Subject: Special Edition -- Protect Yourself Online

From: SBC Yahoo! DSL Member Services <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 19:51:28 -0700

Full Speed
Your fast track to a better web world
July 2005 Edition
Issue #18

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Powerful Online Protection -- Free!

Protect your PC and personal information against online threats
with SBC Yahoo! Online Protection. This free, all-in-one security 
suite combines PC anti-virus, anti-spyware, pop-up blocking, 
parental controls, and spam protection into a convenient dashboard.
It's easier to manage since it reduces the need to use multiple 
applications. It's a simple and smart way to get powerful
protection for your PC.

Get it now:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_1001.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy the Internet With Greater Peace of Mind 

When you have SBC Yahoo! Online Protection, you can relax and enjoy
what you love about the Internet and worry less about security.
All you have to do is click the dashboard icon to view and adjust
the various components of your security tools. The dashboard window
gives you an overview of your online security status in one
convenient place. Take a quick tour and see how it works. 

Take a tour:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_1002.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A Closer Look at Spyware

Spyware is a growing problem for many online users. It's software
that's often installed on your computer without your knowledge to
gather information about your online habits. Some malicious
varieties of spyware can secretly capture your personal and
financial information and send it to identity thieves. In addition
to invading your online privacy, spyware may also slow down your
computer. Take our quick anti-spyware tutorial to learn how to
identify and remove this software.

Anti-Spy tutorial:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_3.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8 Tips for Avoiding Spam

Your SBC Yahoo! Mail comes equipped with powerful spam protection.
By following some simple but savvy rules, you can help make it more
difficult for spammers to get ahold of your email address in the
first place.

8 spam tips:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_4.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the Speed You Need With SBC Yahoo! DSL Pro

Upgrade today to SBC Yahoo! DSL Pro for only $24.99 per month for
a one-year term (when ordered with qualifying services)!  You'll
get up to twice the speed of SBC Yahoo! DSL Express and keep
the contents of your email folders, Address Book, personalized
home page, and all the other features you've come to rely upon.
CT Customers: ALL DISTANCE(R) customers can upgrade to SBC Yahoo!
DSL Pro for $24.99 per month for a one-year term, when ordered with
qualifying services. (Other monthly charges apply.*) For more
details or to upgrade today, please call 1-866-SBC-YAHOO
(1-866-722-9246).

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Safety Tips

You can take some simple, effective steps to better protect your
computer, your privacy, and your family online. Take a moment to
read our top online security tips.

Learn more:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_1003.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Tip: Installing Anti-Virus Software

Running two anti-virus programs on your computer simultaneously may
cause damage to your computer. To install free Anti-Virus from
SBC Yahoo!, you must uninstall any existing anti-virus software
on your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
All Your Messages in One Mailbox?

Yes! It's simple with SBC Unified Communications(SM) service. 
One mailbox holds your email, landline voicemail, Cingular 
Wireless(R) voicemail, and faxes. No more checking multiple 
voicemail boxes and fax machines. With SBC Unified Communications 
service, you're always in touch, wherever you go.**  

Learn more or sign up:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_6.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blast off With SBC Yahoo! DSL

Did you know that as an SBC Yahoo! DSL member, you have VIP access
to exclusive footage, information, and behind-the-scenes interviews
with the astronauts of the historic NASA "Return to Flight" space
shuttle mission? Just one of the many perks to being an SBC Yahoo!
DSL member!

Learn more: 
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_26.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
We're Listening

Got a story to tell about your great experiences with SBC Yahoo!
DSL? We love hearing how broadband enriches your life. You could
even star in an upcoming promotion!

Fill us in:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_8.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
MySBC eBill(SM) Service

View, manage, and pay your SBC Yahoo! bill through any computer with
Internet access. It's free when you use the SBC web site.

Learn more:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_9.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Download:

Messenger
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_10.html

SBC Yahoo! Online Protection
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_11.html

SBC Yahoo! Browser
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_12.html

TrueSwitch
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_13.html

Firewall
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_14.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
* You will also be charged a monthly FUSF (Federal Universal
Service Fund) cost recovery fee to help cover charges from our
data transport supplier pursuant to state and federal telecom
regulations. This fee is not a tax or government required charge.

Residential customers only. $24.99 promotional pricing for
SBC Yahoo! Pro available when ordered with qualifying services.
Static IP products not included. This is a limited-time offer.
Offer not valid with any other SBC Yahoo! DSL promotion.
SBC local service and one-year term required. $200 early
termination fee. At end of term, then-current monthly rate
applies. If you drop a required component of the qualifying
bundle, you will revert to the applicable term price for DSL.
$150-$200 additional charge will apply if technician install is
required or desired. Equipment charges will appear on the first
bill along with any corresponding and offsetting instant credits.
Rebate forms, with rebate terms and conditions, will be included
with equipment if self-installed or by mail, if technician installs.
Rebate must be postmarked within 90 days of SBC Yahoo! DSL service
activation.  Mail-in equipment rebate offer is valid in the
following states: AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI , MO, NV, OH, OK,
TX, WI. Rebate void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
Rebate may not be assigned, transferred, or sold.  One equipment
rebate allowed per DSL line. DSL account must be in service for
a minimum of 60 days to be eligible for rebate. Customers are not
eligible to receive both an instant credit and rebate that would
exceed total purchase price of equipment and account must not be
in delinquent status. Rebate check will be mailed to the SBC
billing address within 10-12 weeks of mailing and is void if
not cashed within 90 days of issuance and cannot be reissued.
We are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or postage
due mail or mail damaged by the U.S. Post Office. Rebate is
offered by SBC Internet Services and cannot be applied to your
SBC local service bill. Laptop users and some desktop users may
need to purchase an Ethernet card. Billing begins on service
activation date. Service not available in all areas. Subject to
change without notice. Maximum speed achieved depends on customer
location.  Acceptance of Terms of Service required. Taxes and
additional fees & surcharges extra. Other restrictions, including
credit restrictions, apply.

Additional Terms for Customers in Connecticut: For new SBC Yahoo!
DSL Pro service, $24.99 per month  promotional pricing for ALL
DISTANCE(R) customers, $29.99 promotional pricing for non-ALL DISTANCE
customers. ALL DISTANCE customers are those who pre-subscribe to
local and in-state toll service from SBC Connecticut and
out-of-state long distance service from SBC Long Distance East.  

** SBC Unified Communications service is provided by SBC Messaging
and is subject to written terms and conditions. Prices subject
to change and do not include other applicable charges
(e.g., one-time installation fee, taxes, and surcharges).
Not available in all areas. Cingular Wireless customers who
are former AT&T Wireless customers, and who have not converted
to the Cingular GSM network, cannot yet add their wireless voice
mail to SBC Unified Communications service.

SAFETY NOTE: SBC Internet Services and Yahoo! care about your 
online safety. Keeping your operating system and Internet 
browser up to date is critical in maintaining the security 
of your computer and personal information.

Learn more:
http://dm.yahoo.com/dm/s/11321/11321581_733801_15.html

SBC Yahoo! DSL is an information service that combines DSL transport,
Internet access, and applications from SBC Internet Services, with
customized content, services, and applications from Yahoo! Inc.
Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logo, and all other Yahoo! logos and product
and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks
of Yahoo! Inc. SBC, the SBC logo, FreedomLink, the FreedomLink logo,
and other product names are trademarks of SBC Knowledge Ventures, L.P.
All other brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of
their respective owners.

(C) 2005 SBC Knowledge Ventures, L.P. and Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

*************************************************************************
You received this email because you are subscribed to the 
SBC Yahoo! DSL Newsletter. Please do not reply to this message 
to unsubscribe. If do you not want to receive the SBC Yahoo! DSL 
Newsletter, please visit this page to unsubscribe.
http://subscribe.yahoo.com/unsubscribe?.src=ysbc2&.optin=ysbc2&.lid=L:11321581&.done=http://sbc.yahoo.com&e=E6D6AJUw1T2ywphs_3syG5Z1qbtQUKHjX.d2

If you would like to change or edit your communications preferences for 
this or other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your 
Marketing Preferences page. To learn more about Yahoo!'s or SBC's use 
of personal information, including the use of web beacons in 
HTML-based email, please read each Privacy Policy. 

Marketing Preferences:
http://subscribe.yahoo.com/showaccount
Web Beacons:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
Privacy Policy:
http://sbc.yahoo.com/privacy/

Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. 
SBC Internet Services is located at 6500 River Place Boulevard, 
Building III, Austin, TX 78730-1111.
*************************************************************************
RefID: ysbc2-11321581