Subject: Re: [#28831439] Please integrate GPS use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:58:52 -0700

Hi David,

Thank you for your note. We apologize for our delayed response. Please be advised that you can search for locations by their latitude and longitude coordinates on Google Maps (beta). An example of this can be seen at:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.771008,+-122.41175&hl=en

Please note that the functionality of coordinate searches may be limited at this time. We appreciate your patience, and we'll keep all of your feedback in mind as we continue to develop this feature for Google Maps.

Regards,
The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Please integrate GPS use
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:08:35 -0000

I love what you've done so far, especially the continuous display of while
dragging.  

But please add the latitude and longitude using the WGS values (the
default on GPS devices).  I enter the coordinates when I go to an
unfamiliar place for the first time, and use the Garmin GPSs "GoTo" button
to have a line going from my home to the destination.  I will soon drive
with my laptop connected to the GPS, and with MS Streets and Trips 2005 I
can see where I am, at 1 second intervals, on a zoomable map.  That should
function almost like a driving aid.  I no longer get lost, and feel much
more confident in exploring a new area.

Lat/lon coordinates also allow us to coordinate your wonderful satellite
details with older maps.

Thanks again,

  - David Harris, Palo Alto

IssueType: suggestion
Language: en
Language2: en