Subject: CIO Careers: How to Negotiate an Employment Contract

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:30:30 -0400

CIO Careers: How to Negotiate an Employment Contract

CIO Careers: Job listings and advice for your career

April 6, 2007

How to Negotiate an Employment Contract
Employment contracts can protect an employee's personal, 
professional and financial interests in the event an employer 
decides that it no longer needs an employee's services. Although
negotiating an employment contract can mean the difference 
between smooth sailing or a crash landing in the event an 
employer decides to drop you, they're trick to hash out. 
This article explains the perils and pitfalls of employment 
contracts.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6976/0/

Also in this issue of CIO Careers: 

1. The New and Improved CIO.com
2. Career Tips in the New Advice & Opinion Section
3. Hall of Famers Wanted 
4. Job Listings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Careers is sponsored by Target Technology Services 

See state-of-the-art technology in action. See your future with TTS.

Target Technology Services offers the opportunity, the challenge, 
and the project variety you want in your IT career. Sound interesting? 
<a href="http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6977/0/">Click here to learn more.</a>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The New and Improved CIO.com
When you next visit CIO.com (and we hope that's soon!), you'll 
notice that we've really cleaned up the place. We've made our 
stories easier to find by topic (ERP, management, open source 
and many more) or by type (such as advice, how-to, careers and 
news). It's prettier. It's more robust. And we've done some 
especially cool stuff with our Advice & Opinion section, where
you can now rate your favorite articles and even post your own 
rants, news, best practices and questions. We're awfully proud 
to launch the new CIO.com. Please let us know if that pride is 
earned. (And since it's brand-new, also let us know if you find 
any mistakes!)
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6978/0/

2. Career Tips in the New Advice & Opinion Section 
The Advice & Opinion section is the hallmark of the new and
improved CIO.com. It's your way to connect with CIO staffers 
(including Yours Truly, Meridith Levinson), noted experts and 
IT practitioners. You can post questions about anything, including
your career. Ask questions, get answers or simply share 
your unique skills & experiences with others in the A&O section. 
Find out more here 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6979/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Careers is sponsored by Cisco 

Customer Privacy and Data Security in Retail

Video: Privacy vs. Customer Intimacy-Strike the Balance Mohsen Moazami, 
VP Internet Business Solutions Group at Cisco hosts a discussion with 
Governor Tom Ridge and Circuit City CIO Bill McCorey. Ridge and McCorey 
share their thoughts on how enterprises in private and public sectors 
must address security, resiliency and risk to achieve a comfortable 
balance of privacy and intimacy for their customers. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6980/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Hall of Famers Wanted
CIO is looking for the next inductees to our CIO Hall of Fame. 
Any current or former leading IT executive who has materially, 
profoundly and positively affected the practice and discipline 
of information technology during the past two decades is eligible. 
The new Hall of Fame inductees will be featured in the special 
Oct. 1, 2007, anniversary issue of CIO magazine as well as in our
online hall of fame. (http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6981/0/ 
View our entry form http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6843/0/ for more details.

4. Job Listings

>> Senior IT Operations Manager
Lexington Realty Trust
NY, NY
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6982/0/

>> VP of Software Development
PRG-Schultz International
Atlanta, GA
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6983/0/

>> Director of Information Technology Services
Hilmar Cheese Company
Hilmar, CA
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6984/0/

For more job listings, visit
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6985/0/

HOT PICKS

1. An Executive's Guide to Compensation and Termination
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6986/0/

2. How Green Data Centers Save Money
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6987/0/

3. The Rise of Service-Oriented IT
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6988/0/

4. How to Negotiate an Employment Contract
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6989/0/

5. Getting Ready for Windows Vista Deployment 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6990/0/

Thank you for reading CIO Careers.

Meridith Levinson
Senior Online Editor
CIO

Want more? Check out our other newsletters for up-to-date 
information on topics such as leadership, enterprise 
technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/2966/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Careers is sponsored by Azul Systems

Delivering Increased Quality of Service for Business Critical Java™
Featuring Industry Analyst Massimo Pezzini 

View this On-Demand webinar! Hear from featured analyst firm Gartner 
on how the growing trend of Extreme Transaction Processing (XTP) is 
redefining computing strategies in today’s transaction-intensive 
enterprises. You will also learn best practices on how forward-thinking 
companies have moved beyond the limits of today’s traditional servers 
by introducing non-disruptive server technology from Azul.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6991/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Careers because 
either you are a subscriber to our print publication, or 
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

To unsubscribe, change your preferences, or change your e-mail 
address, go to the following URL: http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6886/0/

Did you get CIO Careers from a friend? Want it sent directly to you? 
Go to: http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Lori Kehoe at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/2969/0/

CIO.com’s online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/738125/554282/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path, 
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

Please do not reply to this message. If you want to 
contact someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked].