Subject: Darwin Exhibition at the American Museum of Natural History, NYC

From: "Meredith Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:19:08 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to inform you of an exciting and important exhibition - Darwin
--- on the life and work of Charles Darwin which is now open at the American
Museum of Natural History. This landmark exhibition, currated by Niles
Eldredge, will feature many original Darwin artifacts and specimens many of
which have never left England. Darwin will be on display in NYC until May
29, 2006. After that, the exhibition will travel to Boston, Chicago,
concluding its' tour in London for the bicentennial of Darwin's birth. Below
is a link to the exhibition's dedicated Web site.

Darwin at the American Museum of Natural History

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/darwin/

We are eager to spread the word about this exhibition and would be grateful
if you would consider publishing information about Darwin on your Web site
and/or send an announcement about the exhibition to your list serve or email
database. If needed, we are happy to provide copy for your use. Otherwise,
feel free to pull information about the exhibition off the AMNH Web site. We
also have printed materials for distribution if you have the means to
distribute them. Please contact me to discuss this.

Also of note, this Thursday, Dec. 1st the Museum will host a session called
"Darwin's Legacy". Below is the information about the event and how to buy
tickets. We would appreciate any support you can provide to get the word out
about this important program. If you can attend personally, please let us
know and we can reserve tickets for you.

DARWIN'S LEGACY

Explore Darwin's legacy and impact with Michael Ruse, Florida State
University, author of The Evolution-Creation Struggle; Ronald Numbers,
University of Wisconsin-Madison, author of The Creationists; Edward Larson,
University of Georgia, author of Summer of the Gods: The Scopes Trial and
America's Continuing Debate over Science and Religion; and James Moore, Open
University, United Kingdom, coauthor of Darwin. The panel will be moderated
by Robert Bazell, Chief Science Correspondent, NBC News.

DETAILS

When: December 01, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. 

Where: American Museum of Natural History on Central Park West in NYC,
Program will be held in the LeFrak Theater, first floor 

Cost:    $15 ($13.50 Members, students, senior citizens) 

Buying Tickets:   Call 212-769-5200 for tickets or visit the Public Programs
section of www.AMNH.org to buy tickets 

Thanks for your attention and support. Please don't hesitate to reply with
any questions.

Best,

Meredith Hahn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meredith Hahn

Associate Director, Marketing

American Museum of Natural History

Central Park West at 79th Street

New York, NY 10024

PHONE: 212.769.5134

http://www.amnh.org