Subject: CIO Enterprise: 7 Things the CIO Should Know About Telecommuting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:38:27 -0400

CIO.com has a fresh new look – featuring the 
Advice & Opinion Online Community 
You count on CIO.com for insight into the latest 
management and technology news. Now you can connect 
with CIO staffers, noted experts and IT leaders 
through Advice & Opinion. Ask questions, get answers 
or simply share your unique skills and experiences 
with others at http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/7468/0/

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
May 16, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

7 Things the CIO Should Know About Telecommuting

IT workers who telecommute share advice for their bosses 
about the process, technology, and attitudes necessary for 
staff to be productive when they work from home.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8055/0/

Also in this issue:
1. What, When and How to Respond to a Data Breach
2. Becoming a Change Leader
3. The Origins of "Geek" and Other Terms of Note
4. Wall Street's Market News Systems Vulnerable to Fraud
5. How To Get More From Tech Vendors
6. How to Detect Security Vulnerabilities in Your Systems
7. Full Cost: It's Time to Pay Attention
8. Using Metrics to Diagnose Problems: A Case Study

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by LogLogic 

Bringing New Visibility to Enterprise Risks, Threats & Compliance 
Mandates Webcast Event 
Join LogLogic on Tuesday May 30th at 11am PT / 2pm ET as we reveal 
our new breakthrough release, LogLogic 4, that brings visibility to 
your enterprise log data. Enhanced capabilities in log management 
such as multi-dimensional analytics, universal log processing, open 
log services platforms, and log data warehousing are bringing power 
to IT departments. Make your IT department superheroes by giving them 
the tools to help mitigate threats to your enterprise data and comply 
with mandates with ease. Register today!

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8056/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What, When and How to Respond to a Data Breach

Data breaches happened 268 times during 2006. Now, it's happened 
to your organization. What do you do?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8057/0/

2. Becoming a Change Leader

If you want to lead your organization to achieve its goals—
and stand out from the pack when competing for jobs—you need to 
learn how to lead change effectively. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8058/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Endpoint Security 
Virtual Trade Show 

Endpoint Security: securing the edges of your network

How secure are you with your company's level of endpoint security? 
Join industry experts and your peers for this virtual conference on 
endpoint security. This FREE conference will focus on the strategies 
and tactics for protecting data at the edge of your network– from the 
struggle over standards to the physical aspects of securing the network.

Endpoint Security Virtual Conference 
Brought to you by: CIO, Computerworld and CSO
Live Event: May 23, 2007
On Demand: May 24 – Nov. 30, 2007

Register today: http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/7483/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. The Origins of "Geek" and Other Terms of Note

The words we use shape our thoughts. Here's where some of those 
words come from. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8059/0/

4. Wall Street's Market News Systems Vulnerable to Fraud

A financial services CISO exposes what he considers a huge, 
unchecked vulnerability in how Wall Street processes market news. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8060/0/

5. How To Get More From Tech Vendors

Mid-market CIOs often feel like they’re not receiving full 
attention from their vendors. After all, the big guys have 
more money to spend and more staff to help manage vendor 
relationships. This means if you're a mid-market CIO, you 
need to get a bit crafty. At our recent leadership conference, 
some CIOs shared their strategies.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8061/0/

6. How to Detect Security Vulnerabilities in Your Systems

Spyware, rootkits, Trojans, viruses, worms, bots, zombies and  
various other blended threats cause billions of dollars in 
damages. How can you reduce your risk?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8062/0/

7. Full Cost: It's Time to Pay Attention

Most IT leaders don't have a clue how important their business 
and cost planning processes are. There may not be much buzz 
around full cost, says Columnist N. Dean Meyer, but there should 
be. Have a look at what's at stake.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8063/0/

8. Using Metrics to Diagnose Problems: A Case Study

When initially deploying transactional financial systems it's wise 
to make sure perimeter and application defenses are sufficient.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8064/0/ 

Hot Picks

1. Becoming a Change Leader
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8065/0/

2. 5 Things Carly Fiorina Has Learned About Leadership
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8066/0/

3. What The World Is Flat Means to IT Outsourcing
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8067/0/

4. A Conversation with Dell
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8068/0/

5. Riding the ERP Bus Forever
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8069/0/

Shawna McAlearney
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Arsenal Digital 

Data Protection for SMBs: Beyond Tape Backup
In this paper, you’ll learn how more and more SMBs are using on-demand 
data protection services as an affordable, workable solution to their 
growing backup, recovery and business continuity challenges, and how you 
can implement a company-wide data protection solution while minimizing 
capital expenditures.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/8070/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/827722/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **