Subject: CIO Insider: Can You Make Money with Free Code?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:09:48 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

February 16, 2006

Can You Make Money with Free Code?
The new business of open source is becoming an integral
part of corporate IT infrastructures. It's critical for
CIOs to understand the companies that sell open source
software and the communities that create the code.
CIO sheds light.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10322&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. What Kind of CIO Are You?
2. Learn How to Collaborate with Big Companies
3. Where CIOs Report and What They're Buying
4. Podcast: Open Ajax Consortium Looks to Ease Development

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Lumigent

Effective RDBMS Security Management White Paper: 

Databases contain a company's most valuable assets -- its
data. Securing this data is non-negotiable. This white paper
discusses how to secure your organization's data while
reducing the time from detection to response to efficiently
manage your security and risk.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10044&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1
-------------------------------------------------------

1. What Kind of CIO Are You?
Are you using IT to drive transactions or to generate
business transformation? According to CXO President
Michael Friedenberg, the important goal is to create
a competitive advantage.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10323&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

2. Learn How to Collaborate with Big Companies
Using basic technology such as web-based EDI applications,
inventory management systems and off-the-shelf security
software, small and midsize companies can work seamlessly
with larger partners. If it worked for Snak King, it
could work for you. Find out how.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10022&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Redsprite

Shaping the Future: Transforming Your Enterprise for Sustained
Market Leadership 

Learn how business transformation is helping organizations
innovate and break free of constraints, thus achieving new
levels of growth. 

To receive your free white paper on how enterprises are
taking IT and business process to new levels thus achieving
sustainable breakthrough results, please take a moment to
answer a survey of IT executives: 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=6852&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1
-------------------------------------------------------

3. Where CIOs Report and What They're Buying
CIO's Research Director Lorraine Cosgrove digests some
research from Hacket Group, GroupSystems and Forrester
on the increasing value of CIOs and their usefulness on
the management committee.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8851&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

4. Podcast: Open Ajax Consortium Looks to Ease Development
Laszlo Systems' CTO David Temkin explains that while the
consortium would work to provide basic frameworks for Ajax,
the challenge still lies with finding a good client-side
developer. Listen in or download here:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8228&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=51705324&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **