Subject: [Catalina-22] Catalina 22 Sport

From: "John Demby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:19:24 -0500

Hello All -

I am curious if anyone on the list has taken the plunge and stepped up to a
C-22 Sport?  My father-in-law and I have found a dealer with a great deal on
one that is in stock with no extras and is willing to sell below dealer cost
to get one on our lake to help spur others to look at the boat.  I am
assuming that the boat might not be selling as well as Catalina had hoped?
If we do the deal we are going to sell our 1983 C-22 and 1987 C-25 Tall
Rig.  I will say since we do not do overnight crusing since we aare on
inland lakes, I love the clean cabin and the larger much more useable
cockpit.

Also - Any opions on Racing Sails would be welcome as well.  I was going to
go the North Sail route if we go with the boat, but I am curious if anyone
else are using any other performance sails out there.

Just curious for some opinons out there ...

John Demby
1983 C-22 SK (Pernila)
1987 C-25 TR (Three Sisters)
Lake Lavon and Lake Arlington TX

---

From: Ian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:35:38 -0500

John,

  I have a C22 Sport that I purchased last year.  I love it and sail it most
every weekend doing both overnight cruises and racing.  I have actually been
doing pretty good racing against some of the other club members.  I beat all
of the old salty C22's in one of last weeks races, so I would say the boat
is competitive.   I am using Gus racing sails btw and am pleased with them.
I use them as both my cruising and racing sails as they were only about $100
more than the stock sails.  Go or it, i dont think you will be unhappy.

Ian Buchanan
C-22 Sport SK (Tormenta)
15609
Huntsville, AL

On 4/4/07, John Demby <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello All -
>
> I am curious if anyone on the list has taken the plunge and stepped up to
> a C-22 Sport?  My father-in-law and I have found a dealer with a great deal
> on one that is in stock with no extras and is willing to sell below dealer
> cost to get one on our lake to help spur others to look at the boat.  I am
> Also - Any opions on Racing Sails would be welcome as well.  I was going
> to go the North Sail route if we go with the boat, but I am curious if
> anyone else are using any other performance sails out there.
>