Subject: RE: [AthofSV] People getting threats because they say no.

From: "Mark W. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:56:07 -0700

I've got a section at http://www.godlessgeeks.com on Islam.  They often say
that Islam is a peaceful religion.  I don't think so.  Most of the followers
may be peaceful, but their holy book is not.

In Islam, apostasy is punishable by death.

>From the  Quran:
=================
4.14. But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His
limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide
therein: And they shall have a humiliating punishment.

5.33. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger,
and strive with might and main for
mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off
of hands and feet from opposite sides,
or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy
punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

8.55. For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject
Him: They will not believe.

Of course, the Quran has many verses about non-Muslims:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
2.39. But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be
companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein.

3.151 Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that
they joined companions with Allah,
for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil
is the home of the wrong-doers!

9.5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans
wherever ye find them, an seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if
they repent, and establish regular
prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah
is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

9.64. Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers and prepared for them a
Blazing Fire,

9.73. (With the result) that Allah has to punish the Hypocrites, men and
women, and the Unbelievers, men and women,
and Allah turns in Mercy to the Believers, men and women: for Allah is
Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

9.123. O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let
them find firmness in you:
and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.

33.29. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that
forbidden which hath been forbidden by
Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if
they are) of the People of the Book, until
they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

33.30. The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ
the son of Allah. That is a saying from
their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to
say. Allah's curse be on them: how they
are deluded away from the Truth!

47.4. Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their
necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly
subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for)
either generosity or ransom: Until the war
lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah.s
Will, He could certainly have exacted
retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test
you, some with others. But those who are
slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

48.29. Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are
strong against Unbelievers,
(but) compassionate amongst each other.

60.4. ... there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,-
unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone.

66.9. O Prophet! Strive hard against the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and
be firm against them.
Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed).

72.23. "Unless I proclaim what I receive from Allah and His Messages: for
any that disobey Allah and
His Messenger,- for them is Hell: they shall dwell therein for ever."

98.6. Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the
Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire,
to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
bty83947820
  Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 8:04 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [AthofSV] People getting threats because they say no.

  People getting threats because they do not wish to be part of a
  religious group,I hear of the problems in Germany for some people,who
  just wish to get on with their lives;how sad it all is when there are
  still people who have a head full of funny ideas about how other
  people should live there lives,when it comes to religion it should be
  a simple matter of choice,for consenting adults, like sex not till you
  are old enough to understand so you are not psychologcaly damaged.
  My parents asked me how I felt about going to church and said I did
  not feel like going so that was the end of the discussion,then I had
  enlitghtend parents...I feel sorry for all those who have no choise
  and find themselves trapped; I think it is a crime to bring up
  children in a closed world. Lets hope that change comes soon and the
  more enlightened individuals make the right decisions for the young of
  the future. Dr Dennis Roadnight.