Subject: Fwd: Darwin Day Celebration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:19:58 EDT

David: What are your comments?

Subject: Re: Darwin Day Celebration
From: Arun <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:08:15 +0530

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am pleased to know that I can be of help.

I live at India so I may not be able to come personally to your premises and
work. But I can work from here, and we could communicate via email and voice
chat. I am familiar with Dreamweaver and the following softwares as well:
Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, InDesign, and more.

Although I'm from India, I'm not really good enough at Hindi or other Indian
languages to be able to translate the website. However, I can refer you to
people who will be able to do that.

I can also help you with designing things like posters, banners, stickers,
newsletters, advertisements, business cards, envelopes, letterheads, etc
besides designing websites. I'm also involved in film-making (documentaries
and short films) and I could provide you with consultancy in this area.

Personally, I feel that the look and feel of the website can be improved a
lot. Perhaps we could discuss about it.

I might as well be able to join you there for the 200th Darwin Day
celebrations!

Best regards,
Arun

On 6/22/06, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Dear Arun:
>
> Thank you so much for offering to assist Darwin Day (DD) as a volunteer
> designer. I would be very pleased to see some examples of your work and we
> would also be pleased to have you work with us if we can find a way to do
> that. Perhaps you can design some additional downloads for others to use to
> promote DD events!
>
> You say you are from India and you know that our office address is in
> Redwood City California -- so I'm wondering if you live locally of if you
> would be working at a remote site? The software we use for our design work
> here is Dream Weaver -- are you familiar with this system?
>
> We are currently working on programming a communications system that will
> be used to have others work on translating our website into the major
> languages of the world. When this is completed we will be able to reach out
> more effectively to other countries and they in turn will be able to make
> use of our web information and participate in Darwin Day! Could you help
> with Hindu or any other language? Does this project sound of interest to you
> and can you assist us with it?
>
> If you are able to come to our office that would work out well -- We are a
> small nonprofit organization but we have up-to-date equipment and we would
> welcome your assistance if we can find a way to work together!
>
> I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
>
> Best wishes;
> Bob Stephens,
> Pres DDC.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:00:20 EDT

Dear Arun:

I'm pleased with your reply and the person you will be working with is David 
Harris who is our tech person. He will understand more about all aspects of 
our website than I do -- I'm an old guy who had the dream of a Darwin Day 
Celebration but I'm not a tech guy! 

The next step that I'd like take however, is to see some of your work -- 
would you be kind enough to send us some samples or refer us to things on the net 
that we can go to that are representative of your work? People who have 
commented on our website have been very complimentary about its appearance so I'm 
eager to have you explain or demonstrate what it is that you would like to 
change. Perhaps you could redo something that is on our website that you would 
regard as a significant improvement?

I'm very interested in moving ahead because we can use the type of assistance 
you are offering and we look forward to working with you.

Best Wishes;
Bob

In a message dated 6/23/06 10:38:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> besides designing websites. I'm also involved in film-making (documentaries and 
> short films) and I could provide you with consultancy in this area. 
>