Subject: Re: [ExI] worldometers

From: Sondre Bjellås <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:43:46 +0200

11,439,065,769 : cumulative hours waited for internet to download this year.

I really wonder where they got this number from, cause I'm still waiting for
a downloadable version of the Internet.

One thing I noticed that could be interesting to discuss, do you see that
certain words are represented using graphics instead of text? Words like
deaths, abortions, HIV-infected, malaria, cancer. Seems they have done it to
avoid being ranked or indexed based on those negative words. They did
however, forget to remove it at the top of the page ("Uses your computer's
clock, so if you are curious to learn the number of HIV-infected in 2050
then just change your system time to 2050.")

34,448,692 : tons of caught fish in this year.

With all the illegal Russian fishing in Norwegian waters, I think they
should at least double the speed on this counter.

Nice site :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of spike
Sent: 18. mai 2007 04:56
To: 'ExI chat list'
Subject: Re: [ExI] worldometers

Hey cool, check this:

http://www.worldometers.info/

spike

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat

_______________________________________________
extropy-chat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat