Subject: [DynDNS System Status] Upcoming Domain Registration Maintenance

From: DynDNS Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:43:33 -0500 (EST)

November 10, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dyndns.com/news/status/archives/2005/11/788.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been notified of several upcoming maintenance windows by our
domain registration provider.  We apologize for the length of this
notice, but we wanted to include information on all of these
maintenance windows in one posting.  All of these maintenance windows
will affect, at most, domain registration transactions (new
registrations, renewals, transfers, and contact/nameserver
modifications) - all existing domains, and all other DynDNS services,
will be unaffected during these windows.

The first window is for maintenance being performed by this provider's
colocation provider.  The maintenance will be performed on November 13,
2005, rom 01:00 to 04:00 EST (GMT-0500).  During this time, there is
expected to be a brief outage of connectivity to this provider, of
approximately 5-15 minutes.  During this outage, no domain registration
transactions (new domains, renewals, transfer requests, contact or
nameserver changes, or changes to locking status) will be available.
All other DynDNS services will remain functional.

The second window is for network maintenance being performed directly
by our domain registration provider.  This window begins at 22:00 EST
on November 19, 2005, and continues through 02:00 EST on November 20th.
  During this window, there will be several brief, intermittent,
connectivity outages to this provider.	As with the first window,
during these connectivity outages, no domain registration transactions
will be available.  All other DynDNS services will, again, be
unaffected.

The third window is for maintenance being performed by the domain
registry operator for .cc, .com, .net, .name, and .tv domains.	This
window will begin at 20:00 EST on November 18, 2005, and continue
through 00:00 EST on November 19th.  During this time, no domain
registration transactions for these specific top level domains will be
available.  All existing domains will continue to operate normally, as
will all other DynDNS services.

The fourth window is for maintenance being performed by the domain
registry operators for .info and .org domains.	This window will begin
at 10:00 EST on November 19, 2005, and continue through 14:00 EST.
During this time, no domain registration transactions for these
specific top level domains will be available.  All existing domains
will continue to operate normally, as will all other DynDNS services.

We regret the inconvenience caused by these vendor- and
registry-imposed maintenance windows, but they are unfortunately beyond
our control.  If you know your domain registration may be expiring
soon, and you would like to renew it during these timeframes, we urge
you to renew it early - early renewals will not impact the length of
time for which your registration is extended.  Thank you for your
understanding and continued support.
_______________________________________________
DynDNS System Status Mailing List
To manage subscription options and for archive information, go to:
https://www.dyndns.com/account/settings/mailinglist.html