Subject: A RESISTED PARADIGM SHIFT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:40:28 EST

Darwin would have been thrilled to learn that the molecular  basis of natural 
selection had been solved, his theory irreversibly confirmed.  Given his debt 
to Huxley I doubt that he would have been happy that a paradigm  shift had 
been suppressed and that no one in the evolutionary biology community  had come 
forward to crusade for it. The bad news for neo and  ultradarwinians is that 
prostaglandins regulate the synthesis, inhibition and  expression of DNA. As 
Huvley noted,"One single fact can ruin the grandest  hypothesis." Suppressing a 
paradigm in preference to one politically favored can  permanently damage 
society. If the premises are wrong  the research is worthless. Prostaglandins are 
under intensive  research on their role in the evolution of algae, coral, 
plants, flowers, fish,  anurans, reptiles. insects, vertebrates, mammals, primates 
and humans.  
Sincerely,
Julian Lieb, M.D
2033971226ph
2033971246fax

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:55:06 EST

Hi:
 
M Hughes-Fulford, Kenneth R Feingold, Carl Grunfeld et al: "Evidence for  
cAMP Inhibition of S-phase DNA Synthesis by Prostaglandins."(1983) Journal of  
Biological Chemistry 258 (1), 491-496
 
M Hughes-Fulford  "Prostaglandin regulation of gene expression and  growth in 
normal and malignant tissues." 1997 Exp.Med. Biol 400 A; 269-278
 
Jan Nilsson and Anders G. Olsson. "Prostaglandin E1 Inhibits DNA  Synthesis 
in Arterial Smooth Muscle Cells Stimulated with Platelet Derived  Growth 
Factor." 1984 Atherosclerosis 53, 77-84.
 
Kenneth V. Honn, John R Dunn, Lee Roy Morgan et al." Inhibition of DNA  
Synthesis in Harding-Passey Melanoma Cells By Prostaglandin A1 and A2:  Comparison 
With Chemotherapeutic Agents." 1979 Biochem Biophys Res Comm 87 (3)  795-801
 
AV Ershov, N Parkins, WJ Lukiw, & NJ Bazan. "Modulation of early  response 
gene expression by prostaglandins in cultured rat retinal pigment  epithelium 
cells." (2000) Curr Eye Res Dec;21 (6) 968-974 
Thee are many other confirmatory studies.
Dr Hughes-Fulford is head of the Cell Cycle laboratory at U.C.S.F. She was  
chosen by NASA  in large part to evaluate the effects of microgravity  on 
biological systems including prostaglandins.
Sincerely,
Julian Lieb, M.D0      .

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:49:31 EST

Dear Info Person,
 
"People who condemn the use of hypotheses and of preconceived ideas in the  
experimental method make the mistake of confusing invention of an experiment  
with noting its results. We may truly say that the results of an experiment 
must  be noted by a mind stripped of hypotheses and preconceived ideas. But we 
must  beware of proscribing the use of hypotheses and of ideas when devising  
experiments or imaging means of observation. On the 
contrary, as we shall soon see, we must give free rein to our imagination;  
the idea is the essence of all reasoning and all invention." 
 
Claude Bernard (1865): "An Introduction to the Study of Experimental  
Medicine." 
. 
"He often said that no one could be a good observer unless he was an active  
theorizer."

Francis Darwin
 
"Paradoxes play a key role in the advancement of science. They are  
associated with excitement and with the knowledge that we must be looking at  something 
the wrong way. The clear formulation of a paradox can herald important  
advances, since the resolution of a paradox is generally a conceptual step  
forward, It is therefore of paramount importance to identify paradoxes and focus  
attention on them" Geoffrey W. Hoffman, Julia G. Levy and Gerald T. Nepom. 1986  
CRC "Paradoxes in Immunology."
 
I'll be sending you more evidence in the mail. Please let me know to whom I  
should address it and the address. I entered prostaglandin research in 1975  
and gradually began to draw together observations whose relationship to each  
other had never been suspected. Philosophers of science and medicine have  
observed that "experts" seldom make major advances that come instead  from 
unexpected and improbable sources. The more one knows about  prostaglandins the more 
credible my work becomes; I could give you and your  associates a quickie 
tutorial and direct you to seminal studies. Much has  been said lately of the 
neglect of innovators. Were it not for Thomas  Huxley natural selection could have 
been be a footnote to evolutionary  history.
Sincerely,
Julian Lieb, M.D