Subject: [DynDNS System Status] MailHop Forward issues with mac.com

From: DynDNS Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:11:59 -0400 (EDT)

September 10, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dyndns.com/news/status/archives/2006/09/903.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Friday, September 8th, MailHop Forward and MailHop Forward Lite
customers have been having intermittent delivery problems with e-mail
forwards pointing to mac.com e-mail addresses. Today, Saturday,
September 9th, this problem has worsened, as now many of the MailHop
servers are blocked from accessing mac.com e-mail servers. This is due
to mac.com explicitly blocking access to our MailHop servers. We do not
believe this is a malicious act on behalf of mac.com, but rather due to
overaggressive spam filtering.

If you have MailHop Forward with wildcard aliases enabled, pointing to
a mac.com address, you should delete this forwarder. This allows
dictionary attackers to forward large amounts of spam to mac.com
addresses, which may be the source of this problem.

We are trying to contact the e-mail administrators at mac.com to
attempt to resolve this problem. As more information is available, we
will post is here. We apologize for the inconvenience.
_______________________________________________
DynDNS System Status Mailing List
To manage subscription options and for archive information, go to:
https://www.dyndns.com/account/settings/mailinglist.html