Subject: Translations into Spanish

From: Roberto Reece <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:37:07 -0500

Dear David

I just got an e-mail from Dr. Stephens. I am delighted to help in the  
way I promised -texts into Latin American Spanish- but I don't quite  
understand Dr.Stephens' words "at the same time." Does he mean  
simultaneous translations? Please, tell me how should I get the texts  
to translate and let know what are the shortcomings to do it in my  
Mac. I use MacWord and  Safari as browser, I haven't been able to  
install Firefox.

Thanks

---

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:32:33 +0000

Hola, Roberto!

I actually wrote the message for Dr. Stephens.  The "at the same time" 
means that all the translators can be working on their languages and 
what one translator does will not harm what another translator does.  I 
think of the method as being "in parallel", or perhaps as "Multitasking" 
or "multithreaded", if those words make sense.

My immediate task today is to finish the directions for translators so I 
can send them out.  You will be among 3 people who get the first copies 
of the directions for translators.

I have heard of Safari, but not read a lot about it.  Now that 
Macintosh's can run OS X (Unix and the wonderful Mac interface) and 
Windows, I am thinking that the Mac users will grow in numbers.  I am 
glad you will use Safari, so that we can learn about any problems in 
supporting Safari users.

Thank you for your willingness to translate, and for your good question.

  - David Harris