Subject: [Catalina-22] [Racing] possible project boat on EBay

From: Glenn Warner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:37:25 -0400

If I was looking for a project boat to make into a racer, I would  
check this auction on E Bay.  The seller claims it is an 1985.  He  
may be mistaken.  The boat is a non pop top, boat.  It has no coaming  
boxes and the pullpit looks like an older style.  Getting pretty  
expensive for what looks like a big project, but...  Would be  
interesting to at least find out the hull number.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ 
CATALINA-22_W0QQitemZ150126596347QQihZ005QQcategoryZ63730QQssPageNameZWD 
VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Glenn Warner
Goblin#10369
JuJu#1222
Jacksonville Florida

---

From: "Gareth Gammon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:01:08 -0700

That boat looks to be in pretty rough shape. There are 3 sections of the 
handrail broken off on the starboard side, there are two tangs on the 
transom where it looks like  at one time it had a split backstay but there 
is only a single stay on the port side there now, the sail cover is ripped, 
and the pulpit doesn't look like anything Catalina put on its boat but I 
could be wrong about that. And that's just what I can see in the few pix. I 
wonder what the inside looks like? I agree with Glen, its a pretty penny to 
pay for a fixer upper with no poptop, foresail,  motor or trailer.

Gareth Gammon
Fort St. James, B.C.
1980 Swingkeel 9782
Calypso
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Glenn Warner" <[email-masked]>
To: "chip list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:37 AM
Subject: [Catalina-22] [Racing] possible project boat on EBay

> If I was looking for a project boat to make into a racer, I would  check 
> this auction on E Bay.  The seller claims it is an 1985.  He  may be 
> mistaken.  The boat is a non pop top, boat.  It has no coaming  boxes and 
> the pullpit looks like an older style.  Getting pretty  expensive for what 
> looks like a big project, but...  Would be  interesting to at least find 
> out the hull number.