Subject: [AthofSV] SF Atheists meet Saturday, review of "BattleCry" protest & more...

From: "Conrad Goeringer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:53:51 -0000

SAN FRANCISCO ATHEISTS MEET
SATURDAY, MARCH 31, 2007
"BATTLECRY PROTEST REVIEW" to feature
Don Havis,  Mark Thomas, Chuck Cannon

Earlier this month, the religious right youth group known as 
BattleCry brought its message of uncritical, militant faith and 
intolerance of modernity to San Francisco.  An estimated 22,000 teens 
gathered  to "proclaim their faith and devotion to God, all the while 
rejecting the negative influences of today's pop-culture" according 
to ABC News.

San Francisco Atheists was one of the many groups protesting the 
strident, theocratic message of the BattleCry militants.  At the next 
SF Atheists meeting, there will be a review of the action.  Join us 
at 6:00 PM this Sunday, March 31, 2007 at Schroeder's Restaurant, 
rear dining room, 240 Front Street in the heart of the Financial 
District.  Schroeder's is two block north of Market between 
California St. and Sacramento St..  Use California street cable car, 
or BART/MUNI Embarcadero stop.  There is parking on the street or at 
a nearby garage.  The restaurant will remain open after the meeting, 
so we can socialize and greet old friends and make new ones!

Congrats to Don Havis who organized our participation in the 
BattleCry counter-rally, held in cooperation with many other secular 
groups on the SF City Hall steps on March 9.  We were well 
represented.  Don Havis, Mark Thomas and Chuck Cannon spoke.  Ray 
Borkowski, Sheldon Duderstadt, Larry Hamelin, Larry Hicok and John 
McCoy attended.  Sid Kass followed up with a letter in the SF 
Chronicle newspaper.  Good work, guys!

WHAT: San Francisco Atheists meeting this, "BattleCry Protest Review"

WHEN: This Saturday, March 31, 2007, 6:00 PM

WHERE: Schroeder's Restaurant, rear dining room, 240 Front Street in 
the heart of the Financial District.  Schroeder's is two block north 
of Market between California St. and Sacramento St..  Use California 
street cable car, or BART/MUNI Embarcadero stop

MORE INFO: http://www.sfatheists.com or contact Dave Kong, 
[email-masked]