Subject: Announcing lower prices, eliminated fees and improved service

From: Schwab July eBulletin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:56:59 -0600

Charles Schwab and Co., Inc.
eBulletin
July 2006
A Monthly Newsletter for Schwab Independent Investors 

===============================================================
Announcing lower prices and improved services

Over the past year, we've received useful feedback from many of
our clients. We heard that you want us to make our prices simpler
and more straightforward, and to make our services more
responsive.

Responding to your comments, we've made several improvements to
make working with us a better experience. Effective since
July 1, 2006, these new changes include: 

- LOWERED, SIMPLIFIED PRICING for equity, option, mutual fund
  and bond transactions. Online equity trades are now $12.95
  (for the first 1,000 shares, plus $0.015 for each additional
  share) -- down from $19.95. Many continue to pay a flat $9.95. 

- ELIMINATION OF NUISANCE FEES, such as Schwab One(R) ATM access,
  Schwab One check orders, Schwab BillPay(R), check stop-payments,
  and branch check pick-up. 

- EXTENDING PREMIUM MARKET RESEARCH AND INSIGHT TO ALL CLIENTS
  such as personalized, quarterly portfolio reports, leading
  third-party market research, informative webcasts and more. 

- IMPROVING OUR 24/7 PHONE SERVICES, so when you call us you can
  expect a quicker response and a better overall experience. 

We are committed to continuously improving our services and
enhancing your experience at Schwab. As always, your feedback is
very helpful, so keep talking. We're listening.

Learn more
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125045&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

For more details on pricing, view the new CHARLES SCHWAB PRICING
GUIDE FOR INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS.

Download
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125040&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

===============================================================
Help is always available. 

  o Email us via secure email
    http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125041&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
  o Call us at 1-800-435-4000 
  o Visit your nearest branch
    http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125043&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
  o Subscribe to other Email Alerts
    http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125035&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
  o Read Schwab's Market Insights online
    http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125038&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

---------------------------------------------------------------
Want detailed reports on your portfolio?

Now get the Schwab Quarterly Portfolio Profile(TM) for insight
on the performance of the securities in your portfolio.

Subscribe today
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125028&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
===============================================================
Investor Highlights

Make the most of your cash

With the recent increases in interest rates, cash can become a
more important part of your investment strategy. With higher
yields today, cash investment choices provide flexibility
with new opportunities to maximize earnings. Here are three
investments to consider: 

 o Money market funds can offer competitive yields along
   with next-day liquidity when you sell shares of the fund.
   Schwab Value Advantage Money Fund(R) is currently offering a
   highly competitive 7-day yield.
   
   Learn more
   http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125030&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
   
 o Schwab CD OneSource(TM) has hundreds of CDs that can be
   filtered by rate and maturity to meet your liquidity needs.
   
   Login for Details
   http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125031&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

 o For your longer-term cash needs, consider ultra-short bond
   funds that can provide higher yields than money market funds
   with a small increased risk to principal.
   
   YieldPlus
   http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125046&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

Find our top-rated stocks with the Schwab Composite Stock List

Our weekly Composite Stock List combines the proven Schwab Equity
Ratings methodology and Schwab's market viewpoint to provide you
with a selection of top-rated stocks from all ten sectors. Use
the list as a research tool as you search to uncover new
opportunities to fit your investment strategy. You'll find it
updated weekly on schwab.com. 

Learn more
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125034&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

===============================================================
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the
prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and
expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at
800 435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before
investing.

Investment value will fluctuate, and shares, when redeemed, may
be worth more or less than original cost.

An investment in a money market fund is neither insured nor
guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. Although
the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1
per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
Please note that bank deposits are FDIC insured up to $100,000
while non-bank investment products have no such guarantees. 

Brokerage Products: Not FDIC Insured; No Bank Guarantee;
May Lose Value

===============================================================
Client Log In:
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125029&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

===============================================================
To unsubscribe or modify your Email Alert customization 
options, log in to My Alerts.
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125039&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

===============================================================
Certificates of Deposit are offered through Charles Schwab & Co.
Unlike mutual funds, certificates of deposit offer a fixed rate
of return and are FDIC insured. 

To unsubscribe or modify your Email Alert customization options,
log in to My Alerts.
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125042&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

This is not a secure channel. To send an email regarding your
account at Schwab, please do so within the secure channel of the
Schwab Customer Center.
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125032&m=100380005yjhn00085938d

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank, N.A. are
separate but affiliated companies and wholly-owned subsidiaries
of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and
services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC,
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125037&m=100380005yjhn00085938d
and are not FDIC insured, are not guaranteed deposits or
obligations of Charles Schwab Bank, N.A., and are subject to
investment risk, including possible loss of the principal
invested. Deposit and lending products and services are offered
by Schwab Bank, Member FDIC.

===============================================================
Notice: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate
email system may be retained, monitored, and/or reviewed by
Schwab personnel.

The Schwab Stock Lists, Schwab Equity Ratings and other material
are for informational purposes only and are not an offer to sell
or the solicitation. Additionally, Schwab Equity Ratings and the
general guidance are not personal recommendations for any
particular investor or client and do not take into account the
financial, investment or other objectives or needs of, and may
not be suitable for any particular investor or client. Before
buying, investors and clients should consider whether the
investment is suitable. Investors and clients should consider
Schwab Equity Ratings as only a single factor in making their
investment decision while taking into account the current market
environment. Schwab Stock lists and Schwab Equity Ratings are
generally updated weekly, so you should review and consider any
recent market or company news before taking any action. Stocks
may go down as well as up and investors (including clients) may
lose money, including their original investment. Past history is
no indication of future performance and returns are not
guaranteed.

(C)2006 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
Member SIPC. (0706-6106)
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=125037&m=100380005yjhn00085938d