Subject: Bluestockings Needs Humanist Books....

From: "Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:08:21 -0500

Hi Amanda.

It's Jeffrey from Bluestockings again.  Last week's email was a little long
winded, and I didn't even include my second (and unrelated) request....

We added a couple of new book sections when we expanded the store.  I
convinced folks on our team to add a humanist section (and yes, oddly I had
to fight a bit for it).  It's a funny thing. I work with great folks, but a
few of them (as well as many customers) buy into 'spirituality'.  Authors
and organizers like Starhawk (http://www.starhawk.org/) appeal to part of
our base, so I felt if important and necessary to put together a collection
of books that take a little more, um, grounded approach to the world.

Unfortunately, we still have 10 times the number of titles in the
'Spirituality' section than we now have a 'Humanist' section (and yes, I was
able to get these two sections displayed next to one another).

Anyhow, I'm still hunting around for more titles to add to this collection
and was hoping you could recommend a few (or as many as 15-20) good books.
Any humanist titles with a feminist or urban bent, or which contribute to
solid political foundations would be highly useful (oh, and feel free to
include classics as well, other than Swift's 'A Modest Proposal').  And yes,
the first book I ordered for this section (while a little dated) was
Russell's 'Why I Am Not A Christian'.

If you could help here at all, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best.  Jeffrey.
=----=----=----=----=----=----=
Jeffrey Lewis
Bluestockings
172 Allen Street
New York, New York 10002
212.777.6028
http://www.bluestockings.com/
=----=----=----=----=----=----=