Subject: Re: David I need some information

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 00:49:44 +0000

Hi Cathy!

Good to hear from you.

I take along a laptop that has a telephone jack (take along a phone wire 
at least 6 feet long with modular connectors on both ends) and inside 
the laptop is a modem that does 56K speed.  In the corner of Charlie and 
Emma's house, under the cuckoo clock at their house, is a several-into-1 
phone splitter that lets the answering machine, a phone, and the 
laptop's modem all share the single outgoing/incoming phone line.

My Earthlink ISP mainly sells me (for $40 a month) a DSL connection at 
Palo Alto, but they do also give me 20 hours of connection through the 
modem to their phone numbers and the Internet, when I'm away from home.

I hope you're totally successful getting hooked up.  This same method of 
connecting through a telephone line works basically everywhere there is 
a land line telephone.  Cell phones may not work very well, due to their 
noisy connections.

In the future I hope to search for a Wi-Fi connection down in Palm 
Desert.  If there is one  near their home that is available for public 
sharing, it would only take a little $20 WiFi card in the laptop's card 
slot.

And I am SO glad that you and Eric are getting connected to the world's 
consciousness sharing system.  Teilard Chardin's "gnoosphere" and all that.

   - David

CATHLEEN HARRIS wrote:
> Good Morning David, 
>  
> I will be spending some time visiting the folks and need to connect to 
> the internet.  Do they automaticly have internet into their home.  I 
> know you connect so how can I?
>  
> Thanks a bunch,
>  
> Cathy
> 
> Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail 
> <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2743??PS=47575>