Subject: Publicity/Information

From: "MorayAnderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:26:43 -0000

Hello
 
A brief summary:  Some months ago I entered into length correspondence
with my local council here in Edinburgh, Scotland regarding the issuance
of 'informative' leaflets in Edinburgh City Libraries on religious
festivals such as Eid and Diwali.  As an atheist and secularist I
strongly objected to the leaflets and argued, on the grounds of
fairness, either for their total withdrawal or for the issuance of
comparable leaflets of an overtly a-religious/atheistic and rational
nature.   Edinburgh City Libraries, after initially being steadfast in
their refusal to comply with either request, finally agreed to issue
leaflets on the DDC.  These leaflets will be issued annually in
Edinburgh from 2007 onwards.
 
As the anniversary of Darwin's birth is fast approaching preparation of
the leaflets needs begin shortly.  Do you have any pre-prepared
publicity/promotional material that could be used for inclusion in the
leaflets?  If you do or if you have specific core material that you
would wish to see incorporated into the leaflets, please forward it to
me.  Thanks.
 
Regards,
 
Moray Anderson.