Subject: CIO Insider: Is Your IT Department Ready For Anything?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:43:46 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

March 9, 2006

Are You Ready to Recover from Any Disaster?

MIT logistics expert Yossi Sheffi on how CIOs can build
a plan for keeping IT up and running when the
unthinkable strikes.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10624&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

For a more in-depth look, read an excerpt from his
recent book, "The Resilient Enterprise."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10625&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Navigating the Patent Minefield
2. What Good Is an Unsellable Innovation?
3. Podcast: The Best Way to Build a Great Staff

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Redsprite

How to get back to what you do best and drive sustained growth
 
Is your IT organization helping you compete and win in today's
intensely challenging business environment?  More and more, the
big winners in the global, digital economy succeed through
leveraging IT strategies, tools and resources to achieve
sustainable, breakthrough results.
 
If you need to focus more on what your organization does best,
rather than wrestle with IT issues, the white paper Transforming
Your Enterprise for Sustained Market Leadership, is a "must read"
document.
 
To receive this free white paper, please take a moment to answer
a survey of IT executives: 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10844&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Navigating the Patent Minefield
In his blog Tech LinkLetter, Chris Lindquist writes that
many companies are now going after end-users for using
products that infringe on patents. Do you become a
veritable patent lawyer or hide under your desk?
Chris proffers ways to learn more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10842&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

2. What Good Is an Unsellable Innovation?
The historic disconnect between IT and marketing may be
sapping any of the benefits you get from throwing money
at innovation. Elana Varon, in her blog Practical
Innovation, looks at what successful companies are doing.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10843&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Fortify

Isn't it time security was a built-in software feature?  

Companies pay a price for security breaches. Find out how
you can protect against threats posed by security flaws in
business-critical software applications. 

Register to watch this webcast today.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10846&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Podcast: The Best Way to Build a Great Staff
Does it really help you to vote people off your IT island?
Isn't there a better way to build a staff of top performers?
In fact, there is. John Baldoni provides another quick
management podcast for the CIO on the go.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8882&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Services from CIO.com-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

CIO Executive Council

Viejas Enterprises opens its doors to CIOs for a special event.

Part of a fast-growing $20 billion industry, Viejas
Enterprises' casino opens its doors to qualified CIOs
on March 10 in Alpine, CA.  As a guest of Viejas' CIO,
you will experience a behind-the-scenes look at mission
critical systems that run the casino floor. Tour the
security infrastructure (no cameras allowed), and hear
from the CIO, CFO and CSO on high-availability systems,
real-time transaction processing, information and physical
security operations including digital fingerprinting and
biometric face recognition.

To request more information on this event, please visit: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10425&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=54463322&s=3&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **