Subject: [DynDNS] DynDNS Selected as Sole DNS Provider for .COOP Registry

From: DynDNS Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:36:52 -0500 (EST)

MANCHESTER, NH - January 30, 2006 - Dynamic Network Services, Inc., a provider 
of superior domain name system ("DNS") services, announced today the selection 
of DynDNS as the sole Domain Name System (DNS) provider to support .coop, an 
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") generic top-level 
domain ("TLD"). Midcounties Co-operative Domains Ltd. ("MCD",) the registry 
operator of the .coop TLD, chose DynDNS to provide domain resolution to all 
domains ending in .coop.

Registry operated DNS represents the first layer when Internet users try to 
access services, such as website or e-mail services. If a registry's DNS 
services failed for any reason, all of the domains in that registry would be 
inaccessible.

The .coop domain, launched in January 2002, was one of seven new TLDs selected 
from more than 180 that were proposed. The .coop TLD is a "restricted TLD", 
meaning that only bona fide cooperatives may use the extension. DotCooperation 
LLC, the sponsor of the .coop TLD, verifies that each registrant is eligible 
for a domain name. Registrants include the largest consumer co-operatives, 
credit unions, utilities cooperatives and agricultural cooperatives across the 
world.

As required by ICANN, DynDNS will provide a strict level of service by ensuring 
DNS resolution 100 percent of the time with low latency. These requirements are 
backed by a Service Level Agreement to MCD.

Jeremy Hitchcock, DynDNS CEO, commented on MCD's selection of DynDNS: "Our 
combination of reliability and value were the keys to having been selected to 
handle the DNS service for the .coop TLD. Our global, fault-tolerant, name 
service infrastructure serves billions of queries daily and has not suffered a 
complete outage. Combined with our very attractive pricing, it was an 
unbeatable combination. We are pleased to add the .coop TLD to the other 
top-level domains we service, .cx, .tl and .mu"

Neil Homer, MCD CEO based in Oxford, UK, says: "As a sTLD operator we need to 
match our technology costs with our smaller registry volumes in order to offer 
our fellow co-operatives value for money in the services we provide. DynDNS met 
our specification at a great price and we're looking forward to working with 
them in the years to come".

DynDNS operates TLDDNS.com as the brand for all top-level service. TLDDNS.com 
offers registry level TLDDNS.com Primary DNS service, TLDDNS.com Hidden Primary 
DNS, and TLDDNS.com Secondary DNS Assured, TLDDNS.com Secondary DNS services. 
These services allow top-level domain operators the flexibility to augment 
their infrastructure by leveraging TLDDNS.com.

About MCD

MCD has the contract with dotCoop to operate the .coop sTLD registry. It is a 
wholly owned subsidiary of the Midcounties Co-operative Ltd, a US$800m 
diversified consumer co-operative based in the UK. Its sister business, 
domains.coop, is the largest registrar of .coop domain names in the world.

About DotCooperation LLC

dotCoop is the sponsor of the .coop domain and responsible for management of 
the .coop registry and verification of registrants. It is a wholly owned 
subsidiary of the National Cooperative Business Association, a U.S.-based 
national, cross-industry membership association.

About DynDNS

Formed in 1998, Dynamic Network Services, Inc. provides superior domain name 
system (DNS) services with the highest levels of redundancy, service, and 
support in the industry. Our world-class team of DNS experts allows us to 
provide unprecedented quality of service and support, and our use of proven 
open source technology reduces cost and risk to our users. Learn more at 
www.dyndns.com.

Source: http://www.dyndns.com/news/releases/archives/2006/01/819.html
_______________________________________________
DynDNS Announce Mailing List
To manage subscription options and for archive information, go to:
https://www.dyndns.com/account/settings/mailinglist.html