Subject: CIO Enterprise: Seven Tips for Getting the Salary You Want

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:53:28 -0400

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
June 6, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

Salaries: Seven Tips for Getting What You Want
The trick is not to talk dollars and cents.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8595/0/

Also in this issue:
1. ABC: An Introduction to IT Governance
2. Five Tips for Bringing Web 2.0 Into the Enterprise
3. Distractions at Work
4. Is the Enterprise Afraid of Web 2.0?
5. Quality Doesn’t Just Happen
6. What's Wrong With Security?
7. What Moving from Good to Great Means for CIOs Who Want to Lead
8. What the Chip War Means for Your Data Center

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Bluespring Software 

Webinar: Characteristics of a Truly Agile Business Process Technology
Join Colin Teubner, BPMS Analyst at Forrester Research and Karl Treier, 
Chief Technology Officer at Bluespring Software for a webinar that breaks 
down what process agility is, its impact on the business and how to look 
for it in a BPMS technology. – June 20th, 12PM Eastern.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8596/0/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. ABC: An Introduction to IT Governance

Virtually every company can reap the benefits of solid IT 
governance—from regulatory compliance to financial and technological 
accountability, ensuring that companies stay on track to achieve 
their strategies and goals. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8597/0/

2. Five Tips for Bringing Web 2.0 Into the Enterprise

Your customers are talking about you. Here's how to join their 
conversation. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8598/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by TomorrowNow 

Funding the CIO’s Innovation Gap: The TomorrowNow Alternative 
Written by Josh Greenbaum, Principal, Enterprise Applications Consulting 
Many IT budgets are locked up in “entitlements” that don’t add value to 
the bottom line. How do CIOs fund “the innovation gap” without lowering 
service levels or effectiveness? This report discusses how TomorrowNow’s 
third-party enterprise software support offering enables CIOs to free-up 
IT budgets for innovative and profitable IT projects. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8599/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Distractions at Work

Distractions and interruptions are legion, but the worst culprits 
are e-mail and the crisis du jour, reports researcher Chuck Martin. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8600/0/

4. Is the Enterprise Afraid of Web 2.0?

With their emphasis on collaboration and openness, tools like 
wikis, blogs and social networking sites can provoke the executive 
mindset. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8601/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Trend Micro 

Save the Date: June 7, 2007
Pre-register today for the 2007 Virtual Security Summit "Protecting your 
Enterprise: Now and Into the Future" sponsored by CIO Magazine and Trend 
Micro. Plan to join us for an interactive day to learn about the emerging 
threat landscape and how best to arm your enterprise.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8089/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Quality Doesn’t Just Happen

If developers and managers both want to create software that users 
love, why is it that so many shoddy software projects escape from 
the Quality Assurance department? Judy McKay shares tales from the 
dark side of software testing, explains the lessons that every 
manager should learn, and gives real numbers to demonstrate how 
better-tested software costs less. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8602/0/

6. What's Wrong With Security?

Five experts share their ideas for fixing information security's 
most pressing problems 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8603/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Polycom 

High Definition: The Evolution of Video Conferencing
Video conferencing technology has significantly evolved. The latest 
development is the provision of high definition (HD), which enables 
high-quality, interactive audio and video communication in real-time 
across a network. This white paper examines HD video conferencing 
standards, requirements, resolutions and formats, as well as how to 
ensure a complete HD experience.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8604/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. What Moving from Good to Great Means for CIOs Who Want to Lead

Author Jim Collins explains why he sees CIOs as quiet leaders, and 
what challenges they face in their drive to be the best. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8605/0/

8. What the Chip War Means for Your Data Center

Should you standardize on AMD or Intel? It depends, say our experts. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8606/0/ 

Hot Picks

1. Eight Sound Reasons Not to Use MySQL
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8607/0/

2. How Online Criminals Make Themselves Tough to Find, Near Impossible to Nab
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8608/0/

3. Five Sensible Tips for Achieving Work-Life Balance
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8609/0/

4. Is the Enterprise Afraid of Web 2.0?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8610/0/

5. Why Your BlackBerry Causes Speakers to Buzz
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8611/0/

Shawna McAlearney
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Azul Systems 

Extreme Transaction Processing: Technologies to Watch
Extreme transaction processing (XTP) is an emerging application style 
aimed at enabling the implementation of large-scale, business-critical, 
transactional applications on the basis of distributed architectures 
implemented by leveraging commodity hardware and standards-based software. 
This research discusses a set of emerging XTP-enabling technologies, 
including Azul Compute Appliances.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/8612/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/875484/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **