Subject: [Fwd: Re: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:04:22 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!
Date: 	Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:03:17 -0500
From: 	Ron West <[email-masked]>
To: 	R.Stephens <[email-masked]>
References: 	<[email-masked]>

Thanks for the update Bob. Your information on me, name and email 
address are accurate. I like the "Two Emancipators", EXCELLENT!!

Cheers - Ron
On Sep 24, 2005, at 12:21 AM, R.Stephens wrote:

                                 Darwin Day Celebration
                                 Redwood City, CA, USA
                                 Date: Sept. 23, 2005
 
Dear Professor Ron West,
...
Thanks for the update Bob.  Your information on me, name and email
address are accurate.  I like the "Two Emancipators", EXCELLENT!!

Cheers - Ron

On Sep 24, 2005, at 12:21 AM, R.Stephens wrote:

<excerpt>                                 Darwin Day Celebration

                                 Redwood City, CA, USA

                                 Date: Sept. 23, 2005 

 Dear Professor Ron West, 

Thank you for visiting our website
<color><param>0000,0000,EEEE</param>www.darwinday.org</color> during
the past year and providing us with your name and e-mail address and
often additional information, so that we could send you updates about
Darwin Day activity.  We are now in the process of updating our
records for 2006.  If your name and e-mail address are correct
<bold>please confirm by replying to this message,</bold> using the
e-mail account that received it.  If you wish us to use a different
e-mail address please provide it for us to use in the future.

 The staff here at
<color><param>0000,0000,EEEE</param>www.darwinday.org</color> has been
very busy this past year and we are pleased to report that the Darwin
Day organization has greatly improved its website and our ability to
communicate with large numbers of people.  This ability will allow us
to encourage the development of many more Darwin Day Celebrations
worldwide on Charles Darwin's Birthday -- February 12.  We are also
pleased to invite you to read the new information we have recently
posted and that will be frequently updated on the Darwin Day Web site
home page under "<bold>Don't Miss These Current Articles."</bold>  In
addition, there are improvements to be found in most sections of the
website.  For instance under <bold>News & Views</bold> we have
recently added statements and essays that support evolution and the
need to celebrate Darwin, Science and Humanity -- so do take a little
time to read a few! 

Finally we have introduced a section on the Home page on the <bold>Two
Emancipators</bold> that were born on the same day in the same year;
Abraham Lincoln, emancipator of the American slaves and Charles
Darwin, emancipator of the human mind.  This item is further developed
in essays on the website at
<color><param>0000,0000,EEEE</param>darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html</color>
. 

Sincerely yours, 

 Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.

 Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, 

 SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)

 President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible
501(c)3 corporation.

<color><param>0000,0000,EEEE</param>http://www.darwinday.org</color>  

P.S.  If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this
e-mail at
<color><param>0000,0000,EEEE</param>[email-masked]</color> ,
using the account you want unsubscribed.  If that is not possible,
send from another account with a message that tells your old e-mail
address and the e-mail where we can verify that you really want our
messages stopped. 

You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail
clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682
Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City, CA  94063, USA". 

</excerpt>**************************

Ronald R. West, Ph.D.

Professor of Palaeobiology

Department of Geology

Thompson Hall

Kansas State University

Manhattan, Kansas 66506-3201