Subject: RE: FYI

From: "Curt Barker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:05:55 -0700

Hi Bob - I had a look around your site, and I think it's in pretty good
shape. It's nicely organized and very informational. If you feel
compelled to make some improvements, I can offer a couple
recommendations:

1. Start a Blog. It's all the rage. Take a look at a few of these ... 

http://search.blogger.com/?ui=blg&q=darwin+and+evolution or

http://search.blogger.com/?q=Darwin+Day+Celebration&btnG=Search+Blogs&hl
=en&ie=UTF-8&x=17&y=5&ui=blg

By having your own blog, and commenting on other blogs related to
evolution and Darwin, you can quickly build up traffic to your site.
Just make sure your URL is included in each post. Starting a blog is
simple and free through any number of online services (i.e. blogger.com,
blogspot.com, etc.). 

2. Start a podcast. Another new media trend with great potential and
minimal investment. This is like a radio talk show, but it's produced on
the cheap and offered for free via the web. Many people download
podcasts onto their iPod or other MP3 players, but the name is actually
derived from "Personal On Demand" (POD). This could simply be a
conversation between you and one or more of the other members. Set up a
schedule of topics or guest speakers and then provide the podcasts on a
regular basis. People can subscribe to the podcasts on iTunes or My
Yahoo or other mechanisms. Apple does a good job of providing a basic
tutorial ... http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/faq.html

Also, encourage content contributions from the Darwin experts on your
Advisory Board. 

http://www.darwinday.org/englishL/aboutddc/advisory.html

These people could write blogs or participate in podcasts.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

- Curt