Subject: Darwin Days @ Stony Brook University, Feb. 15 & 16!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:17:24 EST

For immediate  release 
January,  2007 
Darwin Days Events @ Stony Brook  University! 
The Center for  Inquiry Community of Long  Island is proud to be a sponsor of 
 “Darwin Days” @ Stony Brook! THE ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION  DEPARTMENT  AT 
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY  PRESENTS 
Thursday &  Friday, February 15,16: Darwin Days!

Thursday, February  15, 2007, all day! 
Darwin Day Information  Table 
Students will be  staffing an information table in the _Student  Activities 
Center lobby_ (http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/map/)  all day. 

Thursday, February 15,  2007, 7:30  p.m. 
Darwin Day  Lecture 
Special Darwin Day  Provost Lecture: _Sean  Carroll_ 
(http://www.hhmi.org/research/investigators/carroll_bio.html) , the Howard Hughes Professor at the 
University of Wisconsin,  speaking on the topic, "The Making of the  Fittest" –_ 
a lecture at the Student Activities Center  auditorium,_ 
(http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/map/)  Stony  Brook University, Nicolls Road, Stony Brook, NY.  Get 
there early - every seat will be  filled!  After the  lecture, Sean will be 
signing his _book_ 
(http://www.amazon.com/Making-Fittest-Ultimate-Forensic-Evolution/dp/0393061639/sr=1-1/qid=1168118715/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3686279-2312122?ie=
UTF8&s=books)   of the same name as his talk. 
FREE and open to the  public! 

Friday, February 16,  2007, 7:00  p.m. 
Darwin Day Panel  Discussion 
"Faith & Science:  Is there an interface?" 
Special Panel: Katy  Hinman, Director, Georgia Light and Power; Rev. Richard 
Edwards, pastor, Stony  Brook Community Church; Rev. Catherine Schuyler, SBU 
pastor; Rabbi Joseph Topek,  Director, Hillel Foundation for Jewish Life and 
Director of the Interfaith  Center; Jeffrey Levinton, SBU Distinguished 
Professor of Ecology and Evolution;  Robert Crease, Professor and Chair of the 
Philosophy Dept. and _Director of  SBU_ (http://www.stonybrook.edu/trust/) 
_-Templeton  Trust Institute_ (http://www.stonybrook.edu/trust/) _._ 
(http://www.stonybrook.edu/trust/)   At the _Earth and  Space Sciences Lecture Theater 001_ 
(http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/map/) . 

FREE and open to the  public!   

Center  for Inquiry – Community of Long  Island  

P.O. Box  119, Greenlawn, NY, 11740  516 640 5491 
Email: [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])                           
                Website: www.centerforinquiry.net/li 
Contact: Gerry  Dantone 
The purpose of the Center for Inquiry is to promote and  defend reason, 
science, and freedom of inquiry in all areas of human  endeavor.  The Center for 
Inquiry is  a transnational nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that encourages 
evidence-based  inquiry into science, pseudoscience, medicine and health, 
religion, ethics,  secularism, and society.  Through  education, research, 
publishing, and social services, it seeks to present  affirmative alternatives based on 
scientific  naturalism.