Subject: Charles Darwin Stamp

From: "Brian D. Gregory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:46:45 -0700

On the chance that others on your emailing list might be interested in 
postage honoring Charles Darwin, I'm providing the following information 
to you.  Recently I attempted to have a photostamp printed by stamps.com 
honoring Charles Darwin.  They turned me down flat, stating there was no 
appeal of their decision but didn't offer any justification. 

So, I tried zazzle.com and had the following stamp printed:

The way the United States is controlled by the religious right-wing 
faction of christianity I would doubt the USPS will produce a 
commemorative stamp for Darwin's 200 anniversary.  This might be the 
only way to honor him.

Brian D. Gregory

---

From: "Brian D. Gregory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:54:10 -0700

Mr. Harris,

Unfortunately, after a somewhat long delay, zazzle.com rejected my 
order.  No reason was given but I've appealed their decision. 

I'm not hopeful given the anti-science environment in the US these 
days.  I guess the stamps they will print are to be meaningless.

Brian Gregory

Info Person wrote:
> Dear Brian,
>
> This is fascinating.  I wasn't aware that real postage could be 
> created in this way.  The cost is apparently more than twice what 
> regular postage would cost, but for special purposes like this it's 
> real catchy.
>
> We are making some effort to associate both Darwin and Lincoln with 
> their joint bicentennial on Feb.12, 2009.  If we get that idea 
> planted, people will not be able to ignore either liberator, 
> regardless of their crazy politics.
>
> Thank you for your creative work here.  I'm passing this on to our 
> President Bob Stephens.
>
>   - Info Person, aka David Harris, at DarwinDay.org
>
> Brian D. Gregory wrote:
>> On the chance that others on your emailing list might be interested 
>> in postage honoring Charles Darwin, I'm providing the following 
>> information to you.  Recently I attempted to have a photostamp 
>> printed by stamps.com honoring Charles Darwin.  They turned me down 
>> flat, stating there was no appeal of their decision but didn't offer 
>> any justification.