Subject: [Fwd: Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News]

From: "R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:34:14 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust e-News
Date: 	Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:33:25 +1200
From: 	Galapagos Conservation Trust <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Galapagos hawk
Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html>  |  Membership 
<http://www.gct.org/member.html>  |  Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html>  |  Conservation projects 
<http://www.gct.org/funded.html>  |  About Us 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html>  |  Contact Us 
<http://www.gct.org/contact.html>

Galapagos Conservation Trust logo 	  Welcome to the Galapagos 
Conservation Trust's e-newsletter...
22 April, 2006

Dear Mr Stephens,

In this edition:

    * Project Isabela announcement <#isabela>
    * Galapagos Day Scotland <#events>
    * Running the London marathon in support of Galapagos <#marathon>
    * Lonesome George book launch <#george>
    * Trip to Scottish Seabirds Centre <#seabirds>

  Project Isabela announcement

Dog from the Isabela Project

We recently heard that on 30 March all Project Isabela field activities 
were ended on Santiago and Isabela islands. All the objectives and 
challenges planned years ago have been fulfilled and, we are delighted 
to report, have gone beyond what was planned and expected. All personnel 
and dogs are safely back home. We hope to have further news later on in 
our newsletter.

It is fantastic news and our congratulations go to all the team, and the 
Galapagos National Park and the Charles Darwin Foundation.

..Top <#top>

  Galapagos Day Scotland

In addition to our annual Galapagos Day event in London in September, 
GCT is holding a Galapagos Day in Scotland this year, with guest 
speakers Sir John Lister-Kaye OBE and Warwick Lister-Kaye. This special 
event will be held at The Scots Club in Edinburgh on 25th April at 6.30pm.

Sir John Lister-Kaye is one of Scotland's best-known conservationists. 
He has lectured on wildlife and the environment on three continents and 
served prominently in the RSPB, Scottish Natural Heritage and the 
Scottish Wildlife Trust. Warwick Lister-Kaye runs Rolling Earth Travel 
Ltd <http://www.rollingearthtravel.com>, an Edinburgh based travel 
company specialising in trips all over South America.

To purchase your tickets, contact Abigail at the GCT office on 020 7629 
5049 or email [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. Tickets cost 
£15.00 including wine reception.

..Top <#top>

  Running the London marathon in support of Galapagos

Charles Llewellyn-Jones is running the London marathon on the 23rd April 
in support of GCT. After travelling to the Galapagos in August 2002 
while on a nine month trip around South America, he described the visit 
to the islands as the highlight of his trip. He decided to join GCT on 
his return and support conservation efforts in Galapagos.

He has previously completed the New York marathon and was keen to run 
the London event. Although hampered by injury since January, he is still 
planning to enjoy the London marathon experience and complete all 26.2 
miles!

If you would like to support Charles in his efforts to raise funds for 
Galapagos, please contact the GCT office on 020 7629 5049 or email 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. If Charles has inspired you, and you 
would like to "run a marathon for Galapagos", please contact Leonor at 
the GCT office.

..Top <#top>

  Lonesome George book launch

Lonesome George The life and loves of a conservation icon

Dr Henry Nicholls will be launching his new book, /Lonesome George: the 
life and loves of a conservation icon/, at a special event on the 26th 
April at the British Library. Join Professor Janet Browne, Dr John van 
Wyhe, Dr Ken Collins and Dr Henry Nicholls for a panel discussion about 
the natural history and conservation challenges of one of the world's 
most fascinating places. For further details, visit our website at 
www.gct.org/events2.html <http://www.gct.org/events2.html#icons>.

..Top <#top>

  Trip to Scottish Seabirds Centre

Coming up on the 3 and 4th June is a rare opportunity for anyone who has 
a passion for flora or fauna, or both! During this trip to Edinburgh and 
North Berwick there will be the chance to visit the historic Royal 
Botanical Gardens, Edinburgh and have dinner in Edinburgh with fellow 
Galapagos enthusiasts, Galapagos experts and GCT staff.

The following day the group will travel to the remote coastal town of 
North Berwick, where we will visit Bass Rock, which at this time of year 
you are almost guaranteed to see all of your favourite seabirds feeding 
their young. We will lunch at the Scottish Seabird Centre and there will 
also be time to explore the area. Finally a tour of the Scottish Seabird 
Centre followed by a talk by the Chairman will be included in the 
weekend. Sunday evening will see dinner at Berwick's finest Marine Hotel 
with food by local producers, and after an exhilarating day you will 
spend the night here.

Tickets are £250 per person, or £200 without Edinburgh accommodation, or 
£285 single person supplement. For tickets, please contact Abigail on 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> or 020 7629 5049.

..Top <#top>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Galapagos Conservation Trust GOLD CLUB*
Bales Worldwide | Bernard Chandran | Celebrities Worldwide | Discovery 
Initiatives | Durley House | Eric Way | Flemings | Laurent Perrier | 
Nicholas Moll Design | Quasar Nautica | Rhubarb | Select Latin America | 
The Ultimate Travel Company

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe <http://www.gct.org/newsreq.html> | Forward this newsletter to 
a friend <http://www.gct.org/enews/eforward.html> | Change your email 
address <http://www.gct.org/enews/echange.html>

Would you prefer to receive a text-only version of this email newsletter?
Then please reply and write TEXT in the subject line of your email.

GCT is a registered charity (no. 1043470). Address: 5 Derby Street, 
London W1J 7AB, United Kingdom. If you have received this email in 
error, or wish to be removed from our list, please reply and write 
UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Home <http://www.gct.org/index.html> | About GCT 
<http://www.gct.org/about.html> | Explore Galapagos 
<http://www.gct.org/intro.html> | Conservation 
<http://www.gct.org/conserve.html> | Get Involved 
<http://www.gct.org/involved.html> | Newsroom 
<http://www.gct.org/news.html> | Events <http://www.gct.org/events.html> 
| Visiting Galapagos <http://www.gct.org/visit.html> | Junior Zone 
<http://www.gct.org/children.html> | Links 
<http://www.gct.org/links.html> | Site map 
<http://www.gct.org/sitemap.html>
Copyright © Galapagos Conservation Trust 2006. Read our Terms of use 
<http://www.gct.org/terms.html> and Privacy policy 
<http://www.gct.org/privacy.html>