Subject: Time to step up

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:59:29 -0400

Dear David,

It's time to take action. 

For the next 42 days our site will be devoted to winning the
majority of statehouses, electing secretaries of state who
believe voting is a right not a privilege, and gaining or
expanding control of legislatures in Iowa, New Hampshire and
Colorado.

Our candidate picks offer just a snapshot of the many fine
Democratic candidates at the state and local levels that too
often get overlooked.  We are spotlighting these races
because they share our values of hope and opportunity. 

These are candidates who inspire us and will help put
America back on track. 

Meet our candidates here:

http://www.heartlandpac.org

We've focused the last year on helping build the bench of
quality candidates at the state and local levels. These are
the men and women who will rebuild our party as a majority
party for years to come. 

Senator Barak Obama was once an Illinois State Senator, Gov.
Janet Napolitano a former Arizona Attorney General.  And
before I became governor, I was Mayor of Mt. Pleasant,
Iowa.  The list goes on and on.

But at all levels, these races will be hard fought.  So
while the polls look optimistic, we can't stand by as the
GOP empties their deep coffers to fund attack ads and their
get-out-the-vote machine.

We must respond together. By contributing, volunteering and
spreading the word neighbor to neighbor, we can win these
spotlight races and so many more.

Please join me today.  Find a candidate -- or even better,
several candidates that inspire you and then take action
today: 

http://www.heartlandpac.org

The campaigns, our party, and our country will be better if
you do.

Best,

Tom Vilsack

P.S.  I'd love to know which campaigns inspire you most. 
Please explore the candidate profiles and let me know what
you think here:

http://www.heartlandpac.org/helpout

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.