Subject: Do You Want Darwin Day (Feb.12) mailings?

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:33:42 +0000

Darwin Day 
Celebration
                                                            Redwood 
City, CA, USA
                                                            Date: Sept. 
22, 2005
 
Dear Friend or Supporter of Darwin Day:
 
Thank you for visiting our website www.darwinday.org 
<http://www.darwinday.org/> during the past year and providing us with 
your e-mail address and often additional information, so that we could 
send you updates about Darwin Day activity.  We are now in the process 
of updating our records for 2006.
 
We noticed that you are one of a small number of people who registered 
with a lot of information, but left the button setting that said *"No - 
**May we send you e-mail about the Darwin Day Celebration project?**" 
 *We suspect that you didn't sign up with so much information if you 
didn't want to hear from us, but we're not sure.
 
If your name and e-mail address are correct and you *_DO_* want to 
receive e-mails from Darwin Day Celebration *please confirm by replying 
to this message,* using the e-mail account that received it.  If you 
wish us to use a different e-mail address please specify clearly the old 
address and the new address for us to use in the future.  We intend to 
develop a system that allows you to change your information yourself, in 
the future.
 
The staff here at DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> has been 
very busy this past year and we are pleased to report that the Darwin 
Day organization has greatly improved its website and our ability to 
communicate with large numbers of people.  This ability will allow us to 
encourage the development of many more Darwin Day Celebrations worldwide 
on Charles Darwin's Birthday -- February 12.  We are also pleased to 
invite you to read the new information we have recently posted and that 
will be frequently updated.  Some of these articles are listed on the 
Darwin Day Web site home page under "*Don't Miss These Current 
Articles."*  In addition, there are improvements to be found in most 
sections of the website.  For instance under *News & Views* we have 
recently added statements and essays that support evolution and the need 
to celebrate Darwin, Science and Humanity -- so do take a little time to 
read a few!
 
Finally we have introduced a section on the Home page on the *Two 
Emancipators* that were born on the same day in the same year; Abraham 
Lincoln, emancipator of the American slaves and Charles Darwin, 
emancipator of the human mind.  This item is further developed in essays 
on the website at darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html 
<http://darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html> .
 
Sincerely yours,
 
Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 
corporation.
http://www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>

P.S.  If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail 
at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , using 
the account you want unsubscribed.  If that is not possible, send from 
another account with a message that tells your old e-mail address and 
the e-mail where we can verify that you really want our messages stopped.
 
You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail 
clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 
Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City, CA  94063, USA".