Subject: Heads Up

From: "Kristen Olshanski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:01:42 -0500

Dear Friend,

Coinciding with Domestic Violence Awareness month, filmmaker Holly Mosher
will be releasing a new edition of her documentary Hummingbird this October.
The film highlights the work of two non-profit organizations in Brazil that
are helping women and children gain access to the necessary resources to
help build healthier futures and eradicate violence from their lives.  

By getting the film into the hands of others like you who share our
commitment to raising awareness to this silent epidemic, together we can
make a difference and inspire change.  You can view the trailer for the film
at our website www.hummingbirdmovie.com .

I invite you to share the below press release with others.  Please feel free
to contact me directly with any questions or to request a complimentary
screener copy and additional information. 

Warm Regards,

Kristen Olshanski
Marketing Associate
Hummingbird Pictures
(608)441-5304 direct
[email-masked]
www.hummingbirdmovie.com

NEWS RELEASE						For Information:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE				Cari Reisinger
September 26, 2007						(209)
736-6769

DVD Release Brings Attention to National Domestic Violence Awareness Month 

Film Documents Groups That Help Break the Cycle of Violence

Los Angeles, CA—Featured on PBS and at 25 film festivals around the world,
filmmaker and producer Holly Mosher’s award-winning film, Hummingbird, is
being released to DVD October, 1, 2007 for National Domestic Violence
Awareness Month.  Mosher’s 50-minute documentary brings attention to the
international issue of violence among women and children by telling the
story of two organizations that are finding creative ways to fight against
the alarming statistics.  

Hummingbird highlights the work of the Women’s Life Collective and the House
of Passage in Brazil, which are helping women and children get off the
streets and eradicate violence from their lives.  Although unsettling at
times, Hummingbird offers a message of hope by showing how one person can
empower and inspire another to make positive life changes.

A 2000 UNICEF report suggests that anywhere from 20 to 50 percent of the
female population in every country suffer from domestic violence.  In the
United States that figure is estimated at 28 percent.  

Violence affects an individual’s self-esteem, stability and often prevents
them from leading normal and productive lives.  Hummingbird shows how
through nurturing vulnerable women and teaching them about their human
rights, love and respect they can become productive members of their
communities.  The same type of unconditional love and acceptance given to
at-risk children helps break the cycle of violence for future generations.

“I had to make this film because I couldn’t forget the look of hope in the
eyes of the people in these programs.” said Mosher. “I also felt compelled
to spread the profound stories of the inspiring women running these
organizations.” 

Hummingbird will be available at www.hummingbirdmovie.com.

“Hummingbird profiles the work of two local nonprofits working with street
children and abused women…this astonishing tribute highlights their bravery
and courage in rescuing abused and at-risk children, as well as helping
frightened mothers break the cycle of violence and ensure a better future.”

-Video Librarian (Volume 20, Issue 5)-

“A guiding light for a hopeful future, the truly hard hitting footage comes
from Mosher taking to the streets and documenting exactly why these groups
are important.  First, you’re scared to death and then your heart just snaps
in half.”
 
-Eric Campos, FilmThreat-

About the filmmaker
Hummingbird is Mosher’s debut as a director.  She has produced numerous
other projects, including two critically acclaimed films about the dangerous
and misleading tactics of the pharmaceutical industry.  The films, Side
Effects (www.sideeffectsthemovie.com) and Money Talks: Profits Before
Patient Safety (www.moneytalksthemovie.com), received unprecedented
international press attention and have been heralded for raising awareness
about a timely and important topic. 

Continuing with the underlying theme found in Hummingbird—one person can
make a difference—Mosher is currently working on Small Change: World of
Difference (www.passionandgrit.com).  Her newest documentary will follow the
work of the Nobel Peace Prize winning Muhammad Yunus and the Grameen Bank.
The film will show how this unique organization is helping nearly 7 million
women in Bangladesh turn their lives around by providing micro-loans (54
percent of their recipients have crossed the poverty line).

For more information, a Hummingbird screener or to schedule an interview
with Holly Mosher, please contact Cari Reisinger at (209) 736-6769 or
[email-masked].