Subject: Nature Structural & Molecular Biology Contents: September 2006 Volume #13 pp. 753 - 855

From: "Nature Structural & Molecular Biology Alert"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:45:45 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

September 2006, Volume 13 No 9

| Editorial

| News and Views

| Articles

| Brief Communications

| Erratum

Make sure you have access to significant research in structural and molecular studies. To recommend Nature Structural & Molecular Biology to your institution visit: www.nature.com/librec

Editorial

Top

All aboard for graduate school p753

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-753

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

L(ou)sy miRNA targets? pp754 - 755

Nikolaus Rajewsky

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-754

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Brief Communication by Didiano and Hobert

How GPCRs hit the switch pp756 - 757

Sekar Ramachandran & Richard A Cerione

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-756

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Oldham et al.

Small interfering RNAs to the rescue: blocking L1 retrotransposition pp758 - 759

Harris S Soifer & John J Rossi

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-758

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Yang and Kazazian

RNase II structure completes group portrait of 3′ exoribonucleases pp760 - 761

Daneen Grossman & Ambro van Hoof

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-760

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Research highlights p762

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-762

Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

L1 retrotransposition is suppressed by endogenously encoded small interfering RNAs in human cultured cells pp763 - 771

Nuo Yang & Haig H Kazazian Jr.

doi:10.1038/nsmb1141

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Soifer and Rossi

Mechanism of the receptor-catalyzed activation of heterotrimeric G proteins pp772 - 777

William M Oldham, Ned Van Eps, Anita M Preininger, Wayne L Hubbell & Heidi E Hamm

doi:10.1038/nsmb1129

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Ramachandran and Cerione

Probing the activation-promoted structural rearrangements in preassembled receptor-G protein complexes pp778 - 786

Céline Galés, Joost J J Van Durm, Stéphane Schaak, Stéphanie Pontier, Yann Percherancier, Martin Audet, Hervé Paris & Michel Bouvier

doi:10.1038/nsmb1134

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Involvement of AGO1 and AGO2 in mammalian transcriptional silencing pp787 - 792

Bethany A Janowski, Kenneth E Huffman, Jacob C Schwartz, Rosalyn Ram, Robert Nordsell, David S Shames, John D Minna & David R Corey

doi:10.1038/nsmb1140

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Argonaute-1 directs siRNA-mediated transcriptional gene silencing in human cells pp793 - 797

Daniel H Kim, Louisa M Villeneuve, Kevin V Morris & John J Rossi

doi:10.1038/nsmb1142

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Oligomerization of signaling complexes by the multipoint binding of GRB2 to both LAT and SOS1 pp798 - 805

Jon C D Houtman, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Mira Barda-Saad, Alex Braiman, Brent Bowden, Ettore Appella, Peter Schuck & Lawrence E Samelson

doi:10.1038/nsmb1133

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Extensive functional overlap between σ factors in Escherichia coli  pp806 - 814

Joseph T Wade, Daniel Castro Roa, David C Grainger, Douglas Hurd, Stephen J W Busby, Kevin Struhl & Evgeny Nudler

doi:10.1038/nsmb1130

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Cotranscriptional coupling of splicing factor recruitment and precursor messenger RNA splicing in mammalian cells pp815 - 822

Imke Listerman, Aparna K Sapra & Karla M Neugebauer

doi:10.1038/nsmb1135

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

The Swi5-Sfr1 complex stimulates Rhp51/Rad51 - and Dmc1-mediated DNA strand exchange in vitro  pp823 - 830

Nami Haruta, Yumiko Kurokawa, Yasuto Murayama, Yufuko Akamatsu, Satoru Unzai, Yasuhiro Tsutsui & Hiroshi Iwasaki

doi:10.1038/nsmb1136

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Dynamically driven protein allostery pp831 - 838

Nataliya Popovych, Shangjin Sun, Richard H Ebright & Charalampos G Kalodimos

doi:10.1038/nsmb1132

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

A peptide motif in Raver1 mediates splicing repression by interaction with the PTB RRM2 domain pp839 - 848

Alexis P Rideau, Clare Gooding, Peter J Simpson, Tom P Monie, Mike Lorenz, Stefan Hüttelmaier, Robert H Singer, Stephen Matthews, Stephen Curry & Christopher W J Smith

doi:10.1038/nsmb1137

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

Perfect seed pairing is not a generally reliable predictor for miRNA-target interactions pp849 - 851

Dominic Didiano & Oliver Hobert

doi:10.1038/nsmb1138

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Rajewsky

Molecular regulation of H3K4 trimethylation by ASH2L, a shared subunit of MLL complexes pp852 - 854

Melissa M Steward, Jung-Shin Lee, Aisling O'Donovan, Matt Wyatt, Bradley E Bernstein & Ali Shilatifard

doi:10.1038/nsmb1131

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Erratum

Top

Erratum: Where to start and when to stop p855

Lin Tian & Andreas Matouschek

doi:10.1038/nsmb0906-855

Full Text | PDF

Top

ADVERTISEMENT

Faculty Positions in Structural Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Emory University School of Medicine

The Department of Biochemistry invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions from the Assistant to Full Professor levels in Structural Biology. Junior faculty will be expected to develop an active and competitive research program. Senior candidates are expected to have a well-funded extramural research program and a distinguished record of scholarly achievements, collaborative research, and demonstrated excellence in teaching. Applicants will be considered who have research interests in any area of contemporary biomedical structural biology that complements the ongoing research in the Department (www.biochem.emory.edu/). The Department, which currently includes 11 tenure-track faculties with a total extramural funding of nearly $5 million, will grow considerably over the next 5-7 years under the leadership of the new Chair, Dr. Richard D. Cummings. Emory University, located just 15 minutes from downtown Atlanta in the tree-lined neighborhood of Druid Hills, is adjacent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Yerkes Research Center. Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a succinct statement (3 pages or less) describing research interests and teaching philosophy, and detailed contact information for four references. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on October 1, 2006 and the search will continue until the positions are filled. Please send materials as PDF files to [email-masked].

Share what you know.

Add comments, tips and advice to protocols published within Nature Protocols and Protocols Network. Share the experimental protocols that you've developed during your research. Visit our section 'for authors' for more information about submission online.

www.natureprotocols.com

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Tenure Track Position / Asst. Professor | | Cell Biology|Molecular Biology | | Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research | | Cambridge, MA |
| | |
| Head of the Department | | Microbiology|Biochemistry|Molecular Biology|Evolution|Biological Sciences | | Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen | | Braunschweig, Germany 38124
| | |
| Postdoctoral Fellows | | Immunology|Molecular Biology|Analytical Chemistry|Cell Biology|Biochemistry | | Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences | | Vienna, Austria
| | |
| Postdoctoral Research Assistant | | Dentistry|Molecular Biology|Cell Biology|Molecular Immunology|Genetics | | Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry | | London, United Kingdom
| | |
| Research Biologists - Molecular Oncology | | Medical/Healthcare | | Merck | | Montreal, New York, Washington D.C.
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Structural & Molecular Biology. To purchase a subscription, please visit secure.nature.com/subscribe/nsmb

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group