Subject: [AthofSV] Soul - Science Strikes Again

From: Ben Baumgartner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 04:15:28 -0700

Godless,

Science Strikes Again

The Buffalo Free Inquiry meeting sometime ago had a speaker the talked 
about the soul.  He said that as the fertilized egg divides it sometime 
divides into 2 cells, but there is a period of time that the cells can 
recombine according to medical science.  This means that there is one 
soul; then there has to be another soul if the soul is inserted by a 
mythical god at the time of fertilization.  What happen when the rare 
occasion that the cells recombine?  Does this mythical god recycle the 
already issued soul? 

According to the speaker, the nonscientific bible that is the word this 
mythical god, states that the soul is indestructible.  His talk was 
recorded and is available for Free Inquiry.  (I do not have a bible 
program file; so I did not search for all the soul references.)  The 
spontaneous abortion must also again require a soul recovery for 
recycling or maybe this is a shortcut to a fictitious heaven.

I have heard that some people think the soul is present at 
fertilization.  Others think this happens later on, even months later at 
quickening.  So until medical science can detect the supposed existence 
of a soul we just have to wait.  What does Jimmy the Greek say the odds are?

God-frey