Subject: Nature Genetics Contents: September 2006 Vol. 38 pp. 959 - 1087

From: "Nature Genetics"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:36:22 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

September 2006, Volume 38 No 9

| Editorial

| Correspondence

| Book Review

| News and Views

| Research Highlights

| Perspective

| Analysis

| Brief Communications

| Articles

| Letters

ADVERTISEMENT

This alert is supported by deCODE

The natural choice for genotyping

deCODE offers rapid, reliable and high-quality microsatellite and SNP genotyping services. We now offer genome-wide scans with SNP arrays. Ask us about fine-mapping, whole-genome amplification and DNA extraction. Choose ease, speed and affordability.

Contact us today to learn more about our genotyping services: [email-masked] www.decode.com/genotyping

Nature Methods presents a user’s guide to RNA interference Pioneers and expert users of the technology provide practical advice for using RNA interference as a research tool in mammalian systems. Read this special focus in the September 2006 issue of Nature Methods or access it free online through November. Visit here for further details.

Editorial

Top

Structural variants deconstruct the genome p959

doi:10.1038/ng0906-959

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Correspondence

Top

The ciliary proteome database: an integrated community resource for the genetic and functional dissection of cilia pp961 - 962

Adrian Gherman, Erica E Davis & Nicholas Katsanis

doi:10.1038/ng0906-961

Full Text | PDF

Testing for association between MeCP2 and the brahma-associated SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex pp962 - 964

Keping Hu, Xinsheng Nan, Adrian Bird & Weidong Wang

doi:10.1038/ng0906-962

Full Text | PDF

Reply to "Testing for association between MeCP2 and the brahma-associated SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex" pp964 - 967

KN Harikrishnan, Sharmistha Pal, Michael Yarski, Emma K Baker, Maggie Z Chow, Michelle G de Silva, Jun Okabe, Li Wang, Peter L Jones, Said Sif & Assam El-Osta

doi:10.1038/ng0906-964

Full Text | PDF

Iron homeostasis in the brain: complete iron regulatory protein 2 deficiency without symptomatic neurodegeneration in the mouse pp967 - 969

Bruno Galy, Sabine M Holter, Thomas Klopstock, Dunja Ferring, Lore Becker, Sylvia Kaden, Wolfgang Wurst, Hermann-Josef Grone & Matthias W Hentze

doi:10.1038/ng0906-967

Full Text | PDF

Reply to "Iron homeostasis in the brain: complete iron regulatory protein 2 deficiency without symptomatic neurodegeneration in the mouse" pp969 - 970

Manik C Ghosh, Hayden Ollivierre-Wilson, Sharon Cooperman & Tracey A Rouault

doi:10.1038/ng0906-969

Full Text | PDF

Genetic testing: care, consent and liability p970

Neil F Sharpe

doi:10.1038/ng0906-970

Full Text | PDF

Book Review

Top

The magnum opus of a tough scientist p971

Reviewed by: Nori Satoh

doi:10.1038/ng0906-971

Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

Chromosome instability leaves its mark pp973 - 974

Jonathan R Pollack

doi:10.1038/ng0906-973

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Letter by Carter et al.

Genome structural variation and sporadic disease traits pp974 - 976

James R Lupski

doi:10.1038/ng0906-974

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Brief Communication by Koolen et al.  | Letter by Shaw-Smith et al.  | Letter by Sharp et al.

Reversal of fortune pp976 - 977

Lubov Timchenko

doi:10.1038/ng0906-976

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Letter by Mahadevan et al.

A Hopscotch-chromatin connection pp977 - 979

Aurel Betz & James E Darnell

doi:10.1038/ng0906-977

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Letter by Shi et al.

Protein expression tells only half the story pp979 - 980

Susanna K Remold

doi:10.1038/ng0906-979

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: Article by Knight et al.

Touching base p981

doi:10.1038/ng0906-981

Full Text | PDF

Research Highlights

Top

Research highlights p983

doi:10.1038/ng0906-983

Full Text | PDF

Perspective

Top

How genetic analysis tests theories of animal aging pp985 - 991

Siegfried Hekimi

doi:10.1038/ng1881

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Analysis

Top

Multiple knockout analysis of genetic robustness in the yeast metabolic network pp993 - 998

David Deutscher, Isaac Meilijson, Martin Kupiec & Eytan Ruppin

doi:10.1038/ng1856

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

A new chromosome 17q21.31 microdeletion syndrome associated with a common inversion polymorphism pp999 - 1001

David A Koolen, Lisenka E L M Vissers, Rolph Pfundt, Nicole de Leeuw, Samantha JL Knight, Regina Regan, R Frank Kooy, Edwin Reyniers, Corrado Romano, Marco Fichera, Albert Schinzel, Alessandra Baumer, Britt-Marie Anderlid, Jacqueline Schoumans, Nine V Knoers, Ad Geurts van Kessel, Erik A Sistermans, Joris A Veltman, Han G Brunner & Bert B A de Vries

doi:10.1038/ng1853

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Lupski

In silico method for inferring genotypes in pedigrees pp1002 - 1004

Joshua T Burdick, Wei-Min Chen, Goncalo R Abecasis & Vivian G Cheung

doi:10.1038/ng1863

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

Characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster genome at the nuclear lamina pp1005 - 1014

Helen Pickersgill, Bernike Kalverda, Elzo de Wit, Wendy Talhout, Maarten Fornerod & Bas van Steensel

doi:10.1038/ng1852

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Unraveling adaptive evolution: how a single point mutation affects the protein coregulation network pp1015 - 1022

Christopher G Knight, Nicole Zitzmann, Sripadi Prabhakar, Robin Antrobus, Raymond Dwek, Holger Hebestreit & Paul B Rainey

doi:10.1038/ng1867

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Remold

Molecular analysis of flies selected for aggressive behavior pp1023 - 1031

Herman A Dierick & Ralph J Greenspan

doi:10.1038/ng1864

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Letters

Top

Microdeletion encompassing MAPT at chromosome 17q21.3 is associated with developmental delay and learning disability pp1032 - 1037

Charles Shaw-Smith, Alan M Pittman, Lionel Willatt, Howard Martin, Lisa Rickman, Susan Gribble, Rebecca Curley, Sally Cumming, Carolyn Dunn, Dimitrios Kalaitzopoulos, Keith Porter, Elena Prigmore, Ana C V Krepischi-Santos, Monica C Varela, Celia P Koiffmann, Andrew J Lees, Carla Rosenberg, Helen V Firth, Rohan de Silva & Nigel P Carter

doi:10.1038/ng1858

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Lupski

Discovery of previously unidentified genomic disorders from the duplication architecture of the human genome pp1038 - 1042

Andrew J Sharp, Sierra Hansen, Rebecca R Selzer, Ze Cheng, Regina Regan, Jane A Hurst, Helen Stewart, Sue M Price, Edward Blair, Raoul C Hennekam, Carrie A Fitzpatrick, Rick Segraves, Todd A Richmond, Cheryl Guiver, Donna G Albertson, Daniel Pinkel, Peggy S Eis, Stuart Schwartz, Samantha J L Knight & Evan E Eichler

doi:10.1038/ng1862

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Lupski

A signature of chromosomal instability inferred from gene expression profiles predicts clinical outcome in multiple human cancers pp1043 - 1048

Scott L Carter, Aron C Eklund, Isaac S Kohane, Lyndsay N Harris & Zoltan Szallasi

doi:10.1038/ng1861

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Pollack

CFH haplotypes without the Y402H coding variant show strong association with susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration pp1049 - 1054

Mingyao Li, Pelin Atmaca-Sonmez, Mohammad Othman, Kari E H Branham, Ritu Khanna, Michael S Wade, Yun Li, Liming Liang, Sepideh Zareparsi, Anand Swaroop & Goncalo R Abecasis

doi:10.1038/ng1871

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Common variation in three genes, including a noncoding variant in CFH, strongly influences risk of age-related macular degeneration pp1055 - 1059

Julian Maller, Sarah George, Shaun Purcell, Jes Fagerness, David Altshuler, Mark J Daly & Johanna M Seddon

doi:10.1038/ng1873

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Augmentation of tumor angiogenesis by a Myc-activated microRNA cluster pp1060 - 1065

Michael Dews, Asal Homayouni, Duonan Yu, Danielle Murphy, Cinzia Sevignani, Erik Wentzel, Emma E Furth, William M Lee, Greg H Enders, Joshua T Mendell & Andrei Thomas-Tikhonenko

doi:10.1038/ng1855

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Reversible model of RNA toxicity and cardiac conduction defects in myotonic dystrophy pp1066 - 1070

Mani S Mahadevan, Ramesh S Yadava, Qing Yu, Sadguna Balijepalli, Carla D Frenzel-McCardell, T David Bourne & Lawrence H Phillips

doi:10.1038/ng1857

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Timchenko

JAK signaling globally counteracts heterochromatic gene silencing pp1071 - 1076

Song Shi, Healani C Calhoun, Fan Xia, Jinghong Li, Long Le & Willis X Li

doi:10.1038/ng1860

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Betz and Darnell

Population genomic analysis of outcrossing and recombination in yeast pp1077 - 1081

Douglas M Ruderfer, Stephen C Pratt, Hannah S Seidel & Leonid Kruglyak

doi:10.1038/ng1859

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Dual feedback loops in the GAL regulon suppress cellular heterogeneity in yeast pp1082 - 1087

Stephen A Ramsey, Jennifer J Smith, David Orrell, Marcello Marelli, Timothy W Petersen, Pedro de Atauri, Hamid Bolouri & John D Aitchison

doi:10.1038/ng1869

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Top

Read the Conflict of Interest and the JID editorial from the upcoming issue of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology. Visit the Journal of Investigative Dermatology online at www.jidonline.org.

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Managing Subeditor | | Genetics|Physics|Chemistry|Astronomy / Astrophysics|Earth science| | | Nature Publishing Group | | London, United Kingdom |
| | |
| Scientist | | Agriculture|Genetics|Gene Therapy|Molecular Genetics|Biological Sciences| | | Agricultural Research Service | | Pullman, WA
| | |
| Postdoctoral Research Scientist | | Physiology|Genetics|Gene Therapy|Biochemistry|Biomedical Sciences| | | Babraham Institute | | Cambridge, United Kingdom
| | |
| Associate Scientist-Bioinformatics | | Bioinformatics|Genetics and Genomics|Immunology| | | Genentech, Inc. | | South San Francisco, CA 94080
| | |
| Exceptional Scientists | | Biochemistry|Immunology|Virology|Cell Biology|Developmental Biology|Neuroscience|Ecology|Bioinformatics|Physical Biology| | | The Rockefeller University | | New York, NY
| | |
| Faculty Position | | Biochemistry|Cell Biology|Genetics|Biophysics|Optics / Lasers| | | UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute | | Los Angeles, CA
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Genetics. To purchase a subscription, please visit secure.nature.com/subscribe/ng

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group