Subject: How about cakes?

From: "Eric Hicks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:59:37 -0500

For the last two years I've done a small Darwin Day Celebration at my
school.  This year I made a cake.  (I've attached the photo).  The cake
features the Galapagos (behind Darwin) and his walking path (the pink
footsteps are shown).

I thought a section on your website giving people cake ideas might be
interesting.

Please feel free to use this photo if you find my suggestion useful.

If you think my idea is silly (which it probably is), I won't be offended
in the least.

Best regards,
Eric Hicks
Mercersburg Academy
Mercersburg, PA  (USA)

---

From: "Eric Hicks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:51:25 -0500

Info Person <[email-masked]> on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 9:23 PM
-0500 wrote:
>Particularly, do you know where those little Darwin figurines can be 
>obtained? 

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The Darwin figurine is called a "Darwin Pot Belly" or "Darwin PotBelly".

The first hit in Google gave me this link:

http://www.ulcron3.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/1309/CHARLES%20DARWIN%20-%20Pot%20Belly

(I was given the Darwin potbelly as a gift--I'm not exactly sure where
mine came from).

A couple people have seen the photo of my cake and have posed the same
question...nice cake, but where do you get the Darwin figurine?  (SMILE)

Thanks for all you do to publicize and encourage the teaching of evolution.

Best regards,
Eric Hicks