Subject: [Fwd: World Book Club?]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 17:16:34 -0400

Hopefully you know these people:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	World Book Club?
Date: 	Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:15:39 +0100
From: 	Kate Adair <[email-masked]>
To: 	<[email-masked]>

Hello Bob

I do hope you're well. Not at all connected to the science/religion 
programme we chatted about, but I thought you might be interested - or 
perhaps your friends/colleagues/students...

We've invited Richard Dawkins to take part in the World Book Club 
programme and I wonder whether you'd be interested in asking him a 
question about his book, 'The Selfish Gene'?

I've pasted a bit of info below. If you do think of a question you would 
like to put to the author, please do let me know. Ideally we would 
pre-record you asking the question which we would then play at the event 
itself. Let me know if this appeals?

Best regards
Kate

*Kate Adair*
Culture Shock/World Book Club
BBC World Service
Room 110CB, Bush House, London WC2B 4PH
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7557 2961

On the web:
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/culture_shock.shtml_
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/world_book_club.shtml_

Every month on BBC World Service Radio, a world famous author answers 
questions from listeners and a studio audience about one of their best 
loved books, in a discussion chaired by Harriett Gilbert.

*On Thursday 24th May 2007 our guest will be Australian author Thomas 
Keneally talking about 'Schindler's Ark'. The programme will be recorded 
at the British Library at 4.30pm*

*/'Schindler's Ark' is a Booker Prize winning novel which was later 
adapted into the highly successful movie 'Schindler's List' directed by 
Steven Spielberg. The book tells the story of Oskar Schindler, a Nazi 
Party member, who turns into an unlikely hero. By the end of the war, 
Schindler has saved 1100 Jews from concentration camps all over Poland 
and Germany/*

*On Thursday 7th June 2007, author Richard Dawkins will be talking about 
'The Selfish Gene', at BBC Bush House at 6pm*
*Would you like to be in the studio audience and/or put your question to 
either author? If so, email_ [email-masked]*

*Remember, the BBC World Book Club only exists thanks to the questions 
posed by you, our listeners, so please keep sending them in!*

With all our very best wishes and happy reading!
The World Book Club Team
BBC World Service

http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain 
personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically 
stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in 
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.