Subject: CIO Insider: The ChoicePoint Controversy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:33:26 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The hitchhikers guide to the 
CIO.com galaxy.

February 9, 2006

The ChoicePoint Controversy
$15 million may be a lot of money, but the real issue
behind the ChoicePoint penalty is the $5 million
earmarked for consumer redress. Is it enough? It might
not be, according to Senior Editor Sarah Scalet.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10142&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Does the Internet Make Software Better?
2. Behind the Closed Doors of an IT Marketing Campaign
3. How to Get Involved With GPL3
4. Podcast: Value Your Mistakes

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Active Reasoning

Avoiding the IT Compliance Black Hole

Get "IT Compliance for Dummies," the plain English guide to
sustainable IT compliance practices. Yours free from the 
IT Control Automation experts at Active Reasoning.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10144&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Does the Internet Make Software Better?
It's a battle royale! Vendor platforms vs. the Internet
platform. What's going to happen as Web savvy up-and-
comers fight for enterprise software supremacy? More
importantly, will this make software better for you? CIO
Executive Editor Christopher Koch examines the fight card.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=1181&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

2. Behind the Closed Doors of an IT Marketing Campaign
Back in 1999, Simmons Bedding's IT department was
struggling. Since then, CIO Wade Vann's overhaul and 
internal marketing campaign has worked a veritable miracle,
turning IT's worst critics into its loudest advocates.
What's his secret?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10182&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Interwise

Your Place or Mine? Web/Audio Conferencing Deployment Options:

Join Gartner analyst Jeffrey Mann for a discussion of the
development of the conferencing market, and how to decide
which deployment model(s) make sense for you. 

Register for this event today and you will also receive a
complimentary copy of the recent Gartner research note that
describes why communication and collaboration through Web
Conferencing is becoming one of the Top Five CIO priorities.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9722&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. How to Get Involved With GPL3
Guest blogger Bernard Golden of Navica explains the issues
regarding the latest General Public License draft and how
you can offer comments and feedback.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=265&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

4. Podcast: Value Your Mistakes
In this pod, executive coach John Baldoni explains how to
make the most of your mistakes. Also, check out his other
podcasts providing you with short, time-sensitive lessons
to develop your managerial skills, as well as your staff.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8007&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=50512034&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **