Subject: [AthofSV] Fwd: The WORLD will END in THREE MONTHS!

From: "Bing Gibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:13:52 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Augustine" <a.tulips@...> wrote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: The SubGenius Foundation, Inc. 1-216-320-9528
Fax: (216) 320-9528
stang@...

CLEVELAND, Ohio, April 5, 2007: The Church of the SubGenius has
announced that the end of the world will take place on Thursday, July
5, 2007. In preparation for the fulfillment of this doomsday prophecy,
the Church has issued a call to all of its members, to participate in
a festival with rock concerts and blasphemous rituals taking place in
upstate New York, during the final weekend before the arrival of the
apocalypse.

The Church of the SubGenius is a popular organization often seen as a
"parody" of religious cults, including Scientology, the Raelians, the
Unification Church, and racist hate groups such as Christian Identity.
The organization is widely seen as a satire that mocks organized
religion, or as the church describes itself, "a cynisacreligion."

Since its inception in 1953, Church founder J.R. "Bob" Dobbs has
predicted that a fleet of flying saucers will arrive at the beginning
of July to destroy the worldwide Conspiracy against the Church of the
SubGenius, while all ordained SubGenius ministers will be rescued by
escape vessels piloted by the Alien Sex Goddesses, also known as the
Xists.

The Church is inviting all of its members worldwide to gather together
for the final hours in Sherman, New York from Wednesday, July 4 to
Sunday, July 8, at a clothing-optional outdoor campground called
Brushwood Folklore Center. The first gathering at this compound took
place in 1996, and the event has increased in size and participants
each following year. 1998 was designated the first true "X-Day," and
each successive year has added one to the total. This year's
celebration in 2007 is X-Day 10, or X-Day X.

The Church has been engaged in a massive recruitment campaign to
increase the numbers of its membership before the arrival of the
Xists. According to Church records, the organization currently has
approximately 100,000 members worldwide. SubGenius recruitment has
been especially dedicated among the ranks of people who refuse to
conform to the norms of society, including disbelievers, blasphemers,
pranksters, rebels, hackers, pornographers, geeks, and outcasts.

The Church is seeking underground bands, indie rockers, performance
artists, and performers and producers from the adult entertainment
industry, because sexual freedom has been an important part of Church
doctrine from the start. X-Day will be a celebration of free
expression, performance art, rock and roll, pornography, and adult
entertainment; and certain parts of the event will be restricted to
adults only. Only ordained ministers of the Church of the SubGenius
are allowed at the event, but the Church is accepting memberships at
its standard rate of $30 up until the final hours of July 4.

The Church of the SubGenius has been no stranger to controversy since
its foundation, and the upcoming X-Day celebration promises to be no
different. In the late 1980s, members of the Church were accused of
spreading a virus in Macintosh computers known as the "Peace Virus."
Numerous articles have been written on the Church in such noteworthy
publications as the New York Times, Washington Post, Wired Online,
Boston Globe, U.S. News and World Report; and broadcast reports have
been produced by CNN and NPR. In April 1999, officials of the city of
Cambridge, Massachusetts shut down an official SubGenius Devival
gathering in the belief that the Church was affiliated with the
Trenchcoat Mafia (the organization blamed for the Columbine high
school shootings), though authorities later realized the association
was mistaken. In its January 1, 2000 issue, a Time magazine poll
declared J.R. "Bob" Dobbs the biggest fraud of the 20th century.

The Church received additional media attention in 2006 when one of its
high-ranking members, known in SubGenius circles as Reverend Mary
Magdalen, became involved in a legal battle for custody of her son due
to her membership in the Church. This case has been covered in such
popular online sites as Boing Boing, Fark, and Wikinews (Wikipedia's
news reporting service). Reverend Magdalen is being represented by the
law firm of Lipsitz Green Fahringer Roll Salisbury & Cambria, LLP.

Detailed information about X-Day can be found on the World Wide Web at
the X-Day Web site:

    http://www.modemac.com/x-day

The official home page of the Church of the SubGenius can be found at:

    http://www.subgenius.com

Reverend Mary Magdalen's custody case:

    http://www.modemac.com/wiki/Reverend_Magdalen

Photographers, entertainers, production companies, radio broadcasters,
and all media producers are encouraged to contact the Church at its
Cleveland, Ohio headquarters at 1-216-320-9528.

--
                        The High Weirdness Project
                          http://www.modemac.com

--- End forwarded message ---