Subject: CIO Insider: Find Big Savings with Big Outsourcing Deals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:24:08 -0500 (EST)

CIO Insider - Your guide to CIO.com

February 7, 2006

How to Find Big Savings with Big Outsourcing Deals
Looking to develop a successful outsourcing contract?
Have you considered "strategic partnership" with just
one vendor? Find out how Campbell Soup made it work for them.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10122&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

Also in this issue of the Insider:
1. The Never-Ending ChoicePoint Story
2. Chip-Based Driver's Licenses Pose Enormous Problems
3. Googling Up Confusion
4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by SSA Global

Start responding to customer demand in real time. Now. 

SSA Global extended ERP can make customer demand drive your
entire enterprise. We make the concept of demand-driven
supply chain a reality – built on processes, infrastructure,
and information flows that can sense and react to changing
demand in real time. Across a network of customers, employees,
and suppliers. 

Let's get started. Download Demand Drives: The 4 Top
Priorities for the Demand-Driven Enterprise, as well as
other solution guides and reports from SSA Global and AMR
Research.

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=8234&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

1. The Never-Ending ChoicePoint Story
Was the record-breaking $15 million settlement between
the Federal Trade Commission and ChoicePoint just a
random penalty? Will the $5 million settlement for 
consumer redress be enough? Sarah Scalet explores the
ramifications in the latest Alarmed column.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10142&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

2. Chip-Based Driver's Licenses Pose Enormous Problems
A new DHS mandate may cost states millions. Is it worth
it? Nonprofit watchdog group Citizens Against Government
Waste says no. What do you say?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=10143&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

-------------------------SPONSOR------------------------
This section of the CIO Insider is sponsored by IDC's CIO Summit

IDC IT FORUM & EXPO - JUNE 14-16, 2006, BOSTON, MA
Join hundreds of senior IT executives who are using IT to
drive business process transformation and innovation. The
IDC IT Forum & Expo CIO Summit offers practical, hands-on
solutions to the every day challenges CIOs face. 

http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=7784&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1
--------------------------------------------------------

3. Googling Up Confusion
Google says the old Google.com didn't work for
Chinese users and that's why Google.cn was needed. Not
so fast, say some researchers who claim it worked just fine.
Now the Chinese government has shut down access to the new
site. Confused? So is Constantine von Hoffman as he takes
a humorous look in his blog, Crashing the System.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9805&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

4. 2006 CIO 100 Awards Call For Entries
CIO magazine is now accepting applications for technology
innovators and success stories. Winners of the 19th annual
competition will be announced at the CIO 100 Symposium &
Awards Ceremony Aug. 20-22, 2006, at the Hotel del Coronado,
Coronado, CA. Find out more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9828&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

This newsletter is your guide to what's happening at CIO.com.
Please feel free to let me know what you want from the
CIO Insider.

Paul Kerstein
Web Editor
CXO Media
[email-masked]

Want more from CIO magazine? Check out our other
newsletters for up-to-date information on topics such
as leadership, enterprise technology, research and more.
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

*********************************************************
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
*********************************************************

You are receiving this issue of CIO Insider because
either you are a subscriber to our print publication,
or you have subscribed electronically to this newsletter.

If you would like to edit your newsletter preferences,
or to stop getting CIO Insider, please go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

Did you get the CIO Insider from a friend? Want it sent
directly to you? Go to:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=4648&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

If you are interested in advertising in this newsletter,
please contact Danielle Tetreault at [email-masked]
on the east coast or Jennell Hicks at [email-masked] on 
the west coast.

Want to get CIO magazine?
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=9030&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

CIO.com's online privacy policy is at:
http://www.cio.com/go/index.html?ID=223&PMID=50017846&s=1&f=1

Copyright CXO Media Inc., 1994-2006. All rights are reserved.

CXO Media Inc. is located at 492 Old Connecticut Path,
PO Box 9208, Framingham, Mass. 01701

**Please do not reply to this message. If you want to contact
someone directly, send e-mail to Joe Nguyen at [email-masked] **