Subject: CIO Enterprise: Increasing Sales with Search Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:30:00 -0400

CIO Enterprise Newsletter
June 27, 2007

Covering ERP, CRM, KM, SCM and security 
in the pages of CIO magazine and CIO.com

In Search of the Right Search Technology for Your Customers

Can you increase sales by improving your external Web search 
strategy? CIOs who've done it share their secrets.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9164/0/

Also in this issue:
1. Introducing Web 2.0 Technologies into the Enterprise
2. Insights on Splitting Up Your IT Staff
3. Landing Your Next Job
4. The Future Leadership Strategy of the CIO
5. Catastrophe Can Cost You. Is Your Business Prepared?
6. Five Approaches That Don't Work With the CEO
7. Six Tips for Managing Mergers
8. Guide to Emergency Notification Technologies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Dell

Leveraging Dell's PC Deployment Optimization Model,IDC structured 
an approach for optimizing PC deployment.

IDC Research interviewed 200 large enterprises about their PC 
deployment practices and found that, on average, the cost of deployment 
activities was $527 per PC but often ranges to as high as $700 or more.

Learn More Now:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9165/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Introducing Web 2.0 Technologies into the Enterprise

Opening up corporate systems to new user-driven tools requires 
both technology and culture changes, a leading proponent argues. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9166/0/

2. Insights on Splitting Up Your IT Staff

IT has two main jobs: Designing technology strategy and keeping 
the trains running. Check out these insights into how CIOs are 
dividing their staffs to do both well.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9167/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by TomorrowNow

Funding the CIO’s Innovation Gap: The TomorrowNow Alternative 

Written by Josh Greenbaum, Principal, Enterprise Applications Consulting 
Many IT budgets are locked up in “entitlements” that don’t add value to 
the bottom line. How do CIOs fund “the innovation gap” without lowering 
service levels or effectiveness? This report discusses how TomorrowNow’s 
third-party enterprise software support offering enables CIOs to free-up 
IT budgets for innovative and profitable IT projects. 

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9168/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Landing Your Next Job

Interviewing is a skill that rusts quickly. CIOs—and the bosses 
who hired them—offer a refresher course on how to ace an interview.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9169/0/

4. The Future Leadership Strategy of the CIO

The Future-State CIO program is focused on making the future happen 
by advancing the CIO profession and helping it to play a larger role 
in driving, not just enabling, business strategy.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9170/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Arsenal Digital

On-demand Data Protection: Preferred Strategies used by Small 
and Mid-sized Businesses

Data has become the most valuable resource that many companies own. 
Organizations of all sizes are actively searching for reliable, affordable 
solutions for data protection to help them with business continuity, 
disaster recovery, and compliance.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9171/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Catastrophe Can Cost You. Is Your Business Prepared?

Businesses that have been through a disaster report losing $100,000 
to $500,000 a day. Focus on a few key elements of disaster planning 
to mitigate losses and make sure your business won’t be left in the 
dark in the event of some disaster. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9172/0/

6. Five Approaches That Don't Work With the CEO

Don't adopt one of these five personas when pitching ideas to 
C-level executives. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9173/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by eTalk

Gain Customer Insight Across Your Business with Unstructured Data 
FEATURING GARTNER RESEARCH

Read the latest publication from Autonomy etalk to learn how the Intelligent 
Contact Center enables organizations to capture, process, and share 
traditional structured data and unstructured data such as voice, text, 
email, and chat. Discover how you can create an Intelligent Contact Center 
and deliver true customer insight across your business.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9174/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Six Tips for Managing Mergers

Best IT practices for mergers and acquisitions, described by CIOs 
and corporate strategists. 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9175/0/

8. Guide to Emergency Notification Technologies

Check out these tools when you are setting up a crisis 
communications plan.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9176/0/ 

Hot Picks

1. How CIOs Can Learn to Love IM Messages, Social Networking 
Sites and Other Tools of User Empowerment 
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9177/0/

2. The Hiring Manager Interview: Q&A with Nirup Krishnamurthy
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9178/0/

3. Seven Reasons for Your Company to Start an Internal Blog
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9179/0/

4. Seeking the Perfect Laptop Bag
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9180/0/

5. The 10 Most Common Internal Security Threats
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/9181/0/

Shawna McAlearney
Senior Online Editor
CXO Media

Is this newsletter informative and useful? Check out our
other newsletters for up-to-date information on topics
such as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/2656/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPONSOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section of CIO Enterprise is sponsored by Oracle

The SMB Challenge: Sharpening Your Competitive Edge Through Smart 
Use of Technology

SMBs face a challenging competitive environment. Sandwiched between the 
resource-rich giants of the industry and the scrappy startups, they must 
be agile, able to deliver value to their customers, and capable of 
maximizing ROI at every step. Download the full white paper now.

http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/8924/0/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

You are receiving this issue of CIO Enterprise because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

For editing newsletter preferences/unsubscribing:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/6886/0/

For subscribing to newsletters:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/6884/0/

CXO newsletters reach more than 400,000 subscribers each week. 
If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter, please contact:
East Coast - Tina Dudarevitch at [email-masked]
Central - Sara Mascall at [email-masked]
West Coast - Erika Karr at [email-masked]

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/2659/0/

The CIO privacy policy:
http://cxolyris.cxomedia.com/t/929165/649768/6887/0/

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2007. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to [email-masked]. **