Subject: CIO Insider: How IT Supercharges NASCAR

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:02:39 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - Your guide to CIO.com

February 2, 2006

How IT Supercharges NASCAR
The nation's number one spectator sport, NASCAR starts
this month at Daytona. With IT powering its marketing
engines under the hood, it's sure to rev loudly in
the ears of millions. CIO tells you how it's done.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10043&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Web 2.0 and the Enterprise (Part 2)
2. Analyst Report: A Future for Outsourcing
3. Security Worthy of Mt. Olympus
4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Lumigent

Effective RDBMS Security Management White Paper:

Databases contain a company's most valuable assets -- its data.
Securing this data is non-negotiable. This white paper discusses
how to secure your organization's data while reducing the time
from detection to response to efficiently manage your security
and risk.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10044&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Web 2.0 and the Enterprise (Part 2)
Searching might seem like a basic concept, right? So why
has it taken so long for it to be used in something other
than Google or Yahoo? Michael Jung makes a great
observation in his Venture Watch blog.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8227&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

2. Analyst Report: A Future for Outsourcing
According to Compass America, an effective approach to
outsourcing focuses on future goals and requirements and
extends beyond price. Find out why.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9986&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Actuate

Benefits of a consolidated enterprise reporting platform

Webcast reveals findings from a commissioned Forrester
Consulting study that support consolidating enterprise-reporting
technologies onto a single platform including details on
the related costs, benefits and risks.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10045&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Security Worthy of Mt. Olympus
While Olympic athletes are intensely preparing for the
games, 1,200 IT professionals are also limbering their
wrists and strengthening their fingers in training
exercises to protect against viruses and hacker attacks.
Here's the scoop from CIO.com.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10046&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries
CIO magazine is now accepting applications for technology
innovators and success stories. Winners of the 19th annual
competition will be announced at the CIO 100 Symposium &
Awards Ceremony Aug. 20-22, 2006, at the Hotel del Coronado,
Coronado, CA. Find out more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9828&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO magazine? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=49632511&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **