Subject: CIO Enterprise: Reap Big-Business Benefits from Blogs and Wikis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:15:00 -0400

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
July 11, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

How to Reap Big-Business Benefits From Blogs and Wikis   

Indispensable business collaboration tools and a powerful means of 
communicating with customers, partners and employees, wikis and blogs 
have been compared to e-mail in terms of their potential impact 
on the enterprise. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9598/0/

Also in this issue:
1. Smart Advice For Enterprise ID Management
2. Five Quick Tips for Integrated ID Management
3. Transforming the World's Largest Business
4. Should You Get an MBA?
5. Is Your Business Virtualization-Ready? 10 Questions You Need to Ask
6. Show Your CEO the Money
7. Consumer Apps Infiltrate the Enterprise
8. Dramatic Industry Shifts: How to Help Your Business Survive Major Transitions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Colubris

Migrating to 802.11n with Confidence

802.11n is upon us, enabling your enterprise wireless LAN to match the 
performance of your wired network. Forward-thinking organizations around 
the globe are seeking to gain significant advantages by leveraging the 
significantly increased performance of 802.11n. 

For more information please visit: 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9599/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Smart Advice For Enterprise ID Management  

IT pros at Pfizer used innovative smart card technology in a challenging 
ID management revamp. Take advantage of the lessons they learned for 
your own ID management projects.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9600/0/

2. Five Quick Tips for Integrated ID Management  

Make your case, be flexible, and don't forget to get the legal team 
involved--early. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9601/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Egenera

Virtualization Drives Verifiable, Flexible Business Continuity and 
Disaster Resiliency Solutions

System outages can have a devastating impact on your business, 
making Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) absolutely 
crucial.  Now, virtualization brings simplicity and affordability to this 
daunting challenge.  Join this webinar to find out how. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/8983/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Transforming the World's Largest Business 

Dennis Wisnosky, CTO of the Department of Defense Business 
Mission Area talks about the process of moving the DOD from "as-is" 
to a "to-be" state.   
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9602/0/

4. Should You Get an MBA?

The pressure is on IT leaders to prove their business savvy, and job 
postings are asking for an MBA. Do you really need one to make it as a 
CIO? We asked two IT executives for help assembling arguments for 
and against pursuing the degree. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9603/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Oblicore

Top 5 Trends in Service Level Management - 2007 Survey Results

Service Delivery Management, once thought of as the domain of early 
adopter companies, has clearly become more mainstream. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9604/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Is Your Business Virtualization-Ready? 10 Questions You Need to Ask

Successful adoption depends on having the right skills, security 
and management tools and business drivers in place.  
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9605/0/

6. Show Your CEO the Money

Money changes everything, especially if you can generate revenue. 
Four CIOs share their successful product development experiences.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9606/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Trend Micro

2007 Virtual Security Summit: Protecting Your Enterprise: 
Now and Into the Future

As new threats emerge, how will you secure your business from financial 
risks and costly downtime? On June 7, join experts from CSO Magazine and 
Trend Micro to learn about security trends, strategies and best practices.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/8751/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Consumer Apps Infiltrate the Enterprise  

Nearly all IT execs say that some percent of employees are 
using the Internet and other consumer apps at work. Read the results 
of CIO's 2007 Consumer Technology Survey.  
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9607/0/

8. Dramatic Industry Shifts: How to Help Your Business Survive Major Transitions

>From the advent of the Internet to PCs and digital phones, smart 
business leaders hedge their bets by taking strategic risks on new 
technologies.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9608/0/ 

Hot Picks

1. 10 Mistakes to Avoid When Negotiating a Raise
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9609/0/

2. How One CIO Escaped E-Mail Attachment Hell
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9610/0/

3. What It Takes for a CIO to Be a CEO
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9611/0/

4. Who Are the Million Dollar CIOs?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9612/0/

5. Memo to Congress: Cut H1B Visas by 50%
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9613/0/

Katherine Walsh
Associate Staff Writer
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by ColdSpark

Merrill Lynch Replaces Legacy Email Backbone with the ColdSpark 
SparkEngine Mail Transport Platform for Global Email Operations

Merrill Lynch required an enterprise-wide email infrastructure upgrade to 
support the expanding needs of their various lines of businesses. In 
addition, requirements related to regulatory compliance drove the need to 
explore more scalable approaches to email handling and archiving. This 
case study discusses how Merrill Lynch leveraged ColdSpark’s SparkEngine 
Platform to modernize their email systems.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/9614/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Rich Hartman at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/975089/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **