Subject: Your "Evolution Sunday" event deserves further publicity!

From: Info Person <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:39:23 +0000

Dear Dean Zimmerman,

We at Darwin Day are delighted to see your listing for the "Evolution 
Sunday" sermons and discussions on February 12, which we celebrate as 
"Darwin Day".  As the son of a liberal Lutheran (and later UCC) 
minister, I knew that it was possible to be a Christian and also 
recognize that the method of science was finding discoveries that worked 
very well to heal the sick and improve everyone's life quality.  Your 
wonderful project confirms my impression that my viewpoint is widely shared.

As you saw, we have a Web site, DarwinDay.org, which includes a 
substantial listing of events in which people may participate around 
February 12.  We would like to enter each individual sermon/discussion 
event of the 320 as a separate listed event, so that people in that city 
who are looking for an event on Darwin Day might more easily find the 
local church's announcement, go to that church, and learn from the 
event.  We could do the work of entering the church, cleric, city, and 
state into our database from which our display of events is generated. 
That would allow people looking for events in a particular city to more 
easily learn of the local church's "Evolution Sunday" sermon.  Would 
that be alright?

We believe that the churches would benefit from contact with potential 
members or at least potential friends from other denominations and 
churches.  In each of the event listings at DarwinDay.org, we would list 
your URL that points to the "Evolution Sunday" Web page that contains 
the full list and explanation of the project.  If we had sermon titles 
or street addresses, we could add that.  We're very busy coping with the 
people who are visiting our Web site during these last 2 weeks before 
Darwin's birthday, so we may not be able to look up the local details 
ourselves.  You might think of us re-listing the sermon locatioins as 
free publicity to help your project.

Again, thank you very much for this magnificent gathering of names 
supporting the non-exclusiveness of (a)religious faith and (b)support 
for the scientific enterprise, particularly evolution.  We are very 
grateful for your registration/listing at DarwinDay.org that made us 
aware of these 320 or more events.

Sincerely,

   - David Harris, Database Editor, and
     Robert Stephens, President of Darwin Day Celebration,
     at DarwinDay.org