Subject: AAII Investor Update - 4/2 Issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:47:48 -0800

Dear DAVID C. HARRIS,

Welcome to the AAII Investor Update, an E-Newsletter exclusive to AAII 
membership. In each issue, the Investor Update highlights the ideas and 
advice needed to ensure a profitable financial future.

CONTENTS (scroll down to find topics of interest): 

1. AAII COMMENTARY -- "Choosing the Right Mix: Lessons From Life Cycle 
Funds"
2. AAII JOURNAL ON-LINE -- "Mutual Fund Marathon: The Top Funds Over 
Five Years: 2002-2006"
3. INVESTOR SURVEY RESULTS -- In What Direction Are the Markets 
Heading? 
4. NEWS YOU CAN USE -- "Show Me the Money: Tracing a Firm's Cash Flow"
5. AAII.COM UPDATE -- "Your Bond Investing Questions Answered"
6. FEATURED INVESTMENT PRODUCT -- "AAII Investor Conference"

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
IMPORTANT NOTE: To prevent this AAII E-mail Newsletter from getting 
blocked by a spam filter, please add us to your "Friends" list or enter 
[email-masked] in your address book. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

1. AAII COMMENTARY 

"Choosing the Right Mix: Lessons From Life Cycle Funds"
This week, William W. Jennings and William Reichenstein show you what 
you can learn from four life cycle fund families.

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/349/0/ 

2. AAII JOURNAL ON-LINE

The April issue of the AAII Journal is now available on-line.

"Mutual Fund Marathon: The Top Funds Over Five Years: 2002-2006"
Mutual funds are judged by their track records, and for long-term 
investors it is the five-year marathon that is key. Who were the top 
performers, and what allowed them to survive the marathon run and come 
out on top? A look at the winners--and how they did it.

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/363/0/ 

3. INVESTOR SURVEY RESULTS (an AAII exclusive) 

This week, AAII members see the overall direction of the investment 
markets as follows: 

Bullish	42.68%
Neutral	31.71%
Bearish	25.61%

This week's survey saw bullish sentiment fall to 42.68%, above its 
long-term average of 39.3%. Neutral sentiment rose to 31.71%, below the 
long-term average of 32.3%. And bearish sentiment fell to 25.61%, below 
the long-term average of 28.4%.

Click here to participate in next week's on-line Investor Survey: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/2/0/ 

4. NEWS YOU CAN USE 

AAII Investor Classroom:

"Show Me the Money: Tracing a Firm's Cash Flow"
This AAII investor classroom teaches you the importance of knowing how 
a company raises money and what they use it for. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/350/0/

"Top Mutual Funds Guide--Download"
The 2007 Top Mutual Funds download is now available on-line. The file 
contains all the funds covered in our popular book plus an additional 
850 funds. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/364/0/ 

"AAII Model Portfolios"

AAII members receive model portfolio access through coverage in the 
AAII Journal and AAII.com. These real-world portfolios have solid 
performance track records and are a great educational tool for our 
members. We encourage you to review the investment rules and our 
current and long-term performance numbers on AAII.com.
 
AAII Model Fund Portfolio, 11.0% 12-month return

AAII Model Shadow Stock Portfolio, 28.1% 12-month return

More portfolio data, including, three- and 10-year performance figures 
and all of our current holdings can be found at: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/21/0/ 

"AAII Investor Conference: Just Added"

AAII's Senior Financial Analyst, John Bajkowski, will be discussing the 
Model Shadow Stock Portfolio at our 2007 Investor Conference. If you 
have any questions about this popular AAII Model Portfolio or simply 
want to learn more about how it works, we encourage you to attend the 
conference. 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/315/0/

5. AAII.COM UPDATE 

Your financial IQ will greatly improve with these "how-to" investor 
articles. Click on any topic/article of interest below: 

Bonds
"Your Bond Investing Questions Answered"

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/351/0/ 

Taxes
"Personal Tax & Financial Planning Guide 2006"

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/365/0/ 

Investing Basics
"Financial Check-Up: Figuring Out Your Mutual Fund Portfolio"

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/352/0/ 

6. FEATURED INVESTMENT PRODUCT 

AAII Investor Conference: November 8 - 10, 2007 
Hilton Walt Disney World Resort
Orlando, Florida

AAII is now accepting reservations for our popular Investor Conference. 
The event includes 25 "must-attend" investing seminars along with 32 
investor workshops -- all for the low cost of $295 per attendee. This 
special event sells out quickly. Use the following link to learn how to 
reserve your spot.

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/315/0/ 

*********************************************************************** 

If the links in this E-mail are not clickable through your computer, 
please complete the following steps: 

1. Highlight the link in the E-mail by left-clicking your mouse and 
dragging the cursor over the entire URL provided. 
2. Under Edit in the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Copy. 
3. Open your Web site browser and click once in the address window 
(your cursor should be placed inside the window). 
4. Under Edit in the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Paste 
and click Enter. 

Thanks for reading this edition of the AAII Update. We value your 
membership and your continued use of our investment articles, tools and 
services. On occasion, as part of your Update subscription you will 
receive special offers, discounts and promotions from AAII and other 
leading financial content providers. 

IMPORTANT: This is an automated system and does not cancel your paid 
AAII membership. 

To unsubscribe please click on the following link: 

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/12/0/ 

To edit your E-Newsletter subscriptions or to manage your profile, 
click on the link below to go to the My Account area on AAII.com. Here 
you can also update your e-mail and shipping address, change your login 
information and select a Local Chapter affiliation.

http://list.aaii.com/t/214723/5489642/276/0/ 
 
*********************************************************************** 

The American Association of Individual Investors
625 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1900
Chicago, Illinois 60611