Subject: Bombing Iran: Not Funny

From: "Ilyse Hogue, MoveOn.org Political Action" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:23:58 -0700

Dear MoveOn member,

Have you seen the video?

At a campaign stop on Wednesday, Sen. John McCain was asked what to do
about Iran. His response? He sang "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" to the
tune of the Beach Boys' "Barbara Ann."

Seriously.

He says it was a joke, but the bottom line is that it is reckless
saber-rattling against Iran at a time when tensions are high. Will you
help us counter his message on TV?

War with Iran would be a disaster. The best way to stop this idea in its
tracks is to make sure politicians who talk loosely about war pay a
political price. We've made an emergency TV ad to call out McCain on his
reckless remarks. Click here to watch the ad, and then please donate
$25 to get it up on the air:

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/dontbombiran.html?id=10227-86329-ck7npi&t=3

If we can raise $100,000 today, we'll be able to run the ad starting next
week. We want to put it on the air in early primary states like New
Hampshire and Iowa. It'll send the message that Americans want a president
who gets us out of the war we are in, not one who recklessly opens another
front.

Even under normal circumstances, it's unusual for a presidential candidate
to casually call for bombing another country. But this behavior is really
out of line now when tensions with Iran are so high.

McCain's song gave us a glimpse of what we can look forward to if we don't
draw the line now. That's why, overnight, we've put together a powerful ad
that calls out Sen. McCain for his statement and reminds people that this
kind of recklessness is what got us into the war with Iraq.

Can you help? Take a look at the ad (which includes the footage of
McCain), and chip in $25 to put it on the air at:

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/dontbombiran.html?id=10227-86329-ck7npi&t=4

Now the time to stop this war before it starts. Thanks for all you do.

--Ilyse, Eli, Justin, Mari and the MoveOn.org Political Action Team
  Friday, April 20th, 2007

Support our member-driven organization: MoveOn.org Political Action is
entirely funded by our 3.2 million members. We have no corporate
contributors, no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny staff
ensures that small contributions go a long way. If you'd like to support
our work, you can give now at:

http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=10227-86329-ck7npi&t=5

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

________________

Subscription Management:
This is a message from MoveOn.org Political Action. To change your email address, update your contact info, or remove yourself (David Harris) from this list, please visit our subscription management page at:
http://moveon.org/s?i=10227-86329-ck7npi