Subject: [Fwd: Darwin's 200th Birthday.]

From: "David C. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:41:45 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Darwin's 200th Birthday.
Date: 	Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:33:48 EST
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Dear Dr. So and So:

As you may already realize, Darwin's 200th birthday and the 150
anniversary of the publication of his famous book _On The Origin of
Species_ will occur in 2009. His birthday is on February 12th and the
publication date for Origins of Species is on November 4th. Our goal
is to Celebrate the achievements of _Science and Humanity_* *each
year on February 12th and to increase the size of the Celebration each
year towards a "Global Celebration" in 2009 by asking important
scientists like yourself to consider putting on an EVENT for this
purpose. Before making a decision please visit our new Website at
-- darwinday.org -- for additional information.

Supporters of this effort include the following: Patrick Bateson,
Provost, Kings College, Cambridge: Edward O. Wilson, Harvard University;
Richard Dawkins, Oxford University; Daniel C. Dennett, Tufts University;
Steven Pinker, MIT; Helena Cronin, London School of Economics; Steve
Jones, Univ. College London; and many others. PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING A
PART OF IT.

We would appreciate it if you would register with us to receive future
brief communications by going Here. Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely Yours;

Robert J. Stephens Ph. D.
Emeritus; Director of Cell Biology,
SRI International and,
Chairman of the Board,
Darwin Day Nonprofit Corp.
www.darwinday.org <http://www.darwinday.org>

-- 
  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  [email-masked]
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  [email-masked]
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827