Subject: [Fwd: Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:29:34 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News
Date: 	Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:16:03 +1300
From: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Galapagos hawk
Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html>  |  Membership 
<http://www.gct.org/member.html>  |  Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html>  |  Conservation projects 
<http://www.gct.org/funded.html>  |  About Us 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html>  |  Contact Us 
<http://www.gct.org/contact.html>

Galapagos Conservation Trust logo 	  Welcome to the Galapagos 
Conservation Trust's e-newsletter...
1 February, 2006

Dear Mr Stephens,

In this edition:

    * Galapagos news <#news>
    * 2006 Photographic competition <#photo>
    * Forthcoming GCT events <#events>
    * Website survey results <#survey>
    * Galapagos cruise <#sla>

  Galapagos news

Galapagos sea lion: photographer Chris Hall

    * Tackling smelly sea lion problem <http://www.gct.org/jan06_1.html>
      - The iconic islands of the Galapagos are world famous for their
      flora and fauna. But just don't expect the locals to wax lyrical
      about the sea lions if you are ever fortunate to visit...
    * The shadow of mass tourism over Galapagos
      <http://www.gct.org/jan06_3.html> - The principal economic
      activity of Galapagos is tourism, which started in the 1970s when
      the first island dwellers used their own fishing boats to take
      round visitors. Since then the number of visitors has increased
      and during 2005, the Galapagos National Park reported that 122,000
      visitors had been to the archipelago...
    * Possible new insect invasion <http://www.gct.org/jan06_2.html> -
      Since the end of December 2005, the Invertebrate Department of the
      Charles Darwin Foundation has been receiving reports of a small
      black insect in Puerto Ayora...

..Top <#top>

  2006 Photographic competition

Entries are now open for this year's photographic competition and we 
would love to see your Galapagos images. You can win the chance to have 
your photo appear in our annual Galapagos calendar, and the overall 
winner will also receive tickets to Galapagos Day in London.

Visit www.gct.org/photo_c.html <http://www.gct.org/photo_c.html> for 
details and send your entries in today!

..Top <#top>

  Forthcoming GCT events

Visit our website at www.gct.org/events2.html 
<http://www.gct.org/events2.html> for details of the events we have 
planned for 2006, including a Galapagos Day to be held in Wales in 
March, a trip to the Scottish Seabirds Centre in Edinburgh, and our 
annual Galapagos Day event in London in conjunction with the BBC, which 
has been generously sponsored by Discovery Initiatives again this year.

You can join Professor Janet Browne, Dr John van Wyhe, Dr Ken Collins 
and Dr Henry Nicholls for a panel discussion about the natural history 
and conservation challenges of the Galapagos Islands, on the 26th April 
at the British Library Conference Centre. Tickets are £6 (£4 
concessionary) from the British Library Information desk or by phoning 
0207 412 7222 (£1 of each ticket sold will be donated to GCT).

*DON'T MISS OUT*
Buy your tickets now to *Darwin's Dream* at the Royal Albert Hall on the 
20th March. This is a new music theatre project for children and adults 
about the history of the planet from the Big Bang to the present day, 
centring on the travels, ideas and dreams of the great scientist, 
Charles Darwin. For further information and details of how to purchase 
your tickets, visit www.gct.org/events2.html 
<http://www.gct.org/events2.html#dream>, or email [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>.

..Top <#top>

  Website survey results

Thank you to everyone who completed the online survey of our website. We 
received lots of good ideas to help us improve our website and will be 
incorporating them in the next few weeks - so keep checking for new 
items! You can view the results by visiting 
http://www.gct.org/websurvey_2a.html.

..Top <#top>

  Galapagos cruise

Select Latin America and the Mary Anne

Are you planning a trip to Galapagos this year? Would you like to travel 
onboard a traditional square rigger, as part of a small group of only 16 
people?

Select Latin America are organising an exclusive charter to Galapagos, 
including special guest lecturers, a photographic master class, and a 
"behind the scenes" visit accompanied by the Executive Director of GCT.

For further information, visit www.gct.org/charter_1.html 
<http://www.gct.org/charter_1.html>, or contact Select Latin America on 
+44 (0)20 7407 1478.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Galapagos Conservation Trust GOLD CLUB*
Bales Worldwide | Bernard Chandran | Celebrities Worldwide | Discovery 
Initiatives | Durley House | Eric Way | Flemings | Laurent Perrier | 
Nicholas Moll Design | Quasar Nautica | Rhubarb | Select Latin America | 
The Ultimate Travel Company

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe <http://www.gct.org/newsreq.html> | Forward this newsletter to 
a friend <http://www.gct.org/enews/eforward.html> | Change your email 
address <http://www.gct.org/enews/echange.html>

Would you prefer to receive a text-only version of this email newsletter?
Then please reply and write TEXT in the subject line of your email.

GCT is a registered charity (no. 1043470). Address: 5 Derby Street, 
London W1J 7AB, United Kingdom. If you have received this email in 
error, or wish to be removed from our list, please reply and write 
UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html> | About GCT 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html> | Explore Galapagos 
<http://www.gct.org/intro.html> | Conservation 
<http://www.gct.org/conserve.html> | Get Involved 
<http://www.gct.org/involved.html> | Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html> | Events <http://www.gct.org/events.html> 
| Visiting Galapagos <http://www.gct.org/visit.html> | Junior Zone 
<http://www.gct.org/children.html> | Links 
<http://www.gct.org/links.html> | Site map 
<http://www.gct.org/sitemap.html>
Copyright © Galapagos Conservation Trust 2006. Read our Terms of use 
<http://www.gct.org/terms.html> and Privacy policy 
<http://www.gct.org/privacy.html>