Subject: CIO Leader: What JetBlue's CIO Learned About Customer Satisfaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:16:57 -0400

CIO Leader
April 9, 2007

Updates, insights and advice from CIO.com on your career,
and practical tips for effective leadership and
management.

What JetBlue's CIO Learned About Customer Satisfaction

An interview with JetBlue CIO Charles "Duffy" Mees about what 
was technology's fault, what were business process problems 
and what was unavoidable in the Valentine's Day ice storm 
debacle.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7041/0/

Also in this issue of CIO Leader:
1. Mind the Gap
2. Business Goes Boom...And You're Feeling the Shock Waves
3. Specialists vs. Generalists
4. Recent Job Postings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Leader is sponsored by HP 

Change Artists

Find out how CEOs and CIOs of today’s leading companies turn change 
into a competitive advantage. Watch Change Artists, an interactive 
webcast featuring Chevron CTO Don Paul. Produced by HP and broadcast 
by CNN and CIOmagazine. Sign up now 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/6940/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Mind the Gap

Making the leap to COO from CIO can be tricky. Three former CIOs 
share advice for making the transition successfully.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7042/0/

2. Business Goes Boom...And You're Feeling the Shock Waves

Feeling tense these days? A bit more jittery than usual? Who 
isn't? Business is moving at warp speed, and how that affects 
you is a fascinating and somewhat alarming issue. John Gantz, 
chief research officer at IDC (a sister company of CIO's 
publisher), recently presented some compelling data on market 
trends that may explain why your nightstand has Tums and Pepto 
right next to the alarm clock.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7043/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Leader is sponsored by ColdSpark 

Merrill Lynch Replaces Legacy Email Backbone with the ColdSpark Spark
Engine Mail Transport Platform for Global Mail Operations

Merrill Lynch required an enterprise-wide email infrastructure upgrade 
to support the expanding needs of their various lines of businesses. In 
addition, requirements related to regulatory compliance drove the need 
to explore more scalable approaches to email handling and archiving. 
This case study discusses how Merrill Lynch leveraged ColdSpark’s 
SparkEngine Platform to modernize their email systems. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/6797/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Specialists vs. Generalists

In these days of specialization, it can be more and more 
difficult for some to see and keep sight of the bigger picture 
at work.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7044/0/

4. Recent Job Postings

>>Senior IT Operations Manager
Lexington, New York, NY
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7045/0/

>>VP Software Development
Atlanta, GA
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7046/0/

>>Senior E-Government Specialist
Global Information and Communication Technologies, Washington DC
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7047/0/

For more job listings, visit
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7048/0/

Hot Picks
1. The Big OS Questions: Windows, Linux or Mac?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7049/0/

2. ABC: An Introduction to Web 2.0
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7050/0/

3. What JetBlue's CIO Learned About Customer Satisfaction
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7051/0/

4. CIO.com Blog Post: Are You Adequately Compensated?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7052/0/

5. Green IT: Environmental Sustainability Can Yield Increased Profits
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7053/0/

Thank you for reading the CIO Leader. Let me know if I can
make the newsletter more useful or fun to read. 

You've got to be able to hold a lot of contradictory ideas 
in your mind without going nuts. I feel like to do my job 
right, when I walk out onstage I've got to feel like it's 
the most important thing in the world. Also I've got to feel 
like, well, it's only rock and roll. Somehow you've got to 
believe both of those things. --Bruce Springsteen

Esther Schindler
[email-masked]
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media

Want more? Check out our other newsletters for up-to-date
information on topics such as leadership, enterprise
technology, research, and more.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/2610/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Leader is sponsored by Iron Mountain 

More Information, More Records Management Options
For enterprises' critical business data, one size does not fit all 
when it comes to data storage and protection. Geoff Nesnow, Iron 
Mountain's senior manager of data protection market strategy, outlines 
some options and strategies for protecting everything from CRM data 
to business applications in this webcast with CXO Managing Editor 
Jim Malone. Click here to watch the webcast.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7054/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Leader because you 
are a subscriber to our print publication, or you
subscribed electronically to this newsletter. To stop 
receiving it (we'll be heartbroken, you know -- but we do
understand), please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/u?id=897165T&o=745138&l=cio_leader

To edit your newsletter preferences, go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7055/0/

Did you get CIO Leader from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Sure, you do! Go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/2610/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each
week. If you are interested in advertising in this
newsletter,
please contact:
East Coast: Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central: Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast: Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/2613/0/

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/745138/897165/7056/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are
reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. To contact someone 
directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **