Subject: Re: Darwin Day events in the Bay Area

From: Glenn Branch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:55:17 -0800

Dear David,

Thanks for your e-mail and your kind words.

Yes, it was a mailing to NCSE supporters in the Bay Area -- about 400 or 
so, I think.  I've also sent out similar mailings where we have a staff 
member or a friend speaking (this year so far, Chicago and Oregon) or when 
someone asked me to (this year so far, southern Florida and Sacramento).

I'm pretty sure that all of those events are listed in your invaluable 
registry.

At 03:46 PM 2/5/2007, you wrote:
>Thank you, Glenn.  I will compare these with our current listings and 
>register any not already registered.
>
>I take it this was a mailing to NCSE supporters in the SF Bay area, going 
>just to those local people you know about.
>
>Thank you for helping make Darwin Day, and support for evolution, science 
>and humanity, grow.
>
>   - David Harris, Info Person at Darwin Day Celebration
>>
>>
>>
>>Subject:
>>Darwin Day events in the Bay Area
>>From:
>>Glenn Branch <mailto:[email-masked]><[email-masked]>
>>Date:
>>Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:38:26 -0800
>>To:
>>Glenn Branch <mailto:[email-masked]><[email-masked]>
>>
>>Dear Bay Area-friends of NCSE,
>>
>>I thought that you might like to know about a number of Darwin Day events 
>>in the Bay Area.
>>
>>On February 8, starting at 7:00 p.m., East Bay Science Café at Spud's 
>>Pizza, 290 Adeline Street, Berkeley, is hosting Robert Dudley and Jim 
>>McGuire, speaking on "New Insights into Animal Flight Evolution Obtained 
>>from Gliding Southeast Asian Lizards and Amazonian Ant-Tossing."  For 
>>further details, see:
>><http://bnhm.berkeley.edu/about/sciencecafe.php>http://bnhm.berkeley.edu/about/sciencecafe.php 
>>
>>
>>On February 10, all day, the University of California Museum of 
>>Paleontology will be presenting a short course on The Implications of 
>>Evolution:  Evidence & Applications, featuring talks by John Thompson, 
>>Roy Caldwell, Leslea Hlusko, Robert Dudley, and NCSE's Eugenie C. 
>>Scott.  Registration is required.  For further details, see:
>><http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/museum/events/shortcourse2007/index.html>http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/museum/events/shortcourse2007/index.html 
>>
>>
>>Also on February 10, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., San Francisco Atheists is 
>>presenting Evolutionpalooza! in the Latino/Hispanic Community Meeting 
>>Room of the main branch of the San Francisco Public Library, 100 Larkin 
>>Street at Grove, San Francisco.  "Come celebrate Darwin Day with your 
>>fellow primates and maybe learn something, too!  Science, fun, drinks and 
>>refreshments, and more.  Play the exciting game 'Evolutionary!' (back by 
>>popular demand!)."  For further details (PDF), see:
>><http://sfatheists.com/files/DD07_Color_Flyer.pdf>http://sfatheists.com/files/DD07_Color_Flyer.pdf 
>>
>>
>>On February 11, from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon, NCSE deputy director Glenn 
>>Branch will be speaking at the Darwin Day program -- "Voyage of the 
>>Bagel" -- of Kol Hadash Northern California Community for Humanistic 
>>Judaism, at the Albany Community Center, 1249 Marin Avenue in 
>>Albany.  For further details, see:
>><http://www.kolhadash.org/calendar/>http://www.kolhadash.org/calendar/
>>
>>Also on February 11, starting at 2:00 p.m., the Lawrence Hall of Science, 
>>Centennial Drive in Berkeley, will be screening Randy Olson's hilarious 
>>documentary about the creationism/evolution controversy, Flock of 
>>Dodos.  Admission is free with paid admission to LHS.  For further 
>>details, see:
>><http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/specialevents/>http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/specialevents/ 
>>
>>
>>Enjoy!
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Glenn Branch
>>Deputy Director
>>National Center for Science Education, Inc.
>>420 40th Street, Suite 2
>>Oakland, CA 94609-2509
>>510-601-7203 x305
>>fax: 510-601-7204
>>800-290-6006
>><mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
>>http://www.ncseweb.org
>>
>>Not in Our Classrooms:  Why Intelligent Design Is Wrong for Our Schools
>><http://www.ncseweb.org/nioc>http://www.ncseweb.org/nioc
>>
>>Eugenie C. Scott's Evolution vs. Creationism
>><http://www.ncseweb.org/evc>http://www.ncseweb.org/evc
>>
>>NCSE's work is supported by its members.  Join today!
>><http://www.ncseweb.org/membership.asp>http://www.ncseweb.org/membership.asp

Sincerely,

Glenn Branch
Deputy Director
National Center for Science Education, Inc.
420 40th Street, Suite 2
Oakland, CA 94609-2509
510-601-7203 x305
fax: 510-601-7204
800-290-6006
[email-masked]
http://www.ncseweb.org

Not in Our Classrooms:  Why Intelligent Design Is Wrong for Our Schools
http://www.ncseweb.org/nioc

Eugenie C. Scott's Evolution vs. Creationism
http://www.ncseweb.org/evc

NCSE's work is supported by its members.  Join today!
http://www.ncseweb.org/membership.asp