Subject: CIO Insider: BlackBerry Battle Ends

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:28:08 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - The scoop on what's happening at CIO.com.

March 7, 2006

BlackBerry Suit Settlement Reached

BlackBerry Users Rejoice! RIM will pay up and users
can continue to get U.S. service. Read the full story:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10722&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Read about the entire patent battle at CIO.com's
BlackBerry on the Edge page:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9962&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Want more tech news for CIOs? Make the CIO.com news
page part of your daily habit or subscribe via RSS.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=701&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. Cash In on a Richer Internet Experience
2. Does China Have a New Internet?
3. How to Manage Relationship Managers
4. Wanted: Business Process Experts

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by IBM

Join IBM for a Webcast - BPM & SOA: Better Together

Find out how business process management (BPM) and service-oriented
architecture (SOA) work together to drive dramatic improvements in
speed to market, cost effectiveness & profitability. Join our speaker,
industry analyst Jasmine Noel of Ptak & Noel, to hear tips to maximize
the effectiveness of your business.
Register at:

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10782&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Cash In on a Richer Internet Experience

Flash, AJAX and multimedia will add a new dimension to
the user experience at your sites. Interactivity often
equals increased profitability. Find out how to bolster
your e-commerce strategy.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10564&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Want to see what it looks like when it's done right?
View the screencast on CIO.com.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10723&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

2. Does China Have a New Internet?

It looks like China is the first nation to snub ICANN's
unwillingness to relinquish Internet authority to an
international body. But ICANN disagrees. CIO Senior
Writer Ben Worthen explores what's happening in his blog,
Net Effect.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10724&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by G3 - Sybase/Intel/HP

New Webcast: Putting Data to Work

As the amount of data threatens to overwhelm enterprises,
the pressure to use that information for competitive advantage
grows. CXO Editor Tom Field talks to industry experts from
Sybase, Intel and HP on how companies can get started turning
the data explosion into valuable business intelligence. Once
data processes are aligned with business goals, decision-makers
from C-level executives to line-of-business managers are armed
with real-time analytic information. From both a tactical and
strategic point of view, they're much better equipped to do
business smarter, and profitably. Click here to view:

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10503&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. How to Manage Relationship Managers

According to columnist N. Dean Meyer in the Beneath
the Buzz column, IT must have a sales and marketing
function. What happens when they trip up and create even
more problems? Meyer offers a better approach.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10726&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

4. Wanted: Business Process Experts

CIOs are increasingly assuming responsibility for business
process improvement. Why? Most projects involve the CIO's
team. But what qualifications are needed to be successful?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10727&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO Insider? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Services from CIO.com-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

CIO Executive Council

Viejas Enterprises opens its doors to CIOs for a special event.

Part of a fast-growing $20 billion industry, Viejas
Enterprises' casino opens its doors to qualified CIOs
on March 10 in Alpine, CA.  As a guest of Viejas' CIO,
you will experience a behind-the-scenes look at mission
critical systems that run the casino floor. Tour the
security infrastructure (no cameras allowed), and hear
from the CIO, CFO and CSO on high-availability systems,
real-time transaction processing, information and physical
security operations including digital fingerprinting and
biometric face recognition.

To request more information on this event, please visit: 
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10425&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=53967410&s=5&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **