Subject: RE: Is your Darwin Day on the 2nd of February?

From: "John Rafferty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:31:26 -0500

Dear David:
Thoroughly aware of Darwin's real birthday, our org nevertheless celebrates
DDay 10 days early this year because it was when we could get Richard Milner
to speak to our group. Happy Birthday, Chuck.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Info Person [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Is your Darwin Day on the 2nd of February?

Dear John,

As the editor of the database of events for DarwinDay.org, I noticed
that you are the sponsor for an event scheduled for February 2.  That
day is a Thursday, about 10 days before Darwin's birthday.  Is that
correct?  If not, let me know the date and I'll correct the listing.

In either case, we are delighted to know that you are having a celebration!

Yours for science and humanity,

  - David Harris, Database Editor at DarwinDay.org

---

From: "John Rafferty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:30:57 -0500

David:
The celebration went exceptionally well. We had more than 60 people
overflowing the room at the Muhlenberg Library for Richard Milner's
presentation on "Charles Darwin & Associates: Ghostbusters."
Then we followed with our (SHSNY's) own Darwin Day dinner, at which
Richard and his wife and daughter were our guests, as well as Matthew
Chapman, Darwin's great-great grandson (who has a terrific article in
the current Harper's on the Dover, PA "I.D." trial), and his wife.
Please tell me more about your organization.
John

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Info Person" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Rafferty" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: Is your Darwin Day on the 2nd of February?

> Thank you for the confirmation John.  Hope the celebration is going
well
> today.
>
>    - David, at DarwinDay.org
>
> John Rafferty wrote:
> > Dear David: