Subject: [Fwd: Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:22:42 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News
Date: 	Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:54:33 +1300
From: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Galapagos hawk
Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html>  |  Membership 
<http://www.gct.org/member.html>  |  Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html>  |  Conservation projects 
<http://www.gct.org/funded.html>  |  About Us 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html>  |  Contact Us 
<http://www.gct.org/contact.html>

Galapagos Conservation Trust logo 	  Welcome to the Galapagos 
Conservation Trust's e-newsletter...
11 December, 2005

Dear Mr Stephens,

In this edition:

    * Last chance to buy The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tickets
      <#lwwtickets>
    * Recent issue with online credit card forms <#onlineform>
    * Galapagos news <#news>
    * Journey Latin America raises funds for Galapagos conservation <#jla>
    * Discover the World Galapagos Islands Charter <#dtwcharter>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last chance to buy The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tickets

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

If you are disappointed not to have been at the recent premier at the 
Royal Albert Hall, there is still time to get your tickets to attend the 
special Christmas screening of *The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The 
Witch and The Wardrobe* on Saturday 17th December.

This exciting event, held in association with GCT and Disney, will be 
attended by Skandar Keynes who plays Edmund in the film. Skandar is also 
the great-great-great grandson of Charles Darwin, and one of GCT's 
members. You are also invited to attend the after show party, where you 
will be able to meet Skandar and some of GCT's celebrity supporters.

Visit www.gct.org/events.html <http://www.gct.org/events.html#narnia> 
for further information, and contact Abigail at the GCT office on +44 
(0)20 7629 5049 or email [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> to 
book your tickets. If you have ordered tickets online and not yet 
received them, please telephone the GCT office.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent issue with online credit card forms

 From the 25th November to 9th December we were unable to receive online 
credit card form details due to problems suffered by our Internet 
Service Provider. If you filled in an online form during this time, 
please contact Catherine at the GCT office by phoning +44 (0)20 7629 
5049 or emailing [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. Please 
accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galapagos news

Charles Darwin Research Station news bulletin:

Charles Darwin Foundation logo

    * More Galapagos petrels discovered
      <http://www.gct.org/nov05_2.html#petrels> - An exhaustive
      exploration of potential nesting sites of the Galapagos petrel
      found around 300 new nests on Santa Cruz Island...
    * New colonies of rare endemic rice rat found on Santiago Island
      <http://www.gct.org/nov05_2.html#ricerat> - Two new populations of
      the endemic rice rat, /Nesoryzomys swarthi/, were discovered on
      the northern coast of Santiago Island during a monitoring
      expedition in March this year
    * Alcedo volcano rich in invertebrate species
      <http://www.gct.org/nov05_2.html#alcedo> - Alcedo Volcano, on
      Isabela Island, was until recently one of the largest and most
      intact volcano ecosystems in the Galapagos...
    * Darwin Day 2005: linking science and community
      <http://www.gct.org/nov05_2.html#darwinday> - Darwin Day 2005
      provided an excellent opportunity to strengthen the link between
      science and the local community...
    * More teachers and students discover the Galapagos Islands
      <http://www.gct.org/nov05_2.html#lindblad> - In 1998, Lindblad
      Expeditions launched the "Teachers on Board" programme in the
      Galapagos Islands to give local teachers and students the
      opportunity to experience the natural richness of the islands...

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journey Latin America raises funds for Galapagos conservation

Journey Latin America <http://www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk>

Journey Latin America recently held a series of talks throughout the 
country, in Edinburgh, Bristol, London and Manchester, with highly 
entertaining speakers including Nick Thorpe, journalist and author of 
the book "Eight Men and a Duck - An Improbable Voyage by Reed Boat to 
Easter Island".

Thanks to the support of everyone attending, Journey Latin America have 
just presented a cheque for £400 to the Galapagos Conservation Trust, to 
go towards conservation projects in Galapagos.

GCT would like to say a very big thank you to Journey Latin America for 
organising such a successful and enjoyable series of events.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover the World Galapagos Islands Charter

Galapagos iguana

Specialist tour operator Discover the World have chartered the 
/Cachalote/ in September next year for an exclusive 11-night holiday 
sailing through the 'enchanted isles' in the company of a Galapagos 
Conservation Trust lecturer.

During the fabulous wildlife cruise, spend some time at the Darwin 
Research Centre on Santa Cruz, explore islands including Isabela, 
Espanola and Floreana, witness the extraordinary array of endemic 
wildlife and take the opportunity to explore Ecuador's historic capital 
city.

For further information, visit www.gct.org/charter1.html 
<http://www.gct.org/charter1.html> or contact Discover the World on 
+44(0) 1737 218802.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Galapagos Conservation Trust GOLD CLUB*
Bales Worldwide | Bernard Chandran | Celebrities Worldwide | Discovery 
Initiatives | Durley House | Eric Way | Flemings | Laurent Perrier | 
Nicholas Moll Design | Quasar Nautica | Rhubarb | Select Latin America

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forward this newsletter to a friend <http://www.gct.org/enews/eforward.html>

Would you prefer to receive a text-only version of this email newsletter?
Then please reply and write TEXT in the subject line of your email.

GCT is a registered charity (no. 1043470). Address: 5 Derby Street, 
London W1J 7AB, United Kingdom. If you have received this email in 
error, or wish to be removed from our list, please reply and write 
UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html> | About GCT 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html> | Explore Galapagos 
<http://www.gct.org/intro.html> | Conservation 
<http://www.gct.org/conserve.html> | Get Involved 
<http://www.gct.org/involved.html> | Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html> | Events <http://www.gct.org/events.html> 
| Visiting Galapagos <http://www.gct.org/visit.html> | Junior Zone 
<http://www.gct.org/children.html> | Links 
<http://www.gct.org/links.html> | Site map 
<http://www.gct.org/sitemap.html>
Copyright © Galapagos Conservation Trust 2005. Read our Terms of use 
<http://www.gct.org/terms.html> and Privacy policy 
<http://www.gct.org/privacy.html>