Subject: Re: [Catalina-22] [Tech] Rig tuning

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:36:40 EDT

Loosen the uppers.
 
Bayard Gross
CTYH9911M81B
BABY BLUE

http://tinyurl.com/4qaq7
Greenwich, CT
In a message dated 7/5/2007 8:22:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

For some reason when I raised my mast this week I couldn't  get the forestay 
turnbuckle connected to the most forward hole in the stem. I  loosened the 
back stay and aft lowers all the way out and still no luck.  Sitting on the 
trailer the mast looked plumb with the forestay connected to  the aft hole. 
However, you could see the slight lean aft with the boat in the  water. When I take 
it out of the water I can crank on the mast with the  trailer winch just not 
sure howmuch tolerance there is for that much force on  the rig. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Mark Blanton
1976 #6554, Swing  Keel
Mer-Sea
Cary,NC

**************************************
See  what's free at http://www.aol.com.

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.