Subject: Fair Elections Matter

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:32:55 -0400

Dear David,

This community has done a great service by demanding open, honest
and fair elections while drawing attention to the importance of
electing secretary of state candidates who will support and
implement the principles of the VOTES Declaration.

We worked with College Democrats in Florida and Ohio, as they
stood up and delivered the signatures and comments in their
states to the doorsteps of Ken Blackwell and Sue Cobb -- and the
media noticed.

And yesterday was another hand delivery -- this time in Denver, 
thanks to our endorsed candidate Ken Gordon.  He led a group 
of citizens who made a hand delivery of the VOTES Declaration 
this morning to Secretary of State Gigi Dennis' office.

Ken wrote a blog post describing it -- and you can read about it
in his own words:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/7/19/183919/992

Ken Gordon has challenged us all to keep reminding the world that
fair elections matter.

As the election nears, Heartland PAC will endorse other
candidates for statewide office. But even as we do, let's join
together and not forget the importance of electing secretaries of
state -- twenty-two of them who also serve as chief election
officers in their state. They are the guardians of one of the
most fundamental principles of our democracy -- voting is a right
not a privilege.

Thank you for all your support.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

P.S.: If you can, thank Ken Gordon for his support and his work
yesterday by supporting his campaign:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/kengordon

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.