Subject: CIO Insider: Is Ajax Dangerous for Your Company?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:58:53 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

February 23, 2006

Is Ajax Dangerous for Your Company?
Looking like it might stick around for a while, Ajax
technology offers developers the tools to create rich
Web applications and interfaces without vast quantities
of code. But like a wild animal, it must be approached
with caution. Find out why.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10302&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

Podcast: Open Ajax Consortium Looks to Ease Development
CIO's Chris Lindquist interviews Laszlo Systems CTO David
Temkin about the future of Ajax development.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8228&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Why CIOs and CMOs Need Each Other
2. How Great Leaders Get Great Results
3. Stay on Top of the BlackBerry Saga
4. Salesforce.com Hires Former Siebel CTO

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Solidcore

Closing the Change Control Gap: A Solidcore webinar featuring IBM

Change Control is a critical requirement for implementing ITIL/ITSM, and for
meeting compliance requirements, such as Sarbanes-Oxley audits. Solidcore
invites you to a webinar on achieving control over IT change, featuring
IBM's Rick Nelson, Service Area Manager - ITSM, as a speaker. 

This webcast will present a heirarchy of change control requirements and
solutions, including:
* Real-time change visibility 
* Change accountability 
* Change reconciliation 
* Change policy enforcement.  

Register today for this informative webinar!
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10402&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Why CIOs and CMOs Need Each Other
Who's to blame when a company or brand fails to interact
with its customers? The problem actually lies with the
CIO and the CMO. Learn why the combination of people
and technology is so critical, then share your thoughts.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10371&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

2. How Great Leaders Get Great Results
Take a peek at CIO.com's latest book excerpt from
leadership consultant John Baldoni. In this passage,
Baldoni illustrates how Toyota's leadership is slowly
making it the number one auto manufacturer in the world.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10262&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Interwise

Your Place or Mine? Web/Audio Conferencing Deployment Options:

Join Gartner analyst Jeffrey Mann for a discussion of the
development of the conferencing market, and how to decide
which deployment model(s) make sense for you. 

Register for this event today and you will also receive a
complimentary copy of the recent Gartner research note that
describes why communication and collaboration through Web
Conferencing is becoming one of the Top Five CIO priorities.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9722&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Stay on Top of the BlackBerry Saga
Friday is a big day - the hearing date for whether or not
the patent ruling should result in a BlackBerry shutdown.
Stay in touch with everything that has transpired thus
far at CIO.com's BlackBerry on the Edge page.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9962&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

4. Salesforce.com Hires Former Siebel CTO
"Score one point for Salesforce.com," says Meridith
Levinson in her blog, Movers and Shakers. The company
snagged Bernard Pech from nemesis Siebel to develop
higher-end capabilities and draw in enterprise-level
customers. Get all the gory details here.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10423&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

Curious about who's doing what and where?
Check Levinson's blog regularly or subscribe via RSS.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=6003&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=52616678&s=2&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **