Subject: Re: [Fwd: Darwin Day 2008 - enquiries and proposal]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:34:01 EST

Dear Maurizia Garzia:
 
Thank you for contacting us at Darwin Day with your interesting information  
-- I'm pleased to learn about the Balzan Foundation and it's important  work. 
I have spent some time browsing your web-site and I assume you  have also 
become acquainted with ours at _www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org)   so 
I'm prepared to  talk with you if you care to call. 
 
Our headquarters are in California and since you are apparently in the EU  
you must be about 10 hrs ahead of our time. This means that our office hours  
will not mesh very well -- however, here are my phone # and you are welcome to  
call either my home # 659-325-9310 or my office at 650-369-7214. I would be  
pleased to discus your request and be of assistance if I can. Perhaps there are 
 ways that we could be of mutual assistance?
 
I look forward to our discussion.
Robert Stephens, Ph.D.
Pres. Darwin Day Celebration,
_www.darwinday.org_ (http://www.darwinday.org)  

In a message dated 2/23/07 3:00:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

--------  Original Message --------
Subject: Darwin Day 2008 - enquiries and  proposal
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:00:16 +0100
From: maurizia garzia  <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: maurizia  garzia <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a media consultant  working for the International Balzan Foundation, 
a Swiss-Italian  organization which, since 1961, awards a 1 million Swiss 
Francs (around  £400,000.00) Prize to the most excellent personalities in 
the world of  science and humanities. Amongst the most prestigious 
scientists awarded  since 1961 feature René Couteaux, Robert Mc Credie 
May, Harmon Craig,  Claude Lorius, Reinhard Genzel, Russell Hemley, Paolo 
De Bernardis. For  information on the Foundation and Balzan Prize winners 
please look at  www.balzan.com

As Darwin Day becomes more and more prestigious around  the world the 
International Balzan Foundation would like to suggest one or  more of his 
excellent Prize winners to be part of next year's round of  conferences 
and events in London.
Before we do this please allow me to  ask the following questions:

is the 2008 Darwin Day going to be  dedicated to a particular  scientific 
issue?
what is the procedure  for proposing a speaker?
could the Foundation participate in any  way?
are your speakers expenses covered by your organization?
do your  speakers receive a fee?

I wonder if you could send me a telephone  number where I could contact 
you to talk about the above?

I look  forward to your earliest reply. If you would like to call me 
please do not  hesitate to do so at the following numbers: +39 06 424561 
or +39 349 6434  229.

Thank you for your attention and kind regards.
Maurizia  Garzia
Della Silva Communication Consulting for the International Balzan  Foudation

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free 
email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at 
http://www.aol.com.