Subject: Nature Methods Contents: October 2006 Volume #3 pp. 765 - 867

From: "Nature Methods Alert"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:35:33 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

October 2006, Volume 3 No 10

| In This Issue

| Editorial

| Correspondence

| Research Highlights

| Commentary

| News and Views

| Perspective

| Brief Communications

| Articles

| Protocol

| Technology Feature

| Erratum

| Application Notes

ADVERTISEMENT

This alert is supported by Genetix

Solutions to generate, select and manage mammalian cell lines for Biopharmaceutical and Drug discovery.

Eliminate limiting dilution- ClonePixFl specificity and productivity based isolation of clones.

Image based decisions -CloneSelectImager rapid confluence, clonality and cell number estimates for microplate cell culture.

Advertisement

Looking for the latest laboratory products and techniques?

Application Notes are technical essays describing the technical performance of interesting new products or innovative applications of laboratory technologies. Access to online Application Notes is freely available through the Nature Methods Application Notes Database.

Access these sample Application Notes online

Malvern InstrumentsAbsolute size exclusion chromatography (ASEC) - Absolute size exclusion chromatography (ASEC)

CisBio - HTRF® KinEASE™: a new solution for screening serine-threonine kinases

The Automation Partnership - Managing Libraries of DNA Samples: How TAP’s automation enables scale up in Genomics research

Nature Reviews Microbiology — Evaluating diagnostics: the malaria guide

Effective diagnostics are a crucial element of successful infectious disease management, yet their development and use, particularly in the developing world, remains a neglected area. To address this deficiency, TDR and Nature Reviews Microbiology have joined forces to produce a series of user-friendly diagnostic evaluation guides.

The focus of the first guide is malaria and can be accessed FREE online.

In This Issue

Top

PDF

Editorial

Top

Sharpening the tools of the trade p765

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-765

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Correspondence

Top

Measuring cognitive deficits in disabled mice using an automated interactive touchscreen system p767

A Jennifer Morton, Elizabeth Skillings, Timothy J Bussey & Lisa M Saksida

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-767

Full Text | PDF

Research Highlights

Top

Carbohydrate chemistry in California p769

Allison Doerr

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-769

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Double delivery pp770 - 771

Allison Doerr

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-770a

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

An easier way to take control pp770 - 771

Michael Eisentein

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-770b

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News In Brief p771

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-771

Full Text | PDF

Microarray quality in the spotlight again p772

Veronique Kiermer

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-772

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Snapshots of gene expression p774

Daniel Evanko

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-774

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Commentary

Top

Minimizing the risk of reporting false positives in large-scale RNAi screens pp777 - 779

Christophe J Echeverri, Philip A Beachy, Buzz Baum, Michael Boutros, Frank Buchholz, Sumit K Chanda, Julian Downward, Jan Ellenberg, Andrew G Fraser, Nir Hacohen, William C Hahn, Aimee L Jackson, Amy Kiger, Peter S Linsley, Lawrence Lum, Yong Ma, Bernard Mathey-Prevot, David E Root, David M Sabatini, Jussi Taipale, Norbert Perrimon & Rene Bernards

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-777

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

Single-molecule mountains yield nanoscale cell images pp781 - 782

W E Moerner

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-781

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Brief Communication by Rust et al.

The inside track on HIV pp782 - 783

David McDonald

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-782

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Arhel et al.

Perspective

Top

Channelrhodopsin-2 and optical control of excitable cells pp785 - 792

Feng Zhang, Li-Ping Wang, Edward S Boyden & Karl Deisseroth

doi:10.1038/nmeth936

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

Sub-diffraction-limit imaging by stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy (STORM) pp793 - 796

Michael J Rust, Mark Bates & Xiaowei Zhuang

doi:10.1038/nmeth929

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Moerner

Imaging diacylglycerol dynamics at organelle membranes pp797 - 799

Moritoshi Sato, Yoshibumi Ueda & Yoshio Umezawa

doi:10.1038/nmeth930

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

Defining the actual sensitivity and specificity of the neurosphere assay in stem cell biology pp801 - 806

Ilyas Singec, Rolf Knoth, Ralf P Meyer, Jaroslaw Maciaczyk, Benedikt Volk, Guido Nikkhah, Michael Frotscher & Evan Y Snyder

doi:10.1038/nmeth926

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Clonal isolation of hESCs reveals heterogeneity within the pluripotent stem cell compartment pp807 - 815

Morag H Stewart, Marc Bosse, Kristin Chadwick, Pablo Menendez, Sean C Bendall & Mickie Bhatia

doi:10.1038/nmeth939

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Quantitative four-dimensional tracking of cytoplasmic and nuclear HIV-1 complexes pp817 - 824

Nathalie Arhel, Auguste Genovesio, Kyeong-Ae Kim, Sarah Miko, Emmanuelle Perret, Jean-Christophe Olivo-Marin, Spencer Shorte & Pierre Charneau

doi:10.1038/nmeth928

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by McDonald

State-based discovery: a multidimensional screen for small-molecule modulators of EGF signaling pp825 - 831

Mark Sevecka & Gavin MacBeath

doi:10.1038/nmeth931

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Evidence of off-target effects associated with long dsRNAs in Drosophila melanogaster cell-based assays pp833 - 838

Meghana M Kulkarni, Matthew Booker, Serena J Silver, Adam Friedman, Pengyu Hong, Norbert Perrimon & Bernard Mathey-Prevot

doi:10.1038/nmeth935

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

A recombineering pipeline for functional genomics applied to Caenorhabditis elegans  pp839 - 844

Mihail Sarov, Susan Schneider, Andrei Pozniakovski, Assen Roguev, Susanne Ernst, Youming Zhang, A Anthony Hyman & A Francis Stewart

doi:10.1038/nmeth933

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Protocol

Top

In vivo and in vitro protein solubility assays using split GFP pp845 - 854

Stephanie Cabantous & Geoffrey S Waldo

doi:10.1038/nmeth932

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Technology Feature

Top

Automatic for the people pp855 - 866

Michael Eisenstein

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-855

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Erratum

Top

Erratum: Feeder-independent culture of human embryonic stem cells p867

Tenneille E Ludwig, Veit Bergendahl, Mark E Levenstein, Junying Yu, Mitchell D Probasco & James A Thomson

doi:10.1038/nmeth1006-867

Full Text | PDF

Application Notes

Top

Spectral fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy: new dimensions with Leica TCS SP5

Rolf Borlinghaus & Lioba Kuschel

doi:10.1038/nmeth941

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Fast, reproducible and reliable determination of biomass in suspension cell cultures with VoluPAC tubes

Joachim Luecke

doi:10.1038/nmeth942

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

High-throughput pipetting with the programmable Pipetman Concept®

Jerome Deve

doi:10.1038/nmeth943

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Top

Nature Protocols — Recipes for Researchers

Discover a unique combination of established and peer-reviewed experimental Nature Protocols and FREE user-generated content in our Protocols Network. The two streams create a dynamic resource for scientists, in all areas of research. Visit Nature Protocols to submit your protocols and sign up for Nature Protocols E-alerts.

www.natureprotocols.com

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Postdoctoral Positions | | Biochemistry|Molecular Biology|Biophysics|Biological Sciences|Biomedical Sciences| | | Washington University | | St. Louis, MO |
| | |
| Assistant / Associate / Full Professor | | Biochemistry|Molecular Biology|Genomics|Physiology|Chemistry|Genetics| | | University of California | | Davis, CA
| | |
| Research Scientists and Post Doctoral Research Fellows | | Bioinformatics|Genetics|Cell Biology|Molecular Biology|Cancer Research / Oncology|Drug Discovery|Biological Sciences|Clinical Biomedical|Molecular Modelling| | | The Bioinformatics Institute | | Singapore City, Singapore
| | |
| Group Leader | | Bioinformatics|Mathematics|Ecology|Physics|Biological Sciences| | | Rothamsted Research | | Harpenden, United Kingdom
| | |
| Laboratory Technician | | Biological Sciences|Cell Biology|Molecular Biology|Pharmacology|Medicinal & Pharm. Chem.| | | UCL | | London, United Kingdom
| | |
| Clinical Study Co-ordinator | | Biological Sciences|Biomedical Sciences|Molecular Biology|Clinical Biomedical|Medical Sciences| | | Unilever UK Peoplelink | | Surrey, United Kingdom
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Methods. To purchase a subscription, please visit www.sunbeltfs.com/forms/nh/subscribe.asp?eid=E50144

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group

NATURE METHODS
© 2006 Nature Publishing Group | Privacy Policy