Subject: CIO Enterprise: Mac as an Enterprise Computer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:43:28 -0400

CIO.com has a fresh new look – featuring the Advice & Opinion 
Online Community
You count on CIO.com for insight into the latest management 
and technology news. Now you can connect with CIO staffers, 
noted experts and IT leaders through Advice & Opinion. Ask 
questions, get answers or simply share your unique skills 
and experiences with others at http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7468/0/

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
May 9, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

Hi, I'm a Mac, and I'm Your Enterprise Computer 

As your company brings in more Macintosh computers, you need a 
bit of advice to integrate the Apple systems into your existing 
IT infrastructure. Head off the biggest concerns with these hints 
from leading Mac OS X experts. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7849/0/

Also in this issue:
1. To Lead, Align Your Values With Your Organization's Goals
2. U.S. Critical Infrastructure in Serious Jeopardy
3. ABC: An Introduction to Identity Management
4. How to Educate Your Business Leaders About IT 
(Without Alienating Them)
5. Five Bad Habits to Drop on the Road to Success
6. Want the Straight Scoop on Vista Security?
7. CIOs Need to Look Beyond IT to Lead Business Innovation
8. Put the Emphasis on "Process" for BPM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Endpoint Security Virtual Trade Show 

Endpoint Security: securing the edges of your network

How secure are you with your company's level of endpoint security? Join industry experts and your 
peers for this virtual conference on endpoint security. This FREE conference will focus on the 
strategies and tactics for protecting data at the edge of your network– from the struggle over 
standards to the physical aspects of securing the network.

Endpoint Security Virtual Conference 
Brought to you by: CIO, Computerworld and CSO
Live Event: May 23, 2007
On Demand: May 24 – Nov. 30, 2007

Register today: 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7483/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. To Lead, Align Your Values With Your Organization's Goals

The successful integration of high performance and organizational 
culture starts with the CIO. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7850/0/

2. U.S. Critical Infrastructure in Serious Jeopardy

Our electrical service, transportation, refineries and drinking 
water are at serious risk from very simple hacker attacks.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7851/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Oracle 

Total Cost of Ownership -- Making the Most of Your Information Technology (IT) Investments 
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) seek technology to help 
them enhance the value of their organization—for customers, employees, 
constituents, partners, and other stakeholders. More than ever, they are 
demanding technologies that cater to their specific needs and requirements. 
Get the whole story in this new white paper, available now for a limited time.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/6130/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. ABC: An Introduction to Identity Management 

Providing IT managers with tools and technologies for controlling 
user access to critical information within an organization.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7852/0/

4. How to Educate Your Business Leaders About IT 
(Without Alienating Them)

CIOs are expected to know all about the business they serve. 
Business people don't need to know about IT. But what they don't 
know can hurt them. Here's how to educate businesspeople without 
alienating them. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7853/0/

5. Five Bad Habits to Drop on the Road to Success

To achieve more lofty goals, let go of bad habits in order to 
adopt new behaviors. Leadership coach John Baldoni shares tips 
from Marshall Goldsmith's new book that will help you succeed.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7854/0/

6. Want the Straight Scoop on Vista Security?

Are you considering a Vista migration, but don't feel you have 
all the information? Send your questions to Shawna McAlearney 
([email-masked]), and we'll help you get the inside view 
on Vista security from experts HD Moore, Hugh Thompson and 
Microsoft's Jeff Jones at our endpoint virtual security conference 
on May 23. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7503/0/

7. CIOs Need to Look Beyond IT to Lead Business Innovation

To make an impact, it's vital for CIOs to focus on interacting 
with business colleagues and customers. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7855/0/

8. Put the Emphasis on "Process" for BPM

When working with business process management tools, it's 
essential to emphasize that the effort is about business 
processes (not just the tools). 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7856/0/ 

Hot Picks
1. Quiz: See How You Measure Up to the '07 CIO Ones to Watch
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7857/0/

2. The Business-Savvy Smartphone Review 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7858/0/

3. Six Signs That IT Staff May Be Set to Cause Trouble
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7859/0/

4. ABC: An Introduction to Business Process Management
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7860/0/

5. How to Turn Your Employees Into Leaders
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7861/0/

Shawna McAlearney
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Proofpoint 

Win the Battle: Image-based Spam 
As spammers are evolving and becoming more aggressive, enterprises are 
seeing a huge increase in spam, especially image-based spam. In fact, 
image-based spam represents a whole collection of new tricks and challenges. 
In this webcast, Proofpoint product expert Rami Habal discusses the latest 
trends in image-based spam and the technologies available to combat it. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/7862/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/814139/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **