Subject: RE: [Catalina-22] RE: boat report "footloose", Paul, Bill,

From: "Brian C. DeYoung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:06:57 -0400

Are you trying to pas off that PA  boat on em?

I KNOW your boat Paul.

Re Monday, This sounds awesome. I will MAKE time. Office number 272-2706,
cell 275-1234 (really)  Also, I just met Bill, super guy, very amiable.

 He mentioned he knew you. I am looking forward to meeting.

I promise not to steal yer boat.

Brian   DeYoung

Ithace Boat Recovery Services

Ithaca NY

72 swing keel

"footloose"

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Kingsbury's Cyclery
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] RE: boat report "footloose"

Uh, Brian, I moved my boat, it's the one at the admission booth end of the
dry slips ;-)

There's a good chance I'll be up there monday, you gonna be around ? New C22
lister, Bill Gowen, of Owego, has his "new" 22 at Tremain in a wet slip.
We're going to try and get together and talk boats n tell tall tales, etc. 

Paul

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Brian C. DeYoung <mailto:[email-masked]>  

To: [email-masked] 

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:39 PM

Subject: RE: [Catalina-22] RE: boat report "footloose"

Sadly Chip, I am referring to Footloose.

It is months behind where it should be.

I know Carpe Diem is sold. I am just Jealous, for what that boat has it was
a great deal.

I will likely steal  Paul Kingsburys, and leave "PITA" my 86, in its place.
Maybe he can claim ins.

Brian   DeYoung

Speculative day trader

Ithaca NewYork

72  c-22 "footloose"

86, PITA

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Chip Ford
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:48 PM
To: C22 LIST
Subject: [Catalina-22] RE: boat report

Brian, are you talking about "Footloose" or that other boat I think you
have?

"Carpe Diem" has been in the <http://chipford.com/carpe_diem/launch.htm>
water now for a couple of weeks.  I assume Mike Sullivan -- and/or his son,
Paul -- have been getting some good use from it in this perfect New England
summer weather for the past couple of weeks!  I know John Graichen
("Malacass") has been sailing his C22, often.

I wish I could say the same for "Chip Ahoy," which still sits out front,
untouched since my fall, still calling forlornly to me.  A week from today
and-counting-down I'll see my doc again, after six weeks I'll hopefully get
this shoulder harness off and back to work!  Then I figure, another week or
so to launching and out to my empty, waiting, lonely mooring -- hopefully by
mid-July, as quick and dirty as I can this year.

Chip Ford --
Marblehead, Mass.
1974 Swing Keel "Chip Ahoy" #3282
CTY032820374
Chip Ahoy website:  www.chipford.com

-----Original Message-----
From:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brian C. DeYoung
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:59 PM
To:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Catalina-22] boat report 

I visited my poor C-22, and it is so dirty. The wood all looks like crap.

The inside is a mess.

Argh.

The topside, just above the rubline has some cracks, big enough to stick a
thumbnail in, pretty easily. I would not say a 1/16 of an inch, but
certainly heavier than a 32nd. Will mere paint cover this? I have never
painted the topside.

I almost want to sell her and start again. I wish I had bought Carpe deime.

Brian  DeYoung