Subject: [Fwd: Seeking Websites-History Channel: Digging For The Truth]

From: Info Person <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:19:05 +0000

Bob,

I got this 6 weeks ago, viewed their site and decided that they seemed 
to be very commercial.  So I held off pursuing it.  But I also watched 
some 4-5 of their programs, and they do run around the world searching 
for evidence of various things (Stonehenge culture, the Ark of the 
Covenant, American Indian culture before Columbus, Eric the Red and 
other Norsemen who probably came to America 500 years before Columbus, 
etc.).  They do show the joy of directly seeing and discovering and 
thinking about tests for ideas.

I could see them doing a program about Darwin:  "what made a candidate 
for the Anglican clergy almost stumble into a 5 year voyage of discovery 
on a tiny naval vessel?  How do we know so EXACTLY where he went [lesson 
on longitude determination by 20 clocks]?  Why did three so-called 
"heathen" really take on British manners and visit England, only to give 
up on the civilization they had experienced?  What amazing geology, 
flora and fauna (both fossilized and living) compelled the young 
naturalist to give up his training in "Natural Theology" (predecessor to 
today's Intelligent Design arguments) as the evidence right before his 
eyes shook h is faith to its roots.  What forced his mind to consider 
and then develop a naturalistic recipe for how all living things could 
have evolved from a single living thing: "Natural Selection".  How did 
his fear of social rejection and wish to have overwhelming evidence 
cause him to almost get "scooped" on discovering the central principle 
of life on our planet?"

I'm also copying this to Ben, who was interested in having a 
documentary/drama film about Darwin created.

   - David

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Seeking Websites-History Channel: Digging For The Truth
Date: 	Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:57:52 -0500
From: 	Terry Goldman <[email-masked]>

We're pleased to be working on the next great adventure for THE HISTORY
CHANNEL- */Digging for the Truth- Hosted by Josh Bernstein/*!

Check out our assets page to get all the goodies to share with your
readers: http://www.electricartists.com/assets/digging/index.php

*_Opportunities:_*
1) Contests: I'm also looking for websites to do some creative contests.
As you will notice with the asset page, many of the assets are presented
in an Indiana Jones stylish comic book fashion. Ideas such as a
scavenger hunt on your site, use the comic text bubble on our asset to
do a Caption Contest, or any other idea you can come up with!

2) Reviews: A press kit will be sent upon request
**
3) Interviews: Interview Josh (via email questions)

4) Assets: See our asset page

Please email me if you are interested in working with us on this
program.  Also be sure to check out all the other great projects we're
working on: _http://eaterry.blogspot.com/_

*_Please include the following in your reply :_*
Name:
Web site:
Monthly Uniques:
Mailing Address (no po box):
Opportunities of interest:

*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*
**ABOUT THE PROGRAM**
*Digging For The Truth:* Think CSI meets archaeology.  Indiana
Jones…watch out!  In this new exciting series filmed in HDTV, host,
explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the
world’s greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history
as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically
challenging locations in the world. There will also be a National
Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes kicking off during week 3.

*_Some Upcoming Episodes Include:_*

*DIGGING FOR THE TRUTH: WHO BUILT EGYPT’S PYRAMIDS?*

*Digging for the Truth – NEFERTITI: THE MUMMY RETURNS *

*Digging for the Truth – pompeii: secrets revealed*

*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*

*Terry Goldman*
/Senior Account Executive/ 	*ElectricArtists*
230 West 41st St Suite 1100
New York, NY 10036
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=230+West+41st+St+Suite+1100&csz=New+York%2C+NY+10036&country=us> 

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
IM: EA NY TERRY
http://eaterry.blogspot.com/ 	
tel: 	212-354-2650 x45

/Add me to your address book.../
<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=25770481032&v0=1345420&k0=906983905>
/Want a signature like this?/ <http://www.plaxo.com/signature>