Subject: [AthofSV] Watch CNN 8 pm ET (5 pm ET?)

From: "Walter Hecker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:45:38 -0700

Commentary: What would Jesus really do?

POSTED: 3:39 p.m. EDT, April 6, 2007

More on CNN TV: Watch a discussion on how Jesus might solve modern-day
problems on a special report, "What Would Jesus Really Do?" Tonight at 8
p.m. ET.

By Roland Martin
CNN Contributor

Editor's note: Roland Martin is a CNN contributor and talk-show host on
WVON-AM in Chicago, Illinois. He is the author of "Listening to the Spirit
Within: 50 Perspectives on Faith."

NEW YORK (CNN) -- When did it come to the point that being a Christian meant
caring about only two issues, abortion and homosexuality?

Ask the nonreligious what being a Christian today means, and based on what
we see and read, it's a good bet they will say that followers of Jesus
Christ are preoccupied with those two points.

Poverty? Whatever. Homelessness? An afterthought. A widening gap between the
have and have-nots? Immaterial. Divorce? The divorce rate of Christians
mirrors the national average, so that's no big deal.

The point is that being a Christian should be about more than abortion and
homosexuality, and it's high time that those not considered a part of the
religious right expose the hypocrisy of our brothers and sisters in
Christianity and take back the faith. And those on the left who believe they
have a "get out of sin free" card must not be allowed to justify their
actions.

Many people believe we are engaged in a holy war. And we are. But it's not
with Muslims. The real war --  the silent war -- is being engaged among
Christians, and that's what we must set our sights on.
... ...

See full article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/04/martin.jesus/index.html