Subject: More Ways to Protect the Right to Vote

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:37:18 -0400

Heartland PAC endorses of three additional candidates for Secretary
of
State:

Michael Mauro - Iowa
Visit his website: http://www.michaelmauro.org/

Ken Gordon - Colorado
Visit his website: http://www.kengordon.com

*Ross Miller* - Nevada
Visit his website: http://www.rossmiller2006.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear David,

Thank you for your support and your willingness to take concrete
action to ensure voting is a right not a privilege. Your
signatures to the VOTES Declaration number 10,000 strong. Thanks
to your hard work, the first delivery will be in Ohio, where your
support has truly helped the Jennifer Brunner campaign.

Over $10,662 has been raised for the Brunner campaign so far, and
every dollar will allow her campaign to reach out to even more
Ohioans. Now we need to extend our help to ensure that other
races for secretary of state get the attention and the support
they need.

There are 22 important elections for secretaries of state this
November. That means that we have opportunities in 22 states,
including states with histories of fraudulent elections, to
guarantee fair elections. In a number of swing states -- with
close elections that will help determine the future of our
country -- we have quality candidates that Democrats need to
support.

Of those races, Heartland PAC has chosen three more Democrats
running for secretary of state in critical states -- please help
them in any way you can.

In my state of Iowa, I am proud to support Michael Mauro, a
candidate with years of experience running elections. Mauro has
done everything he could to make it easier to register and then
vote in his jurisdiction.

He was one of the first in the nation to make voter registration
and absentee ballot requests available online, among many other
ways to make voting more accessible. I know that Michael Mauro
will build on the work of Chet Culver to protect the right to
vote of every Iowan, and I hope you join me in helping him.

Please support Michael Mauro for Secretary of State:

http://www.michaelmauro.org/

In Colorado, I am pleased to support Senate Majority Leader Ken
Gordon. Ken is working to ensure fair voting practices for all
Coloradans. Ken is a longtime advocate for campaign finance
reform in Colorado, and he is doing more than just talking about
it in his campaign. Ken Gordon will not take contributions from
special interest groups. He will accept the voluntary campaign
spending limit. He will not make personal attacks against any
opponent.

Ken is running his campaign for Secretary of State as he will run
Colorado's elections: with honesty and forthrightness. Ken Gordon
is exactly the kind of leader that can ensure elections in
Colorado are fair and clean.

Please take a moment to spread the word and support Ken Gordon:

http://www.kengordon.com/

In Nevada, I am excited to support Ross Miller for secretary of
state. As a former prosecutor, Ross Miller knows that election
law must be enforced to ensure that the special interests do not
control elections. Miller supports real initiative reform to
return power to the people of Nevada.

Miller is also dedicated to making sure that voting is easier and
secure for the people of Nevada, including implementing a secure
vote by mail program for those who need it.

Take a moment and let people know about Ross Miller:

http://www.rossmiller2006.com/

I am proud to endorse all three of these candidates. They are all
committed to ensuring fair elections and protecting the right to
vote.

Thank you for all your hard work -- electing candidates like
these for secretary of state can restore fair and honest
elections.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

P.S. Have you endorsed the VOTES Declaration? We want to send as
many comments on to the elections official in your state as we
possibly can, so please take the time and sign the VOTES
Declaration:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/VOTES

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.