Subject: Fwd: [Fwd: do you want a translation in hebrew?]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:10:49 EST

Subject: Re: [Fwd: do you want a translation in hebrew?]
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:09:55 EST

Dear Dr. Blizovsky:
 
I apologize for not getting back to you much sooner but we have been  swamped 
with activity related to Darwin Day Celebration (DDC) for the past  two 
months. 
 
Thank you for your offer to translate our website into Hebrew! One of our  
priorities for the rest of 2006 is to have, at least our HomePage, translated  
into as many additional languages as we can fined volunteers to do them.  
Currently we have only Spanish on-line in addition to English.  However, through 
the experience of putting the Spanish on-line  recently we have at least learned 
much about what it takes to add additional  languages. So, now our intention 
is to accumulate 3 or 4 languages and then  put them all up at once. This will 
save us considerable time and be more  impressive when they appear.
 
Our communications specialist David Harris, will be in touch with you soon  
to coordinate how he is planning to proceed. In the meantime please proceed 
with  a translation of at least our HomePage and we will be pleased to  included 
it in the next group of languages placed on our website. In addition we  
welcome your willingness to work with us in the future to promote Darwin Day  using 
the Hebrew language.
 
As we put new languages on-line we would like to accumulate email  addresses 
of professional people at various institutions such as universities,  
libraries and museums so that we can contact them with an appropriate email  this fall 
to encourage them to host an event to Celebrate Science and  Humanity on 
Darwin's birthday each year. 
 
The email address for Dr. Richard Zare is [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) . He is a very  gracious person and I feel sure you will find him 
willing to have his essay  translated into Hebrew. Please feel free to mention 
my name if you wish  to.
 
Again, thank you so much for your willingness to assist us. I look forward  
to a long period of cooperation.
 
Bob Stephens Ph.D.
Pres. DDC

In a message dated 2/16/06 4:48:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

--------  Original Message --------
Subject:     do you want a translation  in hebrew?
Date:     Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:54:31 +0200
From:  Avi Blizovsky <[email-masked]>
Reply-To:  [email-masked]
Organization:     ???  ?????
To:     [email-masked]

Helo.

My  name is Avi Blizovsky, The Editor of Hayadan site – The only
dedicated  science news site in Hebrew.

I have a big section on evolution  – both from the scientific ascpects –
biology and evolution and from the  perspective of the fight against
creationism/ID.

I choose Charles  Darwin to be the person of the millemuim in dec. 31.
1999. (the site is  active since 1997 at the first it was called The
Israeli  Skeptic).

I will be happy to translate the site. Actually I  want the email of
//Richard Zare ////to get his permition to translate his  article
//**/Science is not just a matter of  opinion/**
<http://www.darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/articles/notopinion.html>.

I  don't have as a volunteer the resources to organize events but I can
joint  venture with some organizations that have facility such as Hemda –
Science  Center in Tel Aviv, Bashaar – an NGO that fight ignorance  etc.

My contacts

Avi Blizovsky

Editor  http://www.hayadan.org.il <http://www.hayadan.org.il/>

Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Mobile:  +972-54-2999322