Subject: CIO Insider: Why You Need to Take Responsibility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:26:46 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The Exclusive Valentine's Day edition.

February 14, 2006

Why You Need to Take Responsibility
Leaders and projects fail. CIO Senior Writer Thomas
Wailgum's online request for stories about IT's worst
practices provided loads of executives placing the
blame elsewhere.
http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=15025
However, executive coach Susan Cramm thinks the blame
often starts with you. Read what she has to say.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10242&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. It's In the Chips
2. Ron Griffin Makes His Comeback at HP
3. Podcast: Value Your Mistakes
4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Borland

IT Project Portfolio Management and the Application Life-Cycle

"Today, Global 2000 organizations are striving to gain
strategic advantage and efficiencies of scale through
better governance and management of IT projects and
programs. This executive level white paper offers in-depth
analysis into the benefits of integrating Application
Life-Cycle Management and IT Project Portfolio Management
capabilities and processes to enable qualitative assessments
about project/program success."

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10271&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1
-------------------------------------------------------

1. It's In the Chips
If you've succumbed to your company's request to implant
an RFID chip, you won't have to worry about leaving your
passcard at home anymore. Others are simply outraged at
the inherent invasion of privacy. Do you know someone who
has quit and gone public over this? Let Chris Lindquist
know at his blog, Tech LinkLetter.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=265&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

2. Ron Griffin Makes His Comeback at HP
The former Home Depot CIO was hired to lead global
application development and support for HP's Technology
Solutions Group. Get the skinny on his new post and find
out what other CIOs are up to at Meridith Levinson's 
Movers and Shakers blog.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=6003&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Azul Systems

In 2006, CIOs are looking to innovate as their
#1 priority. Technological innovation is required to shift
from silo-deployed resources into leveraged datacenter resources
that can be shared across business units.

On Feb 16th (10am PT), join Stephen DeWitt of Azul Systems and
featured analyst Carl Claunch of Gartner, who will offer their
views on how datacenters are attempting to transform their 
datacenters into shared service centers and by doing so, usher
in a new era in computing models and associated economics.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9967&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Podcast: Value Your Mistakes
In this podcast, executive coach John Baldoni explains
how to make the most of your mistakes. Also, check out
his other three-minute podcasts on developing your
managerial skills and your staff.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8007&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

Want more? Check out this book excerpt from John Baldoni's
"How Great Leaders Get Great Results."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10262&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries
CIO magazine is now accepting applications for technology
innovators and success stories. Winners of the 19th annual
competition will be announced at the CIO 100 Symposium &
Awards Ceremony Aug. 20-22, 2006, at the Hotel del Coronado,
Coronado, CA. Find out more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9828&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=50916590&s=5&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **