Subject: FW: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

From: "Warren, Stacey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:37:34 -0500

________________________________

From: R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:14 PM
To: Warren, Stacey
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                        Re: Darwin Day
Celebration 2006
                                                        Date: October
10, 2005 

Dear science educator:

As we move closer to Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12,
2009, more and more classrooms, universities, libraries, museums, public
and private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day
Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on February 12th!  If you
have not previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you
join in the fun and informal education.  Be sure to visit our website
www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  for extensive information
that will help you plan your Darwin Day EVENT.

To give your permission for us to keep you informed by a few emails each
year, please REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  On most email programs just CLICK
ON "REPLY" and CLICK ON "SEND".  Your permission will protect us from
any possible criticism about "spam", and every email from us will
include an easy way to Unsubscribe, like this message has at the bottom.

As a science educator you may be aware that recent studies by Dr. Jon
Miller at Northwestern University in Chicago has shown that only 20 to
25% of Americans are familiar with scientific concepts and terminology
and that most of the rest "don't have a clue."  In addition, Dr. Eugenie
Scott, Director of the National Center for Science Education states that
"We ignore public understanding of science at our peril." 

All of us who are science educators should recognize a significant
responsibility to contribute to the improvement of this national failure
by contributing some of our valuable time to the "informal" scientific
education of our youth and the general public.  An important way to
contribute is to have a local Darwin Day Celebration of Science and
Humanity at each of our institutions and invite the general public to
participate.

Our Website www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  contains
material to assist you in the development of an EVENT that you will be
proud of, at no cost to you.  So join with many others around the world
in the Celebration of our most reliable knowledge system: verifiable
scientific knowledge, so critical to our national future.

Sincerely yours, 

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program, 
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3
corporation.
http://www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> 

P.S.  If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply send an e-mail to
[email-masked], with a clear indication of which e-mail
address to avoid.  

You can also send regular mail, with your e-mail identified clearly, to
Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P,
Redwood City, CA  94063.

---

From: "Bryant, Douglas (CIO)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:22:26 -0400

Take me off this list!  

"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will
never be able to repay you." John Wooden

Douglas Ray Bryant

Chief Information Officer

Hazard Independent Schools

325 Broadway Street

Hazard, Kentucky 41701

Phone: 606.436.3911 Ext. 33

Cell: 606.438.0949

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

www.hazard.k12.ky.us <http://www.hazard.k12.ky.us>  

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential information that is legally privileged and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, disclosure,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

  _____  

From: R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 11:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                        Re: Darwin Day
Celebration 2006
                                                        Date: October 7,
2005 

Dear science educator:

As we move closer to Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009,
more and more classrooms, universities, libraries, museums, public and
private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration
of Science and Humanity each year on February 12th!  If you have not
previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you join in the
fun and informal education.  Be sure to visit our website www.DarwinDay.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/>  for extensive information that will help you
plan your Darwin Day EVENT.

To give your permission for us to keep you informed by a few emails each
year, please REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  On most email programs just CLICK ON
"REPLY" and CLICK ON "SEND".  Your permission will protect us from any
possible criticism about "spam", and every email from us will include an
easy way to Unsubscribe, like this message has at the bottom.  

As a science educator you may be aware that recent studies by Dr. Jon Miller
at Northwestern University in Chicago has shown that only 20 to 25% of
Americans are familiar with scientific concepts and terminology and that
most of the rest "don't have a clue."  In addition, Dr. Eugenie Scott,
Director of the National Center for Science Education states that "We ignore
public understanding of science at our peril." 

All of us who are science educators should recognize a significant
responsibility to contribute to the improvement of this national failure by
contributing some of our valuable time to the "informal" scientific
education of our youth and the general public.  An important way to
contribute is to have a local Darwin Day Celebration of Science and Humanity
at each of our institutions and invite the general public to participate.

Our Website www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  contains material
to assist you in the development of an EVENT that you will be proud of, at
no cost to you.  So join with many others around the world in the
Celebration of our most reliable knowledge system: verifiable scientific
knowledge, so critical to our national future.

Sincerely yours, 

P.S.  If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply send an e-mail to
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , with a clear
indication of which e-mail address to avoid.  

You can also send regular mail, with your e-mail identified clearly, to
Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood
City, CA  94063.

---

From: Kathy Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:40:07 -0400

I am not a science educator!  Please remove my e-mail address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:57 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                            Re: Darwin Day
Celebration 2006
                                                            Date: October
16, 2005 

Dear science educator: 

As we move closer to Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009,
more and more classrooms, universities, libraries, museums, public and
private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration
of Science and Humanity each year on February 12th!  If you have not
previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you join in the
fun and informal education.  Be sure to visit our website www.DarwinDay.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/>  for extensive information that will help you
plan your Darwin Day EVENT.  You can sign up there to become more informed
and involved if you wish.

Sincerely yours, 

President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible, 501(c)3
organization

---

From: "Keren Rash" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:22:15 -0700

Take me off your list! The Darwin theory has proven to be false by modern and scientific findings. Darwin himself renounced his beliefs upon his death. Unfortunately, the thread of humanism finds validation in the theory of evolution. Again, do not use my email for this junk mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                            Re: Darwin Day Celebration 2006
                                                            Date: October 18, 2005 

Dear science educator: 

As we move closer to Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009, more and more classrooms, universities, libraries, museums, public and private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on February 12th!  If you have not previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you join in the fun and informal education.  Be sure to visit our website www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  for extensive information that will help you plan your Darwin Day EVENT.  You can sign up there to become more informed and involved if you wish.

As a science educator you may be aware that recent studies by Dr. Jon Miller at Northwestern University in Chicago has shown that only 20 to 25% of Americans are familiar with scientific concepts and terminology and that most of the rest "don't have a clue."  In addition, Dr. Eugenie Scott, Director of the National Center for Science Education states that "We ignore public understanding of science at our peril." 

All of us who are science educators should recognize a significant responsibility to contribute to the improvement of this national failure by contributing some of our valuable time to the "informal" scientific education of our youth and the general public.  An important way to contribute is to have a local Darwin Day Celebration of Science and Humanity at each of our institutions and invite the general public to participate. 

Our Website www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  contains material to assist you in the development of an EVENT that you will be proud of, at no cost to you.  So join with many others around the world in the Celebration of our most reliable knowledge system: verifiable scientific knowledge, so critical to our national future. 

Sincerely yours, 

President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible, 501(c)3 organization

P.S.  If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply send an e-mail to [email-masked], with a clear indication of which e-mail address to avoid. 

You can also send regular mail, with your e-mail identified clearly, to Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City, CA  94063.

---

From: "Ruth Self" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:30:27 -0500

Unsubscribe me to your website please.

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.

---

From: "Larry Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:30:00 -0800

Expires After: 11/30/2005 00:00

Dear Dr. Stephens,
Over the last decade it has come to light that anthologists have been exposed
for not knowing a human ass from a monkey's ass. With the recent evidence from
other major scientist from many major universities, Darwin no long holds
anything but conjecture.
I will not participate in Darwin Day.
Please remove me from any future emails.
Thank you
Larry R. Roberts ED.M.

---

From: "Verno, Eric M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:35:43 -0500

If you would kindly remove me from your mailing list, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

~Eric Verno

6th Grade Teacher

Dallastown Area Middle School

From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 6:18 PM
To: Verno, Eric M.
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                            Re: Darwin
Day Celebration 2006
                                                            Date:
November 7, 2005 

Dear science educator: 

As we move closer to Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12,
2009, more and more classrooms, universities, libraries, museums, public
and private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day
Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on February 12th!  If you
have not previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you
join in the fun and informal education.  Be sure to visit our website
www.DarwinDay.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  for extensive information
that will help you plan your Darwin Day EVENT.  You can sign up there to
become more informed and involved if you wish.

Sincerely yours,

---

From: "Stan Cobb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 08:14:09 -0600

Do not contact me again.  Darwin's theories are not facts and should not
be taught as such.  Perhaps your ancestors were apes, but not mine!!
There is much more proof that God is real than in evolution.  I will
pray for you. 

Stan Cobb, Art Teacher
>>> "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]> 11/05/05 7:53
AM >>>
                                                            Re: Darwin 
Day Celebration 2006
                                                            Date: 
November 4, 2005

Dear science educator:

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph.D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program,
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible, 501(c)3 
organization
http://www.DarwinDay.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/><~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>P.S.  If you do
not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day 
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply send an e-mail to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, with a 
clear indication of which e-mail address to avoid.

---

From: Scott Parkhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:26:17 -0500

who cares....don't send me this stuff any more.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Darwin's 200th Birthday Celebration!

                                                            Re: Darwin Day
Celebration 2006
                                                            Date: November
1, 2005 

Dear science educator: 

Sincerely yours,