Subject: Win in Ohio

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:33:09 -0700

Dear David,

Today, Heartland PAC is endorsing Ted Strickland as the next
governor of Ohio.  The people of Ohio deserve the kind of
leadership Ted can provide. But when we endorse a candidate
we don't just send a press release -- we act as a community,
we get things done.

And Ted Strickland needs our help. We have found out that
George W. Bush is coming to Ohio to raise money for Ken
Blackwell -- Ted Strickland's opponent -- in just a few
short days.

Bush is helping Blackwell, just as Blackwell helped him in
2004. 

Together, they hope to raise $2 million that night. We
need to stand by Ted Strickland, and make it clear that we
are not going to back down: 

https://secure.tedstrickland.com/page/contribute

I wouldn't normally ask our community to reach 
into our pocketbooks so soon after our last 
fundraising drive, but the money from this event with Bush
will  go to tearing down Ted Strickland and distorting his 
record. It can't go unanswered.

Blackwell needs that money because Ted Strickland has worked
tirelessly over the past 14 months to bring the Democratic
message to Ohio -- and has succeeded in creating a healthy
lead in the polls over Kenneth Blackwell. 

Strickland is leading because, as a fighter for his district in Ohio
for
years, he leads by example. As a member of Congress, for
instance, he refused pay raises and paid for his own health
care. He is the kind of leader I am proud to ask this
community to support.

Kenneth Blackwell and current Governor Robert Taft, in
contrast, have failed the test of leadership. They put their
own power above the needs of the people of Ohio, and if the
past is an indicator of future actions, we must remember
what Blackwell did during the 2004 election to
disenfranchise thousands of voters for partisan gain.

Now George W. Bush is coming to help Blackwell fund attacks
on Ted Strickland. It is up to Democrats like us to show Ken
Blackwell and the Republicans that Ted Strickland is not
alone:

https://secure.tedstrickland.com/page/contribute

This is exactly the reason why the Heartland PAC community
exists -- to help great candidates when they need it.

Ken Blackwell, if he wins a promotion to governor this fall,
would give exactly the wrong leadership for Ohio.  I support
Ted Strickland because  -- so unlike Ken Blackwell -- he
focuses on the people he represents. He believes government
is at its best when guided by values and a good dose of
common sense.

Ted is one of our best opportunities for a pick-up in 2006
in this important swing state.  Even though Ted is ahead in
the polls, we all know the GOP will pull out all the stops
to keep Ohio in its column.  We can't let this happen.  To
keep his lead -- and win in Ohio -- Ted needs our support
now.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.