Subject: RE: Darwin Day

From: "Shary Flenniken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:36:14 -0800

Re: "how knowledge is obtained in science (guessing about truth through
falsifiable hypotheses and encouraging attempts to disprove hypotheses that
are not true)."

Huh?  Don't you like science?

Best wishes,
Shary Flenniken
Administrative Assistant
Compassion In Dying of Washington
PO Box 61369
Seattle, WA  98141
206.256.1636
206.256.1640 fax
[email-masked]
www.compassionindying.org/wa

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 3:50 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject:

 Perhaps an examination of how knowledge is obtained through traditional
faith (receiving beliefs from earlier generations, gathering supporting
evidence, and avoiding challenges) versus how knowledge is obtained in
science (guessing about truth through falsifiable hypotheses and encouraging
attempts to disprove hypotheses that are not true).

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.

Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, SRI International, formerly
Stanford Research Institute.

Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit corporation
http://darwinday.org

P.S. If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].