Subject: CIO Insider: Who Owns the Internet?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:30:00 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - What's happening at CIO.com.

March 21, 2006

Who Owns the Internet?

The telecommunications industry is lobbying for the right
to manage the traffic that flows over its networks as
it sees fit. The big question is whether that would be
the end of net neutrality. Ben Worthen offers his
thoughts and a really cool map of the North American
Internet on his blog, Net Effect.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11102&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Webcast: Raytheon's Rebecca Rhoads on Driving Business
2. How Oreck Corp. Cleaned Up After Katrina
3. Opening a Virtual Gateway to Better Health
4. Your Career Questions Answered

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Avaya

Virtual Technology Summit 2006 - What's Possible. 

Gain new insights into IP Telephony, make new connections,
and see What's Possible for your business at the Virtual
Technology Summit - now live. 

Attend this online summit and discover the value of using
fully connected business communications applications linking
people, information and networks to deliver you competitive
advantage. 

Register now for the Virtual Technology Summit

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10533&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Webcast: Raytheon's Rebecca Rhoads on Driving Business

What does it take to drive business growth at a
$22 billion supplier of defense and aerospace systems?
Vice President and CIO Rebecca Rhoads shares her thoughts
with CIO Editor in Chief Abbie Lundberg.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11103&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

2. How Oreck Corp. Cleaned Up After Katrina

Tom Oreck, the CEO of Oreck Corp., credits quick thinking
by employees for his company's disaster recovery, but
there's more to it. He talks about network breakdowns,
an unreliable telecom industry and aggressive improvisation
by employees.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11104&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored 
by G3 - Sybase/Intel/HP

New! Operational Business Intelligence Executive Playbook

As today's businesses grow in complexity, so too does the data
that is the lifeblood of those enterprises. Analyzing that data
to help make critical business decisions is what operational
business intelligence is all about. This Playbook will guide you
through the steps needed for operational BI to work in your
enterprise.

Click here to download: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11031&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Opening a Virtual Gateway to Better Health

Louis Gutierrez, CIO of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 
swore he would stay away from turnaround projects. But the
challenge of revamping the way the state obtains health
services was too good to resist. Find out what he's doing.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11105&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

4. Your Career Questions Answered

Have a burning question about your job or the industry?
Jane Howze, an executive search expert, answers reader
questions on CIO.com.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11106&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=55796043&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **