Subject: Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine - Table of Contents alert Volume 3 Issue 10

From: "Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine Alert"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:39:51 -0400 (EDT)

| | Accessibility statement Jump to content

NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG

|

An official publication of the World Heart Federation

| | MY ACCOUNT  |  E-ALERTS  |  SUBSCRIBE  |  REGISTER

TABLE OF CONTENTS

| |

October 2006
Volume 3 Number 10

Editorial
Viewpoint
Research Highlights
Practice Points
Reviews
Case Study

Recommend this journal to your library

| |

EDITORIAL | Top

Acute cerebrovascular syndrome: time for new terminology for acute brain ischemia
Gregory W Albers
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0679 | Full Text | PDF

VIEWPOINT | Top

Identification of women with heart disease: a missed opportunity
Sharonne N Hayes
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0678 | Full Text | PDF

RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS | Top

Leukocyte counts are associated with components of the metabolic syndrome
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0622 | Full Text | PDF

Pacemaker diagnostics in premature atrial contraction suppression
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0641 | Full Text | PDF

Manual versus automated chest compression for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0642 | Full Text | PDF

Is a lower target blood pressure needed to prevent coronary atherosclerosis progression?
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0643 | Full Text | PDF

CARE-HF extension demonstrates a sustained benefit of CRT
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0644 | Full Text | PDF

Elevated serum retinol-binding protein 4 is a marker of insulin resistance
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0645 | Full Text | PDF

Fish oil does not seem to protect against ventricular arrhythmia in patients with ICDs
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0646 | Full Text | PDF

'Rapid access' chest pain clinics identify patients at high risk of cardiovascular events
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0647 | Full Text | PDF

Tissue-specific gene mutations might predispose individuals to idiopathic AF
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0648 | Full Text | PDF

Bosentan: a new therapy for Eisenmenger syndrome?
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0649 | Full Text | PDF

Microvascular perfusion in the myocardium after infarction
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0650 | Full Text | PDF

Cardiovascular risk markers reduced in individuals who follow a Mediterranean diet
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0651 | Full Text | PDF

First-trimester exposure to ACE inhibitors is associated with congenital malformations
doi:10.1038/ncpneph0256 | Full Text | PDF

PRACTICE POINTS | Top

Does clopidogrel pretreatment counteract the benefits of off-pump CABG surgery?
Kimberley Skelding and Peter B Berger
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0652 | Full Text | PDF

Is elevated cardiovascular risk a class effect of cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors?
Scott D Solomon
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0680 | Full Text | PDF

Can 32-detector-row CT exclude significant stenoses in coronary artery disease patients with high calcium scores?
Jean-Christophe Cornily and Zahi A Fayad
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0674 | Full Text | PDF

Is sitaxsentan a safe and efficacious treatment for pulmonary arterial hypertension?
Marius M Hoeper
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0675 | Full Text | PDF

Laparoscopy-assisted abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: a future standard of care?
Roberto Chiesa and Massimiliano M Marrocco-Trischitta
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0676 | Full Text | PDF

REVIEWS | Top

Apolipoprotein A-I mimetic peptides and their role in atherosclerosis prevention
Mohamad Navab, GM Anantharamaiah, Srinivasa T Reddy and Alan M Fogelman
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0661 | Full Text | PDF

Therapy Insight: malignant primary cardiac tumors
Michael J Reardon, Jon-Cecil Walkes and Robert Benjamin
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0653 | Full Text | PDF

Technology Insight: in vivo cell tracking by use of MRI
Walter J Rogers, Craig H Meyer and Christopher M Kramer
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0659 | Full Text | PDF

Mechanisms of Disease: erythropoietin—an old hormone with a new mission?
Danilo Fliser, Ferdinand H Bahlmann, Kirsten deGroot and Hermann Haller
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0609 | Full Text | PDF

CASE STUDY | Top

Recurrent syncope: an unusual presentation of Brugada syndrome
Begoña Benito and Josep Brugada
doi:10.1038/ncpcardio0677 | Full Text | PDF

| Top

| |
| | We invite you to join us at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions, which will take place in Chicago, IL from November 12–15, 2006. Visit us at Booth 452, and pick up your complimentary copy of the latest issue of Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine, a peer-reviewed journal for cardiologists in clinical practice. You can also pick up an order form to save 25% off your personal subscription. We look forward to seeing you there! | |
| |

ADVERTISEMENT

The contents of the January 2006 issue of Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine are available for free. Please note that you will need to be a subscriber or site-license holder to enjoy full-text access to subsequent issues. In order to do so, please purchase a subscription or learn more about site licenses.

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: www.nature.com/nams/svc/myaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston