Subject: Darwin Day at AAAS, February 16, 2007

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 02:04:02 +0000

DNA circle logo for DDC

Darwin Day Celebration

AN INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITY

2682 Middlefield Rd., Suite P, Redwood City, CA 94063 * 
[email-masked] * 650-701-1948

To:
"Patrick Bateson" <[email-masked]>
"William H. Calvin" <[email-masked]>
"Helena Cronin" <[email-masked]>
"Richard Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
"Daniel C. Dennett" <[email-masked]>
"Bill Durham" <[email-masked]>
"Steve Jones" <[email-masked]>
"Robin McKie" <[email-masked]>
"Steven Pinker" <[email-masked]>
"Eugenie C. Scott" <[email-masked]>
"Michael Shermer" <[email-masked]>
"Frank Sulloway" <[email-masked]>
"Colin Tudge" <[email-masked]>
"Edward O. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
"Carl Zimmer" <[email-masked]>

Subject: Darwin Day at AAAS, February 16, 2007

Date: 2 February 2007

Dear INININ,

As a member of the Darwin Day Advisory Board, I wanted to draw your 
attention to *The Alliance for Science *announcement at the AAAS meeting 
in San Francisco on the afternoon of Friday, Feb. 16.

The *Alliance for Science*, and /Darwin Day Celebration/ will be 
announcing the formation of a *National Task Force* to engage the 
scientific community in the celebration of Darwin's Bicentennial 
Birthday in February of 2009. The project will be known as the *Darwin 
Day 200 Celebration*--to promote Darwin, evolutionary theory, and the 
advancement of Science. I'm also pleased to let you know that Jon King, 
the producer of the month-long Shrewsbury Festival, in Darwin's home 
town, will be with us and assist in making this announcement!

If by any chance, you plan to attend, the AAAS meeting we would be 
pleased to see you there. As always, you can see our latest Web site at 
_www.darwinday.org. <http://www.darwinday.org/>_

Sincerely yours,

Bob Stephens, President, Darwin Day Celebration