Subject: [Fwd: Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:46:26 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE
Date: 	Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:45:32 +0200
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	R.Stephens <[email-masked]>

p.s. I will send you some progress reports, but please do not publish it
before 26th of Agost, because we are writing for the first time before other
newspaper
hear you soon 
Luca

>-- Original Message --
>Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:58:51 +0000
>From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
>To: Luca Sciortino <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE
>
>
>Dear Luca:
>
>Thank your for the opportunity to make a statement about DARWIN 2,
>SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD. It is a pleasure to respond to this
>request and we, here at www.darwinday.org will be pleased to promote the
>
>project
>on our Website. If you, or someone working on the project will send us 
>'progress'
>reports we will post them on our Website under the heading of "News and

>Views."
>
>Here is my statement about the DARWIN 2 project:
>
>"As President of Darwin Day Celebration, I fully support the efforts
>of the Natural History Museum of Milan and their project DARWIN 2,
>SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD.  Darwin's original voyage on the
>Beagle was so successful that it initiated a Scientific Revolution
>that continues to inspire scientists today. The educational value of
>DARWIN 2 will be extensive as we approach the bicentennial of Charles
>Darwin's birth, on February 12, 2009. We all need to learn more about
>Darwin's life and his many accomplishments as he was a careful
>observer of nature. His theory of evolution has withstood the test of
>time and as a result of advancements in modern genomics, his star
>shines even brighter today than in 1859 when he published this famous
>book On The Origin Of Species.  In addition to supporting DARWIN 2,
>we invite everyone to visit www.darwinday.org and participate in the
>annual Darwin Day celebration by developing their own Celebration on 
>February 12,
>honoring Science and Humanity."
>
>Regarding your question about other Darwin Day events in Italy, we are 
>happy
>to report that Italians organized 15 celebrations of Darwin Day for 
>February 12, 2005.
>You can see the descriptions at 
>http://darwinday.org/englishL/home/2005.php .
>
>Sincerely Yours,
>
>Robert J. (Bob) Stephens Ph D.
>Pres. Darwin Day Celebration.
>
>
>
>Luca Sciortino wrote:
>
>>  Dear Bob, I'm Luca Sciortino a science writer working for Panorama,
>>  the leading weekly magazine in Italy. I have to write an article
>>  about DARWIN 2, SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD, which is organized by
>>  Natural History Museum in Milan, Icom, Wwf and Luca Novelli, as you
>>  know. In this article I will give this announcement for the first
>>  time. I would like to get from you a comment and put a quote in my
>>  article. That's why I ask you: what do you think about this project?
>>  Are there many other projects like this in Italy for darwin
>>  celebration ? Thank you anticipately for your answers best regards
>>  Luca Sciortino
>
>
>