Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] Sail Tack_better explained

From: "Pete Skalski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 11:48:40 -0500

Bayard, I have a 1982. Is it 3'3" or 3'6" for the boom height? Thanks,
Pete 11212Buckeye Lake, OH

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [email-masked]
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] Sail Tack_better explained
  Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:29:01 EDT

I think you're right Gareth.  In that case, Pete just needs those boom
stops that Catalina Direct sells and that I use myself:
http://tinyurl.com/n4cwh
Get three, one below the gooseneck, one above the gooseneck, and the
third to use as a sail stop. Set the top edge of the boom to the
appropriate hight off the mast step of either three feet six inches or
three feet three inches depending on boat year and then screw down the
sail stops above and below the gooseneck.  Easy. Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE
http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 5/1/2007 1:44:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

  I think Pete is talking about the downhaul. Gareth GammonFort St.
  James, B.C.1980 Swingkeel 9782Calypso

------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what's free at AOL.com.