Subject: CIO Insider: The Worst Job in IT?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:49:14 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

March 14, 2006

The Worst Job in IT?

It's not the CIO anymore, but your staff. The poor,
overburdened souls who have to offload work to external
service providers without support mechanisms in place.
What can you do to help your team?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10964&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Microsoft to Fix Your Development Problems
2. Walking Away from IT that Works
3. CIO.com News - The Fastest IT News Coverage

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Redsprite

Shaping the Future: Transforming Your Enterprise for Sustained
Market Leadership 

Learn how business transformation is helping organizations
innovate and break free of constraints, thus achieving new
levels of growth. 

To receive your free white paper on how enterprises are taking
IT and business process to new levels thus achieving sustainable
breakthrough results, please take a moment to answer a survey
of IT executives. For each completed survey, Redsprite will
contribute $15 to the Katrina Relief Fund.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10971&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Microsoft to Fix Your Development Problems

IBM, Telelogic and Borland are about to get some big-time
competition in the developer space. Microsoft is going
to launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation
Server later this month. Chris Lindquist provides the 
inside scoop in his blog, Tech LinkLetter.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10966&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

2. Walking Away from IT that Works

Joe Graves, director of IT at Stratus Technologies, had
to abandon an IT system that was working just fine. Why?
Christopher Koch covers the scenario in his blog,
IT Strategy.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10967&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Iron Mountain

Protecting Backup Data: Best Practices You Can't Afford to Overlook

Join the experts as they provide the latest trends,
technologies and tips on data protection and recovery.
Discover how to ensure that data is always available to
the right people at the right time. Watch this Webcast now.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10972&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. CIO.com News - The Fastest IT News Coverage

CIO.com brought you BlackBerry settlement coverage.
CIO.com brought you the SAP ad debunkment study. CIO.com
news brings you the headlines when you need them. Check
CIO.com daily or subscribe via RSS.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=701&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=54908719&s=5&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **