Subject: Re: freecycle question

From: David Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:05:03 +0000

Hi CJ!

Good to hear from you.

To join the PA FreeCycle mailing list, browse to 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pafree/ .  You might have to get an 
account at Yahoo, but they're free.  Sign up to receive every message.

I've seen at least 3 small fridges, maybe 6 total fridges, in the last 6 
months.  Lamps are a frequent thing, as are furniture pieces of all 
kinds.  I just got a California King size bedspring set with two 
separable halves AND a metal frame for them.

I monitor the postings frequently, because some people are just eager to 
have someone take stuff away, and  give to the first requester.  I'm 
also very friendly in asking for things, since some people choose their 
favorite person to receive their things.  And I try to explain why I 
could make good use of the thing, or I really need it, etc.  And I often 
send a thank you after I put the thing into my life, telling how it is 
helping me.

I've been blessed with a wonderful washer-dryer pair, a 4 megapixel 
camera, a Craftsman lawnmower, a girls bicycle with sit-up posture and 
multiple gears, a magnificent table saw, a sort of broken laptop 
computer, a TV stand, a computer desk, and a CPAP machine to squeeze 
sweet air into my lungs which overcomes sleep apnea when I'm sleeping. 
Not bad, in my humble opinion!  It does help that I can fix things quite 
skillfully, and I have a pickup truck for big things.  It's like 
Christmas for big people.  Except Santa stays at home and you go pick 
stuff up.   ;-)

I'm keeping my eye open for a job that might use your skills.  Since 
teaching French is pretty specialized, I'm watching for something where 
you could connect people who do and don't speak French, like in business 
translating, or international negotiations or some such.

Best wishes,

   - David

Spirit Writer wrote:
> Hi David,
> Hope you're doing well.  I have a question:  how do you get onto Palo 
> Alto Freecycle?  I am going to be moving in a couple of weeks, and will 
> be looking for a small refrigerator with freezer, a floor or table lamp, 
> and possibly an end table.  I'll be reading the ads on craigslist, too, 
> but I figured if somebody were just giving something away, that would be 
> great, given that I'm still working on coming up with a sustainable 
> situation...
> 
> Anyway, hope you're having a great day!
> 
> Take care,
> CJ
> 
> 
> 
>