Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] [General] - My latest project

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:15:09 EDT

I once sailed a Catalina 22 in my pajamas.  But how it got into my  pajamas 
I'll never know.
 
Bayard "Grocho Marx" Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT

In a message dated 9/28/2007 6:56:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Out of  concern for leaks, and a place that I can work on Delphinus 
during the  dark, dreary Seattle winter months, I found a perfect 
solution to my quest  for "pajamas" for Delphinus.  I'm still debating if 
I want to deal  with the soft forward deck, painting, or keel overhaul.   
Hmmm.....

http://fredmeyer.inserts2online.com/pageLarge.jsp?pageNumber=1&drpStoreId=459#

(hopefully  that works)  I saw a really good price on the car canopy - 
see the  bottom of that ad.  It's 20 feet long, 10 feet wide, and 9ft 7 
inches  tall.  The boat should fit under that just fine with a little 
room at  the top to spare.  I measured to the top of my mast (stowed of  
course!) and it was just under 8.5 feet, so this should work well.   
Last night it was raining pretty hard, so I went to to check on  things.  
Yep.  Found a leak on my stanchion that I  re-sealed.  Ugh!  But at least 
that was the only leak in the  cabin that I found.  I have tarps on the 
boat right now. 
Really  ugly rain forecast for Sunday, so my project for tomorrow is 
setting up  the canopy and tucking the boat under it.  I'll share photos 
when I  get things figured out.  Anyone else using something like  this?

Tom
Delphinus #880
Renton,  WA

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com