Subject: FW: Darwin Day 2006: a chance for science education

From: "Farrah Dowell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:12:18 -0500

I'm a Christian and not a Darwin fan. Please remove me from ALL distribution lists.
Thanks and God bless!

________________________________

From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Fri 12/16/2005 10:08 PM
To: Farrah Dowell
Subject: Darwin Day 2006: a chance for science education

Dear Professional Librarian,

As we approach Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009, more and more universities, libraries, museums, public and private groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration of Science and Humanity!  If you have not previously participated we hope that 2006 will be the year you join in the fun and informal education.  Currently events and activities are being registered on our website darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  for Darwin's 197th Birthday on February 12, 2006.  We invite you to join this festive informal educational activity by planning an interesting display featuring Darwin's life and scientific accomplishments or you may also wish to consider sponsoring an informal community educational event such as book review or lecture on Darwin, Science and Humanity, if you have appropriate facilities.

We also invite you to visit our website darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/>  both for information about other Darwin Day Festivities and also to register and advertise your own special display or other events there.  Our objective is to increase the number of events each year until we achieve a Global Celebration by 2009, with Darwin Day Celebrations taking place around the world.  Our website describes several ways to participate and also contains extensive information to assist you in developing ideas suitable for your own unique circumstances.   

 Darwin Day's supporters and advisors include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others.  We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this project. 

Sincerely yours, 

Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D. 
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program 
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute) 
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3 corp. 
DarwinDay.org <http://darwinday.org/>  

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked] , using the account you want unsubscribed.  If using that account is not possible, send the information from another account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped.  You can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA  94063, USA".

---

From: "Kathy Blackwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:13:41 -0600 (CST)

I am NOT a professional librarian -- REMOVE me from your list

---

From: Sally Loomis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:17:25 -0800

Quoting "Dr.R.Stephens" <[email-masked]>:

> As we approach Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009, 
> more and more universities, libraries, museums, public and private 
> groups are joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration of 
> Science and Humanity!  If you have not previously participated we 
> hope that 2006 will be the year you join in the fun and informal 
> education.  Currently events and activities are being registered on 
> our website darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org/> for Darwin's 
> 197th Birthday on February 12, 2006.  We invite you to join this 
> festive informal educational activity by planning an interesting 
> display featuring Darwin's life and scientific accomplishments or you 
> may also wish to consider sponsoring an informal community 
> educational event such as book review or lecture on Darwin, Science 
> and Humanity, if you have appropriate facilities.
>
> We also invite you to visit our website darwinday.org 
> <http://www.darwinday.org/> both for information about other Darwin 
> Day Festivities and also to register and advertise your own special 
> display or other events there.  Our objective is to increase the 
> number of events each year until we achieve a Global Celebration by 
> 2009, with Darwin Day Celebrations taking place around the world.  
> Our website describes several ways to participate and also contains 
> extensive information to assist you in developing ideas suitable for 
> your own unique circumstances.   Darwin Day's supporters and advisors 
> include prominent scientists, educators, philosophers, and writers 
> such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost, Kings College, Cambridge 
> University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard University), Richard Dawkins 
> (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts University), Steven 
> Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London School of 
> Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science Education), 
> Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others. We 
> encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in 
> this project.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day 
> Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this 
> e-mail at [email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]> , using the account you want 
> unsubscribed.  If using that account is not possible, send the 
> information from another account, with a message giving your old 
> e-mail address, and the e-mail where we can verify that you actually 
> want our messages stopped.  You can also unsubscribe by sending 
> regular mail, with your e-mail clearly identified, to "Darwin Day 
> Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City 
> CA  94063, USA".
>
>
>
>

---

From: Ralph J Boe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 20:51:56 -0600

Please take me off of your mailing list.  I have no desire to participate
in celebrating a "theory."

                      "Dr.R.Stephens"                                                                                                          
                      <rstephens@DarwinDayCeleb        To:       [email-masked]                                                                   
                      ration.org>                      cc:                                                                                     
                                                       Subject:  Darwin Day 2006: a chance for science education                               
                      12/28/2005 02:00 AM                                                                                                      

As we approach Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009, more
and more universities, libraries, museums, public and private groups are
joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration of Science and
Humanity!  If you have not previously participated we hope that 2006 will
be the year you join in the fun and informal education.  Currently events
and activities are being registered on our website darwinday.org for
Darwin's 197th Birthday on February 12, 2006.  We invite you to join this
festive informal educational activity by planning an interesting display
featuring Darwin's life and scientific accomplishments or you may also wish
to consider sponsoring an informal community educational event such as book
review or lecture on Darwin, Science and Humanity, if you have appropriate
facilities.

We also invite you to visit our website darwinday.org both for information
about other Darwin Day Festivities and also to register and advertise your
own special display or other events there.  Our objective is to increase
the number of events each year until we achieve a Global Celebration by
2009, with Darwin Day Celebrations taking place around the world.  Our
website describes several ways to participate and also contains extensive
information to assist you in developing ideas suitable for your own unique
circumstances.

 Darwin Day's supporters and advisors include prominent scientists,
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost,
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard
University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett (Tufts
University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin (London
School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science
Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others.  We
encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in this
project.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. ("Bob") Stephens, Ph. D.
Emeritus Director, Cell Biology Program
SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)
President, Darwin Day Celebration, a nonprofit, tax-deductible 501(c)3
corp.
DarwinDay.org

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail at
[email-masked] , using the account you want unsubscribed.  If
using that account is not possible, send the information from another
account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail
where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped.  You can
also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly
identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield Rd,
Ste. P, Redwood City CA  94063, USA".

---

From: "Ed Welch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:37:14 -0500

Dr. Stephens,
 
Please remove my name from your list and consider including (if you
haven't already) Mr. James Haller, our College Librarian. His e-mail is
[email-masked]. Thank you.
 
Ed Welch, Director of Public Information
Spartanburg Methodist College
1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg, SC  29301-5899 

From: Dr.R.Stephens [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 8:01 AM
To: Ed Welch
Subject: Darwin Day 2006: a chance for science education

As we approach Darwin's bicentennial birthday on February 12, 2009, more
and more universities, libraries, museums, public and private groups are
joining the annual international Darwin Day Celebration of Science and
Humanity!  If you have not previously participated we hope that 2006
will be the year you join in the fun and informal education.  Currently
events and activities are being registered on our website darwinday.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/>  for Darwin's 197th Birthday on February 12,
2006.  We invite you to join this festive informal educational activity
by planning an interesting display featuring Darwin's life and
scientific accomplishments or you may also wish to consider sponsoring
an informal community educational event such as book review or lecture
on Darwin, Science and Humanity, if you have appropriate facilities.

We also invite you to visit our website darwinday.org
<http://www.darwinday.org/>  both for information about other Darwin Day
Festivities and also to register and advertise your own special display
or other events there.  Our objective is to increase the number of
events each year until we achieve a Global Celebration by 2009, with
Darwin Day Celebrations taking place around the world.  Our website
describes several ways to participate and also contains extensive
information to assist you in developing ideas suitable for your own
unique circumstances.   

 Darwin Day's supporters and advisors include prominent scientists,
educators, philosophers, and writers such as: Patrick Bateson (Provost,
Kings College, Cambridge University), Edward O. Wilson (Harvard
University), Richard Dawkins (Oxford University), Daniel C. Dennett
(Tufts University), Steven Pinker (Harvard University), Helena Cronin
(London School of Economics), Eugenie Scott (National Center for Science
Education), Steve Jones (University College, London), and many others.
We encourage you to join them and become an enthusiastic participant in
this project. 

Sincerely yours, 

P.S. If you do not want to receive further e-mail from Darwin Day
Celebration at your current e-mail address, simply reply to this e-mail
at [email-masked] , using the account you want unsubscribed.
If using that account is not possible, send the information from another
account, with a message giving your old e-mail address, and the e-mail
where we can verify that you actually want our messages stopped.  You
can also unsubscribe by sending regular mail, with your e-mail clearly
identified, to "Darwin Day Celebration (Unsubscribe), 2682 Middlefield
Rd, Ste. P, Redwood City CA  94063, USA".

---

From: Sherry Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:31:48 -0500 (EST)

-- 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Sherry Williams
 University of Tennessee
 Hodges Library
 306G Technical Services Dept.
 1015 Volunteer Blvd.
 Knoxville, Tn  37996-1000
 Phone (865) 974-9009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~