Subject: website - Italian version

From: "Paolo Lanapoppi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:31:10 +0100

This is in answer to your call:

<<If you would like to volunteer to help us make the website available in
other languages, please HYPERLINK
"http://www.darwinday.org/englishL/aboutddc/contact.html"contact us!>>

Yes, I am willing to help with the Italian version. I am a native Italian
and used to be a teacher of Italian Literature in American Universities. Now
I have retired and I live in Italy.

Please let me know how this would work.

Thank you,

Aleramo Lanapoppi

Venice, Italy 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.11/652 - Release Date: 25/01/07
15.32

---

From: "Paolo Lanapoppi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:28:18 +0100

Dear David,

Very well. Let me know when you are ready.

Yes, I do participate in this year’s DarwinDay celebrations in Venice. I
also posted at the main Italian Evolution site (HYPERLINK
"http://www.pikaia.eu/"http://www.pikaia.eu/, run by Univ. of Milan), the
Italian translation of the superb lecture by Carolyn Porco at the Beyond
Belief convention in La Jolla (it is also posted at the It. UARR site). And
we are organizing a public screening of that lecture here in Venice, if we
can obtain a video in good definition.

Congratulations for the site!

Aleramo

   _____  

Da: Translation coordinator [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Inviato: martedì 30 gennaio 2007 1.10
A: Paolo Lanapoppi
Oggetto: Re: website - Italian version

Dear Paolo,

We at DarwinDay.org are delighted to receive your generous offer.  You sound
like an excellent person to translate into Italian, and Italian universities
are holding a large number of Darwin Day events educating about evolution!

At this time we are scrambling to prepare everything for Darwin Day 2007,
but we expect that I can work with you after the middle of February, when we
become less busy.  I hope you can participate in this year's Darwin Day
celebrations.

Again, thank you for your generous offer of translation into Italian, and we
will reply with details in a few weeks.

  - David  Harris, coordinator of translations

Paolo Lanapoppi wrote: 

Thank you,

Aleramo Lanapoppi

Venice, Italy 

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.11/652 - Release Date: 25/01/07
15.32

---

From: Translation coordinator <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:10:03 +0000

Dear Paolo,

We at DarwinDay.org are delighted to receive your generous offer.  You 
sound like an excellent person to translate into Italian, and Italian 
universities are holding a large number of Darwin Day events educating 
about evolution!

At this time we are scrambling to prepare everything for Darwin Day 
2007, but we expect that I can work with you after the middle of 
February, when we become less busy.  I hope you can participate in this 
year's Darwin Day celebrations.

Again, thank you for your generous offer of translation into Italian, 
and we will reply with details in a few weeks.

Paolo Lanapoppi wrote:
> <<If you would like to volunteer to help us make the website available 
> in other languages, please contact us 
> <http://www.darwinday.org/englishL/aboutddc/contact.html>!>>
>
>  
>
> Yes, I am willing to help with the Italian version. I am a native 
> Italian and used to be a teacher of Italian Literature in American 
> Universities. Now I have retired and I live in Italy.
>
>  
>
> Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.11/652 - Release Date: 
> 25/01/07 15.32
>