Subject: [Catalina-22] [GEAR] V berth replacement cushions

From: "Jill Calabria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:16:37 -0500

Hi everyone,

New subscriber here with cabin cushion question. Have any of you
replaced the V berth cushions?

I'm thinking of using a dense 5 inch thick foam and recovering using
an easy to clean, yet comfy to sleep on fabric or vinyl. Anyone have
experience or suggestions? Anything out there mold proof?

If you have measurements to share or a template that would be great.
I've seen replacements that have three cushions and others with a lot
more.

I replaced all other cushions four years ago and am worried about
getting the angles right for the edges. Any and all suggestions are
welcome. Thank
you in advance and happy sailing!

Jill Calabria
Alexandria, VA
1979 Swing Keel "Windsome" #8967
CTYH8967M79

---

From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:01:25 -0500

Jill,

I looked into replacement  cushions for my C22 until I actually slept
in the V berth. My nose nearly touched the top and it was very "close"
in the confined area. I suggest that you sleep once up there too and
see how you fit. I switched to a good quality Thermarest self
inflating sleeping pad and it made all the difference.  A lot more
room and much more comfortable. Though expensive, a good Thermarest
pad is much cheaper than new V-berth cushions. Also easier to clean!
If you go this route, do not buy a cheap imitation pad. Check out LL
Bean, etc to see the various pads. Thicker is better!

-- 
Bob Sparks
Alexandria LA
1977 Swing Keel "Petite"