Subject: Cleaning Up Ohio’s Elections

From: "Jennifer Brunner, Democrat for Ohio Secretary of State" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:50:00 -0500

Dear DavidFriend,

I started this campaign for secretary of state because I believe
Ohio deserves an election system that is honest, open and fair. 
I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from the
Heartland Pac community.

http://www.heartlandpac.org/brunnerinvite

In every community in Ohio and around the country, it is time for
a concerted effort to make our election standards verifiable,
objective, tough, equal, and secure. I signed the VOTES
Declaration because I know firsthand -- thanks to the election
chaos that Ken Blackwell and Ohio Republicans caused in 2004 --
how much work we have to do to restore faith in our elections.

http://www.heartlandpac.org/VOTES

To begin this process in Ohio and to renew faith in our
democratic process, I developed a four-point plan that serves as
the heart of my agenda for Ohio Secretary of State. I pledge to:

* Administer all elections in a fair, open and honest manner with
a process that can be audited and verified.
* Ensure equal distribution of voting machines, and enforce laws
against voter intimidation and fraud.
* Honor the role of Secretary of State, and not use the office or
title to campaign for issues or candidates.
* Promote an informed electorate through innovative and
interactive voter education techniques.

I know from the surge of support from this community that you
share these principles. That's why I ask you, even as I thank
you, for one more commitment. Follow this link, and pass the word
to your friends and colleagues that we are determined to repair
Ohio elections so you can count on them in 2008:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/brunnerinvite

I thank you, from my heart, whether you gave $300 or three
cents, because when it comes to ensuring fair and reliable
elections -- elections we used to consider an Ohio and an American
birthright -- no one can ever put a price tag on that.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Brunner

Democrat for Ohio Secretary of State

P.S. Thank you for all you have done.  Every donation makes an
important impact on our campaign.  Please, if you have not
already made a contribution, take a moment to do so:

http://www.jenniferbrunner.com/contribute.asp

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.