Subject: [Fwd: Re: Thank you for Darwin Day event]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 21:51:39 +0000

This sounds like a good idea, along with the ready-to-fill-in printable 
posters:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Thank you for Darwin Day event
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:41:58 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Jeanine DeNoma)
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear Mr. Stephens

Thank you for the message and for the efforts of the Darwin Day
organization. We find it is a worthy educational endeavor.

There is one item I would find useful when I am doing the publicity for our
local Darwin Day event: a press release prepared and available on the
Darwinday.org website. Each year I generate de novo both a description of
our local event and a short explanation of the international Darwin Day
effort. It would be convenient to have a short media-ready statement about
the international Darwinday.org goals that we could incorporate into our
press release. A longer version of the press release that we could include
in a press packet would also be helpful, depending upon local media
interest.

Thank you,
Jeanine DeNoma

Oregonians for Rationality
Darwin Day event coordinator
[email-masked]

>Dear Jeanine DeNoma,
>
>We at Darwinday.org want to thank all of you who have developed Darwin Day
>Celebrations for the past few years, including the one this past February.
>Please express our appreciation to all of the other people in your
>organization who made your Event possible.  Each individual Celebration
>contributed significantly to the spirit of the occasion and together they
>made a grand statement about the importance of scientific knowledge to our
>modern world.  As we work together each year to expand both the number of
>Events and the number of participants we hope you will reach out to other
>groups in your area and invite them to participate also.  It is only
>through mutual cooperation and assistance that we can hope to achieve our
>goal of a Global Celebration by 2009, Darwin's 200th birthday!  The role
>of human curiosity and ingenuity in developing the vast knowledge we now
>possess about the material world deserves to be recognized by all of us.
>Darwin's central role in promoting a secular scientific explanation for
>life on our planet was crucial to the rapid advancement of verifiable
>knowledge.
>
>Currently Darwinday.org is preparing to reach out to many thousands of
>additional groups early next fall to invite them to join us in 2006.  In
>fact, we have just updated our website and made it possible for you to
>register your event as soon as it is ready for next year.  This is a
>process that we will repeat each year as we go forward to 2009 and beyond.
>
>In addition, we have begun to translate our website into additional
>languages and we expect this project to continue through 2005 and into
>2006 so that we can reach those who speak one of the major languages other
>than English.  It is our intention to design flyers and leaflets that you
>can download and change to reflect local information, so that they can be
>used to promote individual events.  If you have additional ideas about
>what you we can do to assist you with promotional work, please feel free
>to send us your suggestions.
>
>Again, we sincerely thank you for a job well done!
>
>Bob Stephens
>President of Darwinday.org.