Subject: Darwin Day poster

From: Colin Purrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:24:51 -0500

I made this file for my campus, but if you know of others who might 
want it, please pass it along.

Cheers,
Colin
-- 
Department of Biology,  Swarthmore College
500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, PA  19081
tel. (610) 328-8621; fax (610) 328-8663
http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/cpurrin1/index.html

---

From: Colin Purrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:39:01 -0500

Dear David and Robert,

Glad you can use it, and glad to hear you liked the quotemarks -- if 
you come across more quotes, I can always go to three pages for the 
printable PDF.

Best of luck in the Darwin Day promotion.  I'm trying to get parents 
interesting in doing Darwin Day celebrations for their kids' science 
classes -- take the offensive, without being offensive.

Do you have any good photographs of Darwin Day events?  I think a lot 
of folks link it with boring science talks on campuses, but I'd like 
to promote (even if it's fictitious) the image of party.  It's his 
birthday, after all.

Cheers,
Colin

>THANK YOU, Colin!
>
>We are doing mailings to supporters these days, and this poster is 
>very appropriate for many places.
>Swarthmore was also the source of some "Darwin has a Posse" 
>bookmarks that inspired us to use our
>pictures of Darwin across his lifetime, with quotes.   We're 
>impressed by the creativity at Swarthmore.
>
>We are hoping to offer various posters, pamphlets, bookmarks, maps, 
>bumper stickers, ribbons, etc.,
>mostly so that  people can download them and print as many as they 
>want for their Celebration event.
>
>We're also happy to see biologists and other scientists taking up 
>the idea of celebrating Darwin Day, perhaps
>in response to the political intrusions into what is taught in 
>science classes.
>
>Best wishes and please keep in touch,
>
>  - David Harris and Robert Stephens
>    DarwinDay.org
>
>----------------------------------------------------
>
>Colin Purrington wrote:
>

---

From: Colin Purrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:04:41 -0500

Hi Bob and Dave,

Made the attached version for you, in case you have need of it.  I'll  
make up a few stickers, too, to pop around Philadelphia area.  Also  
posted to my Flickr site for general consumption:

	http://www.flickr.com/photos/cpurrin1/353842704/in/photostream/

-Colin

- - - - -