Subject: CIO Enterprise: Leading IT Down the Road to Change

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:30:00 -0400

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
July 18, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

Leading IT Down the Road to Change      

The CIO of logistics provider YRC Worldwide explains how change 
leadership techniques helped him survive two mergers, and blend 
three IT departments into one.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9814/0/

Also in this issue:
1. Multi-Channel CRM: It's in Your Future 
2. Give Your Career Boost 
3. How to Keep a Balanced Scorecard 
4. Nine Things CIOs Wished You Knew About Their Jobs 
5. Stop Demotivating Me! 
6. Smash-Up: How a Violent Car Crash Provided Lessons in Business Continuity 
7. The World of Outsourcing
8. Minimizing Turbulence Through Solid Crisis Management 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Arsenal Digital

Solving the Distributed Data Protection Problem

To help IT managers conquer their biggest data protection challenges, 
Arsenal Digital has released “Solving the Distributed Data Problem: 
The Rise of Remote Data Protection Services.” 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9815/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Multi-Channel CRM: It's in Your Future   

Even the most Web-savvy users will encounter situations when they 
need to send an e-mail or will want to chat with an agent or even 
send a fax. That could be an opportunity, so answer the phone!
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9816/0/

2. Give Your Career Boost   

Working with recruiters. Getting past gatekeepers. Negotiating salaries. 
Those are among the many topics CIO.com's stable of experienced career 
advisers tackle each month in this online column. Career Boost offers 
you the tips and advice you need to achieve your professional goals.  
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9817/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Trend Micro

2007 Virtual Security Summit: Protecting Your Enterprise: 
Now and Into the Future

As new threats emerge, how will you secure your business from 
financial risks and costly downtime? On June 7, join experts from 
CSO Magazine and Trend Micro to learn about security trends, 
strategies and best practices.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/8751/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. How to Keep a Balanced Scorecard  

Most organizations can benefit from a balanced scorecard approach, 
which can raise the profile of key projects, increase functionality, 
and predict future performance—and it often leads to greater financial 
return.   
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9818/0/

4. Nine Things CIOs Wished You Knew About Their Jobs 

Think the CIO has it easy? Think again. It's all about politics, 
business needs, budgets and keeping things running while still 
trying to stay strategic. We list nine things that the CIO wishes 
everyone knew about their day-to-day lives.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9819/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Microsoft

Enabling the Infoworker:  How Thought Leaders from Avaya and Microsoft 
Envision Unified Communications 

The growing number of communications options is actually negatively 
impacting interactions.  But unified communications is poised to turn 
that all around.  Join thought leaders from Avaya, Microsoft and IDC 
as we explore its potential impact on your business. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9820/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Stop Demotivating Me! 

Most people want to do a good job, but motivation dribbles away over 
time. It's not because managers are failing to motivate their 
once-enthusiastic people. It's because organizational systems, 
policies—and yes, management actions—actively demotivate people. 
How many of these business practices are you foisting on your own staff? 
Learn six things every manager can do to create a better work environment.  
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9821/0/

6. Smash-Up: How a Violent Car Crash Provided Lessons in Business Continuity 

Juniper Networks CIO Alan Boehme had a standard business continuity 
and succession plan, but one violent moment on a California highway 
revealed its shortcomings.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9822/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by RusSoft

Successful Multisourcing 

Price should not be the key consideration for successful multisourcing. 
A white paper by IDC examines how experience and continuity of the 
workforce are now critical success factors. The paper explores the 
success of offshore locations like Russia who have increased customer 
satisfaction and lowered cost by retaining employees through offering 
growth and development plans. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9823/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. The World of Outsourcing   

Click on our interactive map to get insights into what's happening 
in offshore outsourcing markets around the world. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9824/0/

8. Minimizing Turbulence Through Solid Crisis Management  

US Airways CIO Joe Beery shares how he meets challenges from his perch 
at the center of a demanding industry.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9825/0/ 

Hot Picks

1. Should You Get an MBA? 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9826/0/

2. What Happens to Windows Reporting Errors? Microsoft Won't Tell
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9827/0/

3. ABC: An Introduction to Blogs and Wikis in the Business World
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9828/0/

4. Data Leaks: What You Don't Know Will Hurt You
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9829/0/

5. Taking Virtual Servers to the Next Level
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9830/0/

Katherine Walsh
Associate Staff Writer
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Iron Mountain

Back-Up Options: More Choices, More Decisions

Make sure your data doesn’t become a liability with the right backup 
strategy. External forces – like disaster recovery, litigation and 
security – have CIOs are thinking hard about data backup.  But one 
size doesn’t fit all, so join this webcast to explore your options 
for protecting enterprise data… so it doesn’t become a liability.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/9831/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Rich Hartman at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/993366/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **