Subject: Re: Gathering useful information at Darwin Day events

From: Baldo Conti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:03:33 +0100

Dear Dr Stephens,

Thank you for your message and attachment. The DD in Florence and Pisa 
had a very interesting success, about 150-200 people in Florence 
(University, Tribuna di Galileo), and 200-250 people in Pisa (Scuola 
Normale Superiore). I provided to collect e-mail addresses according to 
your form that you can find as attachments with our plybills. The 
reports of DD in Italy with the cooperation of our association (UAAR, 
Unione degli Atei e degli Agnostici Razionalisti, www.uaar.it) will be 
published in the next issue of our periodical "L'Ateo" (written in 
Italian), that I will provide to send you by air mail to your address 
at Redwood City. Best wishes,

Baldo

P.S. - By air mail I am sending you also the originals of e-mail 
addresses and our plybills drawn by a well-known Italian cartoonist, 
Sergio Staino, member of our Comitato di Presidenza.

----------------------------------------

Il giorno 07/feb/05, alle 06:18, Dr. R. Stephens ha scritto:

> Dear Mr. Baldo Conti,
>
> We at DarwinDay.org are still discovering how best to do things, often
> with helpul suggestions from supportive people like you.  We recently
> realized that if you collect names of interested persons at your
> Darwin Day celebrations, and send us a copy, then we can communicate
> with them in the future.  We can announce your future events and keep
> people inspired about this movement to honor Science and Humanity.
>
> Attached is a Microsoft Word format file (you can use OpenOffice or
> StarOffice as well) of a sign up sheet to use at your Darwin Day event.
> If you print some copies of this sheet (each copy will hold 20 names)
> and place them where people can sign them, we will know how to contact
> these interested people next year.
>
> We would also appreciate it if you sent us brief reports of your event,
> with an estimate of how many people attended.  If you have a few
> digitized photographs that you would like to share, you can attach them
> to an email.  If anyone has a transcript of an inspiring talk, debate,
> or sermon, we'd appreciate that too.  Basically we would like to
> encourage other people next year to join this important and enjoyable
> movement.
>
> Thank you for your kind assistance.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Robert J. (Bob) Stephens, Ph. D.
> Chairman of the Board, Darwin Day Celebration, a Nonprofit Corp.
> http://darwinday.org
>
> PS If you do not want to receive additional e-mail from Darwin Day
> Celebration, simply reply to this e-mail at [email-masked].
>
>
>
> <Signup.doc>

**********************************************************
Baldo Conti, Redazione de L'Ateo
Casella Postale 10, 50018 Le Bagnese S.G. (Firenze)
Tel-Segr-Fax 055 711156, Cell. 335 5464512
E-mail: [email-masked]
Universita' (diretto) 055 2288.201/307
**********************************************************