Subject: Translation instructions for Darwin Day

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:42:42 +0000

Dear friend of Darwin Day,

I am David Harris, the person who has programmed most of the Darwin Day 
Web site.  I am grateful to you for being willing to translate 
DarwinDay.org into your native language.

I have now finished the directions for translating Web pages from 
English to your language.  These directions are attached to this email 
as a file in Microsoft Word 2000 format (*.doc).  I hope you can read 
that kind of file, because it allows me to include diagrams.  These 
files can probably be read by OpenOffice, the free open source word 
processor that works much like the Microsoft products.  Let me know if 
you find a problem.

After you read the directions, and feel that you can do this kind of 
translation, please reply to this message.  I will create a SECRET 
"tree" of pages for you, and a PUBLIC tree for the pages you want to 
make public in your language.   Right now I have to write the program 
that will run every 5 minutes and copy your completed work from the 
secret tree to the public tree.  Hopefully I will finish the program 
before you need it to work.  If necessary, I can copy your completed 
pages to the public site manually.

With sincere gratitude,

  - David Harris, acting as "[email-masked]"