Subject: Re: [c22] new mooring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:16:40 EDT

How much water are you in?
 
Its best to shackle some line onto the chain and let the chain rest in the  
mud so id does not rust.  Further, were you able to get the eye of the  
mushroom into the mud?  That needs to go there as well to prevent  rust.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT

In a message dated 9/19/2007 6:17:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hi all,  I put down my new mooring with help from a  friend.  A 250lb 
mushroom, 10' 3/4" ground chain, and 10' 3/8"  chain.  It is currently set up for 
winter, but will be ready when I am in  the spring.   We have thick, deep mud on 
the bottom here on the toms  river.  This mushroom should hold extremely well. 
 I will post  pictures of the setup on my website for anyone interested.  I 
will let  you know when they are up.
 
Butchie
C22 Swing Keel
#13320 1986
"Sandy  Bottoms"
Beachwood, NJ (Barnegat Bay)
_http://home.comcast.net/~d.batch/_ (http://home.comcast.net/~d.batch/) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~  
SailNet's NEW Website is up and running! 
New Forums, New Photo  Gallery, New Reviews, New Classifieds, Blogs and more! 
www.sailnet.com -  Visit today!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~  

_/) This list brought to you by the New Sailnet 
_/)  www.sailnet.com --- 216721 
_/) FAQ http://www.sailnet.com/listmgr/help/  
-/) To unsubscribe visit http://www.sailnet.com/listhelp/index.cfm and  
follow the directions 
ID: 216721 : 20041202 22:50 : 19700101 00:00  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  
This email is being sent to you because you subscribed to the SailNet list  
on 20041202 22:50 and confirmed your subscription by replying to our  opt-in 
confirmation on: 19700101 00:00 
You may unsubscribe from this list  at any time by sending a blank email to: 
[email-masked].  or by 
calling our support line at: 610-361-7743. 
This email is being  sent by SailNet, 381 Brinton Lake Road, Thornton 
Pennsylvania 19373.  
http://list.sailnet.net/utilities/members/index.tml?type=member_id&key=216721 

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SailNet's NEW Website is up and running!
New Forums, New Photo Gallery, New Reviews, New Classifieds, Blogs and more!
www.sailnet.com - Visit today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_/)  This list brought to you by the New Sailnet 
_/)  www.sailnet.com --- 216639 
_/)  FAQ http://www.sailnet.com/listmgr/help/
-/)  To unsubscribe visit http://www.sailnet.com/listhelp/index.cfm and follow the directions
ID: 216639 : 20041202 22:50 : 19700101 00:00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is being sent to you because you subscribed to the SailNet c22 list 
on 20041202 22:50 and confirmed your subscription by replying to our opt-in confirmation on: 19700101 00:00 
You may unsubscribe from this list at any time by sending a blank email to:  [email-masked]. or by 
calling our support line at: 610-361-7743. 
This email is being sent by SailNet, 381 Brinton Lake Road, Thornton Pennsylvania 19373.
http://list.sailnet.net/utilities/members/index.tml?type=member_id&key=216639