Subject: Swing Nevada in 2006

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:17:47 -0400

Dear David,

In 2004, the election results in Nevada didn't turn out as
we'd hoped. Despite the hard work of thousands of dedicated
Democrats, the state didn't "swing" in our direction.

We can't let it happen again in 2006.

That's why I'm proud to endorse Dina Titus for governor. I'm
doing everything I can to win Nevada, and I hope you will
too:

https://www.dinatitus.com/contribute/contribute.php

For nearly two decades, Dina has fought for Nevada's working
families in the State Senate. Serving as the Democratic
Minority Leader since 1992, she's passed legislation that
lowers drug costs for seniors, protects children from sex
offenders, and saves the environment from toxic pollution
and sprawl.

Dina has also devoted her life to education. A political
science professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas,
for nearly 30 years, she's seen first-hand the problems that
the higher education system faces -- and she's ready to
tackle them head-on.

Now let me tell you a little about her opponent: Republican
Congressman Jim Gibbons.

Gibbons is as staunch a supporter of President Bush's failed
leadership as they come. At Bush's second inauguration,
Gibbons said:

"President Bush is not afraid to tackle the tough issues,
such as improving our education system for our children and
modernizing Social Security for American workers. President
Bush knows the welfare of future generations is dependent
upon our actions today. Similarly, President Bush remains
resolute in his commitment to fighting our war on terror.
During these challenging times, our nation needs a strong
leader who will fight for liberty and freedom and work to
ensure the personal and economic security of all Americans.
I am proud to be witness to President Bush's second
inauguration and look forward to working with him for a
better Nevada and a better America."

Don't let Jim Gibbons bring President Bush's policies to
Nevada. Please contribute to the Dina Titus campaign today:

https://www.dinatitus.com/contribute/contribute.php

Right now the governor's race in Nevada is a toss-up. Every
donation Dina receives can make a big difference in this
election.

So many red states are trending blue this year that we have
historic opportunities.

Believe me -- Democrats can win in so-called "red" states.
When I was elected, I was the first Democratic governor of
Iowa in over 30 years.

My colleagues Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas and
Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana are evidence of the
good work that can be done when voters look beyond party
lines and Democrats are given the opportunity to lead.

Help give that opportunity to Dina Titus.

Best, 

Tom

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.