Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] [GENERAL] - Outboards, theft, and serial numbers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:09:19 EDT

Well, you see young man, there probably are no terrorist issues  involved.  
That is, I don't think there is any real danger in your vessel  becoming a 
weapon of mass destruction with the obvious exception of only  performing real 
harm upon yourself.  I mean, if you tried ramming an  aircraft carrier, I have it 
on very good advice that the carrier would  win.  I could be wrong, assuming 
you perhaps got up to hull speed, but with  that heavy Honda hanging on the 
back, I doubt such scenario.  So, no  threat, easy registration.  In the other 
hand, try the initial state  registration of a boat without the requisite 
provenance.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 5/25/2007 6:21:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Wow, how'd they do it this  fast ?!?
 
My new two-year boat  registration paperwork (and wallet-size card) arrived 
in the today's mail,  less than 24 hours after I spoke with David, the state 
boat registration  bureau chief!  I talked with him only yesterday, at the close 
of his  business day no less.
 
The outboard information is  corrected on it to show the new Honda 8hp motor; 
and its serial number is also  listed on the new form and card.
 
Gratus -- no charge or fee  involved.
 
Sometimes government --  both a state bureaucracy and the federal post office 
-- can be amazingly  efficient and surprisingly quick!  I'm pleasantly  
amazed.
 
Chip Ford  --

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.