Subject: Are you in?

From: "Eli Pariser, MoveOn.org Political Action" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:36:49 -0700

Dear David,

We've got some work to do this summer.

For Republicans, we've got to show that they face political extermination
if they keep siding with President Bush on the war.  And for Democrats,
we've got to make sure every last one of 'em is pushing to end this
war--not standing on the sidelines acting helpless.

We've got a plan to do that--to put some of our best organizers and
trained volunteers in the country in key districts nationwide to light a
fire under Congress on the war. We'll build on our cutting-edge volunteer
organizing network, Operation Democracy. We'll stage events to get our
message out in the local media, organize meetings directly with the
members of Congress, and generally raise hell.

These young organizers are ready to give it everything they've got, but
they can't execute this plan for free.

Can you chip in $25 to put one Operation Democracy organizer on the
ground for one day in a key district on Iraq? You can choose whether you
want your support to go toward firming up the backbone of a Democrat or
raising hell against a pro-Bush Republican. Click here to chip in now:

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/choices.html?id=10449-86329-lcLNt7&t=2

All this vital work is urgently needed: We expect big votes in July on
whether to fund the war for another year (this last bill was just for five
months).  We've got to fight hard to ensure that this time, Congress
stands with the people instead of with Bush.

Our plan will step up grassroots organizing in critical districts in all
50 states. New hard-hitting actions targeting key representatives who've
prolonged the war. Heightened local media coverage of our efforts. More
trained MoveOn volunteers. All strategically designed to pressure key
members of Congress and push this issue forward.

We'll need to raise $200,000 to pay for this campaign.  Can you chip in?

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/choices.html?id=10449-86329-lcLNt7&t=3

We've made great strides preparing for this summer. Through the hard work
of Operation Democracy, we've developed volunteer "councils" in over 150
cities that have organized literally thousands of local events. We've
trained hundreds of leaders in key media and messaging skills. So far this
year, we've mobilized volunteers from coast to coast through candlelight
vigils, phone banks, rallies, and letter deliveries. And despite setbacks,
we're making real progress to end the war.

So we've built quite a team. Now we've got to throw our energy into
organizing in those districts--Democratic and Republican--that are
blocking progress.

Please click here to help us extend our reach into the swing districts
that most need organizing:

http://pol.moveon.org/donate/choices.html?id=10449-86329-lcLNt7&t=4

Public opinion is already on our side. Representative by representative,
voter by voter, we will turn the tide of political opinion. What does it
take? Nuts and bolts organizing. Great volunteer leaders. A few strong
staff people. And your support.

Help us make this summer the turning point on the war.

We know we can.

We know we will.

Sincerely,

--Eli, Justin, Nita, Matt, Natalie, Anna, and the MoveOn.org Political
  Action Team
  Wednesday, May 30th, 2007

Support our member-driven organization: MoveOn.org Political Action is
entirely funded by our 3.2 million members. We have no corporate
contributors, no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny staff
ensures that small contributions go a long way. If you'd like to support
our work, you can give now at:

http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=10449-86329-lcLNt7&t=5

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

________________

Subscription Management:
This is a message from MoveOn.org Political Action. To change your email address, update your contact info, or remove yourself (David Harris) from this list, please visit our subscription management page at:
http://moveon.org/s?i=10449-86329-lcLNt7