Subject: [Catalina-22] [LIST] -- He read the List Instructions!

From: "Chip Ford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:02:26 -0400

Wow Larry, I am impressed -- you obviously read the
<http://chipford.com/list/instructs.htm> List Instructions as I request of
each new member-subscriber and you did EVERYTHING absolutely right when
posting your first message to this discussion group!  Thank you for
restoring my confidence and faith.
 
I just unsubscribed a guy I vetted and subscribed only yesterday morning as
well.  He sent his first question to the wrong address (it bounced into my
List Bounces folder) -- and besides, the name in his message was different
than the name he provided in his application form!  I wrote him back, told
him even if we can clear up his identity, before I resubscribe him he'd have
to assure me he honored my request and read the List Instructions -- that
the very first instruction there was the correct address to post messages to
the list!
 
Welcome to the group, Larry!
 
Chip Ford, List Owner / Administrator
Marblehead, Mass.
1974 Swing Keel "Chip Ahoy" #3282
CTY032820374
Chip Ahoy website:  www.chipford.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Larry Pletcher
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Catalina-22] [general]

This is my first post to Chip's forum.  I hope you will bear with me as I
get used to the forum's use.  I will send a bio soon.  
 
I have a question about trailering my 1984 C22.  I bought the boat and
trailer used in '91.  The boat sits nicely on the trailer, but the weight
distribution is wrong.  The tongue is too light.  I have tried to move the
boat as far forward as I can, but that isn't enough.  Since I don't go far
to get to water, I just take it slow and easy.  This past fall I realized
that the axle is simply U-bolted to the frame.  It would not be hard to move
the axle back a few inches to place more weight in front of the axle.  Is
this something that seems reasonable?  I thought about sitting the boat on
jack stands and perhaps moving the axle 6 inches back.  Does that seem like
a logical way to start?  I'm open to your suggestions.
 
Regards,
Larry Pletcher

Lake Wawasee,
Syracuse, Indiana
1984 Swing Keel "Pensive" #2018
CTYH2018M84A