Subject: [DynDNS System Status] DDoS Attack Subsided

From: DynDNS Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:34:34 -0500 (EST)

November 16, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dyndns.com/news/status/archives/2005/11/792.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DDoS attack against the MyWebHop server has tailed off at this
time.  All services are functioning normally at this time.  During the
DDoS attack, access to MyWebHop was severely restricted.  Also, during
parts of the attack, access to our main website and update system were
impacted.  DNS and mail services were not impacted during any part of
this attack, and our website and updates were available throughout most
of the attack.	Total duration of the possible impacts from this attack
was just over 4 hours.

We are currently performing an investigation into the sources of this
attack, and taking severe actions against the customer who we believe
knowingly drew this attack to our servers.  We are also working to make
changes to our systems and procedures to try to prevent this type of
attack in the future.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience
that this attack has caused.
_______________________________________________
DynDNS System Status Mailing List
To manage subscription options and for archive information, go to:
https://www.dyndns.com/account/settings/mailinglist.html