Subject: CIO Insider: Spend Less, Get More From Telecoms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:59:39 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - What's happening at CIO.com.

March 16, 2006

Spend Less and Get More From Telecoms

Negotiating with telecoms has mostly fallen on CIOs. 
Fortunately, third-party expense management vendors and
small-scale VoIP deployments can help. Find out how other
CIOs cut a swath through the telecom jungle.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11025&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

Analyst tool: Current Analysis provides a telecom market
leader comparison chart.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11026&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

Want more information? Check out an excerpt from John
Handley's book, "Telebomb: The Truth Behind The $500-Billion
Telecom Bust And What The Industry Must Do To Recover."
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11027&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. The Next Wave in IT Is Here
2. How to Profit from Privacy
3. Why Is Education so Important?
4. The Trials of Change

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored
by Thought Leadership Summits

TLS High Tech CRM & Customer Strategy Summit 2006 

The TLS High Tech CRM & Customer Strategy Summit 2006
(April 18-19, Half Moon Bay, CA) will feature Sales, Marketing
& Pricing best practice presentations from some of the world's
best run High Tech companies in a ‘non-tradeshow' environment.
Presenting companies include Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Texas
Instruments, Intuit, EMC, BT Americas, BEA, Rearden Commerce,
Rapt and Deloitte Consulting. Register before March 24 and
receive a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate! 

Please visit www.tlsummits.com/hightech for more information.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11028&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. The Next Wave in IT Is Here

Businesses are now demanding more aggressive deployments
of IT. As technology enables innovation with increased
responsiveness and speed, SOA will lead the charge. CIO
Editor in Chief Abbie Lundberg explains:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11029&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

2. How to Profit from Privacy

Protecting the privacy of customer data and making a 
profit are opposing goals. Several companies accomplished
both, and you can too.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11030&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by G3 - Sybase/Intel/HP

New! Operational Business Intelligence Executive Playbook

As today's businesses grow in complexity, so too does the data
that is the lifeblood of those enterprises. Analyzing that data
to help make critical business decisions is what operational
business intelligence is all about. This Playbook will guide you
through the steps needed for operational BI to work in your
enterprise.

Click here to download: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11031&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Why Is Education so Important?

Technology accelerates integration and allows communities
to connect and flourish. The future of America depends
on teaching more science and technology to the
next generation.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11032&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

4. The Trials of Change

When change comes, as it always does, some adapt, some
resist and others freeze. How can CIOs thaw them out?
CXO Media President and CEO Michael Friedenberg explains
the Monkey Bar Law.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=11033&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=55382220&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **