Subject: Fwd: Darwin Day Events

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:59:36 EDT

Subject: Darwin Day Events
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:20:35 EDT

Dear Rafida (Bonna) Ahmed:

I'm very sorry that I did not get back to you in January when you wrote 
requesting advice on how to Celebrate Darwin Day. Unfortunately at that time I was 
so busy that I was not even reading my emails regularly. First however, let me 
say that I have recently taken time to browse and read your website and I'm 
very impressed! Congratulations on the graphics and information contained 
throughout your website, but especially in the section on "Mukto-Mona Celebrates 
Darwin Day!" I'm very pleased that you were able to launch your Darwin Day 
webpage for the 2006 Celebration. Also, thank you for displaying links to our 
website in such an attractive way. 

We are currently getting ready to promote Darwin Day Celebrations (DDC's) for 
2007 and will be featuring several sample-Websites of Events held in 2006 on 
our Homepage. They will serve as examples for others to consider while they 
are deciding on how they wish to join in the festivities celebrating Darwin, 
Science and Humanity! Your idea of an "Internet Congregation" consisting of 
integrated freethought communities worldwide is unique and will be of great value 
as they expand in number and produce events of their own. Because of your 
unique approach and the quality of your website we will use it as one of the 
samples that we feature on our homepage during the next few months. In addition, we 
will link to a number of other websites about DDC's held in previous years to 
assist those wishing to join us with ideas on what they can do.  

I'm very pleased to hear that you are promoting science and rationalism in 
both Bangladesh and India and that you are translating and publishing books on 
science especially on evolution as a counter action to fundamentalism. As you 
know, it is religious fundamentalism that is causing so much animosity around 
the world today and we must do our best to promote scientific knowledge 
everywhere. As you say on your website, "Freethought-communities can build 
cooperative, interrelated communities worldwide. Communities that rely on scientific 
knowledge to solve the problems facing our world today, without the interference 
of supernatural religions, can contribute a great deal towards a peaceful 
future of human kind!" The paradigm that I like to promote to solve problems at 
all levels is one that consists of Verifiable Scientific Knowledge, Intellectual 
Maturity and Rational thought.

One of the objectives of our organization this year is to make our website 
www.darwinday.org  available in as many different languages as possible. To do 
this, our programmer David Harris has developed templates based on 
'Dreamweaver' to make it easy for volunteers to do the translations. Since you are able to 
translate English into Bengali, I would like to ask if you would be willing 
to consider translating our website so that it would be available to all those 
who speak Bengali. If you, or someone in your organization can do this you can 
let me, or David know at [email-masked] and he will explain how to 
proceed. We are encouraging our translators to post articles in their native 
languages as well as augment the Advisory Board with appropriate scholars from 
their culture such as those you have used on your own website. If this appeals to 
you, it would be a privilege for us to work with you.

Best Wishes:
Robert (Bob) Stephens 
President of Darwin Day Celebraion.

In a message dated 8/24/06 4:18:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:   Need some Advice ro celebrate Darwin Day Please
Date:   Sat, 28 Jan 2006 07:56:36 -0800 (PST)
From:   Rafida Ahmed <[email-masked]>
To:   [email-masked]

Dear Darwin Day organizers

We would like to celebrate Darwin Day with you all on behalf of
Mukto-mona. Let me give you a brief introduction of who we are....
Mukto-Mona (www.mukto-mona.com <http://www.mukto-mona.com/>) is an
Internet congregation of freethinkers, rationalists, skeptics, atheists
& Humanists of mainly Bengali and South Asian descent (from Bangladesh,
India etc)scattered across the globe. Our mission is to promote science,
rationalism, secularism, freethinking, human rights, religious
tolerance, and harmony.To that end, Mukto-mona regularly posts scholarly
articles, essays, reviews and debates on relevant topics in its homepage
<http://www.mukto-mona.com/> and forum
<http://www.mukto-mona.com/Forum/forum.html> and also do community work
as much as possible. Please check out our activities here:
http://www.mukto-mona.com/news/report25aug05.htm
We are also trying to build an archive of science artciles in our
science section:
http://www.mukto-mona.com/new_site/mukto-mona/muk-science.htm

We are trying to protmote Science and reationalism in our community in
Bangladesh and India where religious fundamentalism has a strong hold in
people's mind. We have strated to publish books on Science in Bangladesh
and we are also doing translations of many scientific work, specially on
Evolution. Our First book was on the basics of Creation of the
Universe,http://www.mukto-mona.com/new_site/mukto-mona/muk-publication.htm.
Our second book is coming out in few months.

So much for introducing us, now I would like to seek your advice on
clebration of Darwin Day. We would like to launch a new page on this
occassion with English and Bangla articles. Previously we have contacted
Dr. Dawkins, Dr, Tim Berra and some other scientists and they have given
permission to publish there articles in our site. Please let us know how
can we work with you to promote this special day and the theme to our
community.

Thanks
Rafida (Bonna) Ahmed
Alpharetta, GA
USA
678-576-5153 (cell)