Subject: Re: Translation instructions for Darwin Day

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:30:24 +0300

Hello,

I am happy to confirm that I can perform this translation, from
English to Greek, albeit my progress is expected to be somewhat slow
for lack of free time. Please create the Greek secret and public
trees, and tell me what to use for the Greek transcode.

Thanks,
Nikolaos S. Karastathis, BSc(Hons), MBCS, MIET
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

PS: I sent this from my secondary web-email address, [email-masked]
. If you can please send your reply to both of my addresses, including
[email-masked] , as these days I am often away from my home
machine. Hitting 'Reply to All' on your mail client should accomplish
this.

On 12/10/06, NSK <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
> Subject: Translation instructions for Darwin Day
> Date: Thursday 12 October 2006 02:42
> From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> After you read the directions, and feel that you can do this kind of
> translation, please reply to this message.  I will create a SECRET
> "tree" of pages for you, and a PUBLIC tree for the pages you want to
> make public in your language.   Right now I have to write the program
> that will run every 5 minutes and copy your completed work from the
> secret tree to the public tree.  Hopefully I will finish the program
> before you need it to work.  If necessary, I can copy your completed
> pages to the public site manually.
>   - David Harris, acting as "[email-masked]"

---

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 02:28:45 +0000

Hello, Nikolaos,

The secret "transcode" is 'Gk2006BC', and the public language is 
'GreekL'.  You can choose Greek from the Language page, accessible from 
the navigation bar (navbar).

If you start translating with the top of the home page, I can use those 
words to space things and create the navigation bars for all pages.

I am using Cascading Style Sheets to control the appearance of  the 
translations.  You control the words.

You are the first translator, and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

  - David Harris, also known as [email-masked]' or 
Translation coordinator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:14:18 +0000

Nikolaos,

If you've been trying to FTP to the secret area, please accept my 
apology.  I forgot to create a special FTP account for you.  I will send 
you the details of your secret account later today when I have created 
the account.

Translation coordinator wrote:
> 'GreekL'.  You can choose Greek from the Language page, accessible 
> from the navigation bar (navbar).
>
> If you start translating with the top of the home page, I can use 
> those words to space things and create the navigation bars for all pages.
>

---

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 02:28:45 +0000

Hello, Nikolaos,

Sincerely,

---

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:14:18 +0000

Nikolaos,