Subject: RE: [Catalina-22] inflatable? was [Racing] [National Championships] Weather

From: "Dennis, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 17:56:24 -0400

At the risk of sounding callous at their loss, but what a way to go.

You are doing EXACTLY what you love, make an accidental gybe and 'Hello,
St. Peter!  Hey, wasn't I on Lake Erie?'.

I have had friends and family in hospice after long illnesses and my
death, does not scare me, timely or otherwise, but a disabling illness
does.

Following Dale Earnhardt, Steve Irwin and, to a lesser extent, Orville
Redenbaher (died in a hot tub in San Diego), if I could pick the way I
go, doing what I love to the last second, works for me.  

I feel for his family, but if you have to go, that seems like a pretty
good way.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Robert Bemben
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Catalina-22] [Racing] [National Championships] Weather

Some of you may have read about this tragedy that occurred yesterday in
a sailboat race at the site of the 2007 C22 National Championship:

http://tinyurl.com/2456an

A couple of months ago I posted weather history data that indicated
conditions around the LaSalle race site were 'on the light side'. I take
that back!

So keep a watchful eye on the skies out there at the Nationals in July.

Robert Bemben
Bliss Twp., Michigan
1991 C22 wing keel
Sail # 15185
"Jib Dance"

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

---

From: Bob Keim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:06:50 -0500

My Dad was being interviewed by a graduate student one time...

The woman asked, "You've been in Oak Ridge working around nuclear 
material for over 50 years.  Aren't you afraid of the radiation killing 
you?" 

Dad answered, "Young Lady, at 88 years old I'm worried about dying in a 
generic sense of the word, the specific cause is of little concern."  :-D

bob