Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] [Tech] Masthead sheaves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:37:39 EDT

Thanks for the explanation Bayard. The PO upgraded(?) to a flat sided mast at 
some point. I'll have to look inside the truck to see if the lines will pass 
thru. The old oval mast came with the boat, which worked out for SOBB TOO not 
long after I joined this list!

Mark Blanton
1976 #6554, Swing Keel
Mer-Sea
Cary,NC

**************************************
 See what's free at 
http://www.aol.com.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:08:26 EDT

As I now have an oval mast for my boat that had a flat sided mast, I'd say  
that flat sided mast was not an upgrade.  The flat sided mast weighs about  
seven pounds more than the oval mast according to my bathroom scale measurements  
and it is not as aerodynamic as the oval mast.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 6/13/2007 7:41:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Thanks for the explanation Bayard. The PO upgraded(?) to a  flat sided mast 
at some point. I'll have to look inside the truck to see if  the lines will 
pass thru. The old oval mast came with the boat, which worked  out for SOBB TOO 
not long after I joined this list!

Mark  Blanton
1976 #6554, Swing  Keel
Mer-Sea
Cary,NC

**************************************
See  what's free at http://www.aol.com.

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.