Subject: CIO Insider: How to Save an Airline

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:00:43 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

February 21, 2006

How to Save an Airline
Joe Beery, CIO of the new US Airways after the merger
with America West, has three big hurdles to overcome.
His success is predicated on keeping processes and
applications simple - and cutting $100 million in IT costs.
Find out how he plans to succeed.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10362&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

Also, CIO looks at the combination of causes that are
squeezing the fun and profit out of flying.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10363&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Think Before You Blog
2. Your Supply Chain and Your Stock Price
3. Microsoft's State-of-the-Art Patch Generator
4. Coach Casting Podcast: Getting 'em Up and Going

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Redsprite

Shaping the Future: Transforming Your Enterprise for Sustained
Market Leadership 

Learn how business transformation is helping organizations
innovate and break free of constraints, thus achieving new
levels of growth. 

To receive your free white paper on how enterprises are
taking IT and business process to new levels thus achieving
sustainable breakthrough results, please take a moment to
answer a survey of IT executives: 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=6852&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Think Before You Blog
Blogging. A web log. A chance for any CIO to share his or
her thoughts with the world, online. You might even make
a difference. Are you thinking of starting one? Make sure
you ask the right questions first.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10365&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

2. Your Supply Chain and Your Stock Price
Wall Street analysts are starting to ask hard questions
about companies' supply chain performance. Christopher
Koch explains why he thinks CIOs need to be ready to
provide visible IT - and undergo the increased scrutiny.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1181&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored
by AMD and Sun Microsystems 

Strategies for IT Consolidation - a CIO Focus Guide. 

Whether you've acquired another organization, or have just
realized your own has grown into a many-tentacled beast,
consolidation is a bold and challenging move. CIO has
compiled a free Focus Guide to help you through. 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10367&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. IT Takes Expense Out of Procurement
Companies that use IT effectively for procuring goods
and services can save big bucks, according to The Hackett
Group. Some systems can lower costs by 20 percent. Lorraine
Cosgrove Ware provides an overview.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10366&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

4. Coach Casting Podcast: Getting 'em Up and Going
In this podcast, executive coach John Baldoni explains how
to instill initiative in your employees. Also, check out
his other three-minute podcasts on developing your
managerial skills and your staff.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8007&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=52027151&s=4&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **