Subject: We Can Clean Up Ohio's Elections

From: Tom Vilsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:18:05 -0500

Dear David,
 
It's time to restore fairness and integrity to the electoral process
in our country. Here's how we start: in Ohio, in 2006. I know the
candidate to do it. Her name is Jennifer Brunner. Heartland PAC
endorses her for Ohio Secretary of State.

We thought it could never get worse than Florida in 2000 -- but in
2004, Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell ran an election that was
flawed in every imaginable way.

We remember how Blackwell pulled out the stops to frustrate voters:
the confusing decisions that caused literally tens of thousands of
provisional ballots to be tossed in the garbage. The long lines in
the rain with two voting machines, while voters in Republican areas
breezed through the polls. The threats to reject every voter
registration form handed in on paper of the wrong weight.

Well, Blackwell is at it again: manipulating election laws for
himself and his Republican allies. This is intolerable -- and that's
why it's urgent to get an Ohio secretary of state dedicated to
cleaning up Ohio elections and restoring a process that is free,
fair, open and honest.

Jennifer Brunner needs your support and every dollar this community
contributes to her campaign, Heartland PAC will match -- up to
$10,000. 

Campaigns like Brunner's are often overlooked, but we know how
important they are. With twenty-two races for secretaries of state
who oversee elections in 2006, we need to underscore this
community's commitment to integrity and fairness to the electoral
process. In that spirit, consider adding 22 cents to your
contribution.

Say no to Blackwell's tricks, and yes to clean elections. Give now
to Brunner's campaign:

http://www.jenniferbrunner.com/contribute.asp

The New York Times blasted Blackwell this week for a new abuse of
power. He rushed 'emergency' rules into effect this spring that
leave Ohio volunteers in voter registration drives facing the risk of
criminal prosecution. It's a convenient trick, but the ultimate loser
if we let these systematic abuses continue is our democracy.

Now more than ever, we need to get rid of Blackwell and other
election officials who use their power to keep Americans from having
their voices heard.

Jennifer has the experience, training, and commitment to clean up
Ohio elections and restore confidence that voting is a right, not a
privilege. Go to her site. Read her resume and her four-point plan.
I'm confident you will agree that she is the right person at the
right time.

But she can't do it alone. She needs our help to implement her plan.
Help Brunner clean up Ohio elections -- contribute today, and we'll
match your contribution:

http://www.jenniferbrunner.com/contribute.asp

Blackwell and Ohio Republicans have spent years clamping down on the
right to vote, and keeping honest people away from the polls.
Brunner's opponent boasts of plans to make it harder exercise this
basic, fundamental right.

We cannot let them get away with that. We owe it to ourselves, if we
believe in a healthy democracy, to help Jennifer Brunner clean up
Ohio's elections. Every dollar you give today will mean two dollars
for Brunner -- so please, contribute to her campaign:

http://www.jenniferbrunner.com/contribute.asp

Best,

Tom Vilsack

P.S.: We start with Jennifer Brunner because our memories are still
fresh from Ohio in 2004, and because of our deep belief in her
competence and integrity. She needs our support -- contribute today:

http://www.jenniferbrunner.com/contribute.asp

-

--
You recieved this message because you are a member of the Heartland PAC online community. We want the community to work together and hope that you find this message important.

To unsubscribe, go to: http://www.heartlandpac.org/unsubscribe

Paid for by Heartland PAC * http://www.heartlandpac.org

This communication was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.