Subject: [Fwd: Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:46:06 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE
Date: 	Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:18:22 +0200
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	R.Stephens <[email-masked]>

ok, just in time: I'm writing the article...  thanks very much
Luca

>-- Original Message --
>Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:58:51 +0000
>From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
>To: Luca Sciortino <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: DARWIN 2 , Second voyage FROM PANORAMA MAGAZINE
>
>
>Dear Luca:
>
>Thank your for the opportunity to make a statement about DARWIN 2,
>SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD. It is a pleasure to respond to this
>request and we, here at www.darwinday.org will be pleased to promote the
>
>project
>on our Website. If you, or someone working on the project will send us 
>'progress'
>reports we will post them on our Website under the heading of "News and

>Views."
>
>Here is my statement about the DARWIN 2 project:
>
>"As President of Darwin Day Celebration, I fully support the efforts
>of the Natural History Museum of Milan and their project DARWIN 2,
>SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD.  Darwin's original voyage on the
>Beagle was so successful that it initiated a Scientific Revolution
>that continues to inspire scientists today. The educational value of
>DARWIN 2 will be extensive as we approach the bicentennial of Charles
>Darwin's birth, on February 12, 2009. We all need to learn more about
>Darwin's life and his many accomplishments as he was a careful
>observer of nature. His theory of evolution has withstood the test of
>time and as a result of advancements in modern genomics, his star
>shines even brighter today than in 1859 when he published this famous
>book On The Origin Of Species.  In addition to supporting DARWIN 2,
>we invite everyone to visit www.darwinday.org and participate in the
>annual Darwin Day celebration by developing their own Celebration on 
>February 12,
>honoring Science and Humanity."
>
>Regarding your question about other Darwin Day events in Italy, we are 
>happy
>to report that Italians organized 15 celebrations of Darwin Day for 
>February 12, 2005.
>You can see the descriptions at 
>http://darwinday.org/englishL/home/2005.php .
>
>Sincerely Yours,
>
>Robert J. (Bob) Stephens Ph D.
>Pres. Darwin Day Celebration.
>
>
>
>Luca Sciortino wrote:
>
>>  Dear Bob, I'm Luca Sciortino a science writer working for Panorama,
>>  the leading weekly magazine in Italy. I have to write an article
>>  about DARWIN 2, SECOND VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD, which is organized by
>>  Natural History Museum in Milan, Icom, Wwf and Luca Novelli, as you
>>  know. In this article I will give this announcement for the first
>>  time. I would like to get from you a comment and put a quote in my
>>  article. That's why I ask you: what do you think about this project?
>>  Are there many other projects like this in Italy for darwin
>>  celebration ? Thank you anticipately for your answers best regards
>>  Luca Sciortino
>
>
>