Subject: CIO Wireless: The Business-Savvy Smartphone Review

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:15:58 -0400

CIO Wireless

May 11, 2007

The Business-Savvy Smartphone Review: Nokia E62, BlackBerry 
Pearl, T-Mobile Dash, Palm Treo 750

CIO compares four of the hottest smartphones available, from 
the perspective of four experienced IT executives. This is not 
another "which phone is the coolest" review; rather, we tell 
you which mobile devices work best for business users and 
which are most suited for enterprise deployment.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7966/0/

Also in this issue of CIO Wireless:
1. Nine Hot Consumer Technologies You Can’t Ignore
2. VoIP Is in Big Trouble
3. Beware of “Evil Twin” Wi-Fi Access Points 
4. GPS Innovation Gives Weather Bots a New Ride

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by Cicso

Video: Privacy vs. Customer Intimacy-Strike the Balance 
Delivering a rewarding customer experience requires intimacy, 
but sharing data infringes on privacy – so retailers must stay 
on top of risk. Now Governor Tom Ridge and Circuit City CIO 
Bill McCorey share their insight into balancing customer intimacy 
and privacy.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7967/0/

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Nine Hot Consumer Technologies You Can’t Ignore

Like it or not, these much-discussed technologies are going 
to have a significant impact on your IT department.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7968/0/

2. VoIP Is in Big Trouble

Today's enterprises have been wistfully gazing at VoIP and 
all of its super-hyped savings for some time now. The big 
unanswered question on many people's lips these days, says 
Thomas Wailgum, is this: I thought VoIP would have taken off 
by now ... what's the holdup?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7969/0/ 

3. Beware of “Evil Twin” Wi-Fi Access Points

The next time you splurge on a double latte and sip it while
browsing the Internet via the café's Wi-Fi, beware the "evil 
twin”: a spoof of the legitimate size that allows hackers to 
eavesdrop.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7970/0/

4. GPS Innovation Gives Weather Bots a New Ride

A student inventor improves National Weather Service 
procedures.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7971/0/ 

Hot Picks for the Week

1. Quiz: See How You Measure Up to the '07 CIO Ones to Watch
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7972/0/

2. Full Cost: It’s Time to Pay Attention 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7973/0/

3. Six Signs That IT Staff May Be Set to Cause Trouble
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7974/0/

4. ABC: An Introduction to Business Process Management
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7975/0/

5. How to Turn Your Employees Into Leaders
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7976/0/

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by Arsenal Digital 

Data Protection for SMBs: Beyond Tape Backup
In this paper, you’ll learn how more and more SMBs are using on-demand 
data protection services as an affordable, workable solution to their 
growing backup, recovery and business continuity challenges, and how 
you can implement a company-wide data protection solution while minimizing 
capital expenditures.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7977/0/
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading CIO Wireless

Sandy Kendall
CIO Wireless Editor

Check out our other newsletters for up-to-date
information on topics such as leadership, enterprise
technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/3137/0/

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by ColdSpark 

Merrill Lynch Replaces Legacy Email Backbone with the ColdSpark 
SparkEngine Mail Transport Platform for Global Email Operations

Merrill Lynch required an enterprise-wide email infrastructure upgrade 
to support the expanding needs of their various lines of businesses. 
In addition, requirements related to regulatory compliance drove the 
need to explore more scalable approaches to email handling and archiving. 
This case study discusses how Merrill Lynch leveraged ColdSpark’s 
SparkEngine Platform to modernize their email systems.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/7978/0/
--------------------------------------------------------

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Wireless because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to stop getting CIO Open Source,
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/u?id=1154143D&o=817770&l=cio_wireless

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences, 
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/1128/0/

Did you get CIO Wireless from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/1127/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, 
please contact: East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]; 
West Coast and Central - Lori Kehoe at [email-masked] or Sara 
Mascall at [email-masked].

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/1129/0/

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/817770/1154143/1130/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **