Subject: CIO Mobile: Using GPS to Track Your Mobile Workforce

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:34:55 -0400

CIO Mobile

June 13, 2007

Review: TeleNav Track Uses GPS to Manage Your Mobile Workforce
Need to keep tabs on your mobile workers? Want to boost the efficiency of 
staffers in the field? A cell phone-based GPS tracking service can help 
ensure your drivers are where they ought to be, your sales folks have detailed 
directions to their next destinations, your field technicians get the most 
up-to-date job scheduling and update information, and more. CIO.com evaluated 
the TeleNav Track service and its deployment on a BlackBerry 8800, and we list 
reasons why you might love it—and why you might not.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8795/0/ 

Also in this issue of CIO Wireless:
1. How to Speak Wireless
2. Wireless Power: Charging over the Air
3. Cities Trade Secrets for Launching Public Wi-Fi
4. Drugs, RFID and the Legislative Tangle

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by BlackBerry 

Improving Communication in Emergency Situations: 
Mobile Business Continuity Planning Solutions

Without an effective plan in place, disruptions to business operations 
or government services can cause substantial financial loss, unnecessary 
personal or property damage, and serious impacts to communities. Business 
continuity planning (BCP) and organizational procedures for continuity of 
operations (COOP) can be strengthened and enhanced by means of proven wireless 
solutions. Preparing effectively for catastrophic events, power outages, 
weather-related incidents, and similar threats requires forward-looking 
procedures, a responsive communication network, and a framework of supporting technology.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8796/0/
--------------------------------------------------------

1. How to Speak Wireless

The bets your company makes on wireless technology will likely depend on 
where you work; they could also depend on how many different technologies 
your customers require you to support.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8797/0/

2. Wireless Power: Charging over the Air

Researchers at MIT have successfully implemented what had previously been 
a theoretical system for delivering power via electromagnetic waves, they lit 
a 60-watt light bulb that was sitting 7 feet away from its power source.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8798/0/ 

3. Cities Trade Secrets for Launching Public Wi-Fi

Stung by criticism of high-cost, flaky service and pandering to recreational 
Web surfers, cities can justify their investment in free wireless service by 
using the networks to support public safety radio traffic, attract new businesses 
and abolish the "digital divide." And despite the tribulations of launching a 
regional wireless Internet network, some cities are making progress by sharing 
their hard-won lessons.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8799/0/

4. Drugs, RFID and the Legislative Tangle

While the federal government's push to trace the movement of drugs has been 
slowed, several states have stepped in with rules of their own.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8800/0/ 

Hot Picks for the Week

1. Salaries: Seven Tips for Getting What You Want
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8801/0/

2. CIO.com Blog Post: What's With All the Layoffs?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8802/0/

3. Five Warning Signs It's Time to Look for a New Job
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8803/0/

4. What Banks Tell Online Customers About Their Security
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8804/0/

5. Five Tips for Bringing Web 2.0 Into the Enterprise
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8805/0/

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by RusSoft 

Successful Multisourcing 
Price should not be the key consideration for successful multisourcing. 
A white paper by IDC examines how experience and continuity of the workforce 
are now critical success factors. The paper explores the success of offshore 
locations like Russia who have increased customer satisfaction and lowered 
cost by retaining employees through offering growth and development plans. 
www.idc.com/russoft

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8806/0/
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading CIO Mobile

Sandy Kendall
Senior Editor
CIO.com

Check out our other newsletters for up-to-date
information on topics such as leadership, enterprise
technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/3137/0/

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Wireless is sponsored by Siemens 

Smooth Your Transition to an Open Communications Platform
Keeping pace with change is demanding in today’s dynamic 
communications environment. It’s no longer just about the 
technology – but business transformation too. To gain an 
insight into the business process, financial and technological 
considerations you need to make to achieve transformation 
download this white paper now.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/8807/0/
--------------------------------------------------------

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Wireless because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to stop getting CIO Open Source,
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/u?id=1154143D&o=895372&l=cio_mobile

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences, 
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/1128/0/

Did you get CIO Wireless from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/1127/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, 
please contact: East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]; 
West Coast and Central - Lori Kehoe at [email-masked] or Sara 
Mascall at [email-masked].

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/1129/0/

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/895372/1154143/1130/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **