Subject: Life, Tomorrow's Comprehension

From: henisdov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:42:38 +0200

May be of interest...

respectfully,

Dov Henis

Life, Tomorrow's Comprehension
Chapter I

Life, A Real Virtual Affair, Its Drive And Purpose

A. Life's Fractal Evolution

The observation of the CBF1 switch, from

http://www.physorg.com/news107357572.html

contributes to my view of the following major fractal chronological
several-10^8-years macro layers of Life's evolution:

1 - Individual independent genes evolve into cooperative interdependent gene
aggregates.

2 - The outer cell's membrane (OCM) evolves as the first and major
multi-functional organ of the gene aggregates/genomes.

3 - Individual cells evolve into symbiotic systems.

4 - Evolution of multicellular organisms.

The biggest hindrance of scientific, and even technological, progress in
comprehension and exploitation of Biology is the avoidance to accept-regard
genes-genomes as organisms. And equally hindering is the lack of a term for
genes-genome that explicitly and clearly defines them as organisms, as The
Prime Cardinal Earth Life Organisms, distinguished from all cellular
secondary stratum organisms.

This avoidance, which is fraught with implications about the nature of life,
is also the biggest hindrance of human existential and social progress.

B. Evolution-Survival Rediscovered

Quoting from "Aging And Genetics" at

http://www.physorg.com/news107180970.html

"genes associated with longevity also became more common in each succeeding
cohort. These results indicate that the frequency of deleterious genotypes
may increase among people who live to extremely old ages because their
protective genes allow these disease-related genes to accumulate,”

It appears that Evolution and Selection For Survival have just been
re-discovered.

When when when will "scientists" and "science literature editors" get it
through their scientific skulls that the source of our (and others species')
individuals' uniqueness is the genome's polymorphisms, which come about from
polymorphisms of its member genes.

 It is about time that "scientists" make the Life Evolution mental leap,
that they swallow and digest the revelation that a genome is a living
complex organism consisting of (by now) interdependent symbiotic living
member genes.

C Cells Are Not Organisms

It irritates me again and again when unscientific science editors allow
reference to cells as organisms. Cells are the spaceships, the edifices,
that house the genomes, THE organisms. Scientifically cells are NOT
organisms. The outer cell membrane is an organ. Plain and simple.

A possible explanation of this scientific ignorance is our still incomplete
knowledge of the nature of the constituents of the cells' contents and of
the functions of the outer-cell-membrane , the multifunctional organ of the
genome, coupled with misty comprehension of the nature of life.

Cellular membranes and cells' contents are evolution products of the in-cell
organisms, the genomes. Continued reference to cells as organisms is a gross
anachronism that brakes/slows developement of life sciences.

D. Drive and Purpose of Life

Cognition = the capability, process or act of thinking, questioning and
analysing.

Cognition is Cultural, is Biological. Cognition derives from culture, which
is a biological attribute of ALL organisms regardless of size or complexity.

Culture = the totality of ways of the organisms' dealing with (reaction to,
manipulation of, exploitation of) its environment.

The choice and promotion of our purpose in life derives solely from our
cognition.

E. Encyclopedia of Life (EOL)

I read some time ago that biologist E.O. Wilson has a new project, The
Encyclopedia of Life (EOL), aiming to make all knowledge of the world's 1.8
million known species freely available online within just 10 years.

I suggest that this would be a waste of effort and of time, because it would
most probably be based on the presently accepted tree of life, with one
thing branching off after another, we f.e. listed under genus Homo species
sapien, genus being a grouping of one or more related and morphologically
similar species.

I suggest that in the age of Genetics and DNA identification and definitions
of genes expressions phylogeny should be redefined and reorganized based on
the evolution of the genetic material, as the tree of life should present
comprehension of how the genetic material has been evolving on Earth since
four billion yrs ago...

The differences between the trees of life based on the classical
"descriptive" taxonomy or on genetics would be great and of great
consequences.

A genetic-based tree would not only correct several wrong "placings" and
throw light on and bring to view yet undiscovered junctions-relationships of
genera, but I posit that - most important - the comprehension that ALL LIFE
EVOLUTION is the evolution of genes/genes-associations since four billion
yrs ago, I posit that this comprehension might have a radical influence on
the cognition and culture of humans and on their implications in personal
and societal life organizations.

F. Life's Drive and Purpose

1. If one accepts, intuitively and logically, Pasteur's observation that all
life must come from previously existing life, then the answer to "what makes
a mono- and poly-cell life-form a Life" is the answer to "what makes some
molecular associations in cells LIVES", and vice versa. It is the "lifehood"
of genes that makes us and all other forms of life on Earth living
organisms, and evolution has been the route of Life's ever more complexing
progress since the first replication of the first gene.

Early independent peptides, primordial genes, have entered into symbiotic
associations in which eventually each of the ever increasing host of
functions/tasks vital for the evolving associations is taken up by the
member most efficient at it, leading to gene speciation and to gene
specialization.

The history of life begins with independent genes, cascading fractally from
single independent genes to agregate of genes, then to agregate of agregate
of genes. Cooperative association is an inherent feature of life throughout
all its evolution and at all its levels, in pre-cell and in mono-cell life
and in mono-cell communities and in poly-cell life-forms and in communities
of poly-cell life forms.

2. The totality of life in Earth's biosphere (the outermost part of the
planet's shell — including air, land, surface rocks and water — within which
life occurs, and which biotic processes in turn alter or transform.
Wikipedia.) is a temporary grand store of energy, and all living organisms
are elaborate temporary energy storage containers and all base genetic
materials are "Life quanta", carriers of "Life photons". Humans are just one
of the many types of Earth's living organisms, regardless of the reason and
purpose of their self-inflated high-self-esteem.

3. Life's evolution has been and still is and will continue to be the
evolution of genes. The total number of genes, each with its own unique
identity/functional-capability is, of course, the number of different
organisms multiplied by their number of genes, which are now
dependent-symbiotic members in chromosomes, cooperative-communes of genes.
It is the GENES that evolve, and the evolution of the chromosomes and of
'higher strata' organisms is simply a consequence of their genes' evolution.
The drive and purpose of evolution of the organisms is to enhance the
functionality and survivability of the genes, in order to maintain and
enhance Earth's biosphere energy storage.

4. This is the plain bare story of the drive and purpose of life. We do not
yet comprehend what ENERGY is generically. We are just beginning to
comprehend the nature of the raw material called Life and that the purpose
of OUR life is ours to choose and develop and follow.

Again, humans, like every other organism, are just products of evolution of
the individual and collective genes of their genome. And humans, like every
other organism, repay their genetic formers with feedbacks that serve to
further complex their formers and to increase their formers' survivability.
The 'higher-strata' organisms are only means of survival of THE PURPOSE of
life, which is their genetic material. However, as far as the organism is
concerned it itself IS the purpose of life; ask any human...

G. Earth Life Is A Real Virtual Affair

Earth Life Is A Real Virtual Affair; it pops in and out of existence in its
matrix, which is the energy constrained in Earth's biosphere .

H. Tree of Life

1. In Biology Online, 26-28 Nov 2006, AG asks:

How is the Tree of Life rooted?... What could the last universal common
ancestor be?

Dov suggests
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-P81pQcU1dLBbHgtjQjxG_Q--?cq=1&p=194

2. Scientism and "evolutionary thinking" suggest that the study of the
nature of life must be focused on the nature of the presently known earliest
genes and on the probable nature of their probable earlier editions,
backwards to the treshold of formation-transition of pre-RNA molecules into
their self-replicating RNA editions, in the company of their precursors and
of the predecessors of the precursors.

3. Most probable conjecture of the constellation of the Stealthy Life
Genesis:

(a) In a (need composition definition) aqueous medium are present all
components of the early "replicating configurations" plus all the
predecessors of those components, and

(b) the energy balance of each of the progressing (steps) reactions, along
the direction from the base elements level up to the replicator, are always
forward-favoured, so that in the presence of all the required elements the
replicator's formation energetically draws the progressive reactions.

The starting clues are, of course, the earliest available replicating
compositions and their in-cell processes, and the starting unknown variables
are the systems' base molecules and the systems' energetic circumstances.

(c) The essential early events of the energy-contents-driven
"chemicals-to-life" progression comprise single-strand base extensions and
ligations. DNA formation occurs most probably very much later.

All the consecutive steps in the progression are energy-contents-driven.
Thus the chemicals-to-life transit is not a single dramatic step/rung of the
ladder but consists of multi-small-steps/rungs and, due to variations in
circumstances and in-line with the fractal nature of everything in the
environments, it is random/stochastic.

(d) I conjecture life's genesis much earlier than the celling of genes.
Genomes are communal coops of what way back originally were RNA independent
genes, these various/different genes being then the first proliferrable life
forms. Evolution and survival directed them and their much younger DNA
progeny to become united, chromosomes and genomes, simply because
cooperation is the most survivable mode, and the further process of
evolution included celling for control of environmental parameters plus ever
increasing member genes specialization as more capabilities evolve by some
individual members of the commune of genes.

4. AG : I was also leaning toward Woese's theory.

Dov : Genesis Of Life

Carl Woese ( June 9, 1998 ):

"The ancestor ( of life ) cannot have been a particular organism, a single
organismal lineage. It was communal (13, 22), a loosely knit, diverse
conglomeration of primitive cells that evolved as a unit, and it eventually
developed to a stage where it broke into several distinct communities, which
in their turn become the three primary lines of descent".

Dov Henis:

Earth life's genesis cannot have been cell(s). Cells, liken all (every)
objects and processes and natural laws in the universe, are - since
singularity - products of evolution and are continuously further evolving.
Everything in the cosmos is fractal, rehappens on many scales, and is
continuously evolving. Each and every system in the universe continuously
evolves within the total universal evolution and all the systems' evolutions
are intertwined. Thus the root of earth's life cannot have been
deus-ex-machina cells. Cells cannot have been but one of the forms of
products of evolution of energy-transformation-storage systems, since at the
beginning was the energy singularity, at the end will be near zero mass and
an infinite dispersion of the beginning energy, and in-between, the universe
undergoes continuous evolution consisting of myriad energy-to-energy and
energy-to-mass-to-energy transformations. Therefore the roots of
earth-life's genesis must have been much earlier than the celling of genes,
in cosmic phenomena of active temporary reservoirs or pockets or bubbles of
energy, on Earth in formation of individual RNA replicating genes.

end chapter I

-----------------------

Chapter II

Natural Selection Is A Two Level Interdependent Affair

1) Evolution ensues from genome/genes modifications ("mutations"),
inherently ever more of them as new functional options arise for the
organism.

2) Modifications of genome's functional capabilities can be explained by the
second-stratum organism's culture-life-experience feedbacks to its genome,
its prime/base organism. The route-modification selection of a replicating
gene, when it is at its alternative-splicing-steps junctions, is biased by
the feedback gained by the genome, the parent organism, from the
culture-life-experience of its progeny big organism. THIS IS HOW EVOLUTION
COMES ABOUT.

3) The challenge now is to figure out the detailed seperate steps involved
in introducing and impressing the big organism's experiences (culture)
feedbacks on its founding parents' genome's genes, followed by the detailed
seperate steps involved in biasing-directing the genes to prefer-select the
biased-favored splicing.

4) I find it astonishing that only very few persons, non-professional as
well as professional biologists-evolutionists, have the clear conception
that selection for survival occurs on two interdependent levels - (a) during
the life of the second-stratum progeny organism in its environment, and (b)
during the life of its genome, which is also an organism. Most, if not all,
persons think - incorrectly - that evolution is about randomly occurring
genes-genome modifications ("mutations") followed with selection by survival
of the progeny organism in its environment. Whereas actually evolution is
the interdependent , interactive and interenhencing selection at both the
two above levels.

end chapter II

----------------------

Chapter III

The Cosmic Drive and Purpose

Behind

The Drive and Purpose Of Life

(1) Again, Earth Life Is A Real Virtual Affair; it pops in and out of
existence from its matrix, which is the energy constrained in Earth's
biosphere .

The totality of life in Earth's biosphere (the outermost part of the
planet's shell — including air, land, surface rocks and water — within which
life occurs, and which biotic processes in turn alter or transform.
Wikipedia.) is a temporary grand store of constrained energy, and all living
organisms are elaborate temporary energy storage containers and all base
genetic materials are "Life quanta", carriers of "Life photons".

(2) Singularity and D-Infinity (max expansion/ cosmic energy dilution) are
the two cosmic stable states. Their in-between is a metastable state, which
is an everyday commonsense observation. Likewise is the observation that the
denser the compacting goal of material the more energy is required, and vice
versa the more thorough the disintegration of material the higher the amount
of energy released. It seems that E=mC^2 is a specific case of the cosmic
(and universal) process

E=Total[m(1+D)] where D is the Distance from Big Bang point and the sum is
of all spatial values of D from D=0 to D=selected value.

[BTW, (Nov 9 2006), following Newton (1) gravity is decreased when mass is
decreased and (2) acceleration of a body is given by dividing the force
acting upon it by its mass. By plain common sense the combination of those
two 'laws' may explain the accelerating cosmic expansion of galaxy clusters,
based on the above E/ m/ D suggested relationship.]

(3) Since the Universe, including its sub-systems, also Life, is a
continuously evolving fractal system, ergo energy is the base element of
everything and individual genes are the base elements of Life. Cosmic
evolution is evolution of energy, and within it Life's evolution is the
evolution of the genes/energy-quanta carriers.

At the beginning was the energy singularity. At the end will be near zero
mass and an infinite dispersion of the beginning energy. In-between, the
universe undergoes continuous evolution, consisting of myriad
energy-to-energy and energy-to-mass-to-energy transformations.

The cosmos evolution process comprises, though, phenomena of forms of
temporary energy storage pockets, energy dispersion constraints. Examples of
such temporary pockets are black holes of all sizes, and all forms of
biospheres if/wherever they are.

The temporary constrained energy pockets are far-removed versions,
up-fractionally evolved, scattered cosmic fragmants of singularity-akin
energy sources. Energy stored in the temporary constrained energy pockets
resists dispersion; we do not yet comprehend why and how. However, we
comprehend that we, all Earth life, are real virtual products formed by
Earth's biosphere energy for maintaining Earth's biosphere bio as long as
possible.

end chapter III,

and respectfully resting my case,

Dov Henis

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-P81pQcU1dLBbHgtjQjxG_Q--?cq=1