Subject: This Sunday's Humanist Forum: Living Life in the Fast Lane

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:11:16 -0400

This Sunday's Humanist Community Forum (at 11am at Mitchell Park 
Community Center) is described below. The Mitchell Park Community is 
located at 3800 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, Just north of Charleston 
Road.

Jul 29: Living Life in the Fast Lane

Sometimes it may occur to us that we are so busy doing things that we 
look back and realize we haven't really lived. In her poetry book Life 
in the Fast Lane, local author L. Susan Cabrera talks about life in our 
current society, particularly in Silicon Valley, where we often are so 
scheduled and stressed that it takes a toll on us mentally and 
physically. Ms. Cabrera, who has a Bachelor's degree in English 
Literature, and a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology from 
Stanford, will discuss her motivations for some of her poems, in 
addition to reading these poems.

Next week Dr. Shani Robins will describe Wisdom Therapy

One of our members, Jim Stevenson, is blind. If you would be willing to 
give him a ride to the forum or other Humanist Community events 
occasionally please let him know. His number is 650 604 5720 and he 
lives near Middlefield and Loma Verde in Palo Alto.                 

If you don't want to receive a Forum Topic Announcement every week, 
just email me, [email-masked], and put "Remove Me from Sunday Forum 
Announcement" in the topic line.
________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free 
from AOL at AOL.com.