Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] mo' Jib Sheet Car questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:25:43 EDT

The hole centers for one inch track can be different from that for the  15/16 
track.  Also, the 15/16 track uses no. 10 screws while the one inch  track 
may not use this bit rather no. 12 or 1/4 inch.
 
What this means is it an't no slip in process, especially in light of how  
difficult it is to get at the screws holding the 15/16 track.  Further, the  
larger no. 12 or 1/4 inch screws will tear up the scupper edge where the track  
is mounted.
 
However, you can put one inch inboard tracks on with no more difficulty  than 
putting in 15/16 inch inboard tracks.  This may be an answer but it  will 
require some work.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT

In a message dated 7/25/2007 2:20:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

So .... now I know why my jib sheet cars were  stolen, CD doesn't have any in 
stock. The woman said "three or four weeks  probably for more", which in the 
bicycle world means, "I really have no idea  when we'll have more". Ugh
 
My question is, if I change from a 15/16th  track to a one inch track like 
CatalinaDirect offers ( as equiped on post  86 boats) will I be able to source 
cars from various sources ? Is one inch a  standard in the sailing world or 
will I still be handcuffed by Catalina in the  furture if I "donate" more cars to 
the pirates.
 
Anyone have any 15/16ths for sale or loan until I  get this sorted out ? They 
will be stored below, not on the track anymore  .
 
Paul Kingsbury
Elmira NY
 
Ragamuffin

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at 
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour