Subject: Historic Opportunity

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:19:14 -0400

Dear David,

With Election Day just 68 days away, I am focused on
one thing - electing Democrats to keep Iowa moving forward.

On November 7th, we have an historic opportunity to win the
gubernatorial race and gain Democratic majorities in the
State House and Senate this year.  And as the first
Democratic governor in over 30 years, I am committed to
doing whatever it takes to help Democrats win.

Today, we're launching a new organization and a website
specifically for Iowa:

http://www.heartlandpaciowa.org

We are blessed with a tremendous nominee for governor, Chet
Culver. I'm committed to doing everything I can to support
him.  Heartland PAC has already given $100,000 to his
campaign and we will be doing everything we can over the
days ahead.

In addition to Chet Culver, we are highlighting Mike Mauro
for Secretary of State and Denise O'Brien for Secretary of
Agriculture to help bring attention to these races that are
often overlooked in the media. Together, we can make a real
impact by bringing more attention and support to their
campaigns.

The Iowa site will feature blogging about the races in Iowa
from me, Christie, and guests - helping to make sure our
message gets out and providing a place to interact with
other progressive blogs in Iowa.

Please take a look at the site and our candidates and see
what you can do to help their campaigns:

http://www.heartlandpaciowa.org

In 2004, we came close to taking control of the Iowa
legislature. I am determined to finish the job in 2006 and
give Chet Culver what I never had: a Democratic legislature.

We have an aggressive plan to support 100 legislative
candidates who will protect job gains, provide affordable
health care, and continue to provide quality education to
all of Iowa's citizens. These candidates are highlighted on
our website, and we have used ActBlue to allow you to easily
contribute to their campaigns online even if they don't have
a website.

This is only the first of many ways we hope to assist these
campaigns through the Heartland PAC Iowa website. Take a
minute and visit the site, and be part of our effort to win
a historic Democratic victory in Iowa:

http://www.heartlandpaciowa.org

Thank you for all your help and support.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.