Subject: Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine - Table of Contents alert Volume 3 Issue 9

From: "Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 06:25:10 -0400 (EDT)

| | Accessibility statement Jump to content

NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG

|

An official publication of the World Heart Federation

| | MY ACCOUNT  |  E-ALERTS  |  SUBSCRIBE  |  REGISTER

TABLE OF CONTENTS

| |

September 2006
Volume 3 Number 9

Editorial
Viewpoint
Research Highlights
Practice Points
Reviews
Case Study
Errata

Recommend this journal to your library

| Journal of Perinatology brings you the best in maternal, fetal and neonatal care, covering the full scope of the specialty including respiratory disorders and ventilation, follow-up of the infant and child, and new developments in neonatal intensive care. Read a full issue online absolutely FREE and see for yourself why this journal continues to rank among the best in its field. |

| |

EDITORIAL | Top

Principles for national and regional guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention
Sidney Smith, Janet Voûte and Valentin Fuster
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0655 | Full Text | PDF

VIEWPOINT | Top

Genetic testing in cardiac disease: from bench to bedside
Allison L Cirino and Carolyn Y Ho
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0654 | Full Text | PDF

RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS | Top

Patent foramen ovale is a marker of carcinoid heart disease progression
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0614 | Full Text | PDF

Case–control association study reveals genes involved in early-onset myocardial infarction
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0615 | Full Text | PDF

Platelet expression of MRP-14 increases prior to STEMI
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0616 | Full Text | PDF

Evidence for statin-mediated functions independent of lipid lowering
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0617 | Full Text | PDF

Community study shows shift in distribution of mortality from cardiovascular disease
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0618 | Full Text | PDF

Role of tenascin-C in heart muscle after acute myocardial infarction
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0619 | Full Text | PDF

Transvenous leads increase thromboembolic risk in patients with intracardiac shunts
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0620 | Full Text | PDF

Management of patients with LV dysfunction needing permanent ventricular pacing support
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0621 | Full Text | PDF

Blood pressure and cardiovascular outcomes in high-risk Hispanics
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0623 | Full Text | PDF

Complex atherosclerotic aortic debris is not a risk factor for cryptogenic stroke
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0624 | Full Text | PDF

Evidence for poor risk stratification in thromboprophylaxis for VTE
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0625 | Full Text | PDF

Diagnosis of carotid artery stenosis by noninvasive imaging
doi:10.1038/ncpneuro0257 | Full Text | PDF

Disparities in stroke incidence and risk factors among elderly people in the US
doi:10.1038/ncpneuro0256 | Full Text | PDF

PRACTICE POINTS | Top

Can microvolt T-wave alternans predict mortality in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy?
Stefan H Hohnloser
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0636 | Full Text | PDF

Does the combination of stress perfusion and delayed-enhancement MRI improve the detection of CAD?
Santo Dellegrottaglie and Zahi A Fayad
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0637 | Full Text | PDF

OASIS-5: how do fondaparinux and enoxaparin compare in patients with acute coronary syndromes?
James J Ferguson and Gary M Idelchik
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0639 | Full Text | PDF

Is there a role for oral rapamycin in restenosis prevention after bare-metal stent implantation?
Jörg Hausleiter and Adnan Kastrati
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0633 | Full Text | PDF

OASIS-6: should patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction be treated with fondaparinux?
Lori-Ann Linkins and Jeffrey I Weitz
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0635 | Full Text | PDF

How do sirolimus-eluting and paclitaxel-eluting stents compare in patients with and without diabetes mellitus?
Antonio Colombo
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0634 | Full Text | PDF

REVIEWS | Top

Genetic determinants of the metabolic syndrome
Rebecca L Pollex and Robert A Hegele
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0638 | Full Text | PDF

Modification of myocardial substrate use as a therapy for heart failure
Khalid Abozguia, Kieran Clarke, Leong Lee and Michael Frenneaux
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0583 | Full Text | PDF

No-reflow phenomenon and prognosis in patients with acute myocardial infarction
Hiroshi Ito
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0632 | Full Text | PDF

Surgery Insight: surgical methods to reverse left ventricular remodeling
Michele De Bonis and Ottavio Alfieri
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0631 | Full Text | PDF

CASE STUDY | Top

Management of a case of peripartum cardiomyopathy
Kenneth Lee Baughman
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0640 | Full Text | PDF

ERRATA | Top

Can clopidogrel and aspirin lower mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction?
Deepak L Bhatt
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0657 | Full Text | PDF

Is rimonabant a safe and effective therapy for sustained weight loss and improved cardiometabolic risk factors?
Serena Tonstad
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0658 | Full Text | PDF

| Top

The contents of the January 2006 issue of Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine are available for free. Please note that you will need to be a subscriber or site-license holder to enjoy full-text access to subsequent issues. In order to do so, please purchase a subscription or learn more about site licenses.

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/nams/svc/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston