Subject: [Catalina-22] [GEAR] Holders for Spinnaker and Whisker Poles

From: "John Demby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:38:14 -0500

Hello All -

A while back I saw some pictures where someone had mounted on clips with
holder straps their Whisker and Spinnaker Poles in the Cabin.  I have
searched Google over and over and can't find the right thing that I saw.  So
does anyone use holders for their poles and if so where did you get them.  I
do not have stanchions on Three Sisters so storing on deck is a challenge
and I would rather not just throw them in the cabin.

Thanks!

John Demby
Lake Arlington TX
Three Sisters
#15620

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:36:15 -0500

John:

I did something similar.  I used a 4" drain pipe mounted under the port
cockpit.   I epoxied a scrap of 1x4 to the side of the footwell from
underneath, then screwed a 4' section of the drain pipe to the wood scrap.
THe holes in the drain pipe made it easy to insert a long socket in through
the side.

Kent S. Kokko, Ph.D
3M Office of Intellectual Property Counsel
651-733-3597