Subject: We're Off and Running

From: Yes on Measure A <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:17:55 -0700

Friends,

Have you seen our full page ad in today's Mercury News?  If not, be  
sure to pick up a copy.

With absentee ballots going out today, the Measure A campaign is  
heating up.  You can expect to see ads in all the local newspapers,  
signs on the sides of buses, mailers and much more.

There are a number of ways you can help ensure a huge victory for the  
environment on November 7.  To get involved, please contact  Brooke  
Anderson at [email-masked] or 408-947-7526.  Here are  
several ways you can help out:

1) Walk your precinct and leave Yes on Measure A literature on  
doorsteps.

2) Help us call our volunteers to encourage their involvement.  We  
will be having phone banks tonight and Thursday night this week.

3) Make a donation to Yes on Measure A by visiting http:// 
www.openspace2006.org/donate.htm or by mailing a contribution to:  
PLAN; 48 South 7th Street; San Jose, CA 95112.

4) Send an email to your friends encouraging them to vote Yes on  
Measure A.  Your message might look something like this:

Dear Friends,

Please join me in voting Yes on Measure A.

Measure A -- the Santa Clara County Land Conservation Initiative --  
will help protect our hillsides, watersheds, wildlife habitats and  
working farms from being lost forever to large-scale development.  It  
will preserve a healthy balance between urban areas and the quiet  
beauty of rural environments.  Under Measure A, only voters could  
eliminate or reduce basic safeguards against too much growth.

Measure A is endorsed by every major environmental organization, as  
well as the League of Women Voters, the Council of Churches, the  
County Medical Association, the Democratic Party, Republicans for  
Environmental Protection, the South Bay Labor Council, the Silicon  
Valley Leadership Group (representing more than 200 businesses) and  
many others.  Measure A also enjoys the support of more than 100  
elected officials.

Please visit www.YesOnMeasureA.net to learn more about this important  
initiative, and please forward this message to everyone you know.

Sincerely,
(your name)

Many thanks for your support.  Your help is much appreciated!

-Peter

-----------------------------------
Peter Drekmeier
Campaign Coordinator
Yes on Measure A
People for Land and Nature (PLAN)
48 So. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(650) 223-3306

[email-masked]
http://www.OpenSpace2006.org