Subject: Nature Methods Contents: August 2006 Volume #3 pp. 581 - 657

From: "Nature Methods"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

August 2006, Volume 3 No 8

| In This Issue

| Editorial

| Research Highlights

| News and Views

| Review

| Brief Communications

| Articles

| Protocol

| Technology Feature

| Corrigenda

| Application Notes

ADVERTISEMENT

This alert is supported by Biacore

Nature Genetics - microRNA Supplement

Nature Genetics is proud to present a special issue on microRNAs. Thanks to generous support of the principal sponsors Rosetta Genomics, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals and the supporting sponsor Santaris Pharma, this supplement will be freely available online for three months. The supplement will feature topics on identification of microRNAs and their targets, strategies for determining biological function and recent insights into the biological roles of microRNAs in animal development, plants and the viral life cycle.

Click here to access the supplement.

Nature Methods is hiring!

Nature Methods is currently seeking an Assistant Editor. For more information see Naturejobs.

In This Issue

Top

PDF

Editorial

Top

Going single, but not alone p581

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-581

Full Text | PDF

Research Highlights

Top

Embryos and biopsies on the ChIP-ing forecast p583

Veronique Kiermer

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-583

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

An affinity for new proteins pp584 - 585

Allison Doerr

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-584a

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Optimizing your optical tweezers pp584 - 585

Daniel Evanko

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-584b

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News In Brief p585

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-585

Full Text | PDF

Circuit maps for the cell p586

Michael Eisenstein

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-586

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

The charged sialic acid exhibits its power again: a new high-throughput screening technology pp589 - 590

Peng George Wang

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-589

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Aharoni et al.

Review

Top

Chemical labeling strategies for cell biology pp591 - 596

Kevin M Marks & Garry P Nolan

doi:10.1038/nmeth906

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

An improved mRFP1 adds red to bimolecular fluorescence complementation pp597 - 600

Guido Jach, Martina Pesch, Klaus Richter, Sabine Frings & Joachim F Uhrig

doi:10.1038/nmeth901

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

A unique and universal molecular barcode array pp601 - 603

Sarah E Pierce, Eula L Fung, Daniel F Jaramillo, Angela M Chu, Ronald W Davis, Corey Nislow & Guri Giaever

doi:10.1038/nmeth905

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Removal of a time barrier for high-resolution multidimensional NMR spectroscopy pp605 - 607

Victor Jaravine, Ilgis Ibraghimov & Vladislav Yu Orekhov

doi:10.1038/nmeth900

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

High-throughput screening methodology for the directed evolution of glycosyltransferases pp609 - 614

Amir Aharoni, Karena Thieme, Cecilia P C Chiu, Sabrina Buchini, Luke L Lairson, Hongming Chen, Natalie C J Strynadka, Warren W Wakarchuk & Stephen G Withers

doi:10.1038/nmeth899

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Wang

Efficient site-specific integration in Plasmodium falciparum chromosomes mediated by mycobacteriophage Bxb1 integrase pp615 - 621

Louis J Nkrumah, Rebecca A Muhle, Pedro A Moura, Pallavi Ghosh, Graham F Hatfull, William R Jacobs & David A Fidock

doi:10.1038/nmeth904

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

A comprehensive library of fluorescent transcriptional reporters for Escherichia coli  pp623 - 628

Alon Zaslaver, Anat Bren, Michal Ronen, Shalev Itzkovitz, Ilya Kikoin, Seagull Shavit, Wolfram Liebermeister, Michael G Surette & Uri Alon

doi:10.1038/nmeth895

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Enrichment of regulatory CD4+CD25+ T cells by inhibition of phospholipase D signaling pp629 - 636

Nagendra Singh, Yoichi Seki, Mariko Takami, Babak Baban, Phil R Chandler, Davood Khosravi, Xiangjian Zheng, Mayuko Takezaki, Jeffrey R Lee, Andrew L Mellor, Wendy B Bollag & Makio Iwashima

doi:10.1038/nmeth903

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Protocol

Top

Feeder-independent culture of human embryonic stem cells pp637 - 646

Tenneille E Ludwig, Veit Bergendahl, Mark E Levenstein, Junying Yu, Mitchell D Probasco & James A Thomson

doi:10.1038/nmeth902

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Technology Feature

Top

Helping cells to tell a colorful tale pp647 - 655

Michael Eisenstein

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-647

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Corrigenda

Top

Corrigendum: Metabolic biotinylation of cell surface receptors for in vivo imaging p657

Bakhos A Tannous, Jan Grimm, Katherine F Perry, John W Chen, Ralph Weissleder & Xandra O Breakefield

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-657a

Full Text | PDF

Corrigendum: A highly flexible tRNA acylation method for non-natural polypeptide synthesis p657

Hiroshi Murakami, Atsushi Ohta, Hiroshi Ashigai & Hiroaki Suga

doi:10.1038/nmeth0806-657b

Full Text | PDF

Application Notes

Top

Simplified quantitation of activated transcription factors

Bart Challis, John A Heyman, Sarah Baer & Chris Wasden

doi:10.1038/nmeth907

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Analysis of small RNAs with the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer

Andrea Masotti & Tobias Preckel

doi:10.1038/nmeth908

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Fast, effective and safe adenovirus purification with Vivapure AdenoPACK kits

Noushin Delmdahl

doi:10.1038/nmeth909

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Top

Register for Nature Methods Application Notes E-update

Get innovative product information on practical laboratory products delivered to your desktop by receiving the Nature Methods Application Notes E-update. This free service will keep you up-to-date on the latest tools, applications and technologies available to researchers like you.

Sign up now to receive the next issue!

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Postdoctoral Positions | | Bioinformatics|Genomics|Gene Therapy|Genetics|Chemistry|Cell Biology| | | University of Virginia | | Charlottesville, VA United States |
| | |
| Phd Fellowships | | Biophysics|Biological Sciences|Biochemistry|Molecular Biology|Cell Biology| | | International Max Planck Research School | | Frankfurt am Main, Germany 60438
| | |
| Group Leader | | Cell Biology|Pharmacology|Computational Biology|Structural Biology|Cancer Research / Oncology| | | Institute for Research in Biomedicine | | Barcelona, Spain
| | |
| Postdoctoral Researcher / Group Leader | | Biochemistry|Molecular Biology|Genetics|Biological Sciences|Microbiology| | | University of Munich | | Munich, Germany D-80638
| | |
| Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Reader | | Plant Science|Physiology|Developmental Biology|Env. Earth Sciences|Evolution| | | University of Warwick | | Warwick, United Kingdom
| | |
| Research Officer | | Pharmacology|Organic Chemistry|Medicinal & Pharm. Chem.|Biochemistry|Chemistry| | | University of Bath | | Bath, United Kingdom
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Methods. To purchase a subscription, please visit secure.nature.com/subscribe/nmeth

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group

NATURE METHODS
© 2006 Nature Publishing Group | Privacy Policy