Subject: Nature Methods Contents: September 2006 Volume #3 pp. 659 - 763

From: "Nature Methods"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:18:43 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

September 2006, Volume 3 No 9

| In This Issue

| Editorial

| Research Highlights

| News and Views

| Focus

| Foreword

| Perspectives

| Brief Communications

| Articles

| Technology Feature

| Erratum

| Application Notes

ADVERTISEMENT

This alert is supported by:
Gilson

Create your own pipetting modes : Unique PC to Pipette connection

Gilson’s new electronic pipette PIPETMAN CONCEPT® allows you to create custom operating modes on your PC and transfer these to your pipette.Streamlined ergonomic design with selectable menus and straightforward navigation make both routine and complex tasks easy to perform. Just click and scroll to set the volume, to navigate or to select a menu option.

Advertisement

Looking for the latest laboratory products and techniques?

Application Notes are technical essays describing the technical performance of interesting new products or innovative applications of laboratory technologies. Access to online Application Notes is freely available through the Nature Methods Application Notes Database.

Access these sample Application Notes online

Sartorius - Fast, effective and safe adenovirus purification with Vivapure AdenoPACK kits

Agilent Technologies - Analysis of small RNAs with the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer

Active Motif - Simplified quantitation of activated transcription factors

Share what you know.

Add comments, tips and advice to protocols published within Nature Protocols and Protocols Network. Share the experimental protocols that you’ve developed during your research. Visit our section ‘for authors’ for more information about submission online.

www.natureprotocols.com

In This Issue

Top

PDF

Editorial

Top

RNA interference on target p659

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-659

Full Text | PDF

Research Highlights

Top

STEDy progress p661

Daniel Evanko

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-661

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Quantum dots go with the flow pp662 - 663

Irene Kaganman

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-662a

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

In praise of manual high-throughput screening pp662 - 663

Daniel Evanko

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-662b

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News In Brief p663

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-663

Full Text | PDF

Pushing size to the limit: extreme DNA p664

Allison Doerr

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-664

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

Amplify this! DNA and RNA get a third base pair pp667 - 668

Aaron M Leconte & Floyd E Romesberg

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-667

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Hirao et al.

Focus

Top

Focus on RNA interference - A user's guide

Foreword

Top

Focus on RNA interference p669

Veronique Kiermer

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-669

Full Text | PDF

Perspectives

Top

On the art of identifying effective and specific siRNAs pp670 - 676

Yi Pei & Thomas Tuschl

doi:10.1038/nmeth911

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Enhancing and confirming the specificity of RNAi experiments pp677 - 681

Bryan R Cullen

doi:10.1038/nmeth913

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Tuning silence: conditional systems for RNA interference pp682 - 688

Maciej Wiznerowicz, Jolanta Szulc & Didier Trono

doi:10.1038/nmeth914

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Expressing short hairpin RNAs in vivo  pp689 - 695

Ola Snove & John J Rossi

doi:10.1038/nmeth927

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Enzymatically prepared RNAi libraries pp696 - 700

Frank Buchholz, Ralf Kittler, Mikolaj Slabicki & Mirko Theis

doi:10.1038/nmeth912

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

shRNA libraries and their use in cancer genetics pp701 - 706

Rene Bernards, Thijn R Brummelkamp & Roderick L Beijersbergen

doi:10.1038/nmeth921

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Lessons from Nature: microRNA-based shRNA libraries pp707 - 714

Kenneth Chang, Stephen J Elledge & Gregory J Hannon

doi:10.1038/nmeth923

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Genome-scale loss-of-function screening with a lentiviral RNAi library pp715 - 719

David E Root, Nir Hacohen, William C Hahn, Eric S Lander & David M Sabatini

doi:10.1038/nmeth924

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

Nanoscale resolution in GFP-based microscopy pp721 - 723

Katrin I Willig, Robert R Kellner, Rebecca Medda, Birka Hein, Stefan Jakobs & Stefan W Hell

doi:10.1038/nmeth922

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Digital quantification using amplified single-molecule detection pp725 - 727

Jonas Jarvius, Jonas Melin, Jenny Goransson, Johan Stenberg, Simon Fredriksson, Carlos Gonzalez-Rey, Stefan Bertilsson & Mats Nilsson

doi:10.1038/nmeth916

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

An unnatural hydrophobic base pair system: site-specific incorporation of nucleotide analogs into DNA and RNA pp729 - 735

Ichiro Hirao, Michiko Kimoto, Tsuneo Mitsui, Tsuyoshi Fujiwara, Rie Kawai, Akira Sato, Yoko Harada & Shigeyuki Yokoyama

doi:10.1038/nmeth915

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Leconte and Romesberg

Quantitative multiplexed profiling of cellular signaling networks using phosphotyrosine-specific DNA-tagged SH2 domains pp737 - 744

Kevin Dierck, Kazuya Machida, Anja Voigt, Julian Thimm, Martin Horstmann, Walter Fiedler, Bruce J Mayer & Peter Nollau

doi:10.1038/nmeth917

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

A new two-color Fab labeling method for autoantigen protein microarrays pp745 - 751

Michael G Kattah, Golnaz R Alemi, Donna L Thibault, Imelda Balboni & Paul J Utz

doi:10.1038/nmeth910

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Technology Feature

Top

'Chain gang' delivers for hard labor pp753 - 762

Michael Eisenstein

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-753

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Erratum

Top

Erratum: Efficient site-specific integration in Plasmodium falciparum chromosomes mediated by mycobacteriophage Bxb1 integrase p763

Louis J Nkrumah, Rebecca A Muhle, Pedro A Moura, Pallavi Ghosh, Graham F Hatfull, William R Jacobs & David A Fidock

doi:10.1038/nmeth0906-763

Full Text | PDF

Application Notes

Top

Multiple-laser microplate cytometers: adding a third dimension to high-content screening

Wayne P Bowen & Sarah L Payne

doi:10.1038/nmeth918

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Optimizing knockdown of gene expression using the TriFECTa[trade] Dicer-substrate RNAi reagent system

Scott D Rose, Michael A Collingwood & Mark A Behlke

doi:10.1038/nmeth919

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

miRCURY™ LNA research tools for microRNA

Peter Roberts, Mikkel Noerholm, Nina Stahlberg, Peter Mouritzen & Christian Glue

doi:10.1038/nmeth920

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Top

Nature Methods presents a user’s guide to RNA interference

Pioneers and expert users of the technology provide practical advice for using RNA interference as a research tool in mammalian systems.

Read this special focus in the September 2006 issue of Nature Methods or access it free online through November. Visit here for further details.

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Research Fellow | | Molecular Biology|Cell Biology|Gene Therapy|Neuroscience|Neurology| | | University of Sussex | | Brighton, United Kingdom |
| | |
| PhD student and Postdoc | | Neuroscience| | | Institute of Neuroinformatics UZH / ETHZ | | Zurich, Switzerland 8057
| | |
| Director | | Microbiology|Immunology|Cancer Research / Oncology|Infectious Diseases|Gene Therapy| | | University of Miami Miller School of Medicine | | Miami, FL
| | |
| Researcher Fellowships | | Materials Science|Cancer Research / Oncology|Cardiology & Circulation|Neuroscience|Earth Sciences| | | Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation | | Sydney, Australia
| | |
| Scientist | | Agriculture|Genetics|Gene Therapy|Molecular Genetics|Biological Sciences| | | Agricultural Research Service | | Pullman, WA
| | |
| Research Scientist | | Biochemistry|Bioinformatics|Biological Sciences|Molecular Biology| | | Sanofi Pasteur | | Toronto, Canada
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Methods. To purchase a subscription, please visit secure.nature.com/subscribe/nmeth

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group

NATURE METHODS
© 2006 Nature Publishing Group | Privacy Policy