Subject: Darwin Day in Seattle: Discovery Institute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:14:21 EST

Just wanted to let you know that the event you have identified as  
celebrating "Darwin Day" in Seattle WA is being held by the Discovery Institute-  a 
group of creationists. While I look forward to trying to attend and ask  questions 
at this event (as they believe that evolution is possible only if  guided by 
a "divine hand", which itself need not be God as long as it has all of  the 
characteristics and attributes of God), I think it would be valuable for you  to 
note on your posting that these folks "celebrate Darwin" in a very different  
way than would most scientists (for example, scientists who believe in  
science).
 
Anne Udaloy,  LHG
Udaloy Environmental Services
20304 30th Avenue NE
Lake Forest  Park, WA 98155-1530

[email-masked]
(206) 362-0295
(206) 799-3948  (cell)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:16:12 EST

Dear David,
Glad I was able to be of help. These are the folks whose "science" textbook  
was rejected because of its frequent reference to "creation science", so  they 
replaced all instances of "creation science" with "intelligent design"  and 
assumed the revised book would pass muster in science classes-  they got 
stopped (with some rather cutting remarks from the judge) on that  one, also.
 
I hope to see some other geologists at professional meetings later this  week 
and will ask whether any are interested in a more fitting celebration of  the 
day- if nothing else, perhaps a group of us could join in the Discovery  
Institute gathering, if only for the inspired conversation that would  ensue-
 
Anne Udaloy,  LHG

[email-masked]
(206) 362-0295
(206) 799-3948  (cell)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:33:25 EST

Dear David,
Nice job- thanks again,
 
Anne Udaloy,  LHG

[email-masked]
(206) 362-0295
(206) 799-3948  (cell)