Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] [TECH] where to put Chip's handrails

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:03:27 EDT

Another thing I realized about the handrails, and that is using them when  
boarding from the trailer wheels.  If they are mounted on the pop top, they  may 
difficult to reach not to mention the lateral forces put onto the handrails  
when one does this which may not be too good when mounted on the relatively 
thin  pop top, as opposed to the thicker cabin top.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 4/11/2007 6:25:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Now that's a fundamental analysis of the situation, Bayard.  You've got me 
convinced that I don't need a cabin top winch either; at  least one of them 
could go.

Thinking like a lawyer for a moment, it  seems to me that a teak rail on the 
pop top would invite its use while the  pop top is up, thereby endangering 
any cabin occupants. On the other hand,  a rail there might be useful to hold 
while raising or lowering the pop  top.

Robert Bemben
Bliss Twp., Michigan
1991 C22 wing  keel
Sail # 15185
"Jib Dance"

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.