Subject: Ken Blackwell's Week

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:39:05 -0500

Dear David,

Last week wasn't the best for Kenneth Blackwell.

Ted Strickland and his campaign have made sure that he has a
mountain to climb to win a promotion to governor.

Jennifer Brunner's campaign is doing better than ever, thanks to
your help. We beat our goal by more than four thousand dollars --
raising $24,256 for her campaign.

And last Thursday, Chad McVeigh and other College Democrats in
Ohio delivered our VOTES Declaration to Secretary of State
Blackwell's office as a challenge: to fix Ohio's system or get
out of the way for people who can.

We delivered that message to his office to make sure the people
of Ohio had their voices heard. You can read the account of the
trip -- and send it on to your friends:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/DeclarationDelivery

This delivery is not the end of our work to protect the right to
vote -- it is just the start.

A little more than a month ago our community began circulating
the VOTES Declaration through our website: www.heartlandpac.org.
Since then it has garnered attention from concerned citizens --
over 10,000 in all.

Reading through your comments on the Declaration, it is clear
this issue strikes a nerve. Many made strong statements about how
voting is a right and not a privilege. Francille, a resident of
Cuyahoga County, Ohio, put it best: "this should not be
necessary, but unfortunately it is."

The right to vote doesn't seem important to Kenneth Blackwell and
many other election officials across the country. That is why we
are making sure your signature is delivered to every statewide
election official in the country -- and asking our whole
community to support candidates for secretary of state.

Please take a moment to tell your friends and neighbors about
these races and how important it is to help these candidates win
in November:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/page/invite/SoSCandidates

Thank you for taking the time to support this effort. Your work
is already making a real impact on races that are ignored until
it is too late.

Our community has stepped up to help our endorsed Secretaries of
State: Jennifer Brunner, Ohio; Mike Mauro, Iowa; Ross Miller,
Nevada; and Ken Gordon, Colorado. Each campaign reports seeing a
difference since we began our effort to bring attention to these
races.

Down-ballot races struggle to gain visibility and resources.
Working together we are changing the dynamic. Anything we can do
will make a difference on Election Day for these campaigns -- and
that is why we can't stop now.

I know that many of you have already done what you can, but
please tell your friends and neighbors about these important
races, and see if they can help:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/page/invite/SoSCandidates

I have enjoyed working with everyone on this project. When we
started, I was determined to build a community that could stand
up and make a difference -- and it is.

Let's keep the drumbeat going.  Nothing is more fundamental than
the right to vote.  Working together we can elect candidates who
will work to restore confidence in this most basic right.  We can
make a difference in November and for years to come.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

PS:  Stay tuned.  More hand deliveries are being planned.

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.