Subject: More info on Iowa City Darwin Day

From: "John Stamler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:36:42 -0600

Dear EventInfo,

We have much more information about our first Darwin Day Celebration. Please
include the information in your listing. Thanks.

1) Website:  www.IowaCityDarwinDay.org    This site contains all the
information and I am attaching a flyer that we are using.

2) We have an invited speaker, Massimo Pigliucci, Professor, State
University Stony Brook

3) Dr. Pigliucci with give a book reading at Prairie Lights bookstore to be
broadcast on public radio.

*Feb 13, 7pm: Live from Prairie Lights*

Massimo Pigliucci reads from his new book:

*Making Sense of Evolution:** The Conceptual Foundations of Evolutionary
Biology*

and from his previous book:

*Denying Evolution: Creationism, Scientism, and the Nature of Science*
4) There is a scientific seminar hosted by the Department of Biologic
Sciences. This will be directed at the scientific community.

*Feb 14, 3:30pm: Seminar—101 Biology Bldg East*

*"Making sense of evolution: the conceptual foundations of evolutionary
biology**"*
5) This is the main event which is aimed at the general public.

*Feb 14, 5:30pm: Public Lecture—20C Pomerantz Center*

*"Is evolution a logical fallacy? (No...)"***
6) To wind up the festivities we are hosting a reception in the Univ. of
Iowa Natural History Museum that is free and open to the public.

*Feb 14, 6:30pm: Public Reception—Iowa Hall, Macbride*
7) We have incorporated as a nonprofit corporation and are continuing to
raise money toward an even bigger bash in two years.

8) People might want to visit our CafePress store for cool T-shirts, coffee
mugs, etc.  http://www.cafepress.com/iacitydarwinday

I am attaching a flyer that we are posting

One final request. Could you change the contact email address from
[email-masked] to [email-masked]? thanks.

John Stamler