Subject: [Catalina-22] Lewmar rope clutches

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:52:00 EDT

No idea about Lewmar rope clutches and their locking mechanisms.   Further, 
like the Spinlocks, I am sure they have various changes over the years,  so, 
even if someone can make a statement about Lewmar rope clutches, it may only  
apply to that particular model year.  Just like the subtle differences  between 
Catalina 22's.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 4/9/2007 10:32:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hey Bayard, 
Do you know if the Lewmar rope clutches do that as well. The  sailboat I race 
on has the old spinlock rope clutches, and the thing that sold  me was being 
able to tension the line while the handle was down. If the new  spinlocks 
don't do that, I will probably reconsider putting them on my boat. I  haven't 
ordered the spinlocks yet.
Thanks
 
Steve Morgan
#14444 wing

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:25:05 EDT

I have been quite satisfied with the  Lewmar (LEW29101108)- Superlock  D1 
Rope Clutches for lines 1/4 to 5/16 that I have used for a number of  years.  
_http://tinyurl.com/yk3fnz_ (http://tinyurl.com/yk3fnz) 
 
Rich Magner
SeTherin #9472
swing-keel, pop-top
Glastonbury, CT
_www.SeTherin.com_ (http://www.SeTherin.com)