Subject: Letter of inquiry attached, from Darwin Day project

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:47:17 +0000

Dear Mr. Weber:

If you got an email without the attachment, we apologize.

Attached is a letter of inquiry for a very cost-effective, innovative 
science educational project that combines an attractive online Web site 
about evolution with invitations to domestic and international groups to 
/Celebrate/ Darwin, Science and Humanity.  Individuals at existing 
organizations, including K-12 schools, colleges and universities, 
museums, libraries and private groups are invited  and encouraged to 
sponsor and develop appropriate EVENTS for their institutions and to 
share them with the general public.   Collectively these EVENTS are 
known as "Darwin Day", because they are held annually on Darwin's 
birthday, February 12.  Our website is available year round for students 
and educators at all levels to use for educational purposes and in 
addition, to provide assistance to institutions and groups who decide to 
sponsor a /Celebratory Event/.

This project has grown for several years now, and in 2006 there were 
over 650 EVENTS held in 13 countries accompanied by substantial news 
coverage and Web site recognition.  Darwin's bicentennial birthday will 
occur in Feb 2009 and we are seeking funds to build on our successful 
model towards a global Celebration in 2009 and beyond.  We believe that 
this project has the potential to build positive international 
relationships based on a common understanding of our world and universe.

We look forward to your advice on whether to submit a full proposal to 
the Sloan Foundation.

Sincerely,

Robert J (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
President, Darwin Day Celebration, Inc.
2682 Middlefield Rd., Suite P
Redwood City, California, 94063

Phone # 650-701-1948
Fax # 650- 369-7214
Email  [email-masked]