Subject: Oops, I made a duplicate registration

From: Stephen Meskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:41:55 -0500

How do I remove this one?  It is a duplicate of the next event in the list.

Jt meeting of Baltimore Ethical Soc. and Balt Secular Humanists  ( Public )
Start Date and Time: 2007-02-11 10:30:00
Event Website: http://
Activities:
Speaker: Sharon Kingsland,Ph.D., Chair
Dept. of History of Science and Technology, JHU
"What Did Darwin Learn About Human Behavior from Observing Animals?"
It is commonly thought that Darwin insulted humans by bringing them down 
to the level of animals. But we should also recognize that Darwin's 
discussion of human and animal evolution in The Descent of Man (1871) 
did not so much bring humans down as it raised animals up, showing them 
to be capable of emotions and thought and in general being a lot like 
us. Darwin also vehemently rejected the notion that his theory supported 
the idea that "might makes right" or that evolution means we are 
inherently selfish. To the contrary, he believed that the rise of 
ethical standards was adaptive from an evolutionary standpoint.
Sharon Kingsland is a historian of science and professor in the 
Department of History of Science and Technology at Johns Hopkins 
University. She specializes in the history of modern life sciences, 
especially the history of evolutionary biology and ecology. She teaches 
an undergraduate course called "Debating Evolution" which explores 
various controversies in evolutionary biology from Darwin's time to the 
present.
Address:
306 W. Franklin St., Suite 102,
Baltimore, Maryland UNITED STATES
Sponsor: Baltimore Ethical Society
Contact: Administrator, [email-masked], 410-581-2322

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:03:16 +0000

removing the newer one is fine.
thanks.
 -------------- Original message ----------------------
From: Info Person <[email-masked]>
> Dear Friends of Darwin Day,
> 
> Because this announcement is a little different from the earlier posted 
> one for this event, I am inviting any message why I should not remove 
> the newer message below.  If I don't hear any protest by Monday Jan 22, 
> I will remove the message below and leave the earlier one.
> 
> I believe I am copying all the email addresses we have regarding this 
> Darwin Day Event.
> 
> Best wishes,
> 
>    - Info Person, maintaining the database of people and events
> 
> Stephen Meskin wrote:
> > “What Did Darwin Learn About Human Behavior from Observing Animals?”
> > to the level of animals. But we should also recognize that Darwin’s 
> > the idea that “might makes right” or that evolution means we are 
> > an undergraduate course called “Debating Evolution” which explores 
> > various controversies in evolutionary biology from Darwin’s time to the 
> > present.
> > Address: