Subject: [Fwd: Re: Thank you for Darwin Day event]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:41:22 +0000

Scottsdale 2009?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Thank you for Darwin Day event
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:36:36 -0700
From: HSGP <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>

Hello Bob,

We are planning on having a large HUMANICON SOUTHWEST conference here in
Scottsdale in 2009 to coincide with Darwin's 200th birthday.  I haven't
priced hotels yet, so don't know if we can do it reasonably in February or
may have to hold it later in the year (Feb. 12th is high season).  Perhaps
we can cooperate on planning this.  I tried to find someone at the Darwin
Day table in Albuquerque to discuss this, but every time I went into the
Dealer's Room, there was no one staffing the table!

We would want to have speakers who are pro-evolution -- hopefully, some
fresh faces will be along by then -- as well as other Humanistic speakers.
We've got slightly under four years to plan this, and we may have another
HUMANICON SW before that, probably in 2007.

Stay in touch!

Susan Sackett
Chair, HUMANICON SOUTHWEST

For more on HUMANICON SW, go to www.HumaniconSW.org and read about our 2004
conference.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:58 PM
Subject: Thank you for Darwin Day event

> Dear Susan Sackett,
>
> We at Darwinday.org want to thank all of you who have developed Darwin Day 
> Celebrations for the past few years, including the one this past February. 
> Please express our appreciation to all of the other people in your 
> organization who made your Event possible.  Each individual Celebration 
> contributed significantly to the spirit of the occasion and together they 
> made a grand statement about the importance of scientific knowledge to our 
> modern world.  As we work together each year to expand both the number of 
> Events and the number of participants we hope you will reach out to other 
> groups in your area and invite them to participate also.  It is only 
> through mutual cooperation and assistance that we can hope to achieve our 
> goal of a Global Celebration by 2009, Darwin's 200th birthday!  The role 
> of human curiosity and ingenuity in developing the vast knowledge we now 
> possess about the material world deserves to be recognized by all of us. 
> Darwin's central role in promoting a secular scientific explanation for 
> life on our planet was crucial to the rapid advancement of verifiable 
> knowledge.
>
> Currently Darwinday.org is preparing to reach out to many thousands of 
> additional groups early next fall to invite them to join us in 2006.  In 
> fact, we have just updated our website and made it possible for you to 
> register your event as soon as it is ready for next year.  This is a 
> process that we will repeat each year as we go forward to 2009 and beyond.
>
> In addition, we have begun to translate our website into additional 
> languages and we expect this project to continue through 2005 and into 
> 2006 so that we can reach those who speak one of the major languages other 
> than English.  It is our intention to design flyers and leaflets that you 
> can download and change to reflect local information, so that they can be 
> used to promote individual events.  If you have additional ideas about 
> what you we can do to assist you with promotional work, please feel free 
> to send us your suggestions.
>
> Again, we sincerely thank you for a job well done!
>
> Bob Stephens
> President of Darwinday.org.
>
>
>