Subject: Notes of (Board?) meeting in 1993?

From: Info Person <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:00:22 -0400

Dear Arthur and Bill,

Bob Stephens and I are looking for documentation of a meeting he recalls 
at the end of 1993, where Art, Bob, and others discussed holidays like 
Lupercalia and Saturnalia.  This was where his suggestion of a Darwin 
Day celebrating Darwin was first mentioned.

Do you know of anyone (including yourselves) who have notes of that 
meeting?  Could a reference to it be in the corporate Board minutes?  
Where are the corporate minutes kept? 

We do have a letter from Fred Edwords of the AHA, responding to a letter 
that Arthur wrote presumably in early 1994, discussing the drawbacks of 
the "Darwin Day" concept.  But that was in March of 1994.   We're 
seeking evidence for the end of 1993 origin. 

This is intended for the public Wikipedia article on Darwin Day.

Also, we're looking for when we settled on the February 12 date.  We 
know the earliest two talks in 1995 and 1996 were NOT on February 12, 
but we're looking for the dates of 1997 and later.  I've looked at the 
Hum.Comm. Website listing of all the Darwin Day talks, and they do not 
give the exact dates.  The Website's archive of Sunday Forums doesn't 
show the early Darwin Days because they were not Forums, but rather 
separate public events.

Anyone else out there a packrat like me?

  - David Harris, for Bob and I at DarwinDay.org