Subject: CIO Insider: The Birth of Infrastructure-as-a-Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:20:36 -0500

CIO Insider - What's happening at CIO.com
March 27, 2007

The Rise of Service-Oriented IT and the Birth of Infrastructure-as-a-Service

What if IT infrastructure elements could be integrated and 
the functions of these elements delivered over a network 
connection? SAVVIS's Jim Leach explores the possibilities.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6762/0/

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Where Hippies Meet Information Technology
2. Unifying Global Operations
3. Why You Should Collaborate
4. The CIO's Job is Getting Even Tougher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Enterpriseleadership.org 

Today, you need innovation more than ever to help your company 
compete, and win. In Three Conversations, three powerful 
innovators - Harvard's Clayton Chistensen, Cingular's Thaddeus 
Arroyo, and Intel's Martin Curley - share insights, lessons 
learned, and new ideas. Get your free copy now.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6121/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Where Hippies Meet Information Technology

Some of us were first drawn to computing because it was, in the
phrase used by an earlier era, "power to the people." During a
roundtable discussion nominally about business and technology,
one person opined that innovative IT people really care about 
what the companies they work for do to improve the world around 
them. We idealistic hippies like to think so, of course, but is
that a serious consideration? How much does it matter to you 
if your company genuinely participates in Good Works? 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6764/0/

2. Unifying Global Operations

How a CIO of a multinational dairy made sure the only 
silos in his organization were the big stainless steel 
ones.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6765/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by IBM 

The CIO innovation agenda—Transforming IT for business advantage 

As businesses search for new sources of growth, CIOs are 
taking on greater responsibilities than ever before. No 
longer simply the chief IT manager, today’s CIO has the 
opportunity to become the third point in the leadership 
triangle, working alongside the CEO and the CFO to drive 
key business strategies and spark new waves of growth. 
This executive guide provides insights and solutions to 
help CIOs tackle their most important challenges—from 
controlling costs to speeding ROI to realigning the IT 
function itself to fit smoothly with the strategic needs
 of the business.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6777/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Why You Should Collaborate

In an exclusive interview, futurist Don Tapscott explains 
the implications of online collaboration and how innovation 
via the Internet will change the CIO role.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6767/0/

4. The CIO's Job is Getting Even Tougher

The demands placed on the CIO today are greater than ever,
says Keith Morrow, causing a major shift in the CIO's role.
Complexity is greater than ever, fueled by a highly fragmented
IT offering set and global competition.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6768/0/

Hot Picks This Week

1. Are You an Extreme CIO?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6769/0/

2. Leadership: Keys to Retention
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6770/0/

3. Podcast: Baldoni on Avoiding Employee Turf Wars
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6776/0/

4. Web Services: Kiss The Pig
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6772/0/

5. Jakob Nielsen: Five Things I've Learned 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6773/0/

Esther Schindler
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more? Of course you do! Check out our other 
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such as
leadership, enterprise technology, and research.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/2633/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Proofpoint 

Win the Battle: Image-based Spam 

As spammers are evolving and becoming more aggressive, enterprises 
are seeing a huge increase in spam, especially image-based spam. 
In fact, image-based spam represents a whole collection of new 
tricks and challenges. In this webcast, Proofpoint product expert 
Rami Habal discusses the latest trends in image-based spam and 
the technologies available to combat it. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/6250/0/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to stop getting CIO Insider,
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/u?id=139199U&o=712735&l=cio_insider

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences, 
please go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/2635/0/

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/2633/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Lori Kehoe at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/2636/0/

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/712735/139199/2637/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007 All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked].