Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

From: "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:48:34 +0000

Dear Professor,

As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that 
Darwin's 200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009.  Our 'Darwin 
Day' project is a nonprofit organization designed to promote an 
International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or near, 
Feb. 12th as we approach 2009.  Darwin and the theory of evolution are 
being used as symbols of scientific progress.  Our goal is to achieve a 
Global Celebration by 2009.  Currently, celebrations for February 2006 
are being registered and publicized on our Website darwinday.org 
<http://darwinday.org/> .

We invite you to visit our Website at darwinday.org 
<http://darwinday.org/> -- and then, consider joining many others in 
this constructive educational effort.  Our website offers several ways 
to participate and also contains extensive information to assist you in 
developing ideas for a Darwin Day celebration that is suitable for your 
unique circumstances.

Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, 
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, 
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard 
University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett 
(Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin 
(London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science 
Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others.  
We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in 
this project.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corp.
http://darwinday.org <http://darwinday.org/>

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail 
at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, using 
the account you want unsubscribed.  If using that account is not 
possible, send the information from another account, _with a message 
giving your old e-mail address,_ and the e-mail where we can verify that 
you actually want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by
sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to
"Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P,
Redwood City, CA  94063, USA".