Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: RE: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!]]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:52:58 +0000

Bob, the 501c3 designation is issued by the IRS, a FEDERAL agency, not 
by California.  Do we have (or need) any corresponding California decision?

Regarding responsibilities,  501c3 does not allow us to do "political" 
activities like lobbying.

   - David

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Fwd: RE: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!]
Date: 	Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:27:49 EDT
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Roger:
 
 We simply registered with the state of California as an educational 
nonprofit corporation and it carries some tax advantages with it. All 
the information is spelled out in the form you submit to the state. Can 
you tell me specifically why you ask?
 
Bob.

In a message dated 9/27/05 1:20:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

    Bob,
     
    Would you mind explaining to me how /Darwin Day Celebration/ became
    a a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corporation, and inform me of
    the advantages and limitations of having that status?  
     
    Roger