Subject: Prediction part of Lydia Hazel's paper on genome segmentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:19:47 EST

Dear Mr. Harris:
 
I changed the prediction statement in my paper concerning the current model  
of evolution as expressed in specific NAS publications as follows:
 
This leaves only the following prediction consistent with the  hypothesis of 
evolution for the genetic configuration for any two  expressed, distinctly 
arising,  prehistorically evolved traits on any one  individual genome:  they 
must be the result of unique sets of one pair, or  of multiple pairs, of 
identical genes; that is, the locus, or loci,  of the  distinct pair, or pairs, of 
identical genes responsible for any hypothesized  earlier prehistorically 
originating trait must be separate from the locus, or  loci,  of the distinct pair, 
or pairs,  of identical genes responsible  for any hypothesized later 
prehistorically originating trait.   

I also changed the word possess, when speaking of traits about which the  
model makes predictions, to express.  After all, a person can possess a  gene 
whose associated trait he does not express, such as in the case of  sickle cell 
anemia.  And I substituted the word individual for species in  very places so 
that the reader knows I am talking about traits that cooccur in  an 
individiual, like vertebrae and lungs, not in a population, like normal  shaped red blood 
cells and sickle shaped red blood cells.
 
Again, thanks so much for your feed back.  I see now how my wording  could 
have been confusing.
 
Sincerely,
 
Lydia