Subject: [Fwd: RE: Translating DarwinDay.org from English to Portugese]

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 01:54:07 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Translating DarwinDay.org from English to Portugese
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:28:28 -0600
From: Glasgow, Thays <[email-masked]>
To: R.Stephens <[email-masked]>

What a pleasure to hear from you! I am very happy to be able to
participate in this endeavour. Let me know when you are ready, and I
will start working.

Thanks again.
Thays

-----Original Message-----
From: R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:19 PM
To: Glasgow, Thays
Subject: Translating DarwinDay.org from English to Portugese

Dear Thays,

Thank you very much for contacting DarwinDay about translating pages of
our site from English into the Portugese language.  With supporters like

yourself, we can build a worldwide movement to celebrate Science and
Humanity on the birthday of Charles Darwin.  We are very grateful for
your generous offer of your translation skills.

We are currently planning how we can work with you to make a Portugese
language version of the Web site. We believe that technically we can
deliver the Web pages for all languages, if you can send us the
translated words.  We are also thinking about how to handle emails that
might come to us from people who communicate only in Portugese.

Since Darwin Day, February 12, has passed for this year, we believe we
should take some time to plan the worldwide (multilingual) communication

for Darwin Day in 2006.  We hope to develop the means for the
multilingual Web site during the remainder of 2005.  We are making minor

changes in the English version of the Web site at this time.  We will
send you e-mails when the DarwinDay.org Web site is ready to be
translated.  That might occur several weeks from now.

Again, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Robert ("Bob") Stephens, Ph.D.
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Darwin Day Celebration