Subject: [Fwd: Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:51:47 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News
Date: 	Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:55:35 +1200
From: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Galapagos hawk
Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html>  |  Membership 
<http://www.gct.org/member.html>  |  Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html>  |  Conservation projects 
<http://www.gct.org/funded.html>  |  About Us 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html>  |  Contact Us 
<http://www.gct.org/contact.html>

Galapagos Conservation Trust logo 	  Welcome to the Galapagos 
Conservation Trust's e-newsletter...
28 June, 2006

Dear Mr Stephens,

In this edition:

    * Harriet the giant tortoise dies aged 176 <#harriet>
    * Last chance to vote! <#competition>
    * Parody of the Penguins online auction <#auction>
    * Charles Darwin Research Station news bulletin <#cdrs>
    * Ticket giveaway for the Luxury Travel Fair <#fair>

  Harriet the giant tortoise dies aged 176

Harriet the Galapagos giant tortoise, thought to be the oldest creature 
in the world, died at her home in Australia Zoo on the 22nd June, of 
suspected heart failure. It is believed that Harriet and three other 
giant tortoises were collected by Charles Darwin, during his visit to 
Galapagos in 1835. Harriet weighed an impressive 150kg (23 stone), and 
for most of her life was thought to be a male. She was one of the star 
attractions at Australia Zoo.

..Top <#top>

  Last chance to vote!

Voting in this year's Galapagos photographic competition ends on Friday, 
so if you haven't already voted then visit www.gct.org/photo_vote06.html 
<http://www.gct.org/photo_vote06.html> to choose your favourite image 
now. Every vote submitted with a valid email address goes into a draw to 
win a signed poster of a Tui De Roy image, so don't miss out!

..Top <#top>

  Parody of the Penguins online auction

Signed Ecuadorian football shirt

As a part of the /Parody of the Penguins/ charity ball event on the 24th 
November 2006, the Galapagos Conservation Trust is holding a special 
online and on-the-night auction. The first two items to enter the 
auction are a celebration of the football World Cup - two Ecuadorian 
football shirts signed by the current Ecuadorian world cup squad. For 
further information, visit www.gct.org/auction06.html 
<http://www.gct.org/auction06.html>.

If you would like details of the /Parody of the Penguins/ event, please 
visit www.gct.org/events2.html#penguins 
<http://www.gct.org/events2.html#penguins>, or contact Abi at the GCT 
office by emailing [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> or phoning 
+44 (0)20 7629 5049.

..Top <#top>

  Charles Darwin Research Station news bulletin

The CDF, in its role as scientific advisor to the Government of Ecuador 
on matters of Galapagos conservation, has formally expressed its concern 
to the Ecuadorian Ministry of Environment, stressing that early action 
can prevent a population crash in the rare waved albatross /(Phoebastria 
irrorata)/...

For the full articles from the latest CDRS news bulletin, visit 
www.gct.org/jun06_1.html <http://www.gct.org/jun06_1.html>.

..Top <#top>

  Ticket giveaway for the Luxury Travel Fair

Jetty

Galapagos Conservation Trust and Aqua-Firma Worldwide 
<http://www.aqua-firma.co.uk/home.php> have 50 tickets to give away to 
The Luxury Travel Fair, Olympia, London on 29th June - 2nd July. We 
would recommend that you give a donation of £10 per ticket, which will 
save you £5 per ticket entry, and all money will go directly towards 
conserving the Galapagos Islands.

If you would like tickets for this event, please email Abigail on 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, stating your name, address, 
how many tickets you require and how you would like to make your 
donation. These tickets also allow access to The Daily Telegraph House 
and Garden Show, which is co-located in Olympia.

For further information on The Luxury Travel Fair, visit 
www.luxurytravelfair.com <http://www.luxurytravelfair.com>, or The Daily 
Telegraph House and Garden Show, visit www.houseandgardenfair.co.uk 
<http://www.houseandgardenfair.co.uk>.

GCT would like to thank Aqua-Firma 
(http://www.aqua-firma.co.uk/home.php) for their kind donation of 
tickets for this event.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Galapagos Conservation Trust GOLD CLUB*
Bales Worldwide | Bernard Chandran | Celebrities Worldwide | Discovery 
Initiatives | Durley House | Eric Way | Flemings | Laurent Perrier | 
Nicholas Moll Design | Quasar Nautica | Rhubarb | Select Latin America | 
The Ultimate Travel Company

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe <http://www.gct.org/newsreq.html> | Forward this newsletter to 
a friend <http://www.gct.org/enews/eforward.html> | Change your email 
address <http://www.gct.org/enews/echange.html>

Would you prefer to receive a text-only version of this email newsletter?
Then please reply and write TEXT in the subject line of your email.

GCT is a registered charity (no. 1043470). Address: 5 Derby Street, 
London W1J 7AB, United Kingdom. If you have received this email in 
error, or wish to be removed from our list, please reply and write 
UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html> | About GCT 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html> | Explore Galapagos 
<http://www.gct.org/intro.html> | Conservation 
<http://www.gct.org/conserve.html> | Get Involved 
<http://www.gct.org/involved.html> | Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html> | Events <http://www.gct.org/events.html> 
| Visiting Galapagos <http://www.gct.org/visit.html> | Junior Zone 
<http://www.gct.org/children.html> | Links 
<http://www.gct.org/links.html> | Site map 
<http://www.gct.org/sitemap.html>
Copyright © Galapagos Conservation Trust 2006. Read our Terms of use 
<http://www.gct.org/terms.html> and Privacy policy 
<http://www.gct.org/privacy.html>