Subject: Don't Miss day one of LinuxWorld San Francisco.

From: "LinuxWorld Conference & Expo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:35:43 -0700

The expo and main conference program for LinuxWorld San Francisco
Conference & Expo will kick off tomorrow, Tuesday, August 9th at
the Moscone Center West. This your chance to join executives
from top companies, thought leaders and luminaries in the Linux
and Open Source community along with over 200 organizations at
the forefront of cutting edge technology. Below are just some of
the highlights of opening day. For a full schedule go to
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A

This is the event on Linux and Open Source you can't afford to
miss. We look forward to seeing you! 

EVENT FACTS:
===============
LinuxWorld Conference & Expo
The Moscone Center West, San Francisco, CA
Expo: August 9 – 11, 2005

TUESDAY KEYNOTES: 
==================
This year's line up features thought provoking presentations
including:
- 9:15 – 10:00 So Linux is in the Enterprise. What's Next?,
Charles Phillips, President, Oracle Corporation

- 11:45 – 12:30 Open Source and the Commodization of Commercial
Software, Martin Fink, Vice President Linux, HP

- 2:45 – 3:30 The Explosive Growth of Linux and Open Source:
What does it all mean?, Stuart Cohen, CEO, OSDL, Keynote panel
moderator

For more details visit
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A/keynotes

GOOGLE VS. MICROSOFT IN THE GOLDEN PENGUIN BOWL
=================================================
It's a battle of wits when the Nerds take on the Geeks in this
always irreverent trivia game. This years Golden Penguin Bowl is
not to be missed. Hosted by Jeremy Allison, Google takes on
Microsoft in the ultimate face-off. Don't Miss it – 4:30 – 5:30.

TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE:
=======================
The Technology Showcase is open to all attendees. Located near
the conference sessions, the Technology showcase is your
opportunity to hear from industry experts on a variety of
challenges currently facing the Linux community. Tuesday's
schedule includes:

- 12:45 PM - 1:30 PM The New Faces of Open Source Services

- 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM  Lower Your Service and Support Costs with
the Linux Standard Base

- 3:30 PM - 4:15 PM  Email: The Killer App for Linux

For more details on the Technology Showcase please go to
http://linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A/conference/CC950618

BIRDS-OF-A-FEATHER MEETINGS: 
=============================
Open to all registered attendees, BOF's are casual, informal
discussions where you can network, exchange ideas and hear about
the latest in the Linux Community directly from those that are
making it happen. Tuesday Meetings start at 5:30 p.m. and
include:

- X.org
- Linux Virtualization
- Linux Hotplug BOF
- SNORT User Group
- Mozilla

For details on all the Birds-of-a-Feather meetings go to
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A/conference/special

LINUXWORLD BLOG
=================
Want to know what we think are the latest and greatest
companies, technologies and news items? Be sure to visit our
newly launched blog for behind the scenes insight and commentary
on the world of Linux and Open Source and all the latest news
from LinuxWorld. 
http://weblog.infoworld.com/linuxworldexpo/

LINUXWORLD CONNEX
====================
Be sure to stop by LinuxWorld Connex - the intelligent agent
that finds the knowledge, people, to make the most out of your
LinuxWorld experience. For more information go to
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A/SN704106/CC988082

THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS:
=====================================
Platinum Sponsors:
Computer Associates, http://www.ca.com
HP, http://www.hp.com
IBM, http://www.ibm.com
Novell, http://www.novell.com
Oracle, http://www.oracle.com
SAP, http://www.sap.com
Sun, http://www.sun.com

Media Sponsors:
CRN, http://www.crn.com
InfoWorld, http://www.infoworld.com
Linux Journal, http://www.linuxjournal.com
Linux Magazine, http://www.linux-mag.com
LinuxQuestions.org, http://www.linuxquestions.org
LinuxWorld Magazine, http://www.linuxworld.com
LinuxWorld.com, http://www.linuxworld.com
Open Source Technology Group, http://www.ostg.com
Network Computing, http://www.networkcomputing.com
NetworkWorld, http://www.networkworld.com
Tabor Communications, http://www.taborcommunications.com
TUX, http://www.tuxmagazine.com
VAR Business, http://www.varbusiness.com

International Media Sponsor:
Linux Pro Magazine, http://www.linuxpromagazine.com

Certification Sponsor:
Linux Professional Institute: http://www.lpi.org

We look forward to seeing you in August,
LinuxWorld Conference & Expo Show Management Team

(PLEASE NOTE: This offer is valid for new registrations only.
This offer may not be redeemed for cash or used in conjunction
with any other offer. All registrations are non-refundable and
non-transferable. No one under 12 years of age will be permitted
on the expo floor. Registrants between 12 and 16 years of age
MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must 
also be registered.)

This message was intended for [email-masked]
We want to provide you with the most relevant information.

Click below to do the following:
* Change your email preferences
* Update your information
* Opt-out from our email programs

http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=wjvfou&action=update&eemail=[email-masked]
IDG Word Expo, 3 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701
800-657-1474

----Powered by Vertex Communications----
http://www.vertexcommunication.com/contact.htm