Subject: Darwin and Wallace

From: Gord Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:49:03 -0700

Hello

I am writing a letter to a couple of our local councils requesting 
proclamations declaring the 12th of February Darwin Day.

After I began said letter, I discovered a problem:  Darwin and Wallace 
developed the theory independently.  (At least according to the 
literature I have read.) 

I have read that Wallace regretted his work (and that Darwin actually 
tried to ensure Wallace was credited for his work), but it still 
presents a problem:  What happens when the Lord Mayor and/or the 
councilor/s ask about Wallace?  Why aren't we crediting him?

I would like to know what Darwin did (or what Wallace didn't) that gives 
him precedence over Wallace.

I will be writing this letter on behalf of our local humanist 
association, so I do not want to make any unnecessary errors.

Please feel free to add my name to your list of supporters for a Darwin 
Day holiday.

Thank you for your time.

G_or_d Leslie
Chairperson
Sunshine Coast Secular Humanist Association