Subject: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

From: "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:52:06 +0000

Dear Professor,

As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that 
Darwin's 200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin 
Day' project is a nonprofit organization designed to promote an 
International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or near, 
Feb. 12th as we approach 2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are 
being used as symbols of scientific progress. Our goal is to achieve a 
Global Celebration by 2009. Currently, celebrations for February 2006 
are being registered and publicized on our Website darwinday.org .

We invite you to visit our Website at darwinday.org -- and then, 
consider joining many others in this constructive educational effort. 
Our Website offers several ways to participate and also contains 
extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin Day 
celebration that is suitable for your unique circumstances.

Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, 
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, 
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard 
University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett 
(Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin 
(London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science 
Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others. 
We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in 
this project.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corp.
http://darwinday.org

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail 
at [email-masked], using the account you want 
unsubscribed. If using that account is not possible, send the 
information from another account, with a message giving your old e-mail 
address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually want our 
messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with 
your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration 
(Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".