Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] Yet another rigging question

From: "Bob Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:40:44 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Try this

 http://www.bartlettsails.com/html/One_Design/Catalina-22.html

Pensacola, Florida

1986 Catalina 22' Swing Keel

Los Milagros

Navy Yacht Club Pensacola, Bayou Grande Marina, N A S P

-------Original Message-------

From: Kingsbury's Cyclery

Date: 04/25/07 14:27:39

To: Cat22

Subject: [Catalina-22] Yet another rigging question

Sorry folks, I know we go through this every season but I have two questions
 First, anyone have a link to a good website that talks about rig tuning ?
Also, when your boat is sitting unused and the backstay is not tensioned,
how loose is your forestay ?

Paul Kingsbury

Elmira, NY

Ragamuffin

---

From: Glenn Warner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:29:51 -0400

Do you race?  This will make a difference. Keep in mind any tuning  
guide is just a starting point for rig tuning.  There is one on the  
NSA site that is written by North Sails with additional comments by  
Pete Harper.  This is probably as good a place as any to start.  As  
an example of the difference between tuning a boat for racing and  
tuning a boat for cruising/daysailing I will answer your question  
about head stay tension with the back stay off.  With my backstay off  
my head stay has around three feet of slack in it.  Most cruiser/ 
daysailors would prefer a little more conservative tuning. http:// 
www.main.org/catalina22/c22tuning.htm  BTW if you are not a member of  
the NSA please consider joining.

Glenn Warner
Goblin#10369
JuJu#1222
Jacksonville Florida
On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Kingsbury's Cyclery wrote:

> Sorry folks, I know we go through this every season but I have two  
> questions. First, anyone have a link to a good website that talks  
> about rig tuning ? Also, when your boat is sitting unused and the  
> backstay is not tensioned, how loose is your forestay ?
>
> Paul Kingsbury
> Elmira, NY
>
> Ragamuffin
>