Subject: [Fwd: RE: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:19:43 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	RE: Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!
Date: 	Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:51:12 -0700
From: 	Roger Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: 	R.Stephens <[email-masked]>

Bob,
 
Would you mind explaining to me how /Darwin Day Celebration/ became a a 
nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corporation, and inform me of 
the advantages and limitations of having that status?  
 
Roger

    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
    *Sent:* Friday, September 23, 2005 11:02 PM
    *To:* Roger Anderson
    *Subject:* Preference inquiry and News from DarwinDay.org!

                                     Darwin Day Celebration
                                     Redwood City, CA, USA
                                     Date: Sept. 23, 2005
     
    Dear Associate Professor Roger Anderson,

    Thank you for visiting our website www.darwinday.org
    <http://www.darwinday.org/> during the past year and providing us
    with your name and e-mail address and often additional information,
    so that we could send you updates about Darwin Day activity.  We are
    now in the process of updating our records for 2006.  If your name
    and e-mail address are correct *please confirm by replying to this
    message,* using the e-mail account that received it.  If you wish us
    to use a different e-mail address please provide it for us to use in
    the future.

    The staff here at www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> has
    been very busy this past year and we are pleased to report that the
    Darwin Day organization has greatly improved its website and our
    ability to communicate with large numbers of people.  This ability
    will allow us to encourage the development of many more Darwin Day
    Celebrations worldwide on Charles Darwin's Birthday -- February 12. 
    We are also pleased to invite you to read the new information we
    have recently posted and that will be frequently updated on the
    Darwin Day Web site home page under "*Don't Miss These Current
    Articles."*  In addition, there are improvements to be found in most
    sections of the website.  For instance under *News & Views* we have
    recently added statements and essays that support evolution and the
    need to celebrate Darwin, Science and Humanity -- so do take a
    little time to read a few!

    Finally we have introduced a section on the Home page on the *Two
    Emancipators* that were born on the same day in the same year;
    Abraham Lincoln, emancipator of the American slaves and Charles
    Darwin, emancipator of the human mind.  This item is further
    developed in essays on the website at
    darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html
    <http://darwinday.org/englishL/newsviews/darlin.html> .

    Sincerely yours,
     
    Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
    Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
    SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
    President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible
    501(c)3 corporation.
    http://www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> 

    P.S.  If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
    Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this
    e-mail at [email-masked]
    <mailto:[email-masked]> , using the account you want
    unsubscribed.  If that is not possible, send from another account
    with a message that tells your old e-mail address and the e-mail
    where we can verify that you really want our messages stopped.

    You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail
    clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682
    Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City, CA  94063, USA".