Subject: Nature Cell Biology contents: September 2006 Volume 8 Number 9, pp 899 - 1038

From: "NatureCellBiologyAlert"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:39:49 -0400 (EDT)

| | NATURE.COM | | [email-masked] | | NATUREJOBS | | NATUREEVENTS | | ABOUT NPG |

|

SEARCH | | |

September 2006, Volume 8 No 9

| Editorial

| Book Review

| News and Views

| Articles

| Letters

| Brief Communications

| Corrigendum

| Erratum

ADVERTISEMENT

This alert is supported by Invitrogen

Share what you know.

Add comments, tips and advice to protocols published within Nature Protocols and Protocols Network. Share the experimental protocols that you've developed during your research. Visit our section 'for authors' for more information about submission online.

www.natureprotocols.com

Editorial

Top

Innate ability is academic p899

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-899

Full Text | PDF

Book Review

Top

Biotechnology politics p900

Reviewed by: Alan Irwin & Kevin Jones

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-900

Full Text | PDF

News and Views

Top

Only one spindle, if you please ... pp901 - 902

Isabelle Vernos

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-901

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Kinesin-8s: motoring and depolymerizing pp903 - 905

Claire E. Walczak

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-903

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Src transforms in a Cool way pp905 - 907

Jeffrey R. Peterson & Jonathan Chernoff

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-905

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

CFTR: helping to acidify macrophage lysosomes pp908 - 909

Joel Swanson

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-908

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Meiosis: separase strikes twice pp910 - 911

Marie-Emilie Terret & Prasad V. Jallepalli

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-910

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Articles

Top

Plus end-specific depolymerase activity of Kip3, a kinesin-8 protein, explains its role in positioning the yeast mitotic spindle pp913 - 923

Mohan L. Gupta, Pedro Carvalho, David M. Roof & David Pellman

doi:10.1038/ncb1457

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Walczak

Examining how the spatial organization of chromatin signals influences metaphase spindle assembly pp924 - 932

Jedidiah Gaetz, Zoher Gueroui, Albert Libchaber & Tarun M. Kapoor

doi:10.1038/ncb1455

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Vernos

CFTR regulates phagosome acidification in macrophages and alters bactericidal activity pp933 - 944

Anke Di, Mary E. Brown, Ludmila V. Deriy, Chunying Li, Frances L. Szeto, Yimei Chen, Ping Huang, Jiankun Tong, Anjaparavanda P. Naren, Vytautas Bindokas, H. Clive Palfrey & Deborah J. Nelson

doi:10.1038/ncb1456

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Swanson

Cool-1 functions as an essential regulatory node for EGFreceptor- and Src-mediated cell growth pp945 - 956

Qiyu Feng, Dan Baird, Xu Peng, Jianbin Wang, Thi Ly, Jun-Lin Guan & Richard A. Cerione

doi:10.1038/ncb1453

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Peterson and Chernoff

Letters

Top

Yeast kinesin-8 depolymerizes microtubules in a length-dependent manner pp957 - 962

Vladimir Varga, Jonne Helenius, Kozo Tanaka, Anthony A. Hyman, Tomoyuki U. Tanaka & Jonathon Howard

doi:10.1038/ncb1462

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Walczak

Phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate regulates the formation of the basolateral plasma membrane in epithelial cells pp963 - 970

Ama Gassama-Diagne, Wei Yu, Martin ter Beest, Fernando Martin-Belmonte, Arlinet Kierbel, Joanne Engel & Keith Mostov

doi:10.1038/ncb1461

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

The Legionella pneumophila effector protein DrrA is a Rab1 guanine nucleotide-exchange factor pp971 - 977

Takahiro Murata, Anna Delprato, Alyssa Ingmundson, Derek K. Toomre, David G. Lambright & Craig R. Roy

doi:10.1038/ncb1463

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Sequential functioning of the ECT-2 RhoGEF, RHO-1 and CDC-42 establishes cell polarity in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos pp978 - 985

Fumio Motegi & Asako Sugimoto

doi:10.1038/ncb1459

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

PIASy mediates NEMO sumoylation and NF-κB activation in response to genotoxic stress pp986 - 993

Angela M. Mabb, Shelly M. Wuerzberger-Davis & Shigeki Miyamoto

doi:10.1038/ncb1458

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Proteasome recruitment and activation of the Uch37 deubiquitinating enzyme by Adrm1 pp994 - 1002

Tingting Yao, Ling Song, Wei Xu, George N. DeMartino, Laurence Florens, Selene K. Swanson, Michael P. Washburn, Ronald C. Conaway, Joan Weliky Conaway & Robert E. Cohen

doi:10.1038/ncb1460

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

STIM1 carboxyl-terminus activates native SOC, Icrac and TRPC1 channels pp1003 - 1010

Guo N. Huang, Weizhong Zeng, Joo Young Kim, Joseph P. Yuan, Linhuang Han, Shmuel Muallem & Paul F. Worley

doi:10.1038/ncb1454

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Regulation of the Raf-MEK-ERK pathway by protein phosphatase 5 pp1011 - 1016

Alex von Kriegsheim, Andrew Pitt, G. Joan Grindlay, Walter Kolch & Amardeep S. Dhillon

doi:10.1038/ncb1465

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Leukaemic transformation by CALM-AF10 involves upregulation of Hoxa5 by hDOT1L pp1017 - 1024

Yuki Okada, Qi Jiang, Margot Lemieux, Lucie Jeannotte, Lishan Su & Yi Zhang

doi:10.1038/ncb1464

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Interactions between E2F1 and SirT1 regulate apoptotic response to DNA damage pp1025 - 1031

Chuangui Wang, Lihong Chen, Xinghua Hou, Zhenyu Li, Neha Kabra, Yihong Ma, Shino Nemoto, Toren Finkel, Wei Gu, W. Douglas Cress & Jiandong Chen

doi:10.1038/ncb1468

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Brief Communications

Top

Smc5-Smc6 mediate DNA double-strand-break repair by promoting sister-chromatid recombination pp1032 - 1034

Giacomo De Piccoli, Felipe Cortes-Ledesma, Gregory Ira, Jordi Torres-Rosell, Stefan Uhle, Sarah Farmer, Ji-Young Hwang, Felix Machin, Audrey Ceschia, Alexandra McAleenan, Violeta Cordon-Preciado, Andres Clemente-Blanco, Felip Vilella-Mitjana, Pranav Ullal, Adam Jarmuz, Beatriz Leitao, Debra Bressan, Farokh Dotiwala, Alma Papusha, Xiaolan Zhao, Kyungjae Myung, James E. Haber, Andres Aguilera & Luis Aragon

doi:10.1038/ncb1466

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

Essential CDK1-inhibitory role for separase during meiosis I in vertebrate oocytes pp1035 - 1037

Ingo H. Gorr, Alexandra Reis, Dominik Boos, Martin WUhr, Suzanne Madgwick, Keith T. Jones & Olaf Stemmann

doi:10.1038/ncb1467

Abstract | Full Text | PDF

See also: News and Views by Terret and Jallepalli

Corrigendum

Top

Corrigendum p1038

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-1038a

Full Text | PDF

Erratum

Top

Erratum p1038

doi:10.1038/ncb0906-1038b

Full Text | PDF

Top

Subscribe Today!

Ensure you are abreast of the most significant research in cell biology by subscribing to Nature Cell Biology. To subscribe visit: www.nature.com/tracker/ncb/180106B01/

ADVERTISEMENT

| |

| | Assistant or Associate Professor | | Cell Biology| | | Harvard Medical School-Cell Biology | | Boston, MA 02115 |
| | |
| Research Biologists - Molecular Oncology | | Medical/Healthcare | | Merck | | Montreal, New York, Washington D.C.
| | |
| Postdoctoral Fellows | | Immunology|Molecular Biology|Analytical Chemistry|Cell Biology|Biochemistry| | | Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences | | Vienna, Austria
| | |
| PhD-Student Position | | Molecular Biology|Cell Biology|Immunology|Zoology|Biological Sciences| | | University of Konstanz | | Konstanz, Germany 78457
| | |
| Assistant / Associate Professor | | Biological Sciences|Cell Biology|Molecular Biology|Microbiology|Developmental Biology| | | National Sun Yat-Sen University | | Kaohsiung, Taiwan
| | |
| Biochemist / Cell Biologist | | Biochemistry|Cell Biology|Chemistry|Biological Sciences|Biophysics| | | Eli Lilly and Company Limited | | Windlesham, United Kingdom
| | |

More Naturejobs

| |
| | | | | |

| |

| |

More Nature Products

More Nature Events

| |

Please note that you need to be a subscriber or site-licence holder to enjoy full-text access to Nature Cell Biology. To purchase a subscription, please visit secure.nature.com/subscribe/ncb

You have been sent this Table of Contents Alert because you have opted in to receive it. You can change or discontinue your e-mail alerts at any time, by modifying your preferences on your nature.com account at: nature.com/myaccount
yaccount
(You will need to log in to be recognised as a nature.com registrant)

For further technical assistance, please contact our registration department

For print subscription enquiries, please contact our subscription department

For other enquiries, please contact our customer feedback department

Nature Publishing Group | 75 Varick Street, 9th Floor | New York | NY 10013-1917 | USA

Nature Publishing Group's worldwide offices:
London - Paris - Munich - New Delhi - Tokyo - Melbourne
San Diego - San Francisco - Washington - New York - Boston

© 2006 Nature Publishing Group