Subject: RE: Darwin Day site ready to translate

From: "Glasgow, Thays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:46:12 -0500

Yes, I will be happy to do it! 

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. R. Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:44 PM
To: Ruoqi Wang; Roberto Reece; dennis cd; Thiago Parente; Glasgow,
Thays; Nikolaos S. Karastathis
Subject: Darwin Day site ready to translate

Dear generous friends of Darwin Day,

Back around February 2006 you sent email saying that you are willing to 
translate the DarwinDay.org Web site from English to your native
language.

Let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Preparing for many

languages was more difficult than we realized.

I am pleased to announce that we have been able to organize 
http://darwinday.org, the Darwin Day Web site, so that many translators 
can translate from English into their own language, at the same time.

David  Harris ([email-masked]) is our computer architect.  He has

created a system that will allow you to translate, see the result of 
your translation immediately (the way it will look on the Web site), and

modify or continue your translating.

To do this you need to know how to use (1) any text editor (word 
processor) that uses text files, (2) any browser (Firefox is 
recommended) that displays Web pages, and (3) any version of the File 
Transfer Program (FTP) that can get the English Web pages and put your 
translated pages back to the DarwinDay.org Web site.  If you need some 
help with FTP, David can help you.  He has written directions for using 
these 3 programs to make and test translations.

Are you still willing to translate the DarwinDay.org Web site into your 
native language?

Sincerely,

-  Robert ("Bob") Stephens, Ph.D., President of Darwin Day Celebration