Subject: Re: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:47:15 -0600

Quoting "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>:

> Dear Professor,
>
> As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that
> Darwin's 200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin
> Day' project is a nonprofit organization designed to promote an
> International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or near,
> Feb. 12th as we approach 2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are
> being used as symbols of scientific progress. Our goal is to achieve a
> Global Celebration by 2009. Currently, celebrations for February 2006
> are being registered and publicized on our Website darwinday.org .
>
> We invite you to visit our Website at darwinday.org -- and then,
> consider joining many others in this constructive educational effort.
> Our Website offers several ways to participate and also contains
> extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin Day
> celebration that is suitable for your unique circumstances.
>
> Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists,
> educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost,
> Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard
> University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett
> (Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin
> (London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science
> Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others.
> We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in
> this project.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D.
> Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program
> SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
> President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corp.
> http://darwinday.org
>
> P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
> Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail
> at [email-masked], using the account you want
> unsubscribed. If using that account is not possible, send the
> information from another account, with a message giving your old e-mail
> address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually want our
> messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with
> your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration
> (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".
>
>

---

From: Jack DeHovitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:18:20 -0500

____________________________________
Jack A. DeHovitz, MD, MPH
Professor
Preventive Medicine/Medicine
SUNY-Downstate Medical Center

P: 718-270-1069
E: [email-masked]

www.hivcenter.org
__________________________________________________
The information transmitted is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

-----"Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]> wrote: -----

To: [email-masked]
From: "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11/25/2005 01:42AM
Subject: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

Dear Professor,

As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that Darwin's 200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is a nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we approach 2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of scientific progress. Our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by 2009. Currently, celebrations for February 2006 are being registered and publicized on our Website darwinday.org .

We invite you to visit our Website at darwinday.org -- and then, consider joining many others in this constructive educational effort. Our Website offers several ways to participate and also contains extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin Day celebration that is suitable for your unique circumstances.

Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others. We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this project.

Sincerely yours,

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked] , using the account you want unsubscribed. If using that account is not possible, send the information from another account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".

---

From: Leslie J Noecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:27:32 -0600

phone 402- 559-5407 fax 402-559-9004
[email-masked]

The information in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.

             "Dr.R.Stephens"                                               
             <rstephens@Darwin                                             
             DayCelebration.or                                          To 
             g>                        [email-masked]                   
                                                                        cc 
             11/28/05 08:10 AM                                             
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Darwin Day 2006 -- for the          
                                       Celebration of Science and          
                                       Humanity!                           

                                                                           

Dear Professor,

As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that Darwin's
200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is
a nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration
of Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we approach
2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of
scientific progress. Our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by 2009.
Currently, celebrations for February 2006 are being registered and
publicized on our Website darwinday.org .

We invite you to visit our Website at darwinday.org -- and then, consider
joining many others in this constructive educational effort. Our Website
offers several ways to participate and also contains extensive information
to assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin Day celebration that is
suitable for your unique circumstances.

Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, educators,
philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, Kings College,
Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University), Richard
Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University), Steven
Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of Economics),
Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science Education), Steve Jones
(University College, London), and many others. We encourage you to join
them and become an enthusiastic participant in this project.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3
corp.
http://darwinday.org

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at
[email-masked], using the account you want unsubscribed. If
using that account is not possible, send the information from another
account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail
where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped. You can
also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly
identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd,
Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".

---

From: "James E. Johnson/NBA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:39:46 -0500

Dr. Jim Johnson
Assoc. Prof., Dept. Neurobiology & Anatomy,
Program in Neuroscience
Director, Anatomical Bequethal Program
Director, ARCTC (Anatomical Resource Clinical Training Center)
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Medical Center Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1010
[email-masked] <blocked::mailto:[email-masked]> 
http://www.wfubmc.edu/nba/faculty/johnson/index.html
<blocked::http://www.wfubmc.edu/nba/faculty/johnson/index.html> 
voice (336)716-4532 
fax (336)716-4534

________________________________

From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 12:06 PM
To: James E. Johnson/NBA
Subject: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

Dear Professor, 

Sincerely yours, 

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail
at [email-masked], using the account you want unsubscribed.
If using that account is not possible, send the information from another
account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail
where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped. You can
also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly
identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield
Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".

---

From: "Jeanne C. Augello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:47:33 -0600

-----Original Message-----
  From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 5:27 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

  Dear Professor,

  As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that Darwin's
200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is
a nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration of
Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we approach 2009.
Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as symbols of scientific
progress. Our goal is to achieve a Global Celebration by 2009. Currently,
celebrations for February 2006 are being registered and publicized on our
Website darwinday.org .

  Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists,
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost,
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University),
Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University),
Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of
Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science Education), Steve
Jones (University College, London), and many others. We encourage you to
join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this project.

  Sincerely yours,

  P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at
[email-masked], using the account you want unsubscribed. If using
that account is not possible, send the information from another account,
with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can
verify that you actually want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe
by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day
Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA
94063, USA".

---

From: Mark Kamps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 06:22:15 -0800

Dear Dr. Stephens,

I think your Darwin Day effort is a waste of time.  Please do not send me
any more of your junk mail.

Best regards,

Mark P. Kamps, Ph.D.
Professor and Director
UCSD/Burnham Institute Graduate Program in Molecular Pathology
http://medicine.ucsd.edu/molpath/
Leichtag Building for Biomedical Research, Room 217
UCSD School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 0723
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA  92093-0723

Phone:  858-534-5326
Email:  [email-masked]

On 11/29/05 2:05 PM, "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> 200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project is a
> nonprofit organization designed to promote an International Celebration of
> offers several ways to participate and also contains extensive information to
> assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin Day celebration that is suitable
> for your unique circumstances.
> 
> Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University), Richard Dawkins
> (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University), Steven Pinker
> (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of Economics), Eugenie
> Scott (National Center for Science Education), Steve Jones (University
> College, London), and many others. We encourage you to join them and become an
> enthusiastic participant in this project.
> 
> Sincerely yours, 
> 
> P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration
> at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at
> that account is not possible, send the information from another account, with
> a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify
> that you actually want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by
> sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day
> Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063,
> USA". 
> 
>

---

From: Jean M Balsano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:23:31 -0600

please unsubscribe me as I am not a "Professor".....

Jean Balsano
Dermatology Section Administrator
University of Nebraska Medical Center
984360 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE  68198-4360

Phone:  (402) 559-4399
Fax:       (402) 559-4104

******************************************************************************
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or 
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is 
privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, or 
the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication to the 
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error and are 
prohibited from reading, printing, or disclosing any of the information 
contained in it.  If you have received this in error, please notify the 
sender immediately by telephone to arrange for return or destruction of 
these documents.

"Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]> 
11/25/2005 06:06 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

Dear Professor, 

As a fellow scientist and educator, you may already realize that Darwin's 
200th birthday will occur on February 12, 2009. Our 'Darwin Day' project 
is a nonprofit organization designed to promote an International 
Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or near, Feb. 12th as we 
approach 2009. Darwin and the theory of evolution are being used as 
symbols of scientific progress. Our goal is to achieve a Global 
Celebration by 2009. Currently, celebrations for February 2006 are being 
registered and publicized on our Website darwinday.org . 

Darwin Day supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, 
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, 
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard 
University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts 
University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London 
School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science 
Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others. We 
encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this 
project. 

Sincerely yours,

---

From: Terry Erler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:08:11 -0500

I am the Assistant Secretary to the Director of Educational 
Communications.  Please do not send me any more emails on this.  Have a 
Happy Holiday.

Terry

On Nov 22, 2005, at 3:24 PM, Dr.R.Stephens wrote:

> International Celebration of Science and Humanity each year on, or 
> near, Feb. 12th as we approach 2009. Darwin and the theory of 
> evolution are being used as symbols of scientific progress. Our goal 
> is to achieve a Global Celebration by 2009. Currently, celebrations 
> for February 2006 are being registered and publicized on our Website 
> darwinday.org .
>
> extensive information to assist you in developing ideas for a Darwin 
> Day celebration that is suitable for your unique circumstances.
>
> educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson 
> (Provost, Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson 
> (Harvard University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. 
> Dennett (Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena 
> Cronin (London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center 
> for Science Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and 
> many others. We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic 
> participant in this project.
>
>  Sincerely yours,
>
> Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this 
> e-mail at [email-masked], using the account you want 
> information from another account, with a message giving your old 
> e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually 
> want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by sending regular 
> mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration 
---------------------------------------------
Terry Erler
Secretary 1
Educational Communications/IMT
SUNY Upstate Medical University
750 E. Adams Street
Syracuse, NY   13210
USA
Tel.:  (315) 464-4860
Fax:  (315) 464-7905
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------

---

From: "Edward Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:34:04 -0500

unsubscribe please

From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tue 11/22/2005 11:20 AM
To: Edward Levine
Subject: Darwin Day 2006 -- for the Celebration of Science and Humanity!

Dear Professor, 

Sincerely yours, 

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked], using the account you want unsubscribed. If using that account is not possible, send the information from another account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped. You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA 94063, USA".