Subject: CIO Careers: Advice for Leaders in Trouble and New Salary Negotiation Tactics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:00:22 -0400

CIO Careers: Advice for Leaders in Trouble and New Salary Negotiation Tactics

CIO Careers: Job listings and advice for your career

June 15, 2007

Leaders in Trouble
Paul Wolfowitz, former president of the World Bank, waged an ugly 
public battle to save his job over a pay scandal involving his 
girlfriend. Improper behavior? Maybe. Bad for the organization? 
Definitely. Columnist John Baldoni explores when enough is enough
and it's time to throw over an imperiled leader. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8885/0/

Also in this issue of CIO Careers:

1. How to Learn from Your Mistakes
2. Five Warning Signs It's Time to Look for a New Job
3. Salaries: Seven Tips for Getting What You Want
4. How Closely Is Your Pay Linked to Real IT Success?
5. How Working with VCs Can Boost Your Career 
6. New Networking Group for Private Equity CIOs
7. Movers & Shakers
8. New Job Listings

1. How to Learn from Your Leadership Mistakes
How you handle a mistake determines whether it is career killer
or temporary setback. Columnist and executive Coach Susan Cramm
shares three lessons one of her clients learned after assuming
an 'I-told-you-so' attitude with the busienss.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8886/0/

2. Five Warning Signs It's Time to Look for a New Job
It’s easier for a CIO to make a career move from a position of 
strength (read: employed). So use these ideas to assess your 
situation and whether it’s time to make a move now.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8887/0/

3. Salaries: Seven Tips for Getting What You Want
Executive recruiter Debra Feldman offers her time-tested advice
for negotiating compensation. The trick, she says, is not to focus 
on dollars and cents but on the value you bring to the table.
For details, check out the story and the thoughtful comments
readers have left.  
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8888/0/

4. How Closely Is Your Pay Linked to Real IT Success?
Measures to link hospital CEOs' pay with critical safety issues 
got CIO Senior Writer Tom Wailgum thinking about IT executives' pay. 
He wants to  know how you're compensated. Weigh in on the discussion
about CIO pay taking place on CIO.com. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8889/0/

5. How Working with VCs Can Boost Your Career
It's clear why venture capitalists want to hob-nob with CIOs: So
that they can get CIO feedback on technologies developed by their
portfolio companies. Likewise, CIOs have good reason to network 
with VCs. Columnist and executive recruiter Martha Heller explains
why you should fill in your linkedin network with names of VCs.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8890/0/

6. New Networking Group for Private Equity CIOs
Private Equity CIO is designed to bring together high-level IT 
decision-makers in the private equity industry so that they can
share best practices and war stories, network with each other,
and collectively stay abreast of new technologies. For more 
information on the group and for information on how to sign up, 
check out the article.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8891/0/

7. Movers & Shakers
Who’s been hired or fired this week? Our Movers & Shakers blog 
provides the scoop on the latest job changes and career moves 
among IT management.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/7783/0/

8. New Job Listings

>> Chief Information Officer
Health Choice Arizona
Tempe, Arizona
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8892/0/

>> Chief Information Officer/Associate VP for Information Technology
University of Missouri - Rolla
Rolla, MO
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8893/0/

>> Manager, Solutions Implementation
GXS
Gaithersburg, MD
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8894/0/

For more job listings, visit
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/6985/0/

HOT PICKS

1. Salaries: Seven Tips for Getting What You Want
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8895/0/

2. CIO.com Blog Post: What's With All the Layoffs?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8896/0/

3. Five Warning Signs It's Time to Look for a New Job
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8897/0/

4. What Banks Tell Online Customers About Their Security
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8898/0/

5. Five Tips for Bringing Web 2.0 Into the Enterprise
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/8899/0/

Thank you for reading CIO Careers.

Meridith Levinson
Senior Online Editor
CIO

Want more? Check out our other newsletters for up-to-date 
information on topics such as leadership, enterprise 
technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/2966/0/

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Careers because 
either you are a subscriber to our print publication, or 
you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

To unsubscribe, change your preferences, or change your e-mail 
address, go to the following URL: http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/6886/0/

Did you get CIO Careers from a friend? Want it sent directly to you? 
Go to: http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Lori Kehoe at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/2969/0/

CIO.com’s online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/898239/554282/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path, 
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

Please do not reply to this message. If you want to 
contact someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked].