Clemson University
Clemson, S.C.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11226&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

>> Chief Information Officer
Greater Pittsburgh, Pa.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11227&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

>> Chief Information Officer
MAS Holdings
Colombo, Sri Lanka
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11228&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

For more job listings, visit
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1668&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

For more articles and information, visit our Leadership
Resource Center.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11229&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

Thanks for reading the CIO Leader.

Paul L. Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Leader because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Leader, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Leader from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=56398118&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path, PO Box 9208,

Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **