Subject: THE DODO GAZETTE for December, 2006

From: Flock of Dodos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:58:50 -0800

If you cannot see the image below, please go to the following link:
http://flockofdodos.zawaye.com

Cities confirming for Dodos Darwin Day so far are:

Boston – The Museum of Fine Art
Denver – Denver Museum of Nature and Science
Detroit – The New Detroit Science Center
Ft. Lauderdale – Museum of Discovery and Science
Kansas City – Science City at Union Station
Los Angeles – USC Norris Cinema Theatre
New York City – NY Hall of Science
Pittsburgh – The Carnegie Science Center
Raleigh – The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
Salt Lake City – The Utah Museum of Natural History
San Francisco – The Exploratorium
Santa Barbara – The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
Seattle – Pacific Science Center
St. Louis – The Saint Louis Science Center
Tampa – The Museum of Science and Industry
Other cities are in the works, please check back for more details.		
 From Seattle to Boston to Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles, across the  
country screenings of “Flock of Dodos,” along with various  
discussions will be held on or around Darwin Day, February 12, 2007.  
Randy Olson and Muffy Moose will be attending several of the screenings.

The L.A. premiere will take place on February 10 at Norris Theater on  
the campus of the University of Southern California sponsored by 8  
university departments as well as the undergraduate organization  
Spectrum.		
In Boston, the Museum of Fine Art will host a screening on Saturday  
February 17 organized by the curator of film, Bo Smith, who was on  
the jury that gave Randy Olson his first film festival award in 1990.		
How high is your EEKU?
Dr. Steve Case, Director of the new center of Evolution Education at  
University of Kansas (EEKU, which sounds like "EQ" which is your  
Evolutionary Quotient, if you get that) is now organizing for a  
curriculum development project around "Flock of Dodos." Call Steve  
Case if you are interested in participating. You can reach him at  
785-864-4471.	
In Seattle, the Pacific
Science Center will join
forces with film gurus The Warren Report, to promote and screen Flock  
of Dodos on several dates beginning February 7, 2007.

And in Denver, where the air is thin and the dodos seem particularly  
at home, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, which in October  
hosted the greatest night of dodos to date with a sold out screening  
in their IMAX theater, will recreate the magic on February 12 and 13,  
2007.	
Brace yourselves, it’s time for the Muffy Moose Memo at  
www.muffymoose.com	
MARGARET MEAD FILM FESTIVAL PANEL DISCUSSION: From left, Dr. Jeremy  
Jackson (Scripps Institution of Oceanography), Bill Blakemore (ABC  
World News Tonight), Cornelia Dean (New York Times Science Times),  
Dr. Joel Cracraft (AMNH), and Muffy Moose (Kansas Institute for  
Spiritual Moosism and Extra Terrestrialism, KISMET)	
It took her 83 years to become a movie star, now they can’t keep her  
quiet. Check out Muffy Moose’s new blog.	

If you are unable to view this page click here