Subject: Email security enhancements - action required

From: AT&T Yahoo! Customer Care <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 06:00:41 -0700

Email security enhancements - action required

Dear AT&T Yahoo! Member,

We're making some security improvements to your AT&T Yahoo! service. These 
changes will affect members who send or receive email from a desktop or 
mobile client program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, 
Eudora, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird. 

To help us ensure the security of your email, you will need to change the 
settings on your desktop or mobile email client program. Please choose one of 
the three options:

Make the Changes Automatically: To automatically make the required changes 
to Outlook Express, use the AT&T Self Support Tool. 

*	If you already have the AT&T Self Support Tool installed on your 
computer, simply select Cannot send/receive email from the Self Support 
Tool Main Interface to run an email settings check. When prompted to change 
your email settings, select Yes.

*	If you do not have the AT&T Self Support Tool installed, download it 
at http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=3910 and then follow the 
instructions above.

Make the Changes Manually: To manually make the required setting changes in 
Outlook and Outlook Express, please view the detailed instructions at 
http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=285.

Alternatively, you may take the following steps to change the settings on 
your desktop or mobile email client program:

1.	Open your email client program.
2.	Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
3.	Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
4.	Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
5.	Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change 
the SMTP port to 465.
6.	Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change 
the POP3 port to 995.
7.	Confirm the above settings then click OK.

The web-based version of AT&T Yahoo! Mail is not affected by these changes 
and will continue to be available at http://mail.yahoo.com. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

AT&T Yahoo! Customer Care
1-800-ATT-2020

__________________________________________________________________________
(c) 2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved.

Please do not reply to this email. All responses are sent to an 
unmonitored email address.

SAFETY NOTE: AT&T Internet Services cares about Internet safety. We 
have included "clickable" links in this email as a convenience. Please 
note that it is always safer to copy and paste URLs included in emails 
directly into your browser to reach the referenced site. Learn more 
about ensuring a safe Internet experience at: www.sbc.com/safety. The 
safety of your computer depends on your staying up to date on the 
latest service packs and updates available to you. To find out more, 
please visit: http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=5140.