Subject: Re: [Fwd: contact]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:48:15 EDT

David, Perhaps we should refer them to Darwin200 in England -- what do you  
think? In addition, lets talk about it for a couple of minutes.
 
Bob 

In a message dated 9/12/07 4:26:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

This is  a wierd one.  I'm not sure what they really want/

-  David

-------- Original Message --------     Subject:  contact  Date:  Mon, 10 Sep 
2007 09:30:07 -0300 (BRT)  From:  [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked])   To:  [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) 

Dear  Sirs/Madams:

Please let me quickly introduce ourselves. My name is  Evandro Sathler and I 
am contacting you on behalf of Mr. Paulo Bidegain,  Vice-President of Rio de 
Janeiro State Forest Institute - IEF-RJ.

The  reason of our contact is to establish institutional support to the 
Charles  Darwin 200 project and, at the same time, join efforts to the execution of 
 it.

As you may know "The Beagle" made a stop over Rio de Janeiro and  Darwin 
explored its surroundings for a few days. His notes about this  explorings have 
inspired many todays naturalists ans scientists. Specificaly  one of the 
protected areas in a form of Park, named Parque Estadual da Serra  da Tiririca (Serra 
da Tiririca State Park) was on Charles Darwin route to the  east portion of 
the actual state of Rio de Janeiro.

In honor of Charles  Darwin and as part of the efforts of the 200th year 
project, the state of Rio  de Janeiro is highly considering to change the name of 
the referred park to  Charles Darwin Forest State Park.

In order to accomplish this goal it  is necessary for us to integrate this 
project somehow, for what we remain  waiting for your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Evandro  Sathler
on behalf of
Paulo Bidegain
vice President of IEF-RJ  

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com