Subject: New Programs Added at LinuxWorld Conference & Expo

From: "LinuxWorld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:42:04 -0700

********************************************
This eNewsletter is sponsored by AMCC
AMCC's 3ware® RAID controllers deliver robust fault-tolerance,
capacities up to 36TB and cutting edge performance exceeding
800MB/sec RAID 5 reads and 380MB/sec RAID 5 writes. Unique
architectural advancements and powerful SATA II features like
3Gb/s and NCQ deliver unmatched performance, data availability,
and system reliability.   For more information go to
http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata2-9000.asp   
********************************************

http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1442616&c=761377646&m=m&type=3

Dear DAVID HARRIS,

Thank you for registering for LinuxWorld Conference & Expo® San
Francisco, August 14-17, 2006. This is the first in a series of
eNewsletters highlighting conference and expo highlights, new
programs, and the latest industry trends and how you can learn
about them at LinuxWorld.

Enjoy!

LinuxWorld Adds Two New Programs to the Conference Schedule

PalmSource Developer Day and Novell Best of Brainshare were
recently added to the LinuxWorld conference schedule. Both
programs are included in the Passport and 3-day Conference
Packages, or can be purchased for a small fee by all other
conference attendees. 

Novell Best of Brainshare - Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday,
August 16
http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1442612&c=761377646&m=m&type=3

Enhance your skill set and achieve maximum business impact for
all your projects by drawing on expertise, insight, and
real-world examples from throughout the Linux and open source
community. Experience the Best of Novell BrainShare while
attending LinuxWorld. Popular speakers will present top-tier
technical sessions that will expand your knowledge and increase
your net worth - it doesn't get much better than that! 

PalmSource Developer Day - Wednesday, August 16
http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/ct/ct.php?t=1442613&c=761377646&m=m&type=3

This track is for Linux Application Developers who are
interested in taking their applications mobile! Get an overview
of the components of the new leading platform for mobile
devices--the ACCESS Linux Platform (ALP). If you are a Linux
Application Developer, this track gives you early access and
hands-on experience building applications for this new platform.

Be Part of History - Donate Your Linux-related Artifacts

The Computer History Museum, in conjunction with LinuxWorld
Conference & Expo®, is conducting a nation-wide search for
Linux and open source-related memorabilia for additions to the
museum's collection in Mountain View, CA.

With the 15th anniversary of the kernel upon us, now seems like
the perfect opportunity to preserve this revolutionary part of
computer history.

Currently, the museum is looking for artifacts that are unique
and at least 10 years old (prior to 1996).  

Examples are:
• Historical prototypes
• Early business plans for Linux and open source companies
• Early photographs of key figures in the Linux and open
source movement
• Software releases 
• Promotional materials and tchotchkes
• Video tapes related to significant milestones in Linux
history
• Source code

If you are interested in donating an item, please visit the
museum website and fill out an online donation form. Go to:
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/donateArtifact/donation.php

When filling out the form please use explicit and sufficient
detail about the artifact, what makes the donation worthy and
why it is significant. The deadline to submit an item for this
program is Friday, July 21, 2006.  Please state in the subject
line that this is in conjunction with the Linux World Conference
& Expo. You will be notified if your artifact is to be selected
into the museum's collection shortly thereafter.

A museum panel will select the best artifact submitted which
will be displayed in the Computer History Museum booth at
LinuxWorld Conference & Expo San Francisco, August 14-17, 2006. 

If you have any questions about the program, please contact
Briana Pontremoli at (508) 424-4811 or [email-masked]
or Bob Stetson at (650) 510-1036 or [email-masked].

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco! For more
information, visit the LinuxWorld website at
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/sf.

This message was intended for [email-masked]
We want to provide you with the most relevant information.

Click below to do the following:
* Change your email preferences
* Update your information
* Opt-out from our email programs

http://emessaging.vertexcommunication.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=wjvfou&action=update&eemail=[email-masked]
IDG World Expo, 3 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701
800-657-1474

----Powered by Vertex Communications----
http://www.vertexcommunication.com/contact.htm