Subject: Rejection of Darwin

From: "Brian D. Gregory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:17:20 -0800

If you find this of significance, you might consider sending it out to 
your membership to not even try dealing with Photostamps.com:

I recently received an email from www.photostamps.com advertising their 
service.  They will, for a fee, print legal postage stamps (United 
States) with a photo of your choice providing it met certain criteria.  
I ordered several sheets with a public domain photograph of Charles 
Darwin.  They rejected the order with no reason given and won't allow 
any reconsideration of the decision.  From their email, "There is no 
appeal process or department that re-reviews decisions made by our Image 
Control Experts."  So much for honoring Darwin on a postage stamp.

---

From: "Brian D. Gregory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:30:30 -0800

David,

I wrote you with the idea of sharing what I experienced with others that 
might want to do the same thing.  Please share it if it will do any good.

Brian

Info Person wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Would you like to get in touch with another of our correspondents who 
> is asking if there will be an OFFICIAL UK stamp in 2009?  It seems 
> quite likely, in my opinion, since Darwin is on their 5 pound note.
>
> I'll await your decision on whether I may share your email with the 
> other person.  Let me know if that's OK, please.
>
>   - David Harris, aka Info Person at DarwinDay.org
>
> Brian D. Gregory wrote:
>> If you find this of significance, you might consider sending it out 
>> to your membership to not even try dealing with Photostamps.com:
>>
>> I recently received an email from www.photostamps.com advertising 
>> their service.  They will, for a fee, print legal postage stamps 
>> (United States) with a photo of your choice providing it met certain 
>> criteria.  I ordered several sheets with a public domain photograph 
>> of Charles Darwin.  They rejected the order with no reason given and 
>> won't allow any reconsideration of the decision.  From their email, 
>> "There is no appeal process or department that re-reviews decisions 
>> made by our Image Control Experts."  So much for honoring Darwin on a 
>> postage stamp.
>
>
>
>
>