Subject: Darwin Day site ready to translate

From: "Dr. R. Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:44:20 +0000

Dear generous friends of Darwin Day,

Back around February 2006 you sent email saying that you are willing to 
translate the DarwinDay.org Web site from English to your native language.

Let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Preparing for many 
languages was more difficult than we realized.

I am pleased to announce that we have been able to organize 
http://darwinday.org, the Darwin Day Web site, so that many translators 
can translate from English into their own language, at the same time.

David  Harris ([email-masked]) is our computer architect.  He has 
created a system that will allow you to translate, see the result of 
your translation immediately (the way it will look on the Web site), and 
modify or continue your translating.

To do this you need to know how to use (1) any text editor (word 
processor) that uses text files, (2) any browser (Firefox is 
recommended) that displays Web pages, and (3) any version of the File 
Transfer Program (FTP) that can get the English Web pages and put your 
translated pages back to the DarwinDay.org Web site.  If you need some 
help with FTP, David can help you.  He has written directions for using 
these 3 programs to make and test translations.

Are you still willing to translate the DarwinDay.org Web site into your 
native language?

Sincerely,

-  Robert ("Bob") Stephens, Ph.D., President of Darwin Day Celebration

---

From: Roberto Reece <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:30:40 -0500

Dear Dr. Stephens
Thanks for your note. I am ready to translate any texts you may need  
into Spanish.
It will be a pleasure to do something for such a worthy cause.

Best Regards

Roberto Reece

On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Dr. R. Stephens wrote:

> Back around February 2006 you sent email saying that you are  
> willing to translate the DarwinDay.org Web site from English to  
> your native language.
>
> Let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Preparing for  
> many languages was more difficult than we realized.
>
> I am pleased to announce that we have been able to organize http:// 
> darwinday.org, the Darwin Day Web site, so that many translators  
> David  Harris ([email-masked]) is our computer architect.   
> He has created a system that will allow you to translate, see the  
> result of your translation immediately (the way it will look on the  
> Web site), and modify or continue your translating.
>
> recommended) that displays Web pages, and (3) any version of the  
> File Transfer Program (FTP) that can get the English Web pages and  
> put your translated pages back to the DarwinDay.org Web site.  If  
> you need some help with FTP, David can help you.  He has written  
> directions for using these 3 programs to make and test translations.
>
> Are you still willing to translate the DarwinDay.org Web site into  
> your native language?
>
> Sincerely,
>

---

From: NSK <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:24:10 +0300

> Are you still willing to translate the DarwinDay.org Web site into your

Dear Dr Stephens I will be glad to translate DarwinDay from English to Greek, 
although I may be slow to finish the translation because I am busy with work 
and an MSc. Please forward me further instructions on how to proceed with the 
translation.

-- 
Nikolaos S. Karastathis (NSK), BSc(Hons), MBCS, MIET
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science
Member of the British Computer Society (BCS)
Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Member of the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM)
Professional Homepage http://www.karastathis.org/
Personal Homepage http://nsk.wikinerds.org/
Founder of the Wikinerds Community http://www.wikinerds.org/