Subject: [Catalina-22] [Barnacle Removal] How to . . .

From: Dwayne Perser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:37:32 -0400

Well, it's my off-season - too hot and too many thunderstorms EVERY day - summer in Florida.  So, after a year and a half in the water behind the house, I have pulled my vessel and my gosh - a whole damn community has set up on its hull.  The smell has dwindled - WOW!  that was awful.
 
Now, what's the best way to remove the barnacles on my boat?

Dwayne D. Perser
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Catalina 22 Swing Keel
Bohemian Rhapsody
CTY 02528 0873
http://chipford.com/list/members.htm#Dwayne_Perser
_________________________________________________________________
Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.
http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline

---

From: "Bob Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:37:29 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Pressure wash them off while it is still wet, if you let em dry first, scrap
and pressure wash and plan on several hour of wet and abbrasive work, wear
leather gloves.

Good luck 

Pensacola, Florida

1986 Catalina 22' Swing Keel #13524

Los Milagros

Navy Yacht Club Pensacola, Bayou Grande Marina, N A S P

http://www.chipford.com/list/members.htm#Bob_Wilson

-------Original Message-------

From: Dwayne Perser

Date: 09/17/07 16:12:46

To: C22 List

Subject: [Catalina-22] [Barnacle Removal] How to . . .

Well, it's my off-season - too hot and too many thunderstorms EVERY day -
summer in Florida.  So, after a year and a half in the water behind the
house, I have pulled my vessel and my gosh - a whole damn community has set
up on its hull.  The smell has dwindled - WOW!  that was awful.

 

Dwayne D. Perser

Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Catalina 22 Swing Keel

Bohemian Rhapsody

CTY 02528 0873

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café
 Play now!