Subject: Discover What Grids Mean for Your Organization

From: "LinuxWorld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:08:56 -0700

********************************************
This eNewsletter is sponsored by Coverity
Coverity's ground-breaking technology removes the barriers to
writing and delivering complex software by automatically finding
critical software defects and security vulnerabilities as the
software is written.  More than 100 leading companies choose
Coverity because it scales to tens of millions of lines of code,
has the lowest false positive rate and provides 100 percent path
coverage. Companies like Juniper Networks, Symantec/VERITAS,
McAfee, Synopsys and NASA work with Coverity's tools to
eliminate security and quality defects from their
mission-critical code and make their products Coverity Clean. In
addition, Coverity's work for the U.S. Department of Homeland
Security analyzing leading open source software packages has
resulted in over 4000 bugs identified.
********************************************

http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1464297&c=769211596&m=m&type=3

Dear DAVID HARRIS,

Thank you for registering for LinuxWorld Conference & Expo® San
Francisco, August 14-17, 2006. This is the second in a series of
eNewsletters highlighting the latest industry trends and how you
can learn about them at LinuxWorld.

Linux and open source offer endless possibilities to build ever
more powerful computing solutions.  While Virualization helps
you spread applications and operating system diversity across
your data center, Grid Technology is the underlying
infrastructure that makes it all possible.   

Grids let you solve big computational problems by pulling
processing resources together, even when they are geographically
separated or on dissimilar hardware platforms.  Jobs are split up
and parsed out to a collaborative network of individual
computers.  The pieces are then brought back together to create
the results.  The Grid software manages the interactions between
machines and uses resources on an as-needed basis.  

Clusters are similar to Grids, except that the individual
computers are grouped together in one location or are all on the
same LAN. Grids can span domains or continents and are typically
connected via the Internet.

Grid Computing also extends to Web server hosting, storage
management, security analysis, scientific modeling, and
simulation.

At LinuxWorld Conference and Expo, in San Francisco, you'll get
in-depth coverage of high performance computing and Grids.  

** HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING AND GRIDS AT LINUXWORLD**
As your complete resource on Linux and open source training,
LinuxWorld will be the place to learn about Grid Computing this
summer. Here is a sample of what you'll experience:
 
Peter Levine, of XenSource will present a keynote describing the
current high performance computing market and where it is headed
for the future. Univa's Ian Foster, will cover how Grids and
Virtualization relate to each other and how they can be
effectively integrated. Sharad Mehrotra, of Fabric7 Systems will
highlight how hardware vendors need to address a looming
bottleneck in high performance computing, where data can't get
into the processors fast enough.  Gary Tyreman, of Platform
Computing will talk about a new industry shaking standard.

Recently Added Programs!
PalmSource Developer Day and Novell Best of Brainshare were
recently added to the LinuxWorld conference schedule. Both
programs are included in the Passport and 3-Day Conference
Packages, or can be purchased for a small fee by all other
conference attendees. 

Novell Best of Brainshare - Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday,
August 16
http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1464293&c=769211596&m=m&type=3
Enhance your skills and achieve maximum business benefit for all
your projects by drawing on expertise, insight, and real-world
examples from throughout the Linux and Open Source community.
Experience the Best of Novell BrainShare while attending
LinuxWorld. Popular speakers will present top-tier technical
sessions that will expand your knowledge and increase your net
worth - it doesn't get much better than that! 

PalmSource Developer Day - Wednesday, August 16
http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1464294&c=769211596&m=m&type=3
This track is for Linux Application Developers who want to take
their applications mobile! Get an overview of the components of
the newest industry leading solution for mobile devices--the
ACCESS Linux Platform (ALP). If you are a Linux Application
Developer, this track gives you early access and hands-on
experience building applications for this new platform. 

The deadline to donate your Linux-related artifacts is this
Friday - don't miss out!
Be Part of History - Donate Your Linux-related Artifacts

The Computer History Museum, in conjunction with LinuxWorld
Conference & Expo®, is conducting a nation-wide search for
Linux and open source-related memorabilia for additions to the
museum's collection in Mountain View, CA.
Currently, the museum is looking for artifacts that are unique
and at least 10 years old (prior to 1996).  

Examples are:
• Historical prototypes
• Early business plans for Linux and open source companies
• Early photographs of key figures in the Linux and open
source movement
• Software releases 
• Promotional materials and tchotchkes
• Video tapes related to significant milestones in Linux
history
• Source code

If you are interested in donating an item, please visit the
museum website and fill out an on line donation form. Go to:
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/donateArtifact/donation.php

If you have any questions about the program, please contact
Briana Pontremoli at (508) 424-4811 or [email-masked]
or Bob Stetson at (650) 510-1036 or [email-masked].

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco! For more
information visit, http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/sf.

This message was intended for [email-masked]
We want to provide you with the most relevant information.

Click below to do the following:
* Change your email preferences
* Update your information
* Opt-out from our email programs

http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=wjvfou&action=update&eemail=[email-masked]
IDG World Expo, 3 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701
800-657-1474

----Powered by Vertex Communications----
http://www.vertexcommunication.com/contact.htm