Subject: [Peninsula_Interweave] Moral Beacon Day - RFP - October 14

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:37:45 EDT

There is a growing energy throughout the PCD right now that seems to be about 
incarnating our faith into social justice work.  Some are working on the 
political front, and some are concerned with the environment; some are attending 
to peace efforts, some are working to end racism and classism, and others are 
caring for the least fortunate among us.
 
The PCD would like to support this work by giving it a platform, and by 
helping to network our congregations, so we are dedicating this year's Leadership 
Development Day to this cause, and are calling it Moral Beacon Day.  Perhaps 
you, or someone you know, might be interested in presenting a workshop, on 
October 14, at the UU Society of Sacramento.
 
Moral Beacon Day workshops will have 1-1/2 hours in the morning, then pick up 
again after lunch for another 3 hours.  We have a preference for workshops 
that will fill the entire time, allowing time for both teaching/presenting, and 
then for taking action on those learnings.  But we will also consider 
proposals for 1-1/2 slots...as long as we get enough of them to patch together into 
one cohesive day.
 
I hope you are interested in this and, if you are, will be able to send us 
your proposal in the next two weeks (sadly, we are already running behind on 
this).  Please feel free to forward this RFP to others who might also be 
interested.

Best Regards,
Cilla

Cilla Raughley ~)<
District Executive, Pacific Central District
[email-masked]   [email-masked]
Subscribe to our electronic newsletter now!  Click on
the "Subscribe to PCD Currents" button on our 
home page:  www.pcd-uua.org
All of our services, including this email, are supported by your 
fair share donations to the PCD and UUA. Thank you!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]