Subject: UNSUBSCRIBE Charles Darwin's 200th Birthday

From: "John R. Reynolds" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:31:42 -0500

At 05:57 PM 12/20/2004, you wrote:
>Dear Dr. John Reynolds,
>
>As a fellow scientist, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th 
>birthday will occur on February 12th, 2009.  Our 'Darwin Day' project is a 
>nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration of 
>Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we move towards 
>2009.  Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of 
>scientific progress, and our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by 
>2009.  Currently, events are being registered on our Website for 2005.
>
>The purpose of this letter is to invite you to visit our website at 
>http://darwinday.org  --   and then to consider joining many others in 
>this constructive educational effort.  Our website offers extensive 
>information to assist you in developing ideas for a 'celebration' that is 
>suitable for your own unique circumstances.
>Supporters include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and 
>writers such as: Patrick Bateson, Provost, Kings College, Cambridge; 
>Edward O. Wilson, Harvard University; Richard Dawkins, Oxford University; 
>Daniel C. Dennett, Tufts University; Steven Pinker, MIT; Helena Cronin, 
>London School of Economics; Eugenie Scott, National Center for Science 
>Education; Steve Jones, Univ. College London; and many others. We 
>encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this 
>project.  To sign up quickly, register at 
>http://darwinday.org/register/index.php .
>
>
>Sincerely Yours,
>
>Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
>Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
>SRI International, formerly Stanford Research Institute.
>Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
>http://darwinday.org
>PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day 
>Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].

John R. Reynolds
Department of Chemistry
Center for Macromolecular Science and Engineering
Box 117200/Leigh Hall 318
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611

352-392-9151 (ph)
352-392-9741 (fax)
[email-masked]

http://www.chem.ufl.edu/~reynolds/